Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: SW Rebels

+11
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
vaderito
Rimfaxe96
rey09
Force22
Moonjump05
panki
CienaRee
YoloKylo
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Empty Re: General Discussion: SW Rebels

Post by panki Tue 13 Sep 2016, 10:59 pm

@Jakkusun

I'm going a little into wild theory territory but I think the "presence" in the holocron who teaches Ezra could be a character named briefly in Aftermath- Life Debt named Cora Vessora. This is what the novel says about her:

The first piece he ever heard as a boy plays in his chambers now: The Cantata of Cora Vessora, an Old Republic opera of a dark witch on an unnamed world who refused to become Jedi—but neither would she join the Sith. It is a tale of birth, death, and all the glories found between those poles: love, passion, war, and above all else revenge. Revenge against the Sith who took her loved ones. Revenge against the Jedi for standing idly by and refusing to protect her because she would not join their ranks. Revenge against the galaxy for being as imperfect and impure as she had feared.

This character could have unleashed a super weapon on the galaxy to take revenge on sith and jedi alike....and that could be why Malachor looks the way it does with pertrified dead jedi and sith.

Now for another crazy theory.... I think Ventress was revived when she was dipped into the dark pool on Dathomir....but Vos felt he owed a debt to Obi-wan for speaking on her behalf in front of the jedi council so he continued to fight in the Clone Wars (Obi-wan mentions himfighting at Boz Pity in ROTS)....then order 66 happened. Like in the EU story, I think Vos managed to evade the clone troopers.... in the EU comic, Vos was saved by a pirate/smuggler friend of his....similarly, Ventress and her pirate friend Lassa Rhayme rescued Vos and they possibly re-established the Nightsisters (since Nightsisters are back in existence by the time of the Aftermath novel).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Thu 15 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

@panki That is such a cool connection. It would be really cool if you are right!  It also sounds like an opera Maul could identify with, too, I think haha.

------

Here is an interview with Tom Baker about his role as the Bendu: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/09/15/tom-baker-star-wars-rebels-exclusive-clip/90410988/

It includes another clip, with Kanan talking to the Bendu! I like what the Bendu says: (in response to Kanan's concerns that the sith holocron is changing Ezra)

"An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, and the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself."

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 CsaZvTMXYAA244L
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 17 Sep 2016, 5:22 am

[quote="jakkusun"]

"An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, and the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself."

@jakkusun

I love the significance of that statement, especially in the context of Kylo and his relationship with Vader's helmet.... even if he were tricked, brainwashed or went down a bad path because he was plain bad, he is the only one who can change himself for the better....while he might be inspired to change because of others, the actual change will need to come from him.

I cannot wait to see the Bendu!!! Did you notice the orange and white convoree on his shoulder..... it is in the same colour scheme as Ahsoka!!
It looks like they might be bringing something big into canon- the EU nightsisters believed that some powerful practitioners could connect with animals and plants from the spirit world (ur-spirit) and these animals could bring messages from the spirit world and allow some practitioners to move between the physical and spirit realm.....Talzin did it.....maybe Ahsoka will also do the same (or at least try to communicate with the Ghost crew)

Also, did you notice Kanan's stick? It looks a little like a part of Rey's staff.... Suspect

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Kanan_stick

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sat 17 Sep 2016, 4:50 pm

@panki

The was exactly what I was thinking about with that quote in relation to Kylo!

Wow! I didn't even realize that bird was important, but I just found your thread about the convor birds!

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t156-convor-birds-the-clone-wars-and-star-wars-rebels-connection?highlight=rebels

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Bird10General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Bird210

This is all so exciting! Dave Filoni does seem to have a lot of tricks up his sleeve with the Ahosoka story. And it makes sense that Ahsoka would be hanging around the Bendu, somehow. hahaha

Weirdly, Kanan's staff also reminds me of this from the second-to-last episode of season 2.
Spoiler:
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Stick10

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Stick210

Also, one week till Rebels! Woohoo!

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 CsjvCnIXgAARLCT
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

Yay, Rebels is coming back! I can see my bae Rex!

...and the rest, lol. Also the Ahsoka novel next month? Should help ride me over until RO and Episode VIII.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sun 18 Sep 2016, 7:25 am

This kind of gives me an idea of where the all the storylines we see in the trailers are going to fall in the first few episodes of Rebels Season 3. (Hope this hasn't been posted yet)
First 6 episode titles:

Source: https://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2016/09/star-wars-rebels-staffel-3-vier-neue-episodentitel/

(Not positive how accurate this is, but everyone else seems to think this source is accurate, including MSW)

@Moonjump05 I'm excited for that Ahsoka novel too! And apparently Ashley Eckstein, Ahsoka Tano herself, is going to read the audiobook! If that's true, I'm definitely listening to this book.

