Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

+37
special_cases
SW_Heroine_Journey
spacebaby45678
Lovely_Rose
MrsWindu
TheBastardofMandalore
colibri
Teo oswald
SoloSideCousin
Birdwoman
thescavenger
Saracene
twilekempire
CienaRee
rawpowah
rey09
Moonjump05
nickandnora
Helix
Ynqve
KnightsofReylo_2015
Irina de France
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
SheLitAFire
BenRey
Forsythia
Xylo Ren
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
snufkin
Man Without A Star
californiagirl
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
41 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by Lovely_Rose Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:38 pm

The delay to Confederate is because it’s controversial... pretty sure they’re replacing that project with Star Wars at this point.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by californiagirl Tue 14 May 2019, 10:04 am

Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with them closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.

Last edited by californiagirl on Wed 15 May 2019, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 May 2019, 10:11 am

I am glad to hear it despite the recent bruhaha.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 14 May 2019, 11:22 pm

californiagirl wrote:Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with the closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.
@californiagirl

Right?? Interesting timing....I would have waited to announce this if I were KK or Iger lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 14 May 2019, 11:54 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with the closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.
@californiagirl

Right?? Interesting timing....I would have waited to announce this if I were KK or Iger lol
@SheLitAFire

If you read that whole thread, you'll see that Bob Iger is a Master of the Universe, and he is kinda right when it comes to the entertainment industry. Now he wants to buy Hulu too.  Forget about "cutting the cord", we'll just all pay Bon now, lol.

But seriously, I don't think that guy gives two f**** that the most recent episode of GoT is causing an uproar.  D&D are in his employ now, and he'll be the final word on what goes onscreen or not.  Also, I bet that he is the type of man to make a show of being fearless and isn't going to kowtow to anyone.

I also have a feeling that he likes some controversy.  He was pretty effusive about TLJ when he had to know that a certain segment of the audience would be furious.  I doubt that he expected the fanboy Rotten Tomatoes uprising, but I bet he put a lot of the blame for that on Mark Hamill, who has been nowhere to be seen lately.  He wasn't even at SWC.

I bet Bob is pretty used to winning in the end.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 May 2019, 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 15 May 2019, 12:39 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:

@californiagirl

@SheLitAFire

If you read that whole thread, you'll see that Bob Iger is a Master of the Universe, and he is kinda right when it comes to the entertainment industry. Now he wants to buy Hulu too. Forget about "cutting the cord", we'll just all pay Bon now, lol.

But seriously, I don't think that guy gives two f**** that the most recent episode of GoT is causing an uproar. D&D are in his employ now, and he'll be the final word on what goes onscreen or not. Also, I bet that he is the type of man to make of show of being fearless and isn't going to kowtow to anyone.

I also have a feeling that he likes some controversy. He was pretty effusive about TLJ when he had to know that a certain segment of the audience would be furious. I doubt that he expected the fanboy Rotten Tomatoes uprising, but I bet he put a lot of the blame for that on Mark Hamill, who has been nowhere to be seen lately. He wasn't even at SWC.

I bet Bob is pretty used to winning in the end.l

But back to D&D,
@SoloSideCousin

All well said. Very Happy

I'm not happy about D&D's involvement with SW, but I will not be ugly about it because the ugliness against Rian was awful...can't be what I dislike.

I am determined to have hope....that this criticism is having a positive effect on them...that working with Rian will have a positive effect on them (plus attending the required Campbell's Hero's Journey course LF has - something I read, hope it's true..lol)...and if all that is moot, and their script is s***, I have hope KK will fire them (and if she doesn't want to/thinks about it) Bob will.

Sigh...maybe D&D will have redemption. ??

Hope and Positivity...that is my motto with this Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:48 pm

I'm glad I put up the D&D thread yesterday. Their trilogy isn't happening anymore, they signed a massive Netflix deal after the date for their SW movies were set. Looks like their attention went over there instead. I forget, did they get a big Universal deal too?

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/

KK indicates maybe one day?
“David Benioff and Dan Weiss are incredible storytellers,. We hope to include them in the journey forward when they are able to step away from their busy schedule to focus on Star Wars.”

That might just be diplomacy though. At least they weren't "unmanageable" like CT.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:57 pm

californiagirl wrote:I'm glad I put up the D&D thread yesterday. Their trilogy isn't happening anymore, they signed a massive Netflix deal after the date for their SW movies were set. Looks like their attention went over there instead. I forget, did they get a big Universal deal too?

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/

KK indicates maybe one day?
“David Benioff and Dan Weiss are incredible storytellers,. We hope to include them in the journey forward when they are able to step away from their busy schedule to focus on Star Wars.”

That might just be diplomacy though. At least they weren't "unmanageable" like CT.
@californiagirl

OMG!!!! This is phenomenal!  Truly!

This had me more worried about the future of SW, versus anything in TROS.  Now, life is SW good! Very Happy Smile

KK having an open-minded statement is what I've seen in all of these type of Hollywood press releases, regardless of topic.  Well said - it's diplomacy! Very Happy Smile

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm

Thank you, Jesus. God is real. Netflix, we wish you good fortune in the wars to come. Or not...
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:03 pm

After all the horror stories my friends shared with me about GOT, this is relief.

Disney had those three announced release dates set aside for this. Now what, I wonder? Cancel them, speed up Rian’s trilogy, or something else? I know the Fiege rumors, but that sounded like just a one off, didn’t it?
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:07 pm

Best possible news for SW fans tbh. You could see it coming when a few months ago there was an article about them suddenly being down to one movie when originally it was a trilogy and when they took the Netflix deal even tho they already were attached to SW. I don't buy that this was their call tho, I think the backlash and negative press around them since season 8 freaked out Disney and LF because the last thing they need is more drama with directors.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:17 pm

As GOT went on, and especially those last few episodes, and the first date for their trilogy set, and that awful panel the other day, I'd never seen the people I follow that upset about literally other pop culture thing. It's not just a show or film series, it's really a case study about media and even who gets rewarded in our society as a general rule and not held accountable for being incompetent or more generally bad.

My gosh, the mood has changed, everyone's partying, Ohtze said she's literally crying. Plus the TROS trailer most people seemed to be really encouraged by, the Mandalorian trailer just dropped that looks to be really well received too, Rian claims he's still doing his trilogy, many of the Reylos I follow are really into the Resistance show, we're being a bit more levelheaded about the leaks now, hearing nice things about the Fallen Order game about to come out, women are writing the next couple of major SW novels... Wow, SW is really on top of it right now.

@Mila95 Yup, I saw someone say that if you had to choose between a Netflix or SW deal, you pick SW, which means their butts got fired. At least KK is being publicly nicey-nice about it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:29 pm

californiagirl wrote:As GOT went on, and especially those last few episodes, and the first date for their trilogy set, and that awful panel the other day, I'd never seen the people I follow that upset about literally other pop culture thing. It's not just a show or film series, it's really a case study about media and even who gets rewarded in our society as a general rule and not held accountable for being incompetent or more generally bad.

My gosh, the mood has changed, everyone's partying, Ohtze said she's literally crying. Plus the TROS trailer most people seemed to be really encouraged by, the Mandalorian trailer just dropped that looks to be really well received too, Rian claims he's still doing his trilogy, many of the Reylos I follow are really into the Resistance show, we're being a bit more levelheaded about the leaks now, hearing nice things about the Fallen Order game about to come out, women are writing the next couple of major SW novels... Wow, SW is really on top of it right now.

@Mila95 Yup, I saw someone say that if you had to choose between a Netflix or SW deal, you pick SW, which means their butts got fired. At least KK is being publicly nicey-nice about it.
@californiagirl

That thread got so much attention and actual writers were so mad about it. It's really shocking it read actually, the way they admit to their incompetence and privilege and think it's a cute, funny thing. Yeah there's no way they chose Netflix, I don't think it's even just about money, you definitely go with Disney if you can and you don't tell the biggest company in entertainment I just can't fit you in my schedule even tho we already have a commitment cause Netflix lol but LF benefits from not having to say they fired yet another two directors and D&D get to save face with this story.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:49 pm

I can see them being fired just after one serious post-pitch meeting with Kathy and George. Sorry, but they are uneducated mediocre dumbasses with no real passion for filmmaking. You can't fake a passion and a lot of things can be forgiven or overlooked but not this.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 29 Oct 2019, 12:29 am

The responses to this whole thing are lit. "The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice," gifs of Beyonce dancing, and remember Corseque of the many metas?
BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree622

My take is that GOT fell so that SW could live. Unfortunate any property as loved as GOT had to suffer the consequences, but at least we're spared more of it. Like how the all-CGI Tarkin and Leia of RO were poorly received, so IX wouldn't make that mistake.

Imagine the 7 years of discourse we've been spared. Like a weight has been lifted off our collective shoulders.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 29 Oct 2019, 12:53 am

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 29 Oct 2019, 2:06 am

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Tenor
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 29 Oct 2019, 5:30 am

We dodged the bullet! Great news. cheers
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 29 Oct 2019, 5:39 am

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Giphy

I'm still celebrating! After what they did with GOT I was really concerned. Drama averted Jumping
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 29 Oct 2019, 6:02 am

Oh the good news to start the day! bounce
I was telling this just yesterday,
Someone did several videos on youtube analysing their scripts of GOT since season 5 when some people found that the serie was becoming strange. (The objective was to prevent them to work on any GOT prequels, so yeah! cheers, and then it was announced that they will work on SW Mad.)
Each day I wish to learned that they had been fired like Trevorrow or Lord and Miller. My only hope is KK because I know she would have them on a leash and they won't have the power they had on GOT.

But I'm still angry that they rushed the end of GOT to do SW, and in the end it was for nothing.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:39 pm

https://variety.com/2019/film/features/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-david-benioff-db-weiss-1203388611/

The way this is written sometimes sounds like a whiny dudebro site, I expected better from Variety. There's no acknowledgment that that much of the fandom celebrated D&D leaving, no mention of the horrible thread about their talk, or what they did wrong with GOT and didn't learn from. The writer claims this is another sign that no one is allowed creative freedom or risk-taking anymore, and KK is basically a dictator. Or maybe they were, you know, bad, and kind of an affront to the craft, let alone worthy of a SW trilogy. Like Colin is sometimes. Come on guys.

Still, a few things from here: The trilogy was going to explore the origins of the Jedi. I do NOT trust these two with that. I remember Rian saying he was working closely with them and his own trilogy, which raised so many questions. Also, KK isn't leaving LF, just in case people needed reminding again.

There's also a rumor that a Variety reporter claimed D&D had been removed in May, shortly after the GOT finale.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 13 Nov 2019, 9:44 am

https://variety.com/2019/biz/entertainment-industry/variety-keynote-speaker-alan-horn-1203403033/

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree646
BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree645

Alan Horn has never quite fully understood public upheavals, but I kind of admire how easily they're publicly shrugging all of this off.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3