Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:08 pm

Gemini wrote:I'm gonna say it..something is weird with how they are hiding a villain we already know in mystery..

They will not show his face.. just his disembodied voice.. approaching rey..his black cloak

What are they hiding with palpatine?

I have a theory but I'm keeping this to myself because it's crazy and no it's not Obi under there lol!
@Gemini

Tell us! Crazy theories are welcome! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:10 pm

californiagirl wrote:@Gemini I just mentioned a couple days ago something seems really weird about the Palpatine thing. I can't fully put my finger in it. I'll keep my crack theory about there being a totally other threat they're not telling us about, and Palpatine is the lure to get people talking.
@californiagirl

Share the crack! No keeping crack theories a secret! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:14 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey I don't even know who or what, but something about the villain situation is really weird. JJ is the master of misdirection, it's the only thing that feels vague and off and like they don't really want us knowing what's going on. The rest of the trailer is straightforward.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:15 pm

I think the trailer lends a little credence to the "They're still reshooting!" rumors, just because if you had never the leaks you'd have no idea what even might be going on.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:19 pm

californiagirl wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey I don't even know who or what, but something about the villain situation is really weird. JJ is the master of misdirection, it's the only thing that feels vague and off and like they don't really want us knowing what's going on. The rest of the trailer is straightforward.
@californiagirl

Hmmm...are you wondering if Darth Plagueis is still alive (how, who knows, and if Darth Plagueis is Richard E Grant?) Or if Darth Plagueis, that something about the corrupt Dark Side of the Force is sentient?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:30 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey I don't think Plagueis is something most people remember, he was only mentioned in passing in one movie. Is the threat even really another character?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:52 pm

californiagirl wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey I don't think Plagueis is something most people remember, he was only mentioned in passing in one movie. Is the threat even really another character?
@californiagirl

If a threat other than Palpatine...but maybe not Plagueis...then all I can think of is the Dark Side of the Force that wants power (versus ying yang concept) is sentient.  But  then again, I'm not a creative! Very Happy Smile  I'll be honest, if I was an insider, and had leak information, I'd only give bullet points, because if I tried to tie it together with a narrative, it would be wacky and wrong. haha Very Happy Smile Wink
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 22 Oct 2019, 12:10 am

Trailer feels fragmented somehow... like they just put together random clips with iMovie or something. Wet Kylo looks nice though.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2019, 12:26 am

Pre-TLJ Reylo was seen in a different light back then. The two of them working together or being shown as anything other than enemies was almost unfathomable to many before TLJ. It made Kylo's moment of reaching out to Rey unexpected in the TLJ trailer. I don't think that same wondrous feeling can be replicated with TROS since we now know Kylo and Rey are more than just straightforward enemies. The only thing that would've shocked me is if they showed them kissing. Laughing But my expectations were (kind of) low, so I wasn't betting on it.

Nonetheless, I liked the trailer. The shot of Kylo approaching from the splash of the waves before their confrontation in the storm was one of my favorites. No matter how it all ends, I'm more than ready for the actual film at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 22 Oct 2019, 12:48 am

californiagirl wrote:At the same time, they appear to be destroying whatever or whoever that is in the trailer. Would they really show the death of the main villain in the trailer? Unless it's not Palpatine, or the biggest bad is something else.
@californiagirl

The background matches the clip shown to shareholders (and I think at D23 too?) where Kylo was in an all white room looking at Vader’s mask and helmet. That’s what it looked like to me in the trailer that was on the wrong end of the lightsabers, but attached to a pedestal or statue of some sort.

I think Palpatine has to be the Big Bad/Final Boss Villain. It’s too late to reintroduce him, deal with him, AND introduce another bigger fish like Plagueis, while still dealing with Kylo’s Bendemption arc, IMO.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 22 Oct 2019, 1:19 am

Good morning everyone- I know I'm late...but it's early morning here, so I just saw the trailer and had to read all the comments before replying.

First of all- I liked the trailer. I thought the first sequence with Rey training was...unnecessary. But everything else was very emotional and cool.

So, I have a theory about "the Palpatine situation" - what if in order to finally end him they have to destroy the artifact (or whatever item) he stored his essence inside to stay alive. Like the mirror for the evil queen in Snow White and the huntsman?