Ashley is so awesome I just couldn't resist posting these pictures of her in her Lego Ahsoka dress and Ahsoka hair. Smile
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Image59
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:10 am

The trailer with Ezra controlling the walker gave me chills. Did I see correctly that he is actually controlling a junior trooper - don't know how they're called - to shoot at fellow stormtroopers? I find that dark and not exactly light side of the Force.

I am probably not going to see season 3 before a while. I am waiting for the premiere to see if there is any way to download the episodes somewhere. I am quite angry that it's so difficult to see this show outside the US. I think it's a great show for kids too so why can't they just have it for download over Amazon or itunes like other shows...

Ashley's hairdo is amazing.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 21 Sep 2016, 4:23 am

jakkusun wrote:@panki

Weirdly, Kanan's staff also reminds me of this from the second-to-last episode of season 2.
Spoiler:
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Stick10

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Stick210

Oh, I forgot about those perimeter markers....Kanan must be using a broken one as a walking stick....I remember that poor girl- I think she got eaten because her disappearance wasn't discovered immediately....and at the expense of being gross, the spiders had their meal so Rex was lucky in that he was being saved as a later snack.  pale

SanghaRen wrote:The trailer with Ezra controlling the walker gave me chills. Did I see correctly that he is actually controlling a junior trooper - don't know how they're called - to shoot at fellow stormtroopers? I find that dark and not exactly light side of the Force.

I think the person in the walker is an imperial cadet......It would be really interesting if the cadet turns out to be one of Ezra's friends- Jai or Zare.....I wonder how he would respond to that? I'm not sure if Ezra is using the dark side of the force as yet though he is hovering dangerously close to it....I mean, he is using the mind trick on the cadet which in canon is something jedi do....not sith. (In the darth vader comic, Vader says that sith don't do the mind trick)

jakkusun wrote:This kind of gives me an idea of where the all the storylines we see in the trailers are going to fall in the first few episodes of Rebels Season 3. (Hope this hasn't been posted yet)
First 6 episode titles:

Source: https://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2016/09/star-wars-rebels-staffel-3-vier-neue-episodentitel/

(Not positive how accurate this is, but everyone else seems to think this source is accurate, including MSW)

@Moonjump05 I'm excited for that Ahsoka novel too! And apparently Ashley Eckstein, Ahsoka Tano herself, is going to read the audiobook! If that's true, I'm definitely listening to this book.

Ashley is so awesome I just couldn't resist posting these pictures of her in her Lego Ahsoka dress and Ahsoka hair. Smile
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Image59

Thanks for sharing the episode information- it does make sense keeping in mind the things we've seen in the trailer.

I love Ashely's hair in those photos!!!! And I cannot wait to get hold of the Ahsoka novel- want to know more about Nix, the Mandalore campaign etc. Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:34 pm

New clip everyone!

Article with some quotes from Dave Filoni about Thrawn:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/21/thrawn-peers-hearts-and-minds-new-clip-star-wars-rebels

There is another clip in the Star Wars show, too!

Spoiler:

---- edit 22 Sept
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Image82
General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Image81

!!!!

And, an interview with Dave Filoni about Kanan:http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/09/21/star-wars-rebels-season-3-kanan-is-feeling-lost-needs-a-teacher/

Spoiler:

And...More Ezra
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 Empty rebels video clip

Post by panki Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:09 am

I saw this clip and suddenly something struck me- will Kylo experience something like this? Does this scene foreshadow something similar between Kylo and Vader's helmet? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:52 pm

@panki Yeah! I really hope we can see Kylo actually getting some sort of response from Vader's helmet. Something like this would be very interesting. And It seems Ezra has a very similar motivation for interest in the Dark side as Anakin. They both want to be able to protect people because they felt powerless to protect people in the past. I wonder if Kylo's motivation was similar or not.

