Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:46 pm

Whoops, wrong thread.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:56 pm

californiagirl wrote:There's so much emphasis on Rey's lineage and not Rey. She must have an important lineage, or there's nothing else going on there, and what is she even doing here. That's the crux of most of the parentage discussions I see. I have yet to see you say much about Rey beyond her ancestors. Calling her Rey Trash Nobody at every opportunity, even as jest, and insisting her powers must derive from said lineage doesn't exactly instill confidence that you feel she has any purpose, quality, explanation, or reason to be here if there isn't a desired last name. The fact you wanted me to go to the effort of sifting through dozens of posts about what is generally your main line of thought about Rey, to find evidence, isn't really called for. Though to be honest, because you and Gemini are always supportive of and building off each other's posts, creating a lot of overlap, I think I sometimes confuse the two of you, my bad. But here's a bit from two days ago.

Rey has nothing.. nada.. she is nothing and has no place in the story so far.. beyond Reylo and Bendemption... we have no explanation for her being so strong in the force

I thought you said only Kylo said this. At this point, I also wonder if her role in Bendemption is mostly done and the onus is more on Kylo, and maybe even him helping her out.

At this late point, beyond something simple like they were stranded post-Battle of Jakku and that's how they became scavengers in the postwar period when Rey was born, I don't know how it would actually help, or fit into the ST. Like Daisy has said, she doesn't have to be molded by her parents, and wants Rey's legacy to be that one can choose their family. Side note, that makes the Skywalker name thing even stranger, since there would be no Skywalkers left to choose!
@californiagirl

No the emphasis is on Reylo and Bendemption and not Rey. So Rey has a hashtag beyond Reylo and Bendemption? Her parents are shadows.. nothing.. we have no explanation for her being strong in the force
Be correct.. Rey Trash Nobody Palpatine Skywalker is my real moniker for Rey..... Is Rey her name? Rey is still looking for her place in the story..

I am a saga stan first. I am interested in what is Rey's mythical meaning to the saga and that has always been the Skywalker family.. the problem is that Ben fans see Rey as an instrument to save Ben solo when Rey Nobody has no reason or investment in the Skywalkers.

beyond Kylo's naked chest

I want to know more about Rey.. who is she, what does she want and why, Rey is right NO ONE KNOWS HER... .
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 2:03 pm

@spacebaby45678 There's just no discussion or acknowledgment of anything beyond Kylo, even if those are our favorite parts, or her parents. I'm not sure if she's going to save him, or if on some level she kind of already has. You want more from her, but ignore what's already there and attach it to the parents so much instead. JJ has been ultra-insisting on the saga, LF has officially branded the Skywalker Saga this year as well, I think they know and understand the importance as well. Not that there's a prophecy like Anakin, but if Rey and Kylo are like the chosen two instead of the chosen one. People shouldn't have to save the world or live their lives alone, even Vader didn't do it without Luke.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 3:13 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:There's so much emphasis on Rey's lineage and not Rey. She must have an important lineage, or there's nothing else going on there, and what is she even doing here. That's the crux of most of the parentage discussions I see. I have yet to see you say much about Rey beyond her ancestors. Calling her Rey Trash Nobody at every opportunity, even as jest, and insisting her powers must derive from said lineage doesn't exactly instill confidence that you feel she has any purpose, quality, explanation, or reason to be here if there isn't a desired last name. The fact you wanted me to go to the effort of sifting through dozens of posts about what is generally your main line of thought about Rey, to find evidence, isn't really called for. Though to be honest, because you and Gemini are always supportive of and building off each other's posts, creating a lot of overlap, I think I sometimes confuse the two of you, my bad. But here's a bit from two days ago.

Rey has nothing.. nada.. she is nothing and has no place in the story so far.. beyond Reylo and Bendemption... we have no explanation for her being so strong in the force

I thought you said only Kylo said this. At this point, I also wonder if her role in Bendemption is mostly done and the onus is more on Kylo, and maybe even him helping her out.

At this late point, beyond something simple like they were stranded post-Battle of Jakku and that's how they became scavengers in the postwar period when Rey was born, I don't know how it would actually help, or fit into the ST. Like Daisy has said, she doesn't have to be molded by her parents, and wants Rey's legacy to be that one can choose their family. Side note, that makes the Skywalker name thing even stranger, since there would be no Skywalkers left to choose!
@californiagirl

No the emphasis is on Reylo and Bendemption and not Rey. So Rey has a hashtag beyond Reylo and Bendemption? Her parents are shadows.. nothing.. we have no explanation for her being strong in the force
Be correct.. Rey Trash Nobody Palpatine Skywalker is my real moniker for Rey..... Is Rey her name? Rey is still looking for her place in the story..

