Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

+35
MissG
BenRey
IoJovi
Kylo Ren
Libra Vibora
Xylo Ren
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
Search Your Feelings
Kalianah
rey09
Darth Rowan
BastilaBey
Sforza
panki
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
Saracene
vaderito
Little_Boots
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MissHarper
Airemyn
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Dementor
Reynak
Kessel
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
MoonFyre
Rogue Rey
Force22
39 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Empty Re: Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

Post by IoJovi Fri 27 May 2016, 7:31 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:@BastilaBey

No doubt that Star Wars always being about the Skywalkers, in TFA it's already clear that we're having a Skywalker who lost her husband and son, a Skywalker who lost his will to fight and a Skywalker who currently lost in the dark. All are connected to a scavenger, Rey and by saving just one of them she will manage to save them all. This also a story of a runaway StormTrooper, Finn, who just want to be free and maybe start a family of his own. I feels like TFA is trying to establish two different view point of the same event, the first POV are the heroes and the second POV regarding the normal people who try to survive and become a hero in their own way. So there are definitely two different types of romances are going to happens to satisfied both POV
@Sylvia Snow

This post honestly made me tear up a little . If I could give this post 10 likes I would!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Empty Re: Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends!

Post by Saracene Sat 28 May 2016, 7:23 am

vaderito wrote:@Jakku Finn standing on her head is a damage you wouldn't wish on anyone. That was just Laughing but not in a good way. Not "laughing with" but "laughing at". Yeah, VIII is going to be much better without their sitcom. They just went overboard with how childlike the characters are and made them childish and eye-rolling. They'll do much better in separate plots, interacting with characters with them they had better interaction in VII (Rey and Kylo, Finn and Poe). New characters (Luke in Rey plot, KMT in Finn's) will keep those old dynamics fresh.
@vaderito

I rather suspect that even when they do reunite, Rey and Finn's interactions will no longer be childish. They both (hopefully) would be far too grown up by then to fall back into the YA cutesiness (which I actually didn't mind, but it's something of a relief when Han shows up - finally, an adult).
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 28 May 2016, 7:29 am

Saracene wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Jakku Finn standing on her head is a damage you wouldn't wish on anyone. That was just Laughing but not in a good way. Not "laughing with" but "laughing at". Yeah, VIII is going to be much better without their sitcom. They just went overboard with how childlike the characters are and made them childish and eye-rolling. They'll do much better in separate plots, interacting with characters with them they had better interaction in VII (Rey and Kylo, Finn and Poe). New characters (Luke in Rey plot, KMT in Finn's) will keep those old dynamics fresh.
@vaderito

I rather suspect that even when they do reunite, Rey and Finn's interactions will no longer be childish. They both (hopefully) would be far too grown up by then to fall back into the YA cutesiness (which I actually didn't mind, but it's something of a relief when Han shows up - finally, an adult).
@Saracene

I mean, if you think about it, the latter half of TFA was pretty dark, so they used the Finn and Rey interactions to appease the kids and keep the first half of the movie light-hearted.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 28 May 2016, 7:42 am

Mana wrote:

I mean, if you think about it, the latter half of TFA was pretty dark, so they used the Finn and Rey interactions to appease the kids and keep the first half of the movie light-hearted.
@Mana

You can appease the kids with some intelligent stuff. I remember how enthralled with Avatar they were and that movie didn't throw kiddie crap on them. Bottom line is, Rey and Finn interaction didn't have to be so kiddie and dumb. Talking at the same time, standing on her head, rathars, hand holding, are you kidding me? Moreover, that awful scene where he drinks from that big animal's well. Oy! That was Worst of 3PO and Jar Jar level humor.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 28 May 2016, 7:49 am

vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:

@Mana

You can appease the kids with some intelligent stuff. I remember how enthralled with Avatar they were and that movie didn't throw kiddie crap on them. Bottom line is, Rey and Finn interaction didn't have to be so kiddie and dumb. Talking at the same time, standing on her head, rathars, hand holding, are you kidding me? Moreover, that awful scene where he drinks from that big animal's well. Oy! That was Worst of 3PO and Jar Jar level humor.
@vaderito

but the kids loved it, it was funny and they laughed along to it...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Sat 28 May 2016, 8:13 am

vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

I'm not sure why you hate Finn and Rey's interactions so much, I think it was sweet and funny. No threat to Kylo and Rey at all, but you seem to perceive it as so. Remember Star Wars is a family film at the end of the day, they need to have some interactions in the film that appeal to children.

