Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

+58
tukicarreno
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
Armadeus
PalmettoBlue
Casper
Forsythia
DeeBee
Froggy
bruna8728
nickandnora
special_cases
LadyGaufrette
Moonjump05
reylo1992
grimbergen
rey09
californiagirl
snufkin
Atenais
Oscarborough-fairo
MaddieDove
MrsWindu
spacebaby45678
Teo oswald
SkyStar
MindAndMagic
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SheLitAFire
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
cherrylipstick
olyer
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Mielikki
thescavenger
ZioRen
whisperingwillow
KiraRen2015
Birdwoman
fuhry
Kylo Rey
lauvamp
12 Parsnips
Gemini
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
SW_Heroine_Journey
62 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Gemini Mon 02 Dec 2019, 3:32 am

Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
cherrylipstick wrote:Another new tv spot "Hold on"
@cherrylipstick

Its Rey fricking kenobi mind tricking the storm troopers all over the gaff, man..I swear if this a trick misdirect from JJ...to get everyone into the cinema to see rey kenobi and then..

Spoiler:
@Gemini

It's not only Obi-Wan who does this. XD
@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.
However obi wan is known to be naturally gifted at it.

Its most famously attributed to him in the main films, especially with the storm troopers. Rey has done this twice now with storm troopers.

Type it into Google and google/official star wars gives you this, obi wan doing the jedi mind trick on the storm troopers.:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Screen78
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Moonjump05 Mon 02 Dec 2019, 4:28 am

Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Its Rey fricking kenobi mind tricking the storm troopers all over the gaff, man..I swear if this a trick misdirect from JJ...to get everyone into the cinema to see rey kenobi and then..

Spoiler:
@Gemini

@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.

Its most famously attributed to him in the main films, especially with the storm troopers. Rey has done this twice now with storm troopers.

Type it into Google and google/official star wars gives you this, obi wan doing the jedi mind trick on the storm troopers.:

@Gemini

Meh, Jedi mind trick is Jedi bread and butter, of course Rey is going to do it. I think you're looking too far into it.

I wanna know when the visual dictionary and soundtrack get leaked, then I think we'll have something meaty to discuss.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 Dec 2019, 4:36 am

Moonjump05 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Spoiler:
@Gemini

@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.

@Gemini

Meh, Jedi mind trick is Jedi bread and butter, of course Rey is going to do it. I think you're looking too far into it.

I wanna know when the visual dictionary and soundtrack get leaked, then I think we'll have something meaty to discuss.
@Moonjump05

Of course I am...what was I thinking?, silly me., crazy old me to make a painfully obvious connection like that Laughing

I remember getting told I was "looking too much into it" and gaslighted when I dared to suggest in 2016 that there will be two lightsabers in Reys hands and some point in Episode 9.

This gaslighting (in order to make me question my own visual conclusions based off solid interpretations of media) and manipulation crap doesnt work on me anymore, sorry. It's getting old.

Also I'm looking forward to that too!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 02 Dec 2019, 8:23 am

Kylo attempted to use it on the Benathi king in the recent Kylo Ren comic, but it didn't work.
However Obi Wan did say to Luke it depended upon the strength of the person's mind.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 9:51 am

Gemini wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Spoiler:
@Gemini

@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.

@Gemini

@Moonjump05

Of course I am...what was I thinking?, silly me., crazy old me to make a painfully obvious connection like that Laughing

I remember getting told I was "looking too much into it" and gaslighted when I dared to suggest in 2016 that there will be two lightsabers in Reys hands and some point in Episode 9.

This gaslighting (in order to make me question my own visual conclusions based off solid interpretations of media) and manipulation crap doesnt work on me anymore, sorry. It's getting old.

@Gemini

Not everything is gaslighting. We are just questioning the actions of the characters. Would be good to have a nice place to discuss things without accusing each other of things. None of us has all the answers.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 Dec 2019, 9:57 am

Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Spoiler:
@Gemini

@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.

@Gemini

@Moonjump05

@Gemini

Not everything is gaslighting. We are just questioning the actions of the characters. Would be good to have a nice place to discuss things without accusing each other of things. None of us has all the answers.
@Atenais

It would be nice to have a conversation on here where a personal statement is not made about an individuals mind/perception of a scene. As was said, just tell me you don't agree, there's no need to drag my personal perception into it. Is there?