I am a saga stan first. I am interested in what is Rey's mythical meaning to the saga and that has always been the Skywalker family.. the problem is that Ben fans see Rey as an instrument to save Ben solo when Rey Nobody has no reason or investment in the Skywalkers.

I want to know more about Rey.. who is she, what does she want and why,  Rey is right NO ONE KNOWS HER... .
@spacebaby45678

Agree. What frustrated me the most about TLJ is that I watched the longest SW movie ancd came out of the theaters with an impression of emptiness. Aside from pointing the depth of the Reylo connection, all key questions were deferred as if they were embarassed to give an answer. Rey asks Kylo why he killed his father, we didn't get any straight answer. Rey asks Luke why the Jedi should end, no answer from him: we don't even know why he and Yoda think that the new generation doesn't need old Jedi code. Kylo asks Rey to bring him Luke to him then spend the entire movie on his ship with no other arc than having little talks with her. We learn few what is exactly his past, his motivations and political beliefs. We learnt nothing about the Knights of Ren who were introduced in Rey's vision. We learnt nothing about Snoke who was killed like he was embarassing for the plot. As for Rey, we learn nothing about her own past, her beliefs, her motivations aside from searching her place. Most important things remain too subtle to give a clear direction. Regarding Rey, I think the two decisive moments about the question "who are you?" are in these two scenes (aside from the "revelation" scene with Kylo)

1) Did Luke recognized something particular during her solo training that gave him an indication about how she fits in that story?

2) Why did the mirror show her a shadow - and then her own reflection - although she specifically asked to see her parents ?

I see a lot of people complaining in the comment section how useless this scene is. Personally, I tend to believe that it's the moment Luke began to suspect something without being sure. Obviously, they will be reunited on Ahch-To, he will maybe play some part in her coming to term with her identity and then he will probably tell her this line: "a thousand of generation live in you now but this is your fight":

It doesn't seem like Snoke knew who Rey is but I find interesting that the TLJ trailer made it sound like he knew:

Snoke to Kylo: "When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power"

"And beyond that..."
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Captur85
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Captur90

"something truly special"
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Captur87
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Captur88

Rey to Luke: "Something inside me has always been. Then I was awake and I need help"
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 3:39 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@californiagirl

I want to know more about Rey.. who is she, what does she want and why,  Rey is right NO ONE KNOWS HER... .
@spacebaby45678

Agree. What frustrated me the most about TLJ is that I watched the longest SW movie ancd came out of the theaters with an impression of emptiness. Aside from pointing the depth of the Reylo connection, all key questions were deferred as if they were embarassed to give an answer. Rey asks Kylo why he killed his father, we didn't get any straight answer. Rey asks Luke why the Jedi should end, no answer from him: we don't even know why he and Yoda think that the new generation doesn't need old Jedi code. Kylo asks Rey to bring him Luke to him then spend the entire movie on his ship with no other arc than having little talks with her. We learn few what is exactly his past, his motivations and political beliefs. We learnt nothing about the Knights of Ren who were introduced in Rey's vision. We learnt nothing about Snoke who was killed like he was embarassing for the plot. As for Rey, we learn nothing about her own past, her beliefs, her motivations aside from searching her place. Most important things remain too subtle to give a clear direction. Regarding Rey, I think the two decisive moments about the question "who are you?" are in these two scenes (aside from the "revelation" scene with Kylo)

1) Did Luke recognized something particular during her solo training that gave him an indication about how she fits in that story?

2) Why did the mirror show her a shadow - and then her own reflection - although she specifically asked to see her parents ?

