Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+35
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
Gemini
spacebaby45678
karamelreylo
Mila95
Moonlight13
Libra Vibora
Nyx
Piper Maru
rawpowah
reylo1992
KiraRen2015
Darth_marshmallow
Moonjump05
Cowgirlsamurai
SW_Heroine_Journey
MaddieDove
snufkin
Kylo Rey
AhsokaTano
special_cases
unicorn
Saracene
Darth Snoopy
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
fuhry
DeeBee
vaderito
motherofpearl1
Geralt_Riv
Atenais
californiagirl
39 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

I think everyone deserved better than this.
What a wasted opportunity. As for Ben and Leia passing into the Force, at peace....wow. So a mother was glad her son died as it was 'the only way he could find peace'. I find that frankly revolting. A mother would want her child to live. Anything, I suppose, rather than letting him within an inch of Perfect Rey's virgin thighs.
And ....WHERE THEN, WAS HIS FG?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by unicorn Tue 15 Sep 2020, 11:41 am

Pffff, this whole "story" is utter nonsense. And now they try to shoehorn some sense into this mess. Not working.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 Sep 2020, 12:16 pm

By repeatedly defending this rubbish they're only making things worse. I wish they'd just shut up.

Damage is done. Skywalkers and Solos dead, Palpatine's seed lives. And what's to stop him coming back yet again?
Hopeful satisfying ending.....heroes bloodline exterminated. Heroine who loves 'green things' , yearns for family, ends up on a s***** desert planet with someone else's home, someone else's droid, and two dead people.

If they wanted people to take interest in it, they should bring back Ben Solo.

And please.....no 'Force conceived' child for Rey. Bad enough she's Mary Sue, don't make her into the Virgin Mary as well!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 16 Sep 2020, 1:08 am

Saracene wrote:“All you need to be a hero is passion and drive... oh and massive force abilities too.” Some egalitarian message.

How is a hero journey different to an everyman journey? Luke in the OT was a complete everyman, an ordinary farm boy swept into an adventure. No one referred to the Skywalkers before the ST as some sort of elite royal family. It honestly feels like a forced perspective to justify Rey’s central role in the ST, like Rey Nobody is correcting something and it’s “undemocratic” to just follow generations in a *family space soap opera*. Yes of course SW doesn’t have to be about the Skywalkers or family soap, but then have the balls to genuinely make movies about the new characters instead of forcing them into the centre of the family saga while coasting on familiarity and nostalgia. Also, how is Rey not a Chosen One when TLJ basically says that the force picked her to be Kylo’s light side counterpart? Sounds like a Chosen One to me.

Sorry but all these “Rey Nobody is revolutionary and subversive” claims are IMO totally misguided.
@Saracene

OK, so if she’s Rey Nobody, then we’re saying that yes, the Force picked her, and she has massive Force abilities— but they just happened. It wasn’t some genetic predisposition from a family of geniuses. She’s like Shakespeare if she’s Rey Nobody— a kid from a regular place with amazing natural talent. The people who insisted from TFA that Rey must be descended from some Important-to-the-Galaxy family reminded me of the people who insist that the person who wrote Shakespeare’s works had to be someone important like Sir Francis Bacon, not Will Shakespeare, some random dude from Stratford. And I loved the idea that she could come from nowhere and be that powerful, in opposition to Ben Solo, who had all that heavy legacy weighing on him. I started out liking the idea of Rey Kenobi or (if done right, which Good Lord, it wasn’t) Rey Palpatine— but after TLJ, Rey Nobody seemed perfect to me.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 16 Sep 2020, 6:54 am

I never understood the “she has to be related to explain her powers” thing, when the Skywalker family was always portrayed as an exception rather than the rule and there was no indication that the force powers had to be about special bloodlines.

For the same reason, I just don’t see Rey Nobody as any kind of game-changer for SW. I think people simply took the franchise’s focus on one single family as some sort of statement about the bloodlines that’s simply not there when you look at the world of SW as a whole. I mean, SW easily could have had a setup where force powers were the sole property of a small elite group of families who ruled the galaxy; then a complete nobody with powers would have been a genuine change to the status quo. But as is, Rey’s powers are business as usual and it’s Anakin and his decision to marry and have children that’s outside the norm.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Wed 16 Sep 2020, 2:51 pm

Saracene wrote:I never understood the “she has to be related to explain her powers” thing, when the Skywalker family was always portrayed as an exception rather than the rule and there was no indication that the force powers had to be about special bloodlines.