@MeadowofAshes I totally agree, I'm 30 too and if I was in that position I would have been flirting from the moment he took off his mask Laughing when I was 19 though, I would have been far too embarrassed to say anything, much like how she behaved.
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 28 May 2016, 8:34 am

vaderito wrote:@Airemyn I would appreciate if my dislike for particulary badly written scenes was not interpreted as "threat to my ship". I would find that inane humor, that absolutely doesn't work on repeat viewings, bad and unwatchable under any circumstances (read: if there was no reylo) because I have above average taste in movies. This is the second time you mis-interpret my dislike for their scenes the same way even though I explained myself already. Please remember it so that we don't have this discussion again. Thank you.
@vaderito
George Lucas very much envisioned that the story was meant more for kids than anybody else, and JJ undoubtedly carried that notion along in TFA. It's what makes Star Wars what it is, what makes it so safe to predict that Kylo will never die unredeemed. Being a lover of children's literature and storytelling in general I guess I have an appreciation for even the parts of family-friendly entertainment that are meant to appeal more to the younger crowd. Without it Star Wars wouldn't be the same franchise, and if it wasn't the same franchise then Kylo might really have represented the notion that people can't change no matter how hard they try. But Star Wars isn't like that. People don't bring their kids to Star Wars to watch Han and Leia's tragic and dark (but highly sympathetic) son that kids absolutely adore get killed off without character development.

Having an opinion is not the problem. That should never be a problem. It's presenting that opinion in such a visceral way. That's what causes others to misinterpret the intent behind the words. That said, I do not care to repeat FinnHateDay2k16.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 28 May 2016, 8:48 am

Airemyn wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:

@Mana

@vaderito

I'm not sure why you hate Finn and Rey's interactions so much, I think it was sweet and funny. No threat to Kylo and Rey at all, but you seem to perceive it as so. Remember Star Wars is a family film at the end of the day, they need to have some interactions in the film that appeal to children.

@MeadowofAshes I totally agree, I'm 30 too and if I was in that position I would have been flirting from the moment he took off his mask Laughing when I was 19 though, I would have been far too embarrassed to say anything, much like how she behaved.
@Airemyn

I would have been too, probably even at 24 or 25. "Oh no, he's hot! Just don't look at him!" Laughing I'm looking forward to that moment in VIII when her hair comes down because it's a sign she's maturing. And I hope that means she'll start picking up on and owning the UST that's so thick it could be cut with a knife.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Empty Rey and Finn

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 28 May 2016, 3:03 pm

Rey & Finn begin TFA at the top of the hero's journey cycle.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra Vibora Sat 28 May 2016, 5:18 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Image13

@BastilaBey

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 80309e28b48ce2aa4d26100caf035127

So much  Finnrey being "canonically/officially supported" as a romance.
Libra Vibora
Libra Vibora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 28 May 2016, 5:28 pm

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 2r57rch
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 28 May 2016, 5:32 pm

Honestly the concept of a romance between those two felt more incestuous than between her and Ren. Because he really is like her brother.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 28 May 2016, 5:41 pm

snufkin wrote:Honestly the concept of a romance between those two felt more incestuous than between her and Ren. Because he really is like her brother.
@snufkin

That's how I see it too. It was pretty clear to me that JJ let Daisy and John's real life "best buddies" chemistry steer the dynamic between them  because they were always meant to become fast friends and surrogate family to each other, not future lovers.  Their final scene cemented their dynamic; they're like family.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 28 May 2016, 6:20 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
snufkin wrote:Honestly the concept of a romance between those two felt more incestuous than between her and Ren. Because he really is like her brother.
@snufkin

That's how I see it too. It was pretty clear to me that JJ let Daisy and John's real life "best buddies" chemistry steer the dynamic between them  because they were always meant to become fast friends and surrogate family to each other, not future lovers.  Their final scene cemented their dynamic; they're like family.
@Kessel89

They were never meant to be anything else and considering that most people expect them to hook up cause convenient, saying that they are just friends isn't misdirection or Mystery Box cause there's no mystery when everyone expects something.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 29 May 2016, 12:52 am

vaderito wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
@snufkin

@Kessel89

They were never meant to be anything else and considering that most people expect them to hook up cause convenient, saying that they are just friends isn't misdirection or Mystery Box cause there's no mystery when everyone expects something.
@vaderito

shipping Finnrey is more incest that anything, since they are like family to each other....look how the tables have turned Twisted Evil
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 12:39 pm

From another thread:

Irina de France wrote:I saw the comments about Doctor Who, and I have to say I think DW companions are great examples of well-done female characters. I'm not so much a fan of Rose, so I won't comment about her (no offense if you like her, though), but we get really good examples with the other characters. Martha Jones? She wasn't perfect, and her crush on the Doctor was a bit annoying at times, but she was able to get over it (and not only at the very end) and never made it the center of her life, she was very intelligent (and not just book-smart) and capable, and she was able to keep a straight face in tough situations ("The Family of Blood", anyone?). Donna Noble? She was an annoying, loud and obnoxious lady at the beginning, but it was all because she had hidden depths. She didn't become perfect, at the end of her journey, but she did grow a lot and became the most important woman in the universe, and she's considered by many to be the best NewWho companion.

@Irina de France

Speaking of Donna - one of the reasons I think she's well loved is because of her friendship with the Doctor. There was nothing romantic or sexual between them, just a pure, platonic friendship. Not only is a platonic friendship between a straight man and woman rare in fiction, and extremely rare in movies and TV, but this one was also amazingly well-developed, smart and funny, and they were there for each other and each other's equals in many ways. You could also compare their friendship to that of Finn and Rey's friendship in some ways, in the sense that it is a platonic friendship between a man and a woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 31 May 2016, 4:49 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:@BastilaBey

No doubt that Star Wars always being about the Skywalkers, in TFA it's already clear that we're having a Skywalker who lost her husband and son, a Skywalker who lost his will to fight and a Skywalker who currently lost in the dark. All are connected to a scavenger, Rey and by saving just one of them she will manage to save them all. This also a story of a runaway StormTrooper, Finn, who just want to be free and maybe start a family of his own. I feels like TFA is trying to establish two different view point of the same event, the first POV are the heroes and the second POV regarding the normal people who try to survive and become a hero in their own way. So there are definitely two different types of romances are going to happens to satisfied both POV
@Sylvia Snow

This post honestly made me tear up a little . If I could give this post 10 likes I would!
@IoJovi

I'll second that. Sad
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

Finally found that Daisy Ridley friendship quote from an interview she did - it took me ages lol!

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Tumblr_o0d88moBBq1qey15po1_500

Why Finn and Rey are an awesome duo, of friends! - Page 10 Tumblr_o0d88moBBq1qey15po2_500

Credit: http://reylooo.tumblr.com/post/141490749843/rey-ridley-daisy-ridley-when-asked-about-a

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

This is an interesting post about why Finn is as much of a main prtagonsit as Rey is  and why he is not just Rey's side kick.I'm not sure I agree wih everything but the author makes some good points:

http://rex-luscus.tumblr.com/post/146228397937/the-case-for-tfas-dual-protagonists

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:18 pm

CienaRee wrote:This is an interesting post about why Finn is as much of a main prtagonsit as Rey is  and why he is not just Rey's side kick.I'm not sure I agree wih everything but the author makes some good points:

http://rex-luscus.tumblr.com/post/146228397937/the-case-for-tfas-dual-protagonists
@CienaRee