I see a lot of people complaining in the comment section how useless this scene is. Personally, I tend to believe that it's the moment Luke began to suspect something without being sure. Obviously, they will be reunited on Ahch-To, he will maybe play some part in her coming to term with her identity and then he will probably tell her this line: "a thousand of generation live in you now but this is your fight":

I'm curious to know what they meant with the line "Don't be afraid of who you are" in some promo material. That seems pretty close of the TFA line "Don't be afraid" delivered by Kylo.
@reylo1992

reylo1992 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@californiagirl

@spacebaby45678

Agree. What frustrated me the most about TLJ is that I watched the longest SW movie and came out of the theaters with an impression of emptiness. Aside from pointing the depth of the Reylo connection, all key questions were deferred as if they were embarrassed to give an answer. Rey asks Kylo why he killed his father, we didn't get any straight answer. Rey asks Luke why the Jedi should end, no answer from him: we don't even know why he and Yoda think that the new generation doesn't need old Jedi code. Kylo asks Rey to bring him Luke to him then spend the entire movie on his ship with no other arc than having little talks with her. We learn few what is exactly his past, his motivations and political beliefs. We learnt nothing about the Knights of Ren who were introduced in Rey's vision. We learnt nothing about Snoke who was killed like he was embarassing for the plot. As for Rey, we learn nothing about her own past, her beliefs, her motivations aside from searching her place. Most important things remain too subtle to give a clear direction. Regarding Rey, I think the two decisive moments about the question "who are you?" are in these two scenes (aside from the "revelation" scene with Kylo)

I'm curious to know what they meant with the line "Don't be afraid of who you are" in some promo material. That seems pretty close of the TFA line "Don't be afraid" delivered by Kylo.
@reylo1992

I agree with all the highlighted above... and All key questions, whether people want to hear about it or not rests on Rey's identity be it with or without lineage. The protagonist HOLDS YOUR STORY. The protagonist holds the lesson, the mythos.... How are we supposed to know what the ST is about if Rey blatantly says NO ONE KNOWS HER... she is talking to the audience in a META way..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm

@spacebaby45678 That's the main issue: everything is too subtle to be perceived by the GA when you don't have SW culture or you don't care about digging into these things.

I have met a several people who didn't even caught the romantic/sexual subtext of the Reylo interactions although it's definitely there. And it's true that when I rewatched TFA and tried not to put myself in the shoes of a random viewer, I understood why. They have very few interactions and they don't appear romantic if you don't look into it. Personally, if I hadn't been taken aback by Adam's "Prince" style during the unmasking scene, not sure I would have thought about romantic Reylo. The bridal carry moment didn't appear as particularly romantic since I didn't imagine Kylo carry Rey like a bag.

Aside from that, I am persuaded that the mirror didn't answer Rey's question because she didn't ask the right question (that was asked by Luke at the beginning of the movie) and she doesn't have any idea about the answer: "who are you?" Based on that line "Don't be afraid of you are", I guess that the real stake for her in TROS will be to ask herself that question and face the answer, whatever it means regarding the Lion King line: "a thousand generations live in you now but this is your fight".
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 4:12 pm

reylo1992 wrote:@spacebaby45678 That's the main issue: everything is too subtle to be perceived by the GA when you don't have SW culture or you don't care about digging into these things.

I have met a several people who didn't even caught the romantic/sexual subtext of the Reylo interactions although it's definitely there. And it's true that when I rewatched TFA and tried not to put myself in the shoes of a random viewer, I understood why. They have very few interactions and they don't appear romantic if you don't look into it. Personally, if I hadn't been taken aback by Adam's "Prince" style during the unmasking scene, not sure I would have thought about romantic Reylo. The bridal carry moment didn't appear as particularly romantic since I didn't imagine Kylo carry Rey like a bag.

Aside from that, I am persuaded that the mirror didn't answer Rey's question because she didn't ask the right question (that was asked by Luke at the beginning of the movie) and she doesn't have any idea about the answer: "who are you?" Based on that line "Don't be afraid of you are", I guess that the real stake for her in TROS will be to ask herself that question and face the answer, whatever it means regarding the Lion King line: "a thousand generations live in you now but this is your fight".
@reylo1992

Who are you.. don't be afraid of who you are

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Original

A thousand generations live in you now

What is my place...
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 35eab54ff757ef40d96fb2686e7b16d5

All of Rey's questions.. El Rey Leon are answered by The Lion King...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 6:39 pm

reylo1992 wrote:Personally, if I hadn't been taken aback by Adam's "Prince" style during the unmasking scene, not sure I would have thought about romantic Reylo.
@reylo1992

idk if we ever talked about here but Terrio blatantly called Kylo "prince of alderaan" I was like woww this guy is so good! I feel like he'd be down for a reylo discussion group after the movie, with all the lore we've dug up.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 6:44 pm

I think a lot of the woes you both have are going to be addressed on some level, which many people in other places thinks means retcon, though JJ continually shoots that down. They've said there's more to the parents story, and Rey is having a hard time with that reality, which I'm open to, I just think there's only a limited selection of things that could work and not be jarring or intrusive. She's clearly battling a lot of inner demons, and much attention has been paid in the interviews and some trailers to her personal struggles. Remember after TLJ some people though she would be Rey the Jedi kindergarten teacher and have no conflict or moral conflict whatsoever? Good times. This is why I'm confused when she's being given more overt complexity and development and some people (not you) start booing because now she's bad and also taking away Kylo screentime. Like, do you want more development or less, I don't get it.

We're getting the KOR, which I'd kind of hoped for too, though I don't know how much personality/backstory we get there. They might just look cool and do a fight scene or two. When they first showed up in TFA, I thought, oh, they're going to get their own EU comic someday. And ta da, in 10 days we start getting comics with them on the cover. But we'll get something onscreen at least. TLJ heavily implied the half of Luke's student went with Kylo are the KOR, otherwise that's an awfully specific detail with the same number of members with the same character for no reason. I get the KOR predated them, but who says they can't join them? And the fact that Kylo is their supposed master makes me wonder if he and the remaining KOR offed the rest.

Kylo hasn't gotten to actually deal with Han's death, I think we're getting that also. Especially if Harrison comes back. And Kylo generally staggering under the weight of his legacy, Vader, the Jedi code etc., and solving that with methods other than destroying everything. They hinted Snoke will be addressed too, JJ gave a great non-answer when asked about it. What the advertising doesn't say is as, or even more, fascinating than what it does say. I've never thought he was some other character, and I don't think he was wittingly doing Palpatine's wishes, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was inadvertently in the greater scenario somehow. And I'm fairly confident about redemption and explicit Reylo. Now this might create confusion for people who haven't been following along, but then, we can't go back in time.

It seems TROS is trying to link all the movies up, so maybe we get more explanations. I know the spelling everything out methods of the prequels wasn't great, but JJ's been less cryptic this time, says he wants to answer things and not be all mystery box-y.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 6:45 pm

rey09 wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:Personally, if I hadn't been taken aback by Adam's "Prince" style during the unmasking scene, not sure I would have thought about romantic Reylo.
@reylo1992

idk if we ever talked about here but Terrio blatantly called Kylo "prince of alderaan" I was like woww this guy is so good! I feel like he'd be down for a reylo discussion group after the movie, with all the lore we've dug up.
@rey09

Yes, I posted that the other day. I just need all the Terrio takes about all things SW, he is the person we didn't know we needed.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 6:46 pm

californiagirl wrote:
rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992

@rey09

Yes, I posted that the other day. I just need all the Terrio takes about all things SW, he is the person we didn't know we needed.
@californiagirl

Yess the gift we have deserved!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 7:05 pm

rey09 wrote:
californiagirl wrote:
rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992

@rey09

@californiagirl

Yess the gift we have deserved!!
@rey09

So true. His comment made my day. What J.J. said about Adam looking "like a Prince under the mask and it makes no sense", that's exactly how it made me feel in the theaters. I remember feeling moved when Snoke confirmed that he was Han's son. And then, I was taken aback like : "Ugh! This is becoming weird now. Why am I supposed to find that guy attractive? And why do they make HanLeia's son peacocking like that in front of his cousin, the only girl around?"
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Source11
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 08 Dec 2019, 8:46 pm

Hey guys, can we make sure that this thread pertains to the current press tour & interviews (on shows & youtube)? I realize various discussions will spawn from this, but there are a lot of posts here as of late that relate to TLJ and some other thread topics better than here & the point of this thread.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:06 pm

This just in, a Spanish language interview. https://www.eltiempo.com/cultura/cine-y-tv/daisy-ridley-habla-sobre-star-wars-el-ascenso-de-skywalker-441394

Here's a little thread about it with some tidbits. https://twitter.com/byronicmaiden/status/1203875031379587072

Kylo is broken, Rey is lonely, her friendship with Poe is tense (I wanted this so much and wasn't sure I'd get it), and she has to oil D-0 so he doesn't squeak/cry, which initially grosses her out. Interesting mix of stuff. Why are non-English interviews always the more revealing ones.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:14 pm

californiagirl wrote:This just in, a Spanish language interview. https://www.eltiempo.com/cultura/cine-y-tv/daisy-ridley-habla-sobre-star-wars-el-ascenso-de-skywalker-441394