For the same reason, I just don’t see Rey Nobody as any kind of game-changer for SW. I think people simply took the franchise’s focus on one single family as some sort of statement about the bloodlines that’s simply not there when you look at the world of SW as a whole. I mean, SW easily could have had a setup where force powers were the sole property of a small elite group of families who ruled the galaxy; then a complete nobody with powers would have been a genuine change to the status quo. But as is, Rey’s powers are business as usual and it’s Anakin and his decision to marry and have children that’s outside the norm.
@Saracene

Yeah I think it was more a game changer for the fandom who became obsessed with the parentage theories and characters being related to each other. In the story someone having the force and not having force powerful lineage isn't out of the ordinary.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 18 Sep 2020, 11:46 am

Oh look, another person who cares about Ben and the ST characters. Probably won't happen, but still, it's nice to have friends.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Scree764
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 18 Sep 2020, 12:36 pm

I'll never forget the car numberplate
SOIO BEN

We are not alone!😆
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 Sep 2020, 10:41 am

Not TROS-related, but apparently another bounty hunter comic killed another pregnant women on page. Seriously, Ethan Sacks, what is up with you?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 15 Oct 2020, 11:39 am

Apparently Rose is getting a big role in the SW Lego holiday special, doesn't exactly make up for TROS though. They're also asking the question "What is Rey missing?" Gee, I dunno...

https://www.starwars.com/news/inside-the-heart-of-the-lego-star-wars-holiday-special
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 15 Oct 2020, 1:44 pm

Her humanity perhaps?

I can't help but think that Asian actors seem to get very little major roles in Western films and tv series. Plenty of black actors are now getting leading roles but Asians are far behind. They seem to be the forgotten people in the fight for equal rights, and roles.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 21 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm

It's the one-year anniversary of the theatrical TROS trailer, people got nostalgic today because it had given people so much hope and looked like it would actually be good, and made for people who were actually fans of the ST.

Meanwhile, online weirdos are still being weird about TLJ and how anyone could actually like it, and Rian continues to be great about it.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Scree770

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 29 Scree771
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

unicorn and DeeBee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 22 Oct 2020, 2:19 am

Rian's a genius, and I think he made the most mature and thought provoking SW film of all time.
I recently tried watching a reylo vid on youtube, and I'm so sorry but the magic's gone for me now - reylo is truly dead in the water. Sad Sad

Not so long ago I asked people on another forum why they were still hating on reylo and Ben because they got their wish - and their answer was that they would continue to despise the 'abusive' relationship (although it never happened) and Ben/Kylo (although his character had reduced screen time and was killed off and immediately forgotten). So, Disney bent over backwards to please these jerks and.....they still aren't happy.

Everyone lost.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 22 Oct 2020, 3:10 am

@californiagirl -haaaaa yeah. RJ paid me to see TLJ 5 times!!
JJ should have paid me to see TROS once!

@motherofpearl1 - I don’t expect them to ever change their opinion. I don’t expect I will change mine either.
What I don’t get is the presumption that everyone must have the same collective opinion or they are wrong. That it’s okay to disrespect others because they disagree with you- about a flipping movie! Such all or nothing, black and white thinking.

I had a random thought the other day..lol if only COVID hit 3 months earlier, or TROS was scheduled to be released in theatres May 2020!
However, that if only stuff isn’t helpful.... and the makers of TROS were convinced they had polished up the TROS turd to make it shiny with nostalgia anyway... so they probably wouldn’t have changed it.
I’m choosing to hope that the critical flop of TROS will inform better future storytelling out there with creators.. I’ll be ready to eat it up! I bet it has inspired wonderful reylo fans to create some amazing content that is gonna kick butts... I can see it now!

