Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SanghaRen Sat 20 Apr 2019, 2:36 pm

MaddieDove wrote:Yes, they are great professionals. Respect.
Certain grumpy grandpa could learn something.
@MaddieDove

Well, I’d add a couple of other people... The SW fan in me is growing a bit tired of the lack of enthusiasm shown by some of the cast. If you didn’t want to be in it, please, say so and don’t forget to return part of your paycheck. At this point, I really don’t think it has to do with keeping secrets but with attitudes towards the franchise itself. The pattern was already there for TLJ, but RJ’s “boyish” energy compensated.

Now it’s really bugging me and altering my love for the movies. I have to honestly say that, even though I love the teaser, I am not even looking forward to TROS anymore because all I see now are excited newcomers who are happy to be in a SW movie, which is great, and others who don’t seem to care at all or are not happy with whatever. Gee, even Hayden Christensen, who was bashed in the past, looks like a happier SW family member than some. As we sarcastically say in French “hide your joy”, people, it’s overwhelming. Might be better if I only read/watch the happy SW family members’ interviews from now on so I can hopefully look forward to TROS again.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Teo oswald Sat 20 Apr 2019, 3:10 pm

Daisy: Bendemption? Maybe we explore it in the film!

John: I know what the fans want…They want to see the dynamic between Rey and Kylo!

JJ: The Light and the Dark…facing the ultimate Evil together.

Me: Y'all hella are more specific!!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 20 Apr 2019, 4:32 pm

Who looks unexcited? Mark of course, but he doesn't appear to be an active part of the marketing campaign, partly for that very reason. John's never been happier, and Oscar and Kelly both seem perfectly fine.

Daisy seems confident in the film, but just weary of being asked the same one of two questions that hinge Rey's entire character on her parents or whichever potential love interest, and she can't give details on either.  She's been visibly tired of this train of thought for literally years. Remember when she surprised at the obsession with Rey's parents when TFA came out? https://www.timeout.com/london/blog/who-are-reys-parents-the-answer-is-in-the-force-awakens-reckons-star-wars-star-daisy-ridley-120516

'I thought a lot was answered in "The Force Awakens",' she said. 'Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!'

Other actors get asked about their actual characters. Even Oscar gets more questions about Poe's experiences and inner development than Rey does! And people keep shipping ReyPoe. I'd be annoyed too.

Making a movie is completely different than promoting said movie, and that's never more true than with SW. We know Adam and Daisy love their characters and making the ST, they just kind of hate the press around it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 20 Apr 2019, 8:25 pm

When it comes to press, they have five people involved with the ST who have a track record of being funny and smart without giving anything away, Carrie (RIP the MVP), Gwendolyn Christie, Richard E. Grant, Lawrence Kasdan, and Rian Johnson. Unfortunately, none of them were there last weekend. Carrie's loss was the single best person they ever had for being the public face of the franchise. As of right now, nobody can really say anything to give away the plot/spoilers because the movie won't be out until the end of the year. So instead we get human interest stories about Chewies baby, which he seems like a lovely person and his kid is sweet, but that's boring as Hell. Only three comments total (which is a bad ratio) that were worth paying attention to from last weekend, 1) JJ's public declaration of love for KMT and thanking Rian for finding her 2) Oscar saying that Poe would be most qualified to be an Uber drive and 3) Billy Dee Williams "did anybody die?" line about people giving him crap about Lando.   Really that's about the extent of it and the rest is just not worth paying attention to.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 20 Apr 2019, 8:58 pm

In terms of worthy recent information about TROS, I'd add John's comment about the audience wanting to see the Rey-Kylo dynamic, saying that JJ was on the same page as them, and people cheering. And the recent one I put up from USA Today about the Rey-Finn friendship not being perfectly hunky dory and they learn to work out their clashes. Maybe the bit about Poe's past taking his sheen off. It's so early on, I'm a little surprised we got even that.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:12 pm

I hope I'm proven wrong, but the whole thing about Poe's past sounds like something that could feel contrived coming so late into the story, when we should have a fairly good sense of who are heroes are. There's peeling the layers, and there's "we never had any clear idea about who this character is, so every new director just throws in his own stuff". Poe's problem with authority in TLJ sorta came out of nowhere after TFA, and now he has some troubled past? You can do this sort of thing in TV, but the films, especially a planned trilogy, are supposed to build up to something. I also did a double-take when Oscar Isaac recently described Poe as "lone wolf"? Um really? Out of all descriptions for Poe, "lone wolf" honestly never came to my mind.

