Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

+32
Irina de France
SkyStar
Darth Snoopy
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Mana
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
RosiePancake
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
CienaRee
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
MyOnlyHope
AhsokaTano
Starliteprism
Man Without A Star
spacebaby45678
Blackcanary
fuhry
SanghaRen
TheBastardofMandalore
Helix
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
vaderito
jakkusun
panki
36 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 05 Mar 2018, 1:32 am

Woah everyone! Have just woken up
And seen the above.When I sent link to Rebels spoilers there was no mention of Ben.?? Where did that come from??? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and panic with speculation . The rebel spoilers look like fact though as multiple witnesses saw the screening.Let’s enjoy Rebels finale for what it is without panicking how the spoiler might infringe or not infringe on Ben’s life . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 05 Mar 2018, 1:51 am

First of all, we have no idea how and when Ben Solos story will be told, *except* that it will be told *after* the ST is over. The Ben Solo story may turn out to be so important that it actually gets movie status in some capacity.  They recast a young Harrison Ford.  They can do the same for a young version of Adam Driver.

Second, there have been serious rumors that the next series will be SW Resistance. Well guess who would fit right in with the Resistance,  the Kaman and Hera daughter, as some great pilot. You know who else will fit in nicely on that show? Iden and Del's daughter. Two cast members right there. And just because someone is force sensitive doesn't mean they have to follow it, especially when they will be raised by the non-FS parent. So there is no guarantee that this Kanera kid would be at Luke's camp.

Thirdly, if she was with Ben, she was either killed (which would really eff up Ben's redemption, something they will not do when Luke was partially sacrificed when they had him contemplate killing Ben), or she's with the KoR. I guess it's possible, but that girl in the TLJ art book or VD didn't look Twilek. But if anyone is going to be Ben's spin-the-bottle girl, I think its that girl, not Kanera. Honestly, Kanera would fit more in the Resistance.

Next, and probably one of the more important aspects, Adam knows a lot about the trajectory of his character. If there was a kid out there, why would he ask Rian if Ben ever kissed anybody?

In addition, there has been no hint whatsoever that Ben has a kid out there. No holo, no nothing. Instead, everything about movies and directors' and Adam's commentaries indicate that he is immature still.

Also, if he had some kid out there, what does he need Rey for? He could have motivation to get better for his kid. And if there was a kid, Snoke would have read that in Kylo's head and either would have taken the kid as his prey or demanded Kylo kill the kid to prove his loyalty.

Finally, a sudden secret kid, that Kylo is unaware of, would require a lot of exposition and her "out of nowhere" appearance in Black Diamond would serve no purpose other than shock value and would make Ben look like an idiot and a deadbeat dad. For a character that is slated for redemption, this would be entirely unhelpful.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 05 Mar 2018, 2:00 am

rawpowah wrote:Was it specified in the leaked material that this new series will take place at Luke's academy or is this speculation? The same goes for the love interest for Ben. Is this confirmed or is it speculation from reddit users?
@rawpowah

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT SUGGESTS ANY OF THIS!

Sorry for yelling. Embarassed

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:47 am

I don't even know where to start with all this. First of all, I agree that the Kanera daughter is most likely to be central to whatever Star Wars: Resistance is. It's pottery. Filoni pottery.

Secondly, I don't know if I'm the only one who loves the idea of Kanan and Hera's daughter growing up to be Ben Solo's friend at Luke's Jedi school, taking his side in the temple incident, and becoming a KOR? The daughter of rebel heroes ends up on the wrong side, jut like Ben. I doubt that scenario is likely to happen, but I'd love it. I hate this new trend of giving every character former canon LIs, but I'd love to see the Kanera daughter as Ben's friend. She's a few years older than Ben, so I could see her being like a big sister to the lonely and tormented boy. I used to be on Team Sad Loner Ben, but after TLJ I'm thinking more like - Rey has a brother in Finn and now a Beautiful Friendship Gang. Why shouldn't Ben have any actual friends, especially since TLJ showed us half of Luke's students were loyal to him? Those students didn't just randomly turn evil; they would have been Ben's friends before the incident.

