Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization?

2 posters

Go down

Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization? Empty Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization?

Post by gwendy85 Sun 23 Jul 2017, 7:06 pm

So I bought the junior novelization on paperback some time last year and one part of note is the "Stay here. I'll come back for you" dream sequence in page 35. A friend of mine recently bought what we believe is an updated Kindle version and he says that scene is not there at all. So I was wondering if it's true that the junior novelization has been changed and if so, did they completely delete all the Stay here. I'll come back for you sequence including the one during the forceback scene? I'm currently unable to reach my friend to verify so I was wondering if anyone here has the latest kindle version of the novel. Thanks guys!
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization? Empty Re: Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization?

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 23 Jul 2017, 7:20 pm

There's a current discussion on reddit about this. Someone also found an interview with the author.

Apparently, after the Kindle version was submitted, LF came back and asked the author to add several scenes. These scenes only appear in the print version.

So that Rey's-dream-in-the-AT-AT scene? Added at LF's request and only appears in the print version.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization? Empty Re: Have changes been made to the TFA Junior Novelization?

Post by gwendy85 Sun 23 Jul 2017, 7:24 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:There's a current discussion on reddit about this. Someone also found an interview with the author.

Apparently, after the Kindle version was submitted, LF came back and asked the author to add several scenes. These scenes only appear in the print version.

So that Rey's-dream-in-the-AT-AT scene? Added at LF's request and only appears in the print version.
@ISeeAnIsland

Thank you so much for confirming this for me! I was actually worried because I rather like those scenes and would like to see it resolved in upcoming books (mainly who said those lines to Rey).
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 23 Jul 2017, 7:42 pm

gwendy85 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:There's a current discussion on reddit about this. Someone also found an interview with the author.

@ISeeAnIsland

Thank you so much for confirming this for me! I was actually worried because I rather like those scenes and would like to see it resolved in upcoming books (mainly who said those lines to Rey).
@gwendy85

Yup! It's even more interesting that they were apparently added late in the game at LF's request.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down