Maybe they're doing this with Poe because Finn is likely to be an uncomplicated hero who's brave and kicks a**, and Rey is, well, Rey, so at least one of the heroes has to have *some* morally ambiguous stuff to deal with?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 21 Apr 2019, 1:17 am

Oscar also said in an interview that his scenes with Laura Dern were like a John Cassavetes film, which I'm still trying to figure out. Poe the Uber Driver OTOH, that works because he'd be the weirdo who doesn't stop talking and insists that he knows a shortcut to get your destination but gets lost instead.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 21 Apr 2019, 1:30 am

I wonder if Poe is going to show a 'darker' side to his personality regarding his attitude to Kylo?
When the Force bond between Rey and Ben is discovered......and I'm pretty sure it WILL be discovered..... Kylo isn't the only on who'll be in hot water, so to speak. Hux wil look for any weakness in the new SL he can use to turn the FO against him - remember that treacherous look at the end of TLJ?
Meanwhile......what happens when Rey's friends discover her 'bond' with Kylo? Finn is a nice guy. And he loves Rey as a sister. He'll be shocked, but in all likelihood come around. Poe, however, is a different kettle of fish. He hates Kylo. And we have already seen the signs of Poe being an ambiguous character in TLJ. Let's not forget he little speech about burning the FO to the ground - it was the opposite of Holdo's speech about igniting hope.
Poe won't go full on 'bad guy' of course - Oscar is far too likeable! But I can see a scenario where Kylo approaches them for an alliance and Poe won't have it.
I wonder if Kylo's 'bruises' are Poe's handiwork? It would be an interesting role reversal from TFA.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 21 Apr 2019, 4:53 am

guys do you notice something ? ahah

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Tumblr_pq241hUjPA1r5s255_400

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Tumblr_pq241hnnvc1r5s255_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 21 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

I think I saw some leak that indicated SW would be at Comic Con for TROS/Mandalorian. It's just a month before D23, so maybe D23 won't be as big a thing this time out. That would be nice, the first of the ST, the first anthology film, the last of the ST, and the first live action SW show all got to go to SDCC. Go out with a bang.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 21 Apr 2019, 10:43 am

I look foward !!!
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Tumblr_ppzrb8SWCp1wlbfipo2_400

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Tumblr_ppzrb8SWCp1wlbfipo1_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 21 Apr 2019, 10:51 am

Saracene wrote:I hope I'm proven wrong, but the whole thing about Poe's past sounds like something that could feel contrived coming so late into the story, when we should have a fairly good sense of who are heroes are. There's peeling the layers, and there's "we never had any clear idea about who this character is, so every new director just throws in his own stuff". Poe's problem with authority in TLJ sorta came out of nowhere after TFA, and now he has some troubled past? You can do this sort of thing in TV, but the films, especially a planned trilogy, are supposed to build up to something. I also did a double-take when Oscar Isaac recently described Poe as "lone wolf"? Um really? Out of all descriptions for Poe, "lone wolf" honestly never came to my mind.

Maybe they're doing this with Poe because Finn is likely to be an uncomplicated hero who's brave and kicks a**, and Rey is, well, Rey, so at least one of the heroes has to have *some* morally ambiguous stuff to deal with?
@Saracene

I think the issue with authority thing could be explained away by him only having issues when they tell him not to act, which is in contradiction to his personality. If authorities tell him to do what he wants to do anyway, he’s very compliant. In TFA, he was constantly being put into action— meeting Lor San Tekka, leading the Resistance at Takodana, leading them at Starkiller Base. I don’t remember anyone telling him to hold back. When they did in TLJ, his rebel tendencies came to the forefront. I don’t know— just a thought.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 24 Apr 2019, 9:52 pm

Complete interview of the Cast with Paula Farris, finally we get to watch Daisy say that Rey & Kylo's relationship will be explored in greater depth... Very Happy

Here is the link from MSN:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/t/one-on-one-with-the-cast-of-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/vp-BBW0PGe
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 25 Apr 2019, 1:09 am

Hi guys, I am not confident I'm up on spoilers I haven't been reading the reylo ones lately..
Thought I'd pass this on in case it is relevant. Just did a recap of the Galaxy's edge (1 of 5) comic.
We heard of red storm troopers in spoilers at one point.. but did we get any more info on that?
In Galaxy's edge it looks like they finally are covered in canon - and it looks like they are not actually red. The group of stormtroopers is called 'The Red Fury' and they are white. [see HERE the frames in this comic]. I may have misunderstood.. maybe there are other red storm troopers headed our way?
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 25 Apr 2019, 4:02 am

Moved my post to takodana woods - sorry Neutral ( wrong thread )
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 25 Apr 2019, 8:29 am

ABC News interviewed the cast of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and at one point, reporter Paula Faris asked Daisy Ridley about Rey and Kylo Ren:ABC News interviewed the cast of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and at one point, reporter Paula Faris asked Daisy Ridley about Rey and Kylo Ren:

So Daisy, you know, J.J. Abrams is back. Were you surprised by where he took your storyline with Kylo?

Daisy: Yes and no. I was surprised, because I had a meeting with J.J. like before the script had sort of become what it was, even though it was still moving pieces when we were filming—so I heard that and then I heard something different, and it was all sort of developing as we went. So I was surprised. But it felt, for me, very satisfying.

