Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+35
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
Gemini
spacebaby45678
karamelreylo
Mila95
Moonlight13
Libra Vibora
Nyx
Piper Maru
rawpowah
reylo1992
KiraRen2015
Darth_marshmallow
Moonjump05
Cowgirlsamurai
SW_Heroine_Journey
MaddieDove
snufkin
Kylo Rey
AhsokaTano
special_cases
unicorn
Saracene
Darth Snoopy
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
fuhry
DeeBee
vaderito
motherofpearl1
Geralt_Riv
Atenais
californiagirl
39 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 04 Jul 2023, 2:56 am

Well said, Kira.
I've seen reylos demonised on so many internet sites it's heartbreaking. We've been accused of racism (shipping Rey/Kylo, not Finn/Rey) supporters of abuse, being 'toxic' to other fans...and in my case 'a disgrace to the SW fandom for liking the character who killed Han Solo'. I pointed out to the latter that it was actually Harrison Ford who killed Han Solo; they did not like that one bit and said so!

I was banned from the FICM because they have been completely taken over by Finn fans whose loathing for Kylo is so over the top it made me laugh - until they started on Adam himself, not his character. I was shocked to see a respected news site describe Reylo - and also Kylux, lol - as 'white supremacist ships.' I got into a heated argument on a news site of all places when a poster started going on about how disgusting reylo shippers were, because it promotes the 'abuse of women'. I've seen the same people who call reylos disgusting defending John Boyega post his reprehensible behaviour on twitter and bemoaning his 'shocking treatment' by RJ Rolling Eyes while ignoring how Kelly Tran was treated.

I have to say I am flabbergasted at the level of spite and venom, and that it continues to this day, four years after the final chapter in the Skywalker saga ended, and the Ben Solo/Kylo Ren character was killed off. I've decided to bow out of other SW fan forums, not because the members/mods were unpleasant - they weren't - but because one of them nicely asked me to say something positive about SW 'for a change'....and I realised I have nothing 'positive' to say. I loved it for over forty years but I've had to accept my love centred around the Skywalker/Solo characters and now they are gone - and in such an ignoble way - there is nothing left for me to like. The heroes of the ST just aren't as charismatic and memorable as the heroes of the OT. Not the fault of the actors; you can only do so much with what you're given. The best character was Kylo, and I'm not the only one who sees that; many film goers and critics have repeatedly said the same. I suspect much of the reason for erasing him lies not just with the likes of DLF and Terrio, but also the rise to prominence of several political activist groups and their resulting influence on entertainment these days.

One of the more 'normal' posters on the FICM once said that it's a shame to sacrifice story to promote an agenda....and they were right. SW has ceased to be an entertainment franchise and is now simply a propaganda machine. Rey herself has turned into little more than a symbol of extreme Jedi dogma rather than a relatable human being, and I find this very sad - they completely destroyed her character and she had so much potential.

Even sadder is Daisy appears fine with this; she was perfectly happy with how TROS ended and bemoaned its poor reception when she said 'it was made with love.'
I recently saw a twitter comment which appeared to hint Adam isn't going to be involved with the Fantastic Four film after all; some speculate he 'priced himself out of it', but if this is true, I suspect him backing out is more to do with how he was treated in TROS. He played arguably the most important character in the films, the last Skywalker, and they literally threw said character down a hole - I would have been heartbroken in his shoes, and I'm still impressed how he responded to this with dignity and class unlike Boyega (Kelly and Domhnall showed the same restraint.) The FF franchise is owned by Disney as well....if Adam wants nothing more to do with them I don't blame him one bit.

I've noticed a lot of reylos are closing their tumblr accounts; I was deeply saddened to see one of them, @allgirlsareprincesses, go recently. She was a favourite of mine and is currently writing a stunning Nimulot fic on AoA which I really hope she continues with. People are no longer 'shipping' reylo because of the character assassination of Rey, and the forthcoming film is the last straw. Ironically it still doesn't stop the trolls. And yes, it IS petulant but I will be chuckling if Finn doesn't turn up in Rey's new film; maybe his obsessed fans on the FICM will know how we feel! Petty yes...but so are DLF these days.
They won't be getting any more money off me; this jaded old SW fan has had enough.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 10 Jul 2023, 6:31 am

KiraRen2015 wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Sorry to double post...but four years post TROS and they are doing what many of us on this thread were convinced they wouldn't do...
......make a film with Holy Rey  as its central protagonist, introducing a 'new Jedi Order'. Sigh...