...I agree with this to a certain extent..although I think we can all agree Rey is the one who will be involved in the main conflict. That is, the Star Wars movies are a generational Skywalker story, so the main conflict has to involve a Skywalker (Kylo in this instance) and Rey's most important relationship will be with that villain, the last SKywalker.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:31 pm

Mana wrote:
CienaRee wrote:This is an interesting post about why Finn is as much of a main prtagonsit as Rey is  and why he is not just Rey's side kick.I'm not sure I agree wih everything but the author makes some good points:

@CienaRee

...I agree with this to a certain extent..although I think we can all agree Rey is the one who will be involved in the main conflict. That is, the Star Wars movies are a generational Skywalker story, so the main conflict has to involve a Skywalker (Kylo in this instance) and Rey's most important relationship will be with that villain, the last SKywalker.
@Mana

I think a case can be made  that Finn and Rey are  double protagonists I just think that ultimately the main story will center around Kylo and Rey while Finn will continue to be a main rptagonist in the Resistanse part of the movies which  doesnt make him any less important.
I also disagree that Finn inspires Rey to embrace her destiny.While Rey defifnatly inspires Finn in some ways I think for Rey he symbolzies a family she found.Kylo on the other hand is that one that is instrumental in Rey finding her powers and embracing the Force.They deliberately made it that Finn was unconcious when the lightsaber went to Rey and it was only Kylo who saw her reaction(unlike in the Lego game where Finn is concious).
But as aways that post led to people arguing about how Finn is more of a hero/protagonist than Rey. Rolling Eyes

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:36 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Mana wrote:

@CienaRee

@Mana

I think a case can be made  that Finn and Rey are  double protagonists I just think that ultimately the main story will center around Kylo and Rey while Finn will continue to be a main rptagonist in the Resistanse part of the movies which  doesnt make him any less important.
I also disagree that Finn inspires Rey to embrace her destiny.While Rey defifnatly inspires Finn in some ways I think for Rey he symbolzies a family she found.Kylo on the other hand is that one that is instrumental in Rey finding her powers and embracing the Force.They deliberately made it that Finn was unconcious when the lightsaber went to Rey and it was only Kylo who saw her reaction(unlike in the Lego game where Finn is concious).
But as aways that post led to people arguing about how Finn is more of a hero/protagonist than Rey. Rolling Eyes
@CienaRee

ugh...Finn maybe just as important as Rey, but there is absolutely no question that Rey is THE main protagonist, because she's the one who is being tangled up in all the SKywalker drama, not Finn, and this is a generational Skywalker story...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:50 pm

Mana wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Mana wrote:

@CienaRee

@Mana

@CienaRee

ugh...Finn maybe just as important as Rey, but there is absolutely no question that Rey is THE main protagonist, because she's the one who is being tangled up in all the SKywalker drama, not Finn, and this is a generational Skywalker story...
@Mana
Right?They're arguing that because Finn acted more like a traditional hero would than Rey who didn't do that much untill the end of the movie if there was a choice between who's the protagonist of TFA they would choose Finn.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:56 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Mana wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Mana wrote:

@CienaRee

@Mana

@CienaRee

@Mana
Right?They're arguing that because Finn acted more like a traditional hero would than Rey who didn't do that much untill the end of the movie if there was a choice between who's the protagonist of TFA they would choose Finn.
@CienaRee

Well, thank goodness there's an episode 8 and 9 then...or it all might as well have ended in ep 7. Rey and Kylo are the mystery boxes, Finn was a total red herring that was covering up the fact that it would be Rey who would have the main conflict with Kylo. Before the movie, everyone thought it was Finn who would be force sensitive, we was wielding the lightsaber, HE was fighting the villain, but the movie flipped everything inside out, and it was Rey who was force sensitive, Rey who called the legacy saber to her, Rey who faced the last Skywalker and kicked his a**, Rey who went in search of Luke to the location of the last Jedi temple piloting the millenium falcon.
Finn is no doubt an important character and a lead....but this is Rey's story.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next