Hope everyone is hanging in there in these crazy times! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 22 Oct 2020, 4:06 am

I see Disney is losing a lot of money over the theme parks, as covid19 has closed many of them. Ironically if TROS had truly been a great movie then they could have rested on the laurels on the success of that, but it was a disaster area - they sacrificed the films for the theme parks and now they've lost out. Unfortunately the poor souls who work there are the ones suffering as they're losing their jobs.

I've been pretty burned by reylo so at the moment I'm enjoying Kylo/OFC fanfiction and some of the Cursed Nimulot stuff on AoA, and I'm doing my own therapy by writing a Ben Solo/Rose fic purely for my own pleasure. It's something to enjoy in these gloomy times.

I will say this - the talent of many of the writers who've written reylo far eclipses that of Terrio and Abrams. It's still hard to believe professionals could come up with such a poorly made film - it's a rip off of much better films such as Titanic, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the OT. And frankly Rey/Finn/Poe has to be the most uninteresting and dull bunch of heroes I've seen in a long time. The focus on them is one of the reasons I can't watch the film again all the way through. In the cinema I kept looking at my watch!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 11 Nov 2020, 10:01 pm

George described some of his ST ideas. Though I don't love Maul as a major villain, and the idea of the Jedi coming back could be divisive, there's some interesting ideas in here.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/george-lucas-plans-for-his-star-wars-sequels-were-more-1845643919
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 17 Nov 2020, 3:15 pm

I see John's at it again...sorry if this is already posted.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2558170/star-wars-john-boyega-reveals-honest-conversation-with-disney-after-his-criticisms-went-viral

And once again sorry if this has already been posted
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a31467348/star-wars-rey-end-rise-of-skywalker-tatooine/
sorry but I felt like reaching for a sick bucket after reading this
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 Nov 2020, 8:42 am

Motherofpearl, could you, please, stop a) posting old news/opinion pieces as new (there are clear dates so anything that isn't today or yesterday is old) and b) over-think everything? There is nothing to talk about anymore which is why people rarely post around here. There's no new development except on Mando front and new shows clearly won't be set in ST or post-ST era for the time-being. So there's nothing to read into either. It's like all those Jedi Finn fans who read too much into Jedi Finn skit in Lego Xmas Special. There's a huge difference between having a comic relief scene or two where Rey trains inept Finn in a TV cartoon and putting 200M+ in a production of such movie that will do much worse than TROS at the boxoffice. One is a cheap fan service, the other is Solo A Star Wars Story bomb in making. You know the answer whether they'll greenlight a bomb that they can see coming from miles away.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 18 Nov 2020, 1:54 pm

Ooops - consider my posterior thoroughly smacked! Embarassed

Seriously....I've noticed quite a few reylo blogs disappearing, and although fan fiction is doing well I wonder how long they will last. The fandom is winding down. We've accepted Disney isn't going to bring Ben/Kylo back and sadly Rey has lost her appeal for quite a few of us. Personally I've loved SW for forty two years, but have zero interest in what they are going to do moving forward. I'm not a CW or KOTOR fan, even Mando isn't the same, I've loved SW for the Solos and Skywalkers and whenever I look at anything SW related all I feel is depressed knowing the entire family is gone, there was no happy ending for them. Time to say goodbye permanently, I think, unlike Rey I would have liked to get to know Ben Solo but I'll always love Kylo Ren. Smile

Just realised it's almost a year since TROS was released.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Nov 2020, 11:44 am

It really is amazing how much fanfiction and fanart is still being produced, though I'm not part of those communities.

There was an interview the other day with Daisy which was poorly handled on the part of the interviewer, and which some people think she sounded pro-TROS, I honestly can't tell (I sort of think she doesn't care much either way), but she clearly conveyed she doesn't know what reprising her role as Rey would do when asked if she would return. Who knows, lots of SW actors swore they were done until they weren't. Disney's post-TROS timeline is between a rock and a hard place though.

They just put out that holiday special with the ST characters, saw some really good things about it, saw a few salty things too, might work myself up to watching it. Because really, it's a non-canon Lego parody-esque cartoon, people were building it up to be something it wasn't.

