Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars

+14
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
Moonlight13
Irina de France
Kylo Rey
TheBastardofMandalore
vaderito
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
jakkusun
panki
Moonjump05
Force22
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 19 Jul 2018, 5:16 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:I don't watch TCW but I haven't seen the SW fandom this united and happy... since the first TFA trailer. So literal best received news in years, lol. The difference in hype for this and Resistance is also hilarious. The internet would probably break if they ever decide to do a show with Luke and Ben leading up to the years before TFA.
@Kylo Rey

Very Happy

It was presumed this Comic Con would be owned by Warner Brothers this year. lol I thought so too, until I heard whispers that the Clone Wars panel may be more than it appears. I then thought, "Buckle your seat belt Warner Brothers!"
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Jul 2018, 6:09 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:I don't watch TCW but I haven't seen the SW fandom this united and happy... since the first TFA trailer. So literal best received news in years, lol. The difference in hype for this and Resistance is also hilarious. The internet would probably break if they ever decide to do a show with Luke and Ben leading up to the years before TFA.
@Kylo Rey

I also haven't seen a ton of TCW (there's over 100 episodes!), but I did semi-keep up with the show's progress online.

Agree that this is the happiest I've seen SW fandom as a whole in my memory, but I'd argue the supposed return of Billy Dee as Lando in IX had a similar effect a couple weeks ago. It's truly bizarre to see everyone so chipper together. You know your fandom has a problem when that seems weird.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 19 Jul 2018, 6:35 pm

californiagirl wrote:
@Kylo Rey

I also haven't seen a ton of TCW (there's over 100 episodes!), but I did semi-keep up with the show's progress online.

Agree that this is the happiest I've seen SW fandom as a whole in my memory, but I'd argue the supposed return of Billy Dee as Lando in IX had a similar effect a couple weeks ago. It's truly bizarre to see everyone so chipper together. You know your fandom has a problem when that seems weird.
@californiagirl

Even with Lando there was a lot of people bemoaning how LFL are bringing him back just to kill him off. This has just been pure positivity, as far as I can tell. Nearly every reply under the trailer from the official twitter account is positive, which is a bit weird and surreal after months of seeing bombardment of hate tweets.

Disney is really ramping up the SW content though. It's such a good time to be a fan! With the recent branching out into the prequels (with Solo and now TCW), there seems to be something for all parts of the fandom. Books, games, shows, comics etc are really in full gear now. Not to mention IX starts filming very soon. This got me thinking again of that Matt Martin tweet about how they are deciding the right medium for Snoke/Ben etc. which makes me think it's going to be something bigger than a comic book or novel.

Edit: Found the tweet.

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Img_0810

'Frankly, that's a big story to tell.'
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 19 Jul 2018, 7:09 pm

Yo, I am hype. This should cover all the end of war events of my two favs: Ahsoka and Rex.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Empty Clone Wars

Post by californiagirl Thu 19 Jul 2018, 7:41 pm

@Kylo Rey And there's a whole panel dedicated to SW publishing tomorrow as well! I also noticed that some of the books and comics LF is putting out, plus now Clone Wars, are really prequel era-centric. Disney is fully owning the prequels, and whatever one's opinions on those movies might be, that's kind of admirable, even sort of brave.

The positivity of SW Twitter today just makes me want to spam this thread with more happy tweets. Here's Andi. Rian liked the same tweet as she did too.

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Scree282
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 19 Jul 2018, 8:32 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

WE'RE SAVED REYLO WHAT IS REYLO
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 20 Jul 2018, 12:03 am

The Clone Wars Returns thread has been merged with this one. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 20 Jul 2018, 1:58 am

Irina de France wrote:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

WE'RE SAVED REYLO WHAT IS REYLO
@Irina de France

Lmao yeah, that sounds like why the fanboys/general fans are happy. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 20 Jul 2018, 1:59 pm

My heart lept when I first saw this yesterday. Tears were shed Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 20 Jul 2018, 2:06 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:Yo, I am hype. This should cover all the end of war events of my two favs: Ahsoka and Rex.
@Moonjump05

Thank you! (This helps explain to me one of the reasons why it is important between Episodes 2 and 3 - new to SW because of ST). Was it confirmed or theory - ?? but I read somewhere that the old man seen in RTJ on Endor is Rex, yet Ahsoka (and maybe Resistance will answer it too) is a mystery with the OT.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 21 Jul 2018, 6:48 am

vaderito wrote:This is all that matters:

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Unknown

General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Unknown
@vaderito

Wow. great eye vaderito!

