Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th Empty Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 13 Jun 2019, 11:29 am

Per the email I received Very Happy

Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th Screen25

Edit update - at starwars.com too

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-anaheim-2020-dates-announced

(When I clicked on the link in the email, the dates were not listed, hence the screenshot. I didn't check starwars.com because....I am ditzy? lol)

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added starwars.com info)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th Empty Re: Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 13 Jun 2019, 11:59 am

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th Empty Re: Star Wars Celebration 2020, Anaheim - August 27th - 30th

Post by californiagirl Thu 13 Jun 2019, 1:19 pm

The timing is good, a little past peak tourist season. Looks like they're going back to 4 days instead of 5, which makes sense as there's no movie in 2020, no need to hold it earlier to start promoting one. 2019 is just such a jam packed year for SW in comparison to others. We probably won't know for almost a year, but I hope the ST gets it's due, since we'll actually be able to talk about it then.

Here's tickets for the interested. They go on sale tomorrow at 9AM Pacific time. https://www.starwarscelebration.com/About/Ticket-Details/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 13 Jun 2019, 1:26 pm

I see ticket sale on June 21st so next week.

And they still have a lottery system so I will probably pass. Too much money spent traveling from overseas to then leave it up to luck for the main panels.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 13 Jun 2019, 1:55 pm

I am excited about it, yet I am not certain I will be attending. lol If I do, my focus will actually be Disneyland (and of course, Galaxy's Edge), and I will fit this into my schedule if a one-day ticket remains.

I am thinking the focus will be FINALLY the ability to talk about the ST, and how things were planned, etc...no more worries about NDA's.

I think there will be more announcements about Galaxy's Edge and its expansion at both parks (https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-the-77-most-fascinating-things-1832883014) " With new movies, shows, and so much more coming for Star Wars, story adaptation is built into the land. “There are things that exist within the land that suggest there are stories still waiting to be told,” vice president of development at Lucasfilm, Carrie Beck, said. “And those things can be integrated with some of the stories that may go into the future.” and "Galaxy’s Edge wasn’t designed to just be what it is on day one forever. In fact, there are doors and areas you’ll see when you’re there which are already being planned for the future. “We’ve also built in the ability as this land grows, as new characters come on board, as new stories come out, as we see how our guests react to the land, the ability to open new spaces and flex spaces,” said executive creative director for Imagineering, Chris Beatty. “So we built in the ability, in the future, to build the land out more. So we already in our heads kind of know a little bit of what’s next.”

Also, a focus on the SW Productions with Disney+ (reminiscing about The Mandalorian, and maybe announcing more, along with the Cassian Andor show, etc) and TV animation.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 21 Jun 2019, 8:48 am

For those buying tickets today, I hope you are able to buy what you intended! Smile  Very Happy

I'm not attempting because I cannot (will be at work), and not enough lead time to ask for a day off.  It's for the best, because I am not even certain I wish to attend! (I want to know more what the panels are about, and by then day availability is scattered, so who knows how it will unfold for me lol).

For those who want to attend next year, and succeed in buying tickets today...Squee!  bounce

Considering the release calendar, it does make sense why they had one this year, and again next year because it helps to parallel Celebration with future Star Wars releases.  After all, with Celebration in 2020, the next one will probably be 2 years later in 2022, which aligns with the year of the 1st new SW film after TROS (and then 2 years after that, etc).  Also, it appears Disney may want D23 one year, and Celebration the other (with a Celebration Europe here and there).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down