As for the Kanera daughter as Ben's baby mama, I just.... don't know what to say. Aside from the idea of the next generation of Skywalker-Solos being part-Twi'leks with lekku on their heads (which is firmly in "never gonna happen" category as far as I'm concerned, and I say this as a huge Twi'lek fan as you can tell from my avatar), what exactly is Rey doing as a main character in the Skywalker saga at all if this, too, is taken away from her? After TLJ, the main story is Reylo.

We've been through this before. A family saga isn't going to tease an epic central romance between the two main characters - with the reverse Anidala elements practically smacking us on the face - and then take a sharp turn towards the WTF and ultimately be about the hidden babies of some random woman we've never met. And the daughter of cartoon characters is totally random to the vast majority of the audience.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:00 am

@Darth_Awakened I know and my question was more to make sure people read the same thing I did. That this is merely speculation and not facts.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:38 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Woah everyone! Have just woken up
And seen the above.When I sent link to Rebels spoilers there was no mention of Ben.?? Where did that come from??? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and panic with speculation . The rebel spoilers look like fact though as multiple witnesses saw the screening.Let’s enjoy Rebels finale for what it is without panicking how the spoiler might infringe or not infringe on Ben’s life . Smile
@AhsokaTano
@rawpowah

Same here - It was real late here when I clicked that link. When I caught up this morning I had a panic as I seriously thought I had misread or missed out a huge chunk of that thread. Phew. I'm just looking forward to how those last episodes actually play out.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:02 am

@ Darth Dingbat
I totally agree with you 100%
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:19 am

There has been absolutely nothing to suggest Ben has had a secret affair with a not-even-established character from Rebels. This meltdown and scare is the weirdest sh*t I've seen on this forum and maybe even this fandom, and I've seen a lot of weird sh*t. Honestly we have more chance of Rey Skywalker cloned from Anakin's armpit than we do of Ben hooking up with some Twi'lek.

Move along...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy Mon 05 Mar 2018, 7:54 am

The only way Ben could already have a kid is if he inherited Shmi's virgin birthing force baby genes... That could be the plot for episode 9, Supreme Leader Ren gets pregnant via the force, he calls rey through the bond to ask her for help, Shmi to Qui Gon style...Anakin is reborn as his grandson's son... OK, sorry for the crackfic, I just went straight to the dark.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 05 Mar 2018, 8:37 am

RosiePancake wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:First of all, we have no idea how and when Ben Solos story will be told, *except* that it will be told *after* the ST is over. The Ben Solo story may turn out to be so important that it actually gets movie status in some capacity.  They recast a young Harrison Ford.  They can do the same for a young version of Adam Driver.

Second, there have been serious rumors that the next series will be SW Resistance. Well guess who would fit right in with the Resistance,  the Kaman and Hera daughter, as some great pilot. You know who else will fit in nicely on that show? Iden and Del's daughter. Two cast members right there. And just because someone is force sensitive doesn't mean they have to follow it, especially when they will be raised by the non-FS parent. So there is no guarantee that this Kanera kid would be at Luke's camp.

Thirdly, if she was with Ben, she was either killed (which would really eff up Ben's redemption, something they will not do when Luke was partially sacrificed when they had him contemplate killing Ben), or she's with the KoR. I guess it's possible, but that girl in the TLJ art book or VD didn't look Twilek.  But if anyone is going to be Ben's spin-the-bottle girl,  I think its that girl, not Kanera. Honestly, Kanera would fit more in the Resistance.

Next, and probably one of the more important aspects, Adam knows a lot about the trajectory of his character. If there was a kid out there, why would he ask Rian if Ben ever kissed anybody?

In addition, there has been no hint whatsoever that Ben has a kid out there. No holo, no nothing. Instead, everything about movies and directors' and Adam's commentaries indicate that he is immature still.

Also, if he had some kid out there, what does he need Rey for? He could have motivation to get better for his kid. And if there was a kid, Snoke would have read that in Kylo's head and either would have taken the kid as his prey or demanded Kylo kill the kid to prove his loyalty.