Squeeeeeee!!! This is great news! Okay I really need to get my act together and finishing watching all this show!

FYI there is a new article on starwars.com about the announcement.. with more details and cool Dave Filoni artwork..
https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-12-things-we-learned-from-the-star-wars-the-clone-wars-panel
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:19 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:Yo, I am hype. This should cover all the end of war events of my two favs: Ahsoka and Rex.
@Moonjump05

Thank you! (This helps explain to me one of the reasons why it is important between Episodes 2 and 3 - new to SW because of ST). Was it confirmed or theory - ?? but I read somewhere that the old man seen in RTJ on Endor is Rex, yet Ahsoka (and maybe Resistance will answer it too) is a mystery with the OT.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Well, considering Ahsoka is shown with Bo-Katan (the armored person in the hologram) it must be the Siege of Mandalore which is where Ahsoka and Rex were at during RotS. Rebels answers a bit of where they are during the OT, Resistance will be too far in the future for Rex definitely (my poor fast aging clones Crying or Very sad )
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 25 Jul 2018, 1:22 am

If needed or wanted, starwars.com posted THE chronological order of The Clone Wars.  Smile

It was within (hyperlinked words 'chronological rewatch') an article posted today (7/24/2018) "OUR FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS" https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-favorites

"STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS CHRONOLOGICAL EPISODE ORDER" posted MARCH 17, 2014
"StarWars.com presents an official chronological order of the show’s 121 episodes, as well as the feature film that started it all. "

Wow, it really jumped around...aired out of order!!!  For example, official chronological order #1 was episode # 216 (Season 2, Episode 16)

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 01 Aug 2018, 4:28 am

starwars.com wrote: Whether you’re celebrating the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, patiently looking forward to all-new episodes in the series revival, or perhaps find yourself one of the remaining Star Wars fans who has always meant to dive into the award-winning animated series, now is the perfect time to watch (or rewatch) Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Join StarWars.com every Tuesday and Thursday as we chronicle our chronological rewatch of the entire series and film! Watch along with us, share your thoughts on your favorite moments, characters, and story arcs, and read our recaps breaking down each episode and its ties to the saga and beyond. We’ll kick things off...  
source: https://www.starwars.com/news/were-rewatching-star-wars-the-clone-wars
follow the link to read the full article.
This sounds fun! I just ordered season 1 and 2 on dvd, so I may actually watch along with starwars.com - the chronological order rewatch sounds great. Anyone else planning on watching? It doesn't seem like there is a location for people to congregate on line - i can only guess there will be an article on Starwars.com to correspond to the episode or whatever. I guess.. as you usual.. we'll see! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 01 Aug 2018, 5:50 am

Aaah the chronological order. For me it wasn't a rewatch but a first watch. It was good, but in the end I almost had had enough of constantly changing the disks to keep this order.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 19 Sep 2018, 2:04 pm

I feel so valitated right now!

George Lucas' TCW favorite episode is "A Sunny Day in the Void", one of the most hated episode of the serie and one of my favorite.
General Discussion - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 2 Image_ab8202d2

I loved the story, the setting and the characters. It was different from the usual episodes but I liked the originality, it was refreshing after all those war episodes.
It also has droids and I can't resist them. Love

https://twitter.com/dan_brooks/status/1042112902411431936
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Oct 2018, 8:04 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:@DeeBee
...It's unrelated but I'm curious, did you watch the Clone Wars along with starwars.com?)
@LadyGaufrette
Sorry for my delay in responding LadyGaufrette, I saw you tag me and couldn't reply at the time.. and I got side tracked by life.. and The Mandalorian! lol. I've moved this comment over from the the resistance thread.

My watch of the clone wars is ummm going very slowly! I've been under deadline with work commitments so less time for SW at the moment.. but I have bought seasons 1 and 2 and I'm watching in chronological order. I'm in the middle of the movie where we meet Ahsoka. lol not very far long.. but I am enjoying it!

Anyone else watching the clone wars through in chronological order?

I'm still plugging away at Thrawn Alliances LadyGaufrette - I know you've finished it (and you loved it if I recall correctly?).. I'm holding off reading comments in that thread now till I've gotten through that book...

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 13 Oct 2018, 6:33 am

@DeeBee
Don't worry about delay in responding DeeBee, I'm the last person who would blame you (because I also have delay in responding people Embarassed).
Glad you are enjoying it so far. I can't recall, did you know Ahsoka in other media before watching TCW?