Its gaslighting when you try to make a person question their own mind and interpretation by making statements like "you are imagining things", "You are reading too much into things", "you are seeing things"

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity

The above was done, sorry plain and simple. The second you personally tell someone they are imagining things you are gaslighting.

Its different levels of variation but all of it is a form of gaslighting. I've been subjected to it for years on here by all the same people and I know it when I see it now. It doesn't work anymore and I will call it out every time I see it. Sorry. I will always call it out when it starts.

All of them are manipulative attempts, no matter how slight, to make someone question their own sense of what they are seeing and question their own mind.

Now..feel free to tell me the theory is wrong. That's fine. I'm just done with the "you are reading too much into things" stuff and questioning personal  perception.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:19 am

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 02 Dec 2019, 11:34 am

Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Spoiler:
@Gemini

@Atenais

I know. Luke does it.

@Gemini

@Moonjump05

@Gemini

@Atenais

Preach!

I've always found this forum great as a safe place for analysis and discussion. It's too bad to fight about the parentage issue 2 weeks before we finally get to watch the movie after this long ride. Personally, I don't mind having Rey Kenobi stuff here as long as it is related to theanalysis of the trailer/teaser but maybe it's perceived as too spoilery for this thread or too pushy in general.  

I think we should remain careful until we get to see the movie with our own eyes. I doubt that everyone can be totally satisfied by the answers provided and is it so bad if that doesn't go the way we think, as long as it makes sense?  I have never cared that much from which lineage Rey possibly comes from and frankly I would love Disney to trick everybody with a "cool and unexpected" answer about the origins of her powers. Like Daisy pointed out, this is why people keep asking themselves from which lineage does she come from.

Although I believe that Rey Kenobi is the highest probability for the lineage if she is related to anyone, there is a general tendency to draw conclusions about her lineage based on parallels with other characters. The problem is that when you look into things, Rey was given visual, dialogue and musical parallels with nearly all important characters of Star Wars. That's why so many people keep thinking that she is a Skywalker, a Solo, a Kenobi, a Palpatine or even Anakin's reincarnation. A good example is how the music provides clues but no definitive answer so one can't blame people for scratching their head about what the parallels mean:

Similarities with Obi-Wan Kenobis "theme" ==> related to Obi-Wan Kenobi? meant to fulfill Obi-Wan Kenobi's role? No big deal?

Similarities with Han and Leia's theme while looking at a ship flying away ==> daughter of Han and Leia? Connected to Ben ? No big deal?

Reversed Darth Vader's theme ==> grandaughter of Anakin/Vader? Reincarnation of Anakin/Vader (reversed path)? Connected to Ben? No big deal?

Reversed of Kylo Ren's theme ==> related to Kylo Ren by blood ? connected to him by the Force, Two halves of the same protagonist? No big deal?

Reversed theme of Across the Stars ==> Anakin and Padme's grandchildren? Anakin and Padme's reincarnations? Reversed love story?

Musical connections between Ren, Kylo Ren and Palpatine ==> ???

Similarities with the Force theme, Vader theme and even Yoda theme :

Force (Skywalker ) theme used with Rey:

It's a fact that materials point to a lot to parallels with Obi-Wan Kenobi in general but we can't be 100% sure until Day D whether it means she is really related to him or she is meant to fulfill his role in that sequel trilogy. She represents what Anakin/Ben  would have become hadn't they turned to the dark side, definitely has a lot of parallels with Padme through her relationship with Ben and fulfills Obi-Wan's role in many ways too including what he represented to Anakin as Force soulmate/nemesis. The only thing that seems set in stone is that the only character binding all these connections/parallels she has with other characters...is Ben. But Daisy also confirmed that although the backstory wasn't set in stone until she was on the TROS set, it was decided that the "something big" would finally happen. Let's wait and see and enjoy in good spirit.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 12:44 pm

reylo1992 wrote:(...) I've always found this forum great as a safe place for analysis and discussion. It's too bad to fight about the parentage issue 2 weeks before we finally get to watch the movie after this long ride. Personally, I don't mind having Rey Kenobi stuff here as long as it is related to theanalysis of the trailer/teaser but maybe it's perceived as too spoilery for this thread or too pushy in general.  