Here's a little thread about it with some tidbits. https://twitter.com/byronicmaiden/status/1203875031379587072

Kylo is broken, Rey is lonely, her friendship with Poe is tense (I wanted this so much and wasn't sure I'd get it), and she has to oil D-0 so he doesn't squeak/cry, which initially grosses her out. Interesting mix of stuff. Why are non-English interviews always the more revealing ones.
@californiagirl

Love this! I was also wanting Poe vs Rey lol. I'm excited for Japan reveals!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 3:32 am

https://www.eltiempo.com/cultura/cine-y-tv/daisy-ridley-habla-sobre-star-wars-el-ascenso-de-skywalker-441394

RELATED: STAR WARS SCIENCE FICTION ACTRESSES FILMS
By: TIME December 7, 2019, 08:00 pm
Episode IX of 'Star Wars', the end of the third trilogy written by George Lucas, arrives on December 19 at the movie theaters in the country. On this occasion, Lucasfilm and director JJ Abrams join forces once again to take viewers on an epic journey to a galaxy far, far away with 'Star Wars: the rise of Skywalker'.

The British actress Daisy Ridley returns as Rey, the young protagonist of this adventure that has waiting for her thousands of followers worldwide. TIME had access to an interview with Ridley, in which he recounts his experience in the trilogy and his preparation for the most challenging scenes.

How do you feel knowing that this movie is the conclusion of the 'Skywalker' saga?

I think it's great and JJ, is the perfect person to make this movie so he is a great 'fan' of 'Star Wars'and his knowledge base is so great that he can connect everything surprisingly. I think it's a very worthy ending. I hope everyone feels the same. The feeling on the set is joyful and I think everyone here feels very good about what we are doing. I hope that is reflected on the screen.

How was your training for this movie?

I started training in January (2018), and it was amazing because we started recording until August. When I started, the importance was in my health and in feeling good. My main concern was that I was not going to run out quickly because it was a massive shoot, and I had been training an extraordinary amount of days. I just wanted to feel good, and obviously look like I had been training for a good time, but, in reality, mine was resistance, health and preparation. Then I started kickboxing. Our specialist coordinator, Eunice Huthart, is amazing, so it was also spectacular to do that part. Then, when I got into acrobatics, I felt ready.

Some of the things I've done are very scary. For example, I had to dive from a ten meter platform. Obviously I had cables, but I also had to dive and stop on a mat. But, because I trusted them so much, I felt I could do things that I never thought I could have done before.

What was the most physically challenging scene you had to do in this movie?

The scene of the fight with Adam Driver was a challenge, but what became more challenging was that they were spraying us with water cannons, and it was November in England, so it was cold. But even so, deep down I knew I could do it. One of the most difficult things was when we were doing the 'speeders' in Jordan. I didn't know what we were doing, so it hadn't warmed up properly. And for what they were a little inclined, it was very hard, so my knees hurt a lot at the end of the day.

Tell us about the costumes ... It

has been lovely in terms of costumes, hair and makeup because they mostly wear earth colors.

The pants they made felt good because they were somewhere between the previous two. Also, the white outfit was amazing. It is so beautiful. In terms of makeup, it practically stayed the same, all natural. For the hair we wanted something that looked a little different, but still had the same silhouette. Then they came up with the 'three bulls', instead of the three knots. It looks a little tougher and the silhouette is very pretty.

How is that camaraderie between Rey, Poe and Finn on the screen and outside it?

It was a lot of fun, because I hadn't worked properly with Oscar Isaac before. In this film, you see Rey and Poe in a slightly tense friendship, which is very funny because that's how friends are. I loved it. And John Boyega is just great. Making a movie with someone you don't get along with should be very difficult. I thank the universe all the time I shared with John, he is an amazing person.

I think everyone did it. When we were in Jordan, I was in the 'speeder' with Joonas (Chewbacca), and he and I had never been alone. So, for a few days, it was just the two of us, and he is very funny. I was also able to work more with Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), which was a lot of fun. I have worked with almost everyone. It was great, very funny.

How was the relationship with Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian in the classic films of the saga)?

Billy Dee brought a lot of joy. He is a very friendly and close man. He showed me photos of his granddaughter and told me that he reminded her of her. I liked that because I felt excited to be with him, as if we had some kind of connection. He is a very familiar man. It's great that he's back.

What do you expect the public to take away from this movie?

If the audience experiences something similar to what we experience doing it, I think they will be very happy. JJ, it's like a fan boy who wants to make a great movie. Everyone is excellent at work and wanted to make it perfect. Everyone is working hard to make this work. I hope the movie is great, and I think it will be very touching. It is very emotional for me at least, and I think it has been for other people. If you eliminate the spatial element, only people will be trying to find out and will face very difficult obstacles to overcome. After all, these are moving stories, small and large, that are interconnected and show how a thing has a cause and an effect that affects the fate of the galaxy. I hope you feel that when you see her.

If the audience experiences something similar to what we experience doing it, I think they will be very happy

Has this experience been emotional for you?

Yes. Someone told me that I have always been very strong. But there have also been many tears. It is very emotional to make the scenes, but for very good reasons. It's like making a movie with people you love. But yes, of course, it has been hard. Some things I had to do were very intense.

Tell us about Rey and the DO droid.

There was a fun moment when Rey had to grease DO because he was screaming. For JJ it was fun because it is obvious that I have never greased anything. Rey had not yet gotten used to DO, so it was sweet to grease him because initially she is as disgusting, and then he sees that she is tender.

How do you define the evolution of Rey?

It is a hard journey that she follows. But I think Rey has been created by everyone in a way that people can understand. You understand this person Kylo in disrepair and you understand this person lonely King. You understand them all.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 3:41 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:@spacebaby45678 That's the main issue: everything is too subtle to be perceived by the GA when you don't have SW culture or you don't care about digging into these things.

@reylo1992

Who are you.. don't be afraid of who you are

A thousand generations live in you now

What is my place...
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 35eab54ff757ef40d96fb2686e7b16d5

All of Rey's questions.. El Rey Leon are answered by The Lion King...
@spacebaby45678

Case rested   Basketball

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 9e5f835dc117c57825ad51ea8f1dedfa163213c7

Ha! I would pay good money to hear DR & JB do this scene..

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/07/daisy-ridley-jj-abrams-star-wars-a-religion
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:04 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:08 am

Sleemo really deserves to go to the premiere. cheers
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Elxc3q10
JJ Abrams wrote:“I would say that the connection that Rey & Kylo Ren have is very unique. It’s a connection within the Force that this film examines closely. It's really the backbone of the film and something I'm looking forward to people seeing.”
Source: https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1204082734148308999
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:18 am

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 ELW3pMUXsAAnttc?format=jpg&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:55 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 ELW3pMUXsAAnttc?format=jpg&name=small
@spacebaby45678

Ugh.. Is John gonna keep complaining about his role in The Last Jedi? Come on now!Rolling Eyes

On the other hand I loved what JJ said about the connection between Kylo & Rey. bounce Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:09 pm

The John Boyega cover story link didn't work for me, so here it is again. https://hypebeast.com/2019/12/john-boyega-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-interview-cover

Was frustrated with TLJ, dealing with people online, not much of a filter with this one! Oh, and he and Mark did have a lot of conversations about their problems with it, which I don't find surprising. John can feel however he wants about his role/movies, but much like with Mark, if on a smaller scale, it's just not a great look for the series/brand that you're trying to sell. It couldn't have waited 2-3 more weeks until it's all over?

He says we don't get to know the three as well as Han/Luke/Leia, which I think is sort of apples and oranges. Like he says, there's much more of a trio thing going on with the originals, and I'm not sure if he's referring getting to know them individually or as a group. Poe wasn't initially conceived of as an actual character, and the OT3 got two trilogies rather than one, with the characters evolving over 30-40 years, which the ST group might never get to do. And the ST is so much an ensemble cast, which diminishes its' trio-ness and reliance on just a few mains even more. But the idea that a trio is necessary or ideal seems rather limiting.

On a more upbeat note, he talks lots about the other projects he's going to act in or produce. He and Daisy both seem to have lots of projects coming up.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:28 pm

californiagirl wrote:The John Boyega cover story link didn't work for me, so here it is again. https://hypebeast.com/2019/12/john-boyega-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-interview-cover

Was frustrated with TLJ, dealing with people online, not much of a filter with this one! Oh, and he and Mark did have a lot of conversations about their problems with it, which I don't find surprising. John can feel however he wants about his role/movies, but much like with Mark, if on a smaller scale, it's just not a great look for the series/brand that you're trying to sell. It couldn't have waited 2-3 more weeks until it's all over?

He says we don't get to know the three as well as Han/Luke/Leia, which I think is sort of apples and oranges. Like he says, there's much more of a trio thing going on with the originals, and I'm not sure if he's referring getting to know them individually or as a group. Poe wasn't initially conceived of as an actual character, and the OT3 got two trilogies rather than one, with the characters evolving over 30-40 years, which the ST group might never get to do. And the ST is so much an ensemble cast, which diminishes its' trio-ness and reliance on just a few mains even more. But the idea that a trio is necessary or ideal seems rather limiting.

On a more upbeat note, he talks lots about the other projects he's going to act in or produce. He and Daisy both seem to have lots of projects coming up.
@californiagirl

This might be an unpopular opinion, but sometimes John does't come across well. A bit conceited, there I said it. Sorry to burst your bubble John but  for now the only star to come out of the sequel trilogy is Adam Driver. Not even Daisy is there yet.

Also the trio thing is BS. In the original trilogy the trio was setup since the first movie. Here, they are just trying to make a story out of it in the last film when it never existed. Plus again, Finn & Poe are not even close to Luke & Han.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:32 pm

Better to not paraphase.. and leave it in his own words..

“Playing Finn has been a journey,” Boyega tells HYPEBEAST. “Definitely at times, very, very stressful in terms of the commitment, the work ethic is different for any Star Wars film or any film of that magnitude actually, which was definitely something that I had to adjust to. But playing Finn, it's been fun to play the most human guy in Star Wars.”

Finn’s character arc in this new Star Wars trilogy has tracked his journey to break away from the conformity of the First Order Stormtroopers and discover his own identity. However, the follow-up film The Last Jedi sidetracked that character progression, much to the chagrin of fans and Boyega himself.  

“The Force Awakens I think was the beginning of something quite solid, The Last Jedi if I'm being honest I'd say that was feeling a bit iffy for me,” Boyega says. “I didn't necessarily agree with a lot of the choices in that and that's something that spoke to Mark [Hamill] a lot about and we had conversations about it. And it was hard for all of us, because we were separate

Boyega has been candid on Twitter about his feelings on Finn’s story, and much to his surprise, Star Wars fans have responded to say they craved more of his story. He believes there’s more to be told with the character, but not as a standalone project, as he thinks Finn truly shines when he’s paired with Daisy Ridley’s Rey and Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron.  

“I guess the original Star Wars films there was much more of a trio feel where it was essentially about Luke's journey, but Han and Leia there was a strong dynamic, which I think, I don't know how quickly we're going to be able to establish that longterm dynamic with [Episode] Nine. But if it's exploring that dynamic, then that would be cool,” he notes. “I do feel even after three films still, we don't know them as much as we got to know Han, Luke, Leia. And maybe that's a great opportunity to get to know them a little bit more.”

Star Wars fans have always been passionate. But the access and anonymity afforded by social media also means the discourse among the fanbase can get toxic very quickly, reaching an all-time high in the time between the release of The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. And although Boyega can relate to many of the complaints from fans, he could do without some of its more negative manifestations. “It gets very, very complicated to handle things from Star Wars fans,

because of how much the words can be twisted to mean something entirely different,” he explains.

There are even folks who turn to victimization if matched with the same energy from celebrities. “On Twitter for example,” Boyega says, “I have a fan who hates the films, right? And he'll be rude directly to me and I'll be rude back and then they start crying like babies. Then they're like, ‘Why are you attacking me?’ And it's like I thought we was on the same page. I thought we're just going at it, we're Star Wars fans, we're supposed to be heated about this,” he says. “You've got to take what you can give. I don't care what profession you're in. That's a mantra for life.”

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:44 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 20 ELW3pMUXsAAnttc?format=jpg&name=small
@spacebaby45678

Ugh.. Is John gonna keep complaining about his role in The Last Jedi? Come on now!Rolling Eyes

On the other hand I loved what JJ said about the connection between Kylo & Rey. bounce Very Happy
@tukicarreno

I understand him and the Finn stans through. Tbh, I found that Finn wasn't given the role he deserved in TLJ.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next