----

This is just a nice video. Dave Filoni teaches kids how to draw Sabine and gives a little info on the inspiration for female mandolorian helmet design:
https://twitter.com/disneychannelpr/status/779364256907141120

Another Dave Filoni interview where he teases about what is to come in Star Wars Rebels Season 3:http://teenplicity.com/star-wars-rebels-executive-producer-dave-filoni-teases-season-3-secrets/
so many "we'll see"s. Haha
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:01 pm

This is so depressing.... the planet Ilum which appeared in TCW (where Yoda and Ahsoka took some younglings to find kyber crystals) might have been converted into starkiller base by the FO..... it is now gone Sad

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 CUwY1AAU8AEnRk8 Jedi temple on Ilum

General Discussion: SW Rebels - Page 4 T3_54wj3u?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F4JXaHKM

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 03 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm

I saw the first episode of season 3, yey! Let's see if I manage to see them all. I love the Bendu. Somehow the voice reminded me of Sean Connery and my mind was automatically directed to a movie I love : Dragonheart. I see some similarities between Draco and the Bendu. Do we know which specy the Bendu is? Maybe I should google before asking like the lazy a** I am.

You know that lady with the black bob haircut who works with Thrawn - I can't remember her name - she really reminds me of the villainy character played by Cate Blanchett in the last Indiana Jones. Makes me wonder if they used her as a reference because the resemblance is striking and both look dangerous.

I really wonder how much of Star Wars Rebels will be in VIII. Ben wanting to protect someone and ending swallowed up by Snoke is one of the scenarios that's always been in the back of my head as an option. My bets are on protecting Leia. And he could have resented Han for not being around enough to protect his mother. One must admit falling to the dark side to protect people you love is a recurring theme in SW so who knows.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 03 Oct 2016, 11:51 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I saw the first episode of season 3, yey! Let's see if I manage to see them all. I love the Bendu. Somehow the voice reminded me of Sean Connery and my mind was automatically directed to a movie I love : Dragonheart. I see some similarities between Draco and the Bendu. Do we know which specy the Bendu is? Maybe I should google before asking like the lazy a** I am.

You know that lady with the black bob haircut who works with Thrawn - I can't remember her name - she really reminds me of the villainy character played by Cate Blanchett in the last Indiana Jones. Makes me wonder if they used her as a reference because the resemblance is striking and both look dangerous.

I really wonder how much of Star Wars Rebels will be in VIII. Ben wanting to protect someone and ending swallowed up by Snoke is one of the scenarios that's always been in the back of my head as an option. My bets are on protecting Leia. And he could have resented Han for not being around enough to protect his mother. One must admit falling to the dark side to protect people you love is a recurring theme in SW so who knows.

@SanghaRen

The Bendu is fast becoming one of my favourite characters in SW! They haven't revealed his species as yet.....though in the EU, the Bendu were an order of monks that practiced the light and dark side of the force....this is a nice way of bringing this into canon. I also find it interesting that Bendu mentions how he has seen how looking into the future/finding the answer to a question from a vergence leads to chaos....I wonder whether Snoke is involved in this previous event in some way?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 04 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm

Quote button is still not working on my iPad - emoticons neither - and I don't want to open my computer so I am just tagging you @panki

I saw episode 2, yey! I think I have a little crush on Kanan, an animation figure... Anyways, it's not the point of the post Very Happy That is an interesting thought on Snoke involved in the previous chaos. Could it explain why he looks damaged? Went too far? But I still wonder how many parallels they will use between Rebels and the movies. Will they go for holocrons in the movies too? Did Rian Johnson know about them and the importance it would take in Rebels? That's where my doubt lies at the moment. Although I could see holocrons being hidden in the First Temple.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

I'm almost to the end of Rebels S2. I have a question about the Grand Inquisitor and the temple episode. Was the GI a Force Ghost? Did I miss something because it seemed like he was a Temple Guard before becoming an Inquisitor? If he fell to the dark side, how did he revert back to being a Jedi in death?

I still prefer TCW as I wish Rebels had a little more substance, but it is really funny. Chopper is The Worst.

ETA: NM - it was Yoda.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 07 Feb 2017, 12:21 am

MoonlitMoss wrote:I'm almost to the end of Rebels S2. I have a question about the Grand Inquisitor and the temple episode. Was the GI a Force Ghost? Did I miss something because it seemed like he was a Temple Guard before becoming an Inquisitor? If he fell to the dark side, how did he revert back to being a Jedi in death?

I still prefer TCW as I wish Rebels had a little more substance, but it is really funny. Chopper is The Worst.

ETA: NM - it was Yoda.
@MoonlitMoss

I think the GI's appearance in Kanan's vision is not so much his actual return as a force ghost but the force manifesting a vision of the GI to Kanan and giving him a message (about submitting to the will of the force, the force foreshadowing his blindness since the GI looks blind in the vision...maybe also foreshadowing his meeting the Bendu since Kanan fights with a red and blue lightsaber)

A similar event can be found in TCW during Yoda's trials where he goes to Moraband and sees Darth Bane's spirit....there Yoda clarifies that it isn't Bane himself who has reappeared but a manifestation of the force.

I think the whole force thing works like this in canon- you have two things (the Living Force and the Cosmic Force).

The Living Force comprises the people that are alive....while the Cosmic Force is the people who are now gone and part of a world soul of sorts. The world soul itself has a consciousness of its own and can manifest to living beings in the form of visions (Anakin's vision of Shmi on Mortis, Ezra's visions in the Lothal temple, Kanan's vision of the GI, Rey's vision etc)....these visions can be of light side and dark side users but it is no longer those people talking but the force itself talking. In addition to the GI, we have Yoda seeing the long dead sith spirits on Moraband, Rey hears Palpatine's voice in her force vision etc.

However, a few people have the ability to be force ghosts i.e. they retain the old identity they had in life (bridging the gap between Living Force and Cosmic Force). The reason a dark side user hasn't managed to learn this art is because it requires them to develop traits like serenity and self sacrifice, which they cannot achieve because they cannot let go of their fears.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:08 am

Thanks, @Panki! I was so confused! I thought I missed an episode or something. I think it was the way he talked to Kanan and attacked the two Inquisitors. The vision makes sense.

This is really interesting.

I think the whole force thing works like this in canon- you have two things (the Living Force and the Cosmic Force).

The Living Force comprises the people that are alive....while the Cosmic Force is the people who are now gone and part of a world soul of sorts. The world soul itself has a consciousness of its own and can manifest to living beings in the form of visions (Anakin's vision of Shmi on Mortis, Ezra's visions in the Lothal temple, Kanan's vision of the GI, Rey's vision etc)....these visions can be of light side and dark side users but it is no longer those people talking but the force itself talking. In addition to the GI, we have Yoda seeing the long dead sith spirits on Moraband, Rey hears Palpatine's voice in her force vision etc.

However, a few people have the ability to be force ghosts i.e. they retain the old identity they had in life (bridging the gap between Living Force and Cosmic Force). The reason a dark side user hasn't managed to learn this art is because it requires them to develop traits like serenity and self sacrifice, which they cannot achieve because they cannot let go of their fears.

Is there anything about an individual afterlife in SW? Aside from FG, I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I still wonder what Maz meant when she said the same eyes in different people line...whether she meant recognizing emotions and personality traits or something like reincarnation.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

MoonlitMoss wrote:Thanks, @Panki! I was so confused! I thought I missed an episode or something. I think it was the way he talked to Kanan and attacked the two Inquisitors. The vision makes sense.

This is really interesting.

Is there anything about an individual afterlife in SW? Aside from FG, I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I still wonder what Maz meant when she said the same eyes in different people line...whether she meant recognizing emotions and personality traits or something like reincarnation.

The Living Force and Cosmic Force feed into one another (I heard this mentioned in TCW either in the Mortis arc or Yoda's trials)....while I'm not quite clear how it works, even I have wondered whether this includes reincarnation....and that Maz's comment foreshadows this concept being dealt with in future episodes.

As for individual afterlife, I remember this event in the recent Han Solo comics where a long dead species comes through an ancient portal to help Han and some other racers, and we find out this much-

- Portals exist in the galaxy to a spirit realm (which could be considered a sort of afterlife since those people are dead); and
- Time works differently there (time works differently on all the force strong places like Mortis, Wellspring of Life etc...even Dagobah).

I don't know if everyone gets the opportunity to live in that spirit realm but we have seen Mother Talzin dissolved her physical body and escaped into the spirit world, later returning to the real world in TCW....and also an ancient alien friend of Han as well in the Han Solo comics who crosses to the other realm but briefly returns to save Han...in the EU, the Nightsister's belief that souls transform into plants and animals in the spirit realm might be a good way to explain the rumors of Convorees...... so maybe the Cosmic Force is not just a world soul (the force manifests itself in some physical form), but also a parallel realm of sorts.....I haven't been able to wrap my head around this part fully as yet but it is very interesting.

I don't see them going into this in great depth in the movies but I can see great potential for two things-

- Rey being the reincarnation of someone (my bet is Ahsoka)
- Han Solo being able to communicate with others after death (canon indicates he might have met some equivalent of the force priestess when he was young)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4