At least Mando's been good and keeping everyone attention, despite the weird controversy the other week where media outlets claimed angry toxic SW fans were trying to cancel baby Yoda for no reason (it was actually some fairly mild questioning if certain things were a little insensitive or tonally made sense). Fingers crossed they handle all these preexisting outside characters they've introduced well.

And SW is really starting to push the delayed High Republic stuff that comes out soon, who knows if that only attracts the hardcore fans or brings in new people. They're really aiming at all the age groups in their publishing, little kids to adults. Hopefully it's not boring, and like Mando, kind of trick the audience by initially making it look like something else. I suspect they will push the new animated show soon too. A lot of studios are struggling with production and distribution with the virus carrying on for so long, even Wonder Woman is going to a streaming service.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 19 Nov 2020, 6:45 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I think everyone deserved better than this.
What a wasted opportunity. As for Ben and Leia passing into the Force, at peace....wow. So a mother was glad her son died as it was 'the only way he could find peace'. I find that frankly revolting. A mother would want her child to live. Anything, I suppose, rather than letting him within an inch of Perfect Rey's virgin thighs.
And ....WHERE THEN, WAS HIS FG?

@motherofpearl1

You can tell this was written by two guys. Yep, no woman who had a child (ONLY child, really) would ever think like that. She would want him or her to live, no matter what. Repent, sure. Be imprisoned for life, maybe. But no mother wants their child to die. No matter what.

Yep, two men wrote this crap.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 20 Nov 2020, 2:01 am

You know, remember the fandom menace moaning about how Rian 'disrespected Luke' in TLJ....yet Leia was horribly disrespected in TROS. She herself made mistakes with Ben, she said so in TFA, in that her biggest mistake was to 'send him to Luke'. But we were led to believe she did this because she wanted him trained, and as a career politician she had no Jedi training.
But TROS retconned that. Leia DID have Jedi training yet chose to pack her only child off to space monastery because she apparently couldn't be a**** to train him herself. Instead she trained the woman who in all likelihood would end up killing him. She fawned over Palpatine's granddaughter while considering her own son irredeemable. She is seen smiling fondly at Palpatine's granddaughter as if Rey was her child, not Ben. Even the scene where she tried to reach Ben to me only came across as if she was trying to save Rey, not Ben. And at the end, the scene where Rey is smiling at the binary sunset....that should have been Ben doing that, not Rey. That smile was supposed to show Rey as happy and finally content with her life. Instead it looked as if she was smirking at having stolen everything that was rightfully his.
I honestly doubt Carrie would have approved of what they did with Leia. They butchered her character. I would rather she be killed off offscreen than what they did to her.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by orangedelamer Sat 21 Nov 2020, 4:28 pm

Darth Snoopy wrote:@motherofpearl1 @fuhry

Rian Johnson basically wrote them a strong step ladder to stand on for the next film, but instead they pushed it aside for a thin box of nostalgia and bad decisions. The story toppled, now I passive-aggressively laugh Laughing I have the smallest hope, that Disney and Lucasfilm, may adjust their steering - and not further damage the SW universe and brand through bad products
@Darth Snoopy

I want Rian Johnson's script version of episode 9 so bad! I want to know what was on his mind! Should we start a petition?

orangedelamer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy Mon 23 Nov 2020, 12:56 am

Hi.Very Happy  I'll reiterate that The Last Jedi is a strong middle chapter (though I always say I've a love/hate relationship with its third act) tongue  I don't think or know if Rian Johnson ever would have done episode  9, especially after the approx. 3 year process that was pre,  prep & production on TLJ?  It must have been gruelling and exhausting.

The accursed film that is TROS has unfortunately been released unto the Earth. And then 2020 happened.

After a film is released I (personally) think a petition for an alternate script/version is slightly pointless. Mayhaps, a fan petition for something else? I'd love it if Ben Solo could return, but that's a double edged sword - cause you never know how bad things can turn out (*has painful TROS flashbacks and faints*). lol!
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy Mon 23 Nov 2020, 1:02 am

@orangedelamer
Forgot to @ you in my last post. Sorry. Embarassed  Also, in my OLD post, I actually meant that Rian Johnson wrote TLJ as a "strong step ladder". Just wanted to clarify, hope I understood
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum