Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Ben Solo build BB-8?

+4
Sylvia Snow
Kessel
snufkin
BastilaBey
8 posters

Go down

Did Ben Solo build BB-8? Empty Did Ben Solo build BB-8?

Post by reenydet Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

Maybe this has been discussed here before, and if it was, I apologize. But, my question is, could Ben Solo have built BB-8? BB-8 is described as one of a kind, kylo seemed to not want him to be harmed, and ol' gramps Vader was a droid builder. So, what do you think? Think Pablo would answer the question?

reenydet
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Did Ben Solo build BB-8? Empty Re: Did Ben Solo build BB-8?

Post by BastilaBey Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

I don't think he did but @panki would probably know the details since she's a fan of the Poe comics. Poe has had BB for a while and he didn't grow up with Ben, despite that being a prevalent headcanon in the fandom.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:35 pm

He does make that breath/head bobble and then checks Rey out when she sasses him with the specifications, so it may be a topic he's familiar with.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reenydet Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm

And, Kylo and BB aren't in any scenes together. It'll be interesting to see if someone knows how long Poe has had him.

reenydet
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 30 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I think the suggestion that Ben may have built BB-8 has been brought up here before. Although I think it would be a cute idea, I don't think there's anything to currently suggest Ben built BB-8, other than speculation. I understand why the thought may occur to some because of how the prequels handled R2-D2 and Threepio's origins with Anakin.

BB-8 is an astromech droid: a piloting/pilot's droid. The Visual Dictionary doesn't say anything about who built him or how long Poe has had him so the possibilities regarding his origins are still pretty open.

I hope we learn more about BB-8's origins though. Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 30 Sep 2016, 5:46 pm

I mean, Ben could be the one behind the idea of BB8, like he told Leia about this imaginary droid he want to be when  he grow up and maybe, Leia sumit Ben's idea so that BB8 could be built, maybe she want to surprised him bt never got the chance while BB8 and Poe become pen pals
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:42 pm

BB-8 type droids existed even at the time of the battle of Endor so definitely before Ben Solo's time..... they make an appearance in Aftermath 2 when veterans suffering trauma after Endor were offered a choice of therapy Ewoks or droids like BB-8..... BB-8 was with Poe before he ever met Leia or even joined the resistance (BB-8 accompanies him even when he is working for the republic in the Before the Awakening novel)

This means that either one of Poe's parents suffered a trauma/PTSD etc and received a therapy droid after Endor which Poe inherited....or Poe himself suffered some trauma (mother's death, father also seems to be no longer there etc) as a result of which he was given BB-8.

Last edited by panki on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reenydet Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

Well, I guess I put too much stock in that pic from long ago that suggested Adam Driver was in a resistance pilot suit. That was debunked??

reenydet
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:49 pm

reenydet wrote:Well, I guess I put too much stock in that pic from long ago that suggested Adam Driver was in a resistance pilot suit. That was debunked??
@reenydet

Did Ben Solo build BB-8? Adam-driver-star-wars

There was a rumor that Adam Driver was in a resistance pilot outfit but it is actually some other actor who appears in a blink and miss moment in TFA....however, the suit is distinct since it is for an especially tall actor, unlike the rest of the resistance pilots (which seems a waste of money to make a customized costume for an extra)....so it is possible that Kylo will be in a resistance pilot's suit in a flashback in episode 8 or this is an idea that was rejected and the suit was recycled.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Acritiqua Sun 05 Mar 2017, 10:51 pm

Kylo Ren doesn't seem very patient with mechanical/electronic things... But there is a sort of reason why I would like this (as opposed to thinking it likely). For one, that line about how somehow Rey convinced the droid to give her the map was always interesting to me. It's as though he is impressed that she was able to gain BB-8's trust? And also BB-8 is the most infantile of droids thus far and sometimes I see it/him as a metaphor to an inner child. Originally I thought that the scene in the beginning where Poe tells BB-8 to run and that he'll come back for him might be echoing what happened to little Rey. But I would find it very interesting if Ben Solo and BB-8 had a history.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down