Finally, a sudden secret kid, that Kylo is unaware of, would require a lot of exposition and her "out of nowhere" appearance in Black Diamond would serve no purpose other than shock value and would make Ben look like an idiot and a deadbeat dad. For a character that is slated for redemption, this would be entirely unhelpful.
@SoloSideCousin

To be fair, they didn't describe the girl who had Kylo's first kiss was a human so anything is possible for Disney.
Maybe i'm more of a Kylo fan than a Reylo shipper so I want to see more of Ben/Kylo's human side on the screen like movies, cartoon, tv live action ...etc.... That's why I'm not afraid if they create another young female character for Ben's storyline or seeing him have intimacy or skinship with another female character, actually they already did that with Kylo's father and his grandpa's expanded plot, and I have nothing to lose anymore lol, I already get used to it hehe.
Of course, everyone knows that Skywalker men are all faithful and they would only have children with their one true love, but how they interact with other people, men, women, children, friends, would add more nuance and depth to their character. That's the point of creating Ahsoka for Anakin, they wanted to show people that Anakin wasn't just a creepy stalker like anti-PT said, he was capable of loving/ trusting/ caring people. There is no doubt that even though Kylo was mind-abused by Snoke, he still managed to grow up as a proper boy, he even loved calligraphy until his own uncle chose to betray and discard him for the greater good. And Disney could easily explore this because they won't stop milking this franchise anw, and not to mention that Disney just ended the contract that they had with Netflix and opened a new streaming service of their own, there will be not just SW rebels, SW resistance, but also Luke's academy is very possible.
@RosiePancake

I actually did say it was possible that she could be a KoR In addition, as @Darth Dingbat said, I love the idea that she could be Ben's KoR friend. Further, I am one of the people who wants the KoR to be Ben's loyal friends, if brought back, with the exception of maybe one traitor. I just didn't mention it because I don't have a lot of hope that they will do that with the KoR, though I hope I am wrong. I just really think it would be super bad if Kanera was one of them killed, because that would taint Ben with a lot of hardcore fans forever, and he doesn't need more baggage after Han.

I also wouldn't care and would probably like it if Ben had a thing with Kanera or any other girl. I don't have a problem with Ben having sex with another girl. And I am one of the few, if not the only one, who would be okay with Ben having a first love in the past. I have watched enough things to know that first love does not stop there being a true and forever love down the road.

And yes the picture of the other girl does not guarantee that she is Ben's first love or whatever. I just think her picture is there for a reason, but no it doesn't kill the idea Ben having a relationship with someone else.

Further, I am the queen of pre-Snoke Ben life headcanons that have him have friends, non-FS talents and girlfriends during that time. I have written stories about it, but I never publish them, nor mention them much here, because those ideas are non-mainstream Reylo at best.

However, I really don't believe that Ben has a bad mama out there for the reasons I said and the reasons @Darth Dingbat said.

I am sorry that my post was so unclear.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 05 Mar 2018, 9:44 am

@RosiePancake I also don't mind Ben having friendships or even some crush like situation back in the past. I mean if they make some additional stuff about him IMO it will be more interesting to see him interact and how different kind of relations to people then just sitting alone all the time. For me, it doesn't really change anything about what is happening in ST, but I like to think that Ben was capable of making at least one friend before Luke's betrayal. Similar to having a crush on someone. Just that his family who he loved was the one who let him down and it is the core of his anxieties.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 05 Mar 2018, 11:43 am

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's not Ben having crushes or any normal adolescent relationships I object to. I don't even "object" to him having had a girlfriend, as such (though I've personally always interpreted/headcanoned the character as a virgin).

In my case it's more that if Ben had a girlfriend, I'd prefer not to see that story. Just like I assumed Leia had boyfriends before Han, but I didn't really need to meet her first love. It's not like I had any burning curiosity to see who Leia lost her virginity to. I don't need to meet Han's previous girlfriends either. Even less would I like to read a prequel about Mr Darcy's romance with a woman he fell in love with before Lizzy Bennet. Does this make sense? It's not that characters in a romance can't have a history of previous romantic relationships - sometimes their romantic past has shaped who they are in the current story - and it's not that second attachments can't be the epic "true love".