I'm still plugging away at Thrawn Alliances LadyGaufrette - I know you've finished it (and you loved it if I recall correctly?).. I'm holding off reading comments in that thread now till I've gotten through that book...

Sorry, wrong person. Laughing
I still have to read the first Thrawn book. I'm trying to avoid spoiler like you, but I can't stay away from this thread.
However SW_Heroine_Journey and SanghaRen have read Thrawn Alliances, maybe you were thinking of one of them.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 13 Oct 2018, 5:10 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:@DeeBee
Don't worry about delay in responding DeeBee, I'm the last person who would blame you (because I also have delay in responding people Embarassed).
Glad you are enjoying it so far. I can't recall, did you know Ahsoka in other media before watching TCW?

Sorry, wrong person. Laughing
I still have to read the first Thrawn book. I'm trying to avoid spoiler like you, but I can't stay away from this thread.
However SW_Heroine_Journey and SanghaRen have read Thrawn Alliances, maybe you were thinking of one of them.
@LadyGaufrette

oh rofl! See you can tell I haven't gone back into that thread! haaaaa...

I only know of Ahsoka from the odd clone wars episodes I had seen (saw Mortis arcc) and a random rebels ep or two.
I've bought season1 of rebels so one day I'll get onto that too!

Are you watching in chronological order LadyGaufrette? I'm wondering if anyone who saw it in airing order has gone on to watch it again in chronological order, and if this has changed their experience?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

@DeeBee
My first experience with TCW was seeing the movie and a few episodes of season 1, then I moved one. I stumbled on the Mortis arc one day but after that i didn't watch more.
After seeing Rogue one and learning Saw Guerrera was from TCW, I told myself it would be nice to see the entire TCW. I searched more info and found out about the chronological order.

So to answer you, I didn't saw it in airing order and as I saw it in chronological order last year, I don't feel the need to saw it along with starwars.com.

From the comments I saw when I did my search, people did not see much differences in watching the airing order or the chronological order since most episodes had deconnected stories. Futhermore, it concerns mostly seasons 1 and 2 since the episodes are in order in other seasons.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:24 pm

DeeBee wrote:
The new clone wars season is only 4 episodes?! Indeed - anything is possible! Could be a Mandalore deluge headed our way!
@DeeBee

I've moved your comment over from the other thread to stay on topic.
12 episodes were announced for the new season but before that, Disney had released 8 animatics episodes, the clone wars legacy.
Those are incomplete episodes but they are still 'watchable' for some people. The animation is rather special so I understand that others can't watch them.
The speculation is that Disney will finalize those 8 episodes (they're almost complete, so it will not cost that much) since a scene from the trailer comes from The Bad Batch episode.
The 4 remaining episodes would be the Mandalore arc that happen before and during ROTS and is seen as the final of TCW.

If you're curious about the animatic episodes, you can find them here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4FoXJQE08&list=PL56HvPdcoDBawjnfYPwN9klaroPfqUtZf
S07E01 : A Death on Utapau
S07E02 : In Search of the Crystal
S07E03 : Crystal Crisis
S07E04 : The Big Bang
S07E05 : The Bad Batch
S07E06 : A Distant Echo
S07E07 : On the Wings of Keeradaks
S07E08 : Unfinished Business
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 15 Oct 2018, 4:32 pm

Thanks LadyGaufrette!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm

Watched the celebration panel! So awesome! My love for Captain Rex is alive!
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 18 May 2019, 10:40 am

I'm currently, albeit slowly, watching The Clone Wars for the first time. Mostly chronologically, since I am still at the first season (just watched 301 and 303 before continuing with 119, the Ryloth arc). My daughter watched the series at Cartoon Network when she was small, and now we are watching family-style, one or two episodes over dinner, with her and my husband.

I very much like getting to know in more detail the characters and species that I've been seeing everywhere (SW art, fanfics), so I am finally not lagging behind everyone too much, lol. I already love Ahsoka, and it's always a great joy to follow Anakin's and Obi-Wan's character and relationship development. I also love all episodes with clone troopers, we have a tender place in our hearts for them. But I'm hyped the most to experience some great story arcs for the first time - I expect very much from Nightsisters, Mortis, Ahsoka, Darth Maul and Mandalorian arcs. This will keep me occupied with (for me) fresh stories until TROS. Smile
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 18 May 2019, 6:25 pm

@MaddieDove - same here MaddieDove! I'm up to the first half of season 2.
I love Ahsoka too!!!
You may overtake me though because I spread myself out with reading the novels and comics too. Only so many SW hours in a week huh!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next