Like, in general, I think all the emotional stuff, like the whole film—it just felt really satisfying. Everything felt right. And J.J. is so open to everything that if you have a thought about something, you have a conversation, and you try other stuff.

Where do things stand between the two of you [Rey and Kylo] in IX, The Rise of Skywalker?

Daisy: The Rise of Skywalker. Um… Ah… [smiles] That will be revealed, I guess…

It will be satisfying?

Daisy: Yeah, it’s you know, it’s not like everything is hunky-dory and so there’s contention there, but it is explored in greater depth.

Oh it’s explored? In depth?

Daisy: [nods] In greater depth.

ohohohoho Smile Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 25 Apr 2019, 5:39 pm

californiagirl wrote:Who looks unexcited? Mark of course, but he doesn't appear to be an active part of the marketing campaign, partly for that very reason. John's never been happier, and Oscar and Kelly both seem perfectly fine.

Daisy seems confident in the film, but just weary of being asked the same one of two questions that hinge Rey's entire character on her parents or whichever potential love interest, and she can't give details on either.  She's been visibly tired of this train of thought for literally years. Remember when she surprised at the obsession with Rey's parents when TFA came out? https://www.timeout.com/london/blog/who-are-reys-parents-the-answer-is-in-the-force-awakens-reckons-star-wars-star-daisy-ridley-120516

'I thought a lot was answered in "The Force Awakens",' she said. 'Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!'

Other actors get asked about their actual characters. Even Oscar gets more questions about Poe's experiences and inner development than Rey does! And people keep shipping ReyPoe. I'd be annoyed too.

Making a movie is completely different than promoting said movie, and that's never more true than with SW. We know Adam and Daisy love their characters and making the ST, they just kind of hate the press around it.
@californiagirl

"Other actors get asked about their actual characters."

This is probably because Poe has no relevant secret about his character. Nobody cares who is his father. Nobody cares if he is married or not.

I'm no trying to be bitter or mean, but these actors were cast to Star Wars, a billionaire franchise, not Hamlet. What kinda of questions were they expecting? It's a movie for GA, for kids, of course they will want to know about the shallow secrets the film-makers themselves keep selling to audience: who is daughter of who, who is the big villain, who will kiss who, if this character will be redeemed or not. lol

I don't know if they were naive or if they were expecting another thing, but everybody knows how this industry works.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 25 Apr 2019, 7:06 pm

I was thinking, say, what does Rey want? What are her goals/motivations? Where is she mentally? How has her character progressed since TFA? Obviously the answers could be vague, and not give away the ending, but still give a sense of where she is at the beginning of TROS so we know where this character stands going in. Asking Daisy her personal opinions isn't relevant, so I hope people learn from recent events.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 30 Apr 2019, 8:49 pm

I'm just going to leave this here.
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Q0QaTWD
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 01 Jul 2019, 4:34 pm

So snippets of Daisy Ridley interview courtesy of sleemo on Twitter ( from USA today ):
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 3ae9ef10
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 C5950d10

So upside down scene for Rey? Could this be the rumoured zero gravity scene ? Also TROS felt like kids going on adventure ?All of Star Wars feels like that to me lol! It could be suggesting though an Indiana Jones vibe to this film ( if there’s relic hunting for instance ).

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 01 Jul 2019, 7:18 pm

There's another interview (it's audio so here's the link): https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1145841802685177856
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 02 Jul 2019, 3:34 am

Moonlight13 wrote:There's another interview (it's audio so here's the link): https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1145841802685177856
@Moonlight13

Is there a direct link to the interview?  When I click the Twitter link it says the tweets are protected. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 02 Jul 2019, 4:25 am

@Kyla Ren
This is what I got when I clicked on link . The whole interview is on Spotify:
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 C185e710
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 5beae210
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 E0017910
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 81dd3110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 02 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

@AhsokaTano

Thanks for the Spotify info. Smile  I also just found another link in case anyone needs it:

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/happysadconfused?selected=PPY8293777038
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:33 am

AhsokaTano wrote:So snippets of Daisy Ridley interview courtesy of sleemo on Twitter ( from USA today ):
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 3ae9ef10
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 C5950d10

So upside down scene for Rey? Could this be the rumoured zero gravity scene ? Also TROS felt like kids going on adventure ?All of Star Wars feels like that to me lol! It could be suggesting though an Indiana Jones vibe to this film ( if there’s relic hunting for instance ).
@AhsokaTano

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 Lion-king-simba-timon-pumbaa
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 8 E2d409fb5fef170fb596925510ca5b73
They will fall in love and here's the bottom line our trio's down to two Laughing

And if she falls in love tonight
It can be assumed
Her carefree days with us are history
In short, our pal is doomed

@AhsokaTano

Thanks for the snippets
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next