But if I cherish an epic romance about the one true love between Molly Merrylove and Willy Wormnoggin, I'd say I have zero interest in seeing a prequel story about Willy Wormnoggin having a tempestuous romance with his previous fiancée Polly Bustmuffin. I'd probably feel it cheapens my favourite romance, as it was Molly and Willy's love story that drew me in in the first place.

Of course, if my main interest is in Willy Wormnoggin as a character, rather than any particular epic romance he's been part of, I'd probably be interested in exploring his various relationships with different characters, as long as the story is good. It depends entirely on what the draw is.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:11 pm

The whole point here is basically realism versus narrative.

Realistically, yes, it's safe to bet that Ben and/or Rey dabbed a buy here and there. And having a bf/gf before meeting the love of your life doesn't cheapen the latter.

Narratively? Look, if you want to headcanon that Rey and Ben aren't virgins, there's wrong with that. I don't mind. Speaking for myself, though, it just makes zero sense story-wise. Rey and Ben's arcs are all about coming of age and sexual awakening - what's the point of all this if they aren't virgins and have a certain experience? It just cheapens how TLJ could be basically renamed Episode VIII: The Sex Awakens and no one would notice.

And it's not similar to Han and Leia at all: both of them always gave me a vibe of being experienced, and that's part of what made their interractions so great.

As I said, the above is really just my personal opinion. It's a-okay if you see things otherwise.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm

One more thing I wanted to add - let's say there's going to be an animated series that's basically the ST equivalent of TCW, which I fully expect to happen in one form or another. TCW did romance in a way that fit the tone and focus of the series, apart from the episodes focused on Anakin and Padmé which were never my favourites I'm afraid.

But let's take Obi-Wan and Satine, or Ahsoka and Lux Bonteri as examples. Ben Solo could easily have tension like that - romantic, without blossoming into a full-blown romantic relationship. In the case of Ahsoka and Lux, it has that sweet adolescent crush thing going on.

But here's the thing - Satine and Lux are very much Ones That Got Away. That's the biggest "risk", IMO. If Ahsoka were slated for a Romance of Epic Proportions With Her Fated One and Only Mate in the future, I as a writer would absolutely not have given her a One That Got Away in the shape of Lux Bonteri. That would just be a weird choice in every way, because the One That Gets Away always invites a wistful what-might-have-been. You don't want to undermine that One and Only Romance with the idea that your hero might have had something really good, perhaps even better, with someone else, if things had gone a bit differently in the past. IMO.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:25 pm

Irina de France wrote:The whole point here is basically realism versus narrative.

Realistically, yes, it's safe to bet that Ben and/or Rey dabbed a buy here and there. And having a bf/gf before meeting the love of your life doesn't cheapen the latter.

Narratively? Look, if you want to headcanon that Rey and Ben aren't virgins, there's wrong with that. I don't mind. Speaking for myself, though, it just makes zero sense story-wise. Rey and Ben's arcs are all about coming of age and sexual awakening - what's the point of all this if they aren't virgins and have a certain experience? It just cheapens how TLJ could be basically renamed Episode VIII: The Sex Awakens and no one would notice.

And it's not similar to Han and Leia at all: both of them always gave me a vibe of being experienced, and that's part of what made their interractions so great.

As I said, the above is really just my personal opinion. It's a-okay if you see things otherwise.
@Irina de France

Yep. Ben and Rey have an epic 'soulmates/interwined destinies/you are the only one for me' vibes.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 05 Mar 2018, 1:28 pm

Irina de France wrote:The whole point here is basically realism versus narrative.