It's sad but also amusing because no one wants it. Not fans whether hardcore or casual, not the remaining Reylos left in the wild and definitely not the GA. I have a feeling it will bomb tbh.

Honestly this whole experience a few years back taught me such a valuable lesson. It taught me to just take media with a pinch of salt and not get too attached to characters, ships or theories. At the end of the day, it just wastes valuable time and energy. That being said, I'll never forget how we were treated from the time TFA came out to now.
@KiraRen2015

I know it's not a nice thing to say, but to be honest, if the new movie bombs, part of me will feel very satisfied.  It seems like they just want to keep doubling down on their mistakes and trying to shove Rey Fakewalker down our throats and I'm sick of it.  They're just probably going to give us more garbage that no one wants or asked for.  I guess I shouldn't speak too soon, because obviously I have no idea what the new movie will be about.  Maybe it will be fantastic.  I seriously doubt it, given their track record, but I guess anything is possible.  And if they do give us a good story, and somehow manage to fix the garbage ending of TROS and bring Ben back and give him the ending he deserved, then I will be very happy as well as shocked that DLF will have FINALLY gotten something right after all this time.  But that seems highly unlikely, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 10 Jul 2023, 6:41 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Well said, Kira.
I've seen reylos demonised on so many internet sites it's heartbreaking. We've been accused of racism (shipping Rey/Kylo, not Finn/Rey) supporters of abuse, being 'toxic' to other fans...and in my case 'a disgrace to the SW fandom for liking the character who killed Han Solo'. I pointed out to the latter that it was actually Harrison Ford who killed Han Solo; they did not like that one bit and said so!

I was banned from the FICM because they have been completely taken over by Finn fans whose loathing for Kylo is so over the top it made me laugh - until they started on Adam himself, not his character. I was shocked to see a respected news site describe Reylo - and also Kylux, lol - as 'white supremacist ships.' I got into a heated argument on a news site of all places when a poster started going on about how disgusting reylo shippers were, because it promotes the 'abuse of women'. I've seen the same people who call reylos disgusting defending John Boyega post his reprehensible behaviour on twitter and bemoaning his 'shocking treatment' by RJ Rolling Eyes while ignoring how Kelly Tran was treated.

I have to say I am flabbergasted at the level of spite and venom, and that it continues to this day, four years after the final chapter in the Skywalker saga ended, and the Ben Solo/Kylo Ren character was killed off. I've decided to bow out of other SW fan forums, not because the members/mods were unpleasant - they weren't - but because one of them nicely asked me to say something positive about SW 'for a change'....and I realised I have nothing 'positive' to say. I loved it for over forty years but I've had to accept my love centred around the Skywalker/Solo characters and now they are gone - and in such an ignoble way - there is nothing left for me to like. The heroes of the ST just aren't as charismatic and memorable as the heroes of the OT. Not the fault of the actors; you can only do so much with what you're given. The best character was Kylo, and I'm not the only one who sees that; many film goers and critics have repeatedly said the same. I suspect much of the reason for erasing him lies not just with the likes of DLF and Terrio, but also the rise to prominence of several political activist groups and their resulting influence on entertainment these days.

One of the more 'normal' posters on the FICM once said that it's a shame to sacrifice story to promote an agenda....and they were right. SW has ceased to be an entertainment franchise and is now simply a propaganda machine. Rey herself has turned into little more than a symbol of extreme Jedi dogma rather than a relatable human being, and I find this very sad - they completely destroyed her character and she had so much potential.