I think we should remain careful until we get to see the movie with our own eyes. I doubt that everyone can be totally satisfied by the answers provided and is it so bad if that doesn't go the way we think, as long as it makes sense?  I have never cared that much from which lineage Rey possibly comes from and frankly I would love Disney to trick everybody with a "cool and unexpected" answer about the origins of her powers. Like Daisy pointed out, this is why people keep asking themselves from which lineage does she come from. (...)
@reylo1992

I couldn't agree more. As long as the movie makes sense, I'm ready to be happy with the answers they have. (Well, I'll not be too happy if Kylo dies XD).

What frustrates me more is the lack of cohesiveness in this trilogy. Looks like the story keeps changing with each movie, as if they didn't know all the answers. I ask myself, did they know that Palps would be back in the last episode or they had to use it, because Rian killed Snoke? It's hard to make a cohesive trilogy if they don't have the backbone of the plot.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 02 Dec 2019, 1:08 pm

Atenais wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:(...) I've always found this forum great as a safe place for analysis and discussion. It's too bad to fight about the parentage issue 2 weeks before we finally get to watch the movie after this long ride. Personally, I don't mind having Rey Kenobi stuff here as long as it is related to theanalysis of the trailer/teaser but maybe it's perceived as too spoilery for this thread or too pushy in general.  

I think we should remain careful until we get to see the movie with our own eyes. I doubt that everyone can be totally satisfied by the answers provided and is it so bad if that doesn't go the way we think, as long as it makes sense?  I have never cared that much from which lineage Rey possibly comes from and frankly I would love Disney to trick everybody with a "cool and unexpected" answer about the origins of her powers. Like Daisy pointed out, this is why people keep asking themselves from which lineage does she come from. (...)
@reylo1992

I couldn't agree more. As long as the movie makes sense, I'm ready to be happy with the answers they have. (Well, I'll not be too happy if Kylo dies XD).

What frustrates me more is the lack of cohesiveness in this trilogy. Looks like the story keeps changing with each movie, as if they didn't know all the answers. I ask myself, did they know that Palps would be back in the last episode or they had to use it, because Rian killed Snoke? It's hard to make a cohesive trilogy if they don't have the backbone of the plot.
@Atenais

From what I understand, there was no clear direction in term of scenario and the real cohesiveness of the sequel trilogy from the very beginning was always in the causes and implications behind the connection between Ren and Rey. So I'm not surprised that most fans don't find the story coherent since so many believed (and some still believe) that the backbone of the story would be the dynamic between Rey and Luke + the dynamic between Rey, Poe and Finn.

The story can't appear coherent once one misses the point that it's about Kylo and Rey as two equally important protagonists . By the way, "fanboys" who keep critisizing the story seem to forget that Vader became Luke's father only in the process of ESB and that Leia became Luke's sister only in ROTJ although they had kissed one episode before. Otherwise, I agree with you that The Last Jedi frustrated me because of this lack of cohesiveness in the scenario like they wanted to focus on the Force connection to the detriment of the story itself.

As for Palpatine, I've always believed that he would be back in one way or another no matter how much insistance there was at some point that we should move on with "Snoke is Sidious" or "Snoke is Plagueis" theories. IMO, whoever is meant to be the Big Bad of the franchise  in the end, that Big Bad was definitely there and/or mentioned early in the Skywalker franchise. Otherwise, the whole Skywalker "curse" about Anakin falling to the dark side and the same scenario repeating with his descendant never made much sense in my mind. If they didn't plan it so, I think that they realize they needed it to bind the 9 movies ina coherent story.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 1:39 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:

@reylo1992

@Atenais

From what I understand, there was no clear direction in term of scenario and the real cohesiveness of the sequel trilogy from the very beginning was always in the causes and implications behind the connection between Ren and Rey. So I'm not surprised that most fans don't find the story coherent since so many believed (and some still believe) that the backbone of the story would be the dynamic between Rey and Luke + the dynamic between Rey, Poe and Finn.

The story can't appear coherent once one misses the point that it's about Kylo and Rey as two equally important protagonists . By the way, "fanboys" who keep critisizing the story seem to forget that Vader became Luke's father only in the process of ESB and that Leia became Luke's sister only in ROTJ although they had kissed one episode before. Otherwise, I agree with you that The Last Jedi frustrated me because of this lack of cohesiveness in the scenario like they wanted to focus on the Force connection to the detriment of the story itself.

As for Palpatine, I've always believed that he would be back in one way or another no matter how much insistance there was at some point that we should move on with "Snoke is Sidious" or "Snoke is Plagueis" theories. IMO, whoever is meant to be the Big Bad of the franchise  in the end, that Big Bad was definitely there and/or mentioned early in the Skywalker franchise. Otherwise, the whole Skywalker "curse" about Anakin falling to the dark side and the same scenario repeating with his descendant never made much sense in my mind. If they didn't plan it so, I think that they realize they needed it to bind the 9 movies ina coherent story.
@reylo1992

That's right. In other words, this trilogy is being cohesive in its messiness. XD

Do you believe that Kylo's character became bigger than the initially planned or they always had in mind his connection with Rey?
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:23 pm

Atenais wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:

@reylo1992

@Atenais

@reylo1992

That's right. In other words, this trilogy is being cohesive in its messiness. XD

Do you believe that Kylo's character became bigger than the initially planned or they always had in mind his connection with Rey?
@Atenais

I believe that the importance of the connection in the story was always meant to be from the very beginning and that J.J. simply made sure not to give too much away, thus why they had so few screen time together and he deleted a key scene.

The decisive scene that convinced me that there was something much bigger behind the connection was the "Finn will be fine" scene because I felt there was something odd in Rey's face expression and I was struck by the parallels with "E.T.'s death" scene. That's what led me to the forum in the first place three years ago although it's the unmasking scene that arouse my interest in the dynamic from the first viewing. But as soon as I "suspected" that Rey was meant to be Space Elliot and Kylo Space E.T., the reason why Leia hugged Rey became chrystal clear and I believed that they made him as important as the heroine in the Skywalker saga since he is the last/lost Skywalker:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 14806310The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 14806311
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Scree310
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Scree311
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu110
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu111
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu112
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu210
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu211
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu212
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 8121010
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Captu213

http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t603p425-the-last-jedi-trailers-no-spoilers#155236
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 Images11
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 3:17 pm

@reylo1992 That's what I love about cinema, how this art can expand beyond its reach, how movies can have parallels with other movies, with other kinds of art, with reality.

I never saw this parallel with E.T, that's beautiful.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:51 am

Just to be clear. I was not trying to say I know everything and stop conversation or disagreement of opinion.

My only issue was with the unnecessary personal statement made  about my mind and perception. Disagree with the theory but please don't get personal about it with me.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 03 Dec 2019, 11:21 am

New teaser "adventure"
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:38 pm

She totally goes to kill him. The way she holds the dagger is ready to stab.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 C2eed425d7f5e181f269ca5e133cc0d1c99d1247
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:40 pm

Atenais wrote:She totally goes to kill him. The way she holds the dagger is ready to stab.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 18 C2eed425d7f5e181f269ca5e133cc0d1c99d1247
@Atenais

Yep. Always shooting first. And that mirrors to some degree the scene on Kef Bir where he seems to let her strike him.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Dec 2019, 9:28 pm

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:44 pm

I know most of the fighting seems directed at each other as of now, but damn do I love battle couple Reylo! I wish the whole movie was just those two kicking various asses in a plethora of ways.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 04 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm

Spot 21:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 05 Dec 2019, 4:54 pm

New TV spot titled ‘Forever’:
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:10 pm

I'm surprised at the amount of new footage coming out from the TV spots. They didn't put out nearly this much for TLJ (not that I'm complaining).
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:19 pm

Seems like the same situation with TLJ, there were a lot of shots from Crait in TV Spots and we're able to create timeline for the whole movie after TV Spots. We just didn't know that some Rey and Kylo shots are from the Force Bond so they were misplaced.

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next