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but does this shot shows Kylo still alive after they defeated the big bad? But why would they even show this? I'm confused
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 Bildsc27
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 22 Oct 2019, 1:22 am

AcrosstheStars wrote:
californiagirl wrote:At the same time, they appear to be destroying whatever or whoever that is in the trailer. Would they really show the death of the main villain in the trailer? Unless it's not Palpatine, or the biggest bad is something else.
@californiagirl

The background matches the clip shown to shareholders (and I think at D23 too?) where Kylo was in an all white room looking at Vader’s mask and helmet. That’s what it looked like to me in the trailer that was on the wrong end of the lightsabers, but attached to a pedestal or statue of some sort.

I think Palpatine has to be the Big Bad/Final Boss Villain. It’s too late to reintroduce him, deal with him, AND introduce another bigger fish like Plagueis, while still dealing with Kylo’s Bendemption arc, IMO.
@AcrosstheStars

It almost looked like Vader’s helmet was part of whatever was being destroyed, when someone slowed it down.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 22 Oct 2019, 1:58 am

It's Vader's helmet on pedestal. It's clever edit because it looks like they both are destroying it (I guess, metaphorically, they do) but it's Rey who destroys it when she attacks/counterattacks Kylo's saber.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 22 Oct 2019, 2:13 am

Very SW trailer with components that will please every fan faction including GA. I like it, but I am so drenched from work, that I do not fully enjoy it. Like part of me does and the other is like “Hello, RL is calling”. Anyway, the destroyed throne room shot is so GoT, I can’t believe it O_O

I already love the fathiers’ cousins. I have to rewatch it, but I first thought Finn & Co were riding them on a flying ship... i still believe Finn should be in the ruling organization once the war of the wars is done. Poe is the type for crisis, Finn and Rose are for the peaceful times.

Side comment: If you want to know who said what, use the captions option. Seem to be official (no weird sound-based words) and the names are mentioned.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 22 Oct 2019, 2:29 am

Good morning to everyone!

Thank the maker some waiting is over, and hopefully some interesting speculation based on trailer will follow, instead of those dreadful leaks. Last month was difficult for me, I didn't envisage the fandom experience of waiting for the movie would be so blah. No offense to anyone, but after wonderful metas and all the activities in the year after the release of movies, the leak-spec part was underwhelming and anxiety inducing.

So, trailer! I see it as one big gift to reylos. Whatever will be in the movie (that's a disclaimer, it can be anything, story-wise), the trailer is carefully tailored to please the reylo crowd, even to the point of redundancy. Kylo is prettified again, all dark and princely in his first shot - check; misty wet shirt Darcy-like sequence - check; acknowledgement of their most intimate bond - check; they obviously team up, as we've always predicted - check; the scene of two of them confronted, while she has the higher ground over him (it is so also in the poster) - check... Yeah, there's 150 more minutes and still we will be surprised, but at this point, they're selling reylo. Is there anything more there, besides SW cliches (starships, resistance HQ, voice over encouragements, darksider cackling)? Boys, young and older, will have their toys, with their binary coding and that dreadful mask, women got pretty, mysterious, sexy-voiced dark prince who just knows his sweetheart, right?

Leia's voice at the end was nice to hear, almost too calculating.They put Rose back in, they did give Finn a more prominent place than to Poe. They're listening, at this point they try to accommodate people who genuinely like ST.

C3PO's scene is totally Dobby from HP (how he voiced "my friends"), guess this would trigger memories of the late teen-early 20s crowd and invite them to the movie.

All in all, not bad! Safe, not terribly exciting, but serviceable, I guess. The ticket pre-sales will show.

I almost feel sorry for antis and ST/TLJ haters.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 22 Oct 2019, 2:57 am

I finally watched the trailer. I didn't hate it but I was pretty meh about it to be honest, it's just too diffuse and it's hard to know what the story is and what we're supposed to care about. I liked the shots of Kylo and the "nobody understands me" bit is a great indicator that their relationship is really going to be complicated and not just strictly on Kylo's side. But there's too little focus on what should be the main dynamic and the trailer spreads itself too thin IMO. Rey and Leia's relationship is too unearned and thinly sketched for their hug to feel emotional, and C-3PO didn't really spend enough time with his old or new friends in the ST so his "death" is purely tugging on the nostalgic feels and nothing else.

I just hope that the trailer is not a mini-summary of the film where Rey/Kylo dynamic gets lost among all the other noise and doesn't register with the audience the way it should.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:04 am

rey : People keep telling me they know me. No one does.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 B0b05421ed2cfc8166fdf8a44d3c4e1ae9ab9476

Kylo Ren : But I do

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 160f4d7a26a783bf4889d1c463e2f5fc3790702e
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:19 am

ok two very interesting things
Finn scream  the name of Rey. we know that there will be Kylo in that scene. I'm shivering. will we see a jealous kylo? maybeeee Razz

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 Scene010

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 Scene011

the Emperor is back , looks like  that he is kept alive by machines , just like Vader!!!
in that scene I expect Ben to come back and protect Rey!!

forgive me for the  low quality... Sad

ps: did you hear leia's voice? has an echo.
force ghost? pale
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:40 am

Teo oswald wrote:rey : People keep telling me they know me. No one does.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 B0b05421ed2cfc8166fdf8a44d3c4e1ae9ab9476

Kylo Ren : But I do

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 8 160f4d7a26a783bf4889d1c463e2f5fc3790702e
@Teo oswald

It really parallels the dialogue from TLJ, doesn't it?

"I've never felt so alone."
"You're not alone."

That's our baby Ben flirting, get the hint Rey!
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

This trailer is underwhelming, worst final trailer from ST. Trailers for TFA and TLJ were way better in my opinion.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:46 am

@Teo oswald

Dang I'm looking at all the gifs when I should be working. I'm still smiling about aspects of this trailer.

I'm assuming these are from the same scene, her face shows grim determination, and Kylo comes with 'can we just talk nice' face. And is he putting his sabre away or is it another signature move ?
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:48 am

Geralt_Riv wrote:This trailer is underwhelming, worst final trailer from ST. Trailers for TFA and TLJ were way better in my opinion.
@Geralt_Riv

I agree. I would say TLJ was my favorite- it had all of the emotional impact on the right moments even if the real
movie downplayed the exact same scenes. This one is just.. there.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:55 am

Morning everyone

I'm half dead...omg

Ok just another little thing on the palpatine situation

So far

Each and every last visual shot in the second trailers has been misleading with direction. But what you are hearing is the truth.

EdIt - han in the falcon trsaying hes home like hes back for ever..yea he is back technically...but hes about to die.

Kylo holding his hand to rey we all thought rey was gonna go off with him, it also looked positive, light side reylo..which it wasnt quite there yet I  reality.

Mr Palpatine in the flesh, apparently  approaches rey whilst she smiles at a line which has nothing to do with Palpatine.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2019, 3:57 am

@Geralt_Riv

Yeah, I liked the trailer for TROS, but TFA and TLJ were more emotional. As other comments have said here, the trailer played it a tad too safe. It lacked a certain 'oomph' to it.

Still, I keep going back to Kylo's "but I do" line and I'm happy they're emphasizing the unique connection Kylo and Rey share. The scenery is stunning as always, as well as the music. It could've been bolder though, for sure.

Last edited by toolonelytosleep on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:03 am

Gemini wrote:I'm gonna say it..something is weird with how they are hiding a villain we already know in mystery..

They will not show his face.. just his disembodied voice.. approaching rey..his black cloak

What are they hiding with palpatine?

I have a theory but I'm keeping this to myself because it's crazy and no it's not Obi under there lol!
@Gemini

Gemini wrote:Dear God...now my mind is hurting

Ok so there is a rey kenobi hint there right as this dude in the cloak approaches  "force will be with you always"

I think that may be Pryde pretending to be Palpatine, hence they are cloaking him in mystery, hes been using his dark side force abilities to trick them into thinking he is Palpatine

REG read with daisy ???

He is her father and and a dark  force user?

Us Kenobi folks have long suspected Pryde to be Korkie Kryze,

Nah

I wanted rey kenobi but not like that God damn

Yeah that's a crack theory.
@Gemini

Everyone.... saying the trailer is so  Pride and Prejudice.Literally only character named Pryde... he has to be related to the Elizabeth of the story... because it was she was was proud..It is Rey who needs to find Pride  REG literally tweeted everyone the biggest hint the morning the trailer dropped...

As far as the rest of the trailer outside of Rey and Kylo I am meh...

I am sorry to say... I too am starting to believe the 6 ending rumor

JP's leaks seemed to be correct but mostly centered around this trailer

Mystery box JJ has just revealed his hand. Palpy, Dark Rey, Reylo, Sith Fleet... what is in JJ's mystery box still to play? Force Ghosts, old holo messages

and again.. so much Obi Wan's word dialogue repurposed.

Finn... It's an instinct.. a feeling...
Obi Wan.. “Stretch out with your feelings and trust your instincts.

Ian Mcdiarmid's voice aging like fine wine... beautiful...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next