Even sadder is Daisy appears fine with this; she was perfectly happy with how TROS ended and bemoaned its poor reception when she said 'it was made with love.'
I recently saw a twitter comment which appeared to hint Adam isn't going to be involved with the Fantastic Four film after all; some speculate he 'priced himself out of it', but if this is true, I suspect him backing out is more to do with how he was treated in TROS. He played arguably the most important character in the films, the last Skywalker, and they literally threw said character down a hole - I would have been heartbroken in his shoes, and I'm still impressed how he responded to this with dignity and class unlike Boyega (Kelly and Domhnall showed the same restraint.) The FF franchise is owned by Disney as well....if Adam wants nothing more to do with them I don't blame him one bit.

I've noticed a lot of reylos are closing their tumblr accounts; I was deeply saddened to see one of them, @allgirlsareprincesses, go recently. She was a favourite of mine and is currently writing a stunning Nimulot fic on AoA which I really hope she continues with. People are no longer 'shipping' reylo because of the character assassination of Rey, and the forthcoming film is the last straw. Ironically it still doesn't stop the trolls. And yes, it IS petulant but I will be chuckling if Finn doesn't turn up in Rey's new film; maybe his obsessed fans on the FICM will know how we feel! Petty yes...but so are DLF these days.
They won't be getting any more money off me; this jaded old SW fan has had enough.
@motherofpearl1
You made so many good points in your post, I was just nodding in agreement while I was reading it.

I was actually just thinking recently about how Harrison Ford wanted them to kill off Han Solo long before TFA and Kylo came along.  The antis might not like it, but it’s true! Laughing

I’m sorry you were banned from FICM, but that place sounds unpleasant, to say the least.  I remember the old Reylo thread there back in the early TFA days, and they treated us like garbage right from the very beginning.  Angry  It’s probably better to just not be around that kind of toxicity.

I remember Daisy talking about TROS in interviews and yes, she really did seem happy with the way things ended, which I find very puzzling, but to each their own, I guess.  I don’t think most of the other actors were happy with the ending.  Personally, I think every one of them got the short end of the stick.  Their characters all deserved so much better, and Kelly, Domhnall, and Adam were all very professional in spite of the way they were treated.  I would be disappointed, but I would totally understand if Adam didn’t want to come back if they asked him.  Although hopefully if they do ask him, it will be because they realize how poorly they treated him and they want to try to fix Kylo/Ben’s story and the horrible ending of the ST in general.  At the very least, it would be nice if they gave him more dialog than just “Ow” for like the whole last half of the movie.  Rolling Eyes  I still find that to be absolutely incredible.

As I said in my post above to KiraRen2015, if DLF continues their Rey Fakewalker nonsense in this next movie, then I hope it bombs.  I know that is petty, but I don’t care.  I am so sick of their nonsense and the garbage they keep trying to shove down our throats, especially when it’s clear that like 99.9% of the fandom wants nothing to do with it.  But if they want to keep wasting big $$$$$, then that’s their problem.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 10 Jul 2023, 7:04 am

@kira - I know exactly how you feel. The Little Mermaid wasn't a big hit, and apparently a lot of it was rewritten from the original to make Eric much more passive and Ariel 'the' main focus; they even 'consulted' #metoo (yup, them again) and altered the lyrics to Kiss the Girl so it was clear 'Eric wasn't kissing Ariel against her will'. Rolling Eyes
I honestly don't know what they think they are doing - I like strong female characters but not at the expense of male characters being...manly! None of us want wimpy heroes, for crying out loud! I don't recognise Rey now, I'm genuinely surprised Daisy seems fine with it, but to quote a disgruntled former reylo...'you couldn't pay me to watch' this film.

@kyla - I'd love an 'Obi Wan' style series bringing back Ben Solo; tv work for streaming pays a LOT of money nowadays and as Adam really liked playing Kylo he might be tempted to come back - if they were nice to him!
Thing is...I very much want Ben to find love, but there seems little chance of it being with Rey, not just because of how she has been essentially 'rewritten' but because Daisy stated very firmly she can't 'personally get behind' reylo. It's a shame because they had a real chemistry. Neutral
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31