Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy

+32
SheLitAFire
reylodownlo
BB-Rey
Night Huntress
Kessel
Piper Maru
Rogue Rey
motherofpearl1
vaderito
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
guardienne
panki
Irina de France
MissG
Search Your Feelings
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
MeadowofAshes
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
Darth Dementor
ZenBrainJam
Saracene
EchoBase
Forsythia
Xylo Ren
Kylo Ren
Armadeus
CienaRee
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy - Page 4 Empty Re: General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy

Post by DeeBee Fri 16 Mar 2018, 10:58 pm

I love that this chosen one discussion has come up again @Dar-ren19 ! It is one that causes lots of confusion..

I find using Mortis to understand anything leads to more confusion at this point for me. lol. I currently think Mortis needs to be interpreted based on other knowledge - not the other way around.. I'm sure it tells part of the story, it is very important, super interesting and it did seem to clearly confirm Anakin was the chosen one.. but I'm not sure if we are to take the whole story literally..  I guess I am a bit hesitant to interpret Mortis based on Mortis. lol I hope I'm making sense. quite possibly not Wink I like to preface any discussion of balance and the force with - I'm not an expert, and this story is still unfolding.. lol.. but I do love it! Laughing

@SheLitAFire and @BB-Rey great discussion!
It is all quite vague at times!
Especially if in IX we now find that there is no balance - so does that mean Anakin was not the chosen one and there was no balance?
Here's how I'm currently seeing it: I think the trick here is that balance is not a one and done task - balance needs to be brought about periodically by the will of the force, seemingly dependent on the events that take place in the galaxy - which can speed up or slow down the need for the intervention of the cosmic force in bringing balance. It seems to me with the birth of Rey and Kylo/Ben the force has had it up to here and really wants balance settled for at least a millenia. Rofl. Laughing

At this point I think it's confirmed Anakin was the chosen one - but that doesn't mean there won't be more 'chosen ones' in future.
I think this entry in the starwars databank sums things up after Anakin the chosen one had fulfilled the prophecy well:
General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy - Page 4 3fgs10

We had a millenia of the jedi order and in hiding sith - In the PT - we get the re-emergence of the Sith. We had the prophecy of the chosen one. I haven't read the pre- PT comics yet, I think that is the only canon source of pre-PT info at this time?
But I'm thinking the sith had been in hiding.. and with the rise of Darth Sidious, the darkness grew - and so the chosen one was born- Anakin.
I find it curious that a millenia of just the thriving jedi order and some simmering sith seems to have been balanced enough for the cosmic force to not intervene.. we know so little about this, but at this point I'm not sure what to make of it. It may be what @BB-Rey suggests is the key here – that at a certain point along the way the Jedi had lost their way. Good thinking BB-Rey!
So maybe the darkness grew, and the Jedi lost their way at the same time = lack of balance and time for the chosen one to be born?
I think based on how IX ends we may get some more answers - anyone else able to speak to this?

The prophecy of the chosen one was correct – in that Anakin was correctly identified as the chosen one. However, the fulfilling of the prophecy did not unfold as the Jedi had thought.. I think this plays into the Jedi’s falling into hubris and arrogance that Luke spoke of in TLJ. They thought they had it all figured out. The force showed them! Haaaaa.. Very Happy
Vader did bring balance to the force, he did destroy the Sith - and it seems based on IX, it didn't last for long! lol.
This then heads into a discussion of events between ROTJ and TFA which I think is maybe not be appropriate for a thread about the PT?? but - it all fits together doesn't it.. and the PT is informed by what we learn in the OT and the ST. So it's all interwoven! I guess lol.

@SheLitAFire – go on!! Watch the prequels! I was just commenting in the reverse anidala thread yesterday that I want to watch them again now – with reylo in mind, I think it will increase my enjoyment of Anidala and help me to view it as less black and white!

@Starliteprism – your new sig is AWESOME!!!!!! I love it!!!! I can just stare at that for ages! Claps
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy - Page 4 Empty Re: General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy

Post by BB-Rey Fri 16 Mar 2018, 11:34 pm

@DeeBee

You make a lot of great points, DeeBee!

You remind me of a thought I had at one time and that is that the Father on Mortis was originally a Jedi much like Anakin as it was an ancient distress call that brought Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan to Mortis and it was him and his Daughter and Son that became the keepers of the Balance until a new emerging threat came to be. The Sith. And today it's the Knights of Ren and First Order. So the Force works in a recycling way and becomes out of Balance again with those who try to disrupt it. I quite like this and also remember the visual dictionary says the Prophecy foretold the end of the Sith but also never promised the end of the Dark Side. This could mean Anakin becoming Darth Vader was only a short term fix and it's now up to Rey and Kylo to fulfill unity to achieve the full scope of what Anakin was meant to do. The Force afterall works in mysterious ways.

The PT is well worth another viewing with all that's transpired in TLJ. I quite enjoyed Padme and Anakin's love story more with what we have with Rey and Kylo the last time I watched. Sure it's not perfect still in AOTC but the movie is made better by things addressed in TLJ. I welcome this fully and hope come Episode IX we will be able to see a trilogy of trilogies of I-IX and a full circle. I've never really had any problems with TPM (apart from potty moments.) and ROTS (apart from Padme's storyline.) So, I can't say how these have changed much with post-TLJ. I think I'll join in watching them when my copy of TLJ comes and the OT too for that matter. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 17 Mar 2018, 7:08 am

DeeBee wrote:I love that this chosen one discussion has come up again @Dar-ren19 ! It is one that causes lots of confusion..

I find using Mortis to understand anything leads to more confusion at this point for me. lol. I currently think Mortis needs to be interpreted based on other knowledge - not the other way around.. I'm sure it tells part of the story, it is very important, super interesting and it did seem to clearly confirm Anakin was the chosen one.. but I'm not sure if we are to take the whole story literally..  I guess I am a bit hesitant to interpret Mortis based on Mortis. lol I hope I'm making sense. quite possibly not Wink I like to preface any discussion of balance and the force with - I'm not an expert, and this story is still unfolding.. lol.. but I do love it! Laughing

@SheLitAFire and @BB-Rey great discussion!
It is all quite vague at times!
Especially if in IX we now find that there is no balance - so does that mean Anakin was not the chosen one and there was no balance?
Here's how I'm currently seeing it: I think the trick here is that balance is not a one and done task - balance needs to be brought about periodically by the will of the force, seemingly dependent on the events that take place in the galaxy - which can speed up or slow down the need for the intervention of the cosmic force in bringing balance. It seems to me with the birth of Rey and Kylo/Ben the force has had it up to here and really wants balance settled for at least a millenia. Rofl. Laughing

At this point I think it's confirmed Anakin was the chosen one - but that doesn't mean there won't be more 'chosen ones' in future.
I think this entry in the starwars databank sums things up after Anakin the chosen one had fulfilled the prophecy well:
General Discussion: The Prequel Trilogy - Page 4 3fgs10

We had a millenia of the jedi order and in hiding sith - In the PT - we get the re-emergence of the Sith. We had the prophecy of the chosen one. I haven't read the pre- PT comics yet, I think that is the only canon source of pre-PT info at this time?
But I'm thinking the sith had been in hiding.. and with the rise of Darth Sidious, the darkness grew - and so the chosen one was born- Anakin.
I find it curious that a millenia of just the thriving jedi order and some simmering sith seems to have been balanced enough for the cosmic force to not intervene.. we know so little about this, but at this point I'm not sure what to make of it. It may be what @BB-Rey suggests is the key here – that at a certain point along the way the Jedi had lost their way. Good thinking BB-Rey!
So maybe the darkness grew, and the Jedi lost their way at the same time = lack of balance and time for the chosen one to be born?
I think based on how IX ends we may get some more answers - anyone else able to speak to this?

The prophecy of the chosen one was correct – in that Anakin was correctly identified as the chosen one. However, the fulfilling of the prophecy did not unfold as the Jedi had thought.. I think this plays into the Jedi’s falling into hubris and arrogance that Luke spoke of in TLJ. They thought they had it all figured out. The force showed them! Haaaaa.. Very Happy
Vader did bring balance to the force, he did destroy the Sith - and it seems based on IX, it didn't last for long! lol.
This then heads into a discussion of events between ROTJ and TFA which I think is maybe not be appropriate for a thread about the PT?? but - it all fits together doesn't it.. and the PT is informed by what we learn in the OT and the ST. So it's all interwoven! I guess lol.

@SheLitAFire – go on!! Watch the prequels! I was just commenting in the reverse anidala thread yesterday that I want to watch them again now – with reylo in mind, I think it will increase my enjoyment of Anidala and help me to view it as less black and white!

@Starliteprism – your new sig is AWESOME!!!!!! I love it!!!! I can just stare at that for ages! Claps
@DeeBee

Haha...Yea, also not an expert, always the student, but Star wars does throw us a lot of material to chew over, indeed!

And thanks for that! I like the sig as it is uber hypnotic! It seems like Kylo is the first to react and kinda hints Rey to look over, as she gulps, so girl was well in deep there! ;-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 17 Mar 2018, 9:56 am

@DeeBee

I've seen the prequels lol just not any sw tv shows
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 15 Apr 2018, 1:33 am

All right this fan made movie is so good I'm going to pretend this is canon.

Plus we know so little of Darth Mail's past, there's nothing saying this couldn't have happened.  Twisted Evil
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 11 Jun 2018, 7:19 am

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:36 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4