@Irina de France

Just my opinion like you, I think the focus of sexual awakening is much more with Rey than Ben. Ben may not have had sex with anybody, but the interrogation and the shirtless scene show that he knows he's hot. He's had some experiences that have told him that. So I do think that he definitely farther down the sexual road than Rey, who seems like she never thought about sex in her life until she met Kylo.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 05 Mar 2018, 2:39 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Irina de France

Just my opinion like you, I think the focus of sexual awakening is much more with Rey than Ben. Ben may not have had sex with anybody, but the interrogation and the shirtless scene show that he knows he's hot. He's had some experiences that have told him that. So I do think that he definitely farther down the sexual road than Rey, who seems like she never thought about sex in her life until she met Kylo.
@SoloSideCousin

Speaking strictly in the narrative sense I think the intention was to make Kylo be very much like Han. Despite the inexperience. Which was somehow suggested by Adam asking Rian if Kylo had ever kiss a girl.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 05 Mar 2018, 3:59 pm

Lmao guys! I came in here to say I saw the spoilers and I was so happy because Disney allowed a couple to f**** before marriage AND before "i love yous" in a CARTOON (even if it was offscreen). This means Reylo don't need to marry to have sex in the movies, bring on the sex scene lol!

Also the fact that they created a random kid to keep the Kanan/Hera legacy alive gives me hope for the Skywalker bloodline, no way are we losing that! Bring me some Reylo babies too!

Also, relax people! The Kanan/Hera kid is like what 5 years older than Ben? When you're a teenager that makes a LOT of difference. He'll be like 14 and she'll be like 19. Yeah that's weird. It's not happening ! She'll probs be part of the Resistance or something. If anything - I see her as a older sister type figure.

Last edited by Riri on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:10 pm

RosiePancake wrote:

@Irina de France

Yeah I think that's also the main point, Luke's fanboys would tell us the same, they don't think "Luke was like that, he couldn't do that, what happened to Luke in TLJ made no sense" because they also had a strong headcanon for Luke like the way we truly believe Kylo is a virgin boy. For Disney the sky is the limit, as a fan, the only thing we can hope is Disney has a good explanation to justify what they choose to do.
@RosiePancake

Well, my point is not characterization or headcanons. Virgin!Kylo isn't even a headcanon of mine I hold dear to. It's about story themes, coding and whatnot. My point was that Kylo as well as Rey's arc are all about sexual awakening/coming-of-age, and it seems to me that saying "oops, surprise, they aren't virgins!" is kind of "cheating" on that theme. Again, just my two cents.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:48 pm

I can't believe the finale airs today - I won't see it today though. Due to private issues and knowing about the fate of one character, I could not bring myself to watch episodes 10-13 when they aired as I didn't need more negativity, but then finally I watched all 4 episodes in a row a few days ago. I am going to miss that show. I really love it. Seasons 3 and 4 are just awesome on so many levels. These episodes did not disappoint. I cried big time - d*** you DF, why??? - and laughed unexpectedly - Zeb always providing some comic relief - and was floored by some of the visuals. Apart from the loth wolves, loth cats and obviously Kanera *sob*, one image that I really loved is Chop holding Hera's hand. There is something beautiful in the idea that a machine can develop such a connection with a humanoid (or human or sentient being for that is) that it feels his/her distress and tries to comfort him/her. Makes you wonder who is more "human" in the end and what does it really mean to be "human". And that in a show for kids.

And for no reason at all, I just want to post this official picture of Kanan, who's one of the greatest looking SW male characters and this is my favorite look.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread - Page 10 Star-w10
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 05 Mar 2018, 9:44 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Irina de France

@SoloSideCousin

Speaking strictly in the narrative sense I think the intention was to make Kylo be very much like Han. Despite the inexperience. Which was somehow suggested by Adam asking Rian if Kylo had ever kiss a girl.
@Darth_Awakened

Yup,also doesn't the Leia/Ben novelization scene refers to Ben being lonely boy when Leia thinks of him as an adolescent plus adding the angry breakdowns he would have tells me they're going down the route where he started feeling isolated and angry due to Snoke's abuse on him.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 06 Mar 2018, 2:06 am

Spoiler alert
It wasn’t a daughter it was a son and he’s a cutie pie!!!!Jacen! I def now see him being a knight of Ren with Ben - my wish fulfilment .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next