Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Teo oswald Wed 20 Dec 2017, 1:57 am

reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I just got back from my third TLJ viewing.  The fact that they’re the end game couple hits me over the head with a sledgehammer more and more with every viewing.  The way he looks towards her through the Bond in spite of the way she’s shutting the door says everything.  I’m sorry Amanda can’t  see this.
@IoJovi

Kylo is the Skywalker of this trilogy and that means the trilogy won't be about some non-Skywalker characters romance. It's that simple. This is the Skywalker family drama/story and that includes the Skywalker romance. More importantly so cause this is the LAST Skywalker Saga.

It's laughable that self-proclaimed SW super fans cannot understand this. It's the simplest thing to understand and yet they are are so up their biased butts they can't see the big picture.

Also, 3 guesses who Black Diamond is. I'm sure you answered that from the first try.
@vaderito

Like Aladdin is the "diamond in the rough", Kylo is the "black diamond". At least that's where my mind went to immediately!
@Xylo Ren

Nice catch! I would also bet on Kylo even if the intertwined destiny with Rey is important:
- Let's keep in mind that she describes herself Ben as the only hope, confirming to the audience the meaning behind his name
- Black is the color associated to Ren, one of the five Confucius virtues (benevolence)
-Kylo is now the (last) Skywalker in the Skywalker franchise so the question of his survival is in the forefront
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 2401bc11
No wonder that Kathy Kennedy didn't confirm him beyond Episode 9

@reylo1992

having seen the family tree of the Skywalker family it would seem logical to think that Ben is the next one to die
also the words of KK, related to the closure of the saga of the Skywalker family.
I do not like this at all No
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Atenais Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:22 am

Teo oswald wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I just got back from my third TLJ viewing.  The fact that they’re the end game couple hits me over the head with a sledgehammer more and more with every viewing.  The way he looks towards her through the Bond in spite of the way she’s shutting the door says everything.  I’m sorry Amanda can’t  see this.
@IoJovi

Kylo is the Skywalker of this trilogy and that means the trilogy won't be about some non-Skywalker characters romance. It's that simple. This is the Skywalker family drama/story and that includes the Skywalker romance. More importantly so cause this is the LAST Skywalker Saga.

It's laughable that self-proclaimed SW super fans cannot understand this. It's the simplest thing to understand and yet they are are so up their biased butts they can't see the big picture.

Also, 3 guesses who Black Diamond is. I'm sure you answered that from the first try.
@vaderito

Like Aladdin is the "diamond in the rough", Kylo is the "black diamond". At least that's where my mind went to immediately!
@Xylo Ren

Nice catch! I would also bet on Kylo even if the intertwined destiny with Rey is important:
- Let's keep in mind that she describes herself Ben as the only hope, confirming to the audience the meaning behind his name
- Black is the color associated to Ren, one of the five Confucius virtues (benevolence)
-Kylo is now the (last) Skywalker in the Skywalker franchise so the question of his survival is in the forefront

@reylo1992

having seen the family tree of the Skywalker family it would seem logical to think that Ben is the next one to die
also the words of KK, related to the closure of the saga of the Skywalker family.
@Teo oswald

I know, I had the same feeling. It's tragic... Crying or Very sad
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:43 am

Teo oswald wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@reylo1992

@Teo oswald

All is not lost. I can't see LF completely closing the door on the Skywalker family. It's too depressing.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:50 am

He will die... one day, old and happily surrounded by his grandchildren H-beating
Let me dream ROFL The Skywalker family and our world need a little hope and happyendings.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:48 am

I knew Mark was in China with Rian but assumed the social media black out was compulsory for some reason ( or Mark felt the need to step away) . Forgive my ignorance but I didn’t even realise there was a Magical Kingdom in Shanghai. In general I heard TFA underperformed there ?

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 25d5d410
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:42 am

BenRey wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@reylo1992

I do not like this at all  No
@Teo oswald

All is not lost. I can't see LF completely closing the door on the Skywalker family. It's too depressing.
@BenRey

Plus that recurrent message about letting the past dying to begin something new. I still think there is hope. Rian gave a wonderful arc to Kylo but not the easiest for a Reylo happy ending.

1) Making Kylo die without any offspring would be extremely cruel for Rey who has been waiting for a belonging all her life

2) Making Kylo die with an offspring on the way would require that they sleep together, making Rey the utero having to bear the Skywalker legacy

3) Making Kylo survives and run away to hide with Rey would force him to hide his past to his children to protect them, possibly leading to the destructive conequences Vader's revelation had on him

So I really hope that J.J. has something in mind that will allow Ben to become the savior of the galaxy at some point. I am really curious to know what is the core idea behind dark crystal. Pretty sure that it refers to him in the first place because now the plot of the Episode 9 depends very much on his intentions, agenda and trajectory. And I am happy that the importance of crystal - certainly related with the Force plot - emerges because it was totally absent in TLJ.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:00 am

Rian and his #1 fangirl liked this btw.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 E4a04910
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:23 am

EchoBase wrote:Rian and his #1 fangirl liked this btw.

@EchoBase

There go my heartstrings. Thanks for that!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:24 am

"He can't go, she can't stay" reminds me of Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave track from Titanic.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:28 am

reylo1992 wrote:
BenRey wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@reylo1992

@Teo oswald

@BenRey

Plus that recurrent message about letting the past dying to begin something new. I still think there is hope. Rian gave a wonderful arc to Kylo but not the easiest for a Reylo happy ending.

1) Making Kylo die without any offspring would be extremely cruel for Rey who has been waiting for a belonging all her life

2) Making Kylo die with an offspring on the way would require that they sleep together, making Rey the utero having to bear the Skywalker legacy

3) Making Kylo survives and run away to hide with Rey would force him to hide his past to his children to protect them, possibly leading to the destructive conequences Vader's revelation had on him

So I really hope that J.J. has something in mind that will allow Ben to become the savior of the galaxy at some point. I am really curious to know what is the core idea behind dark crystal. Pretty sure that it refers to him in the first place because now the plot of the Episode 9 depends very much on his intentions, agenda and trajectory. And I am happy that the importance of crystal - certainly related with the Force plot - emerges because it was totally absent in TLJ.
@reylo1992

I saw the film Monday night with my husband.  He largely disliked it overall - he said he felt like he was being sold a bill of goods, and that they'd be milking this franchise for years to come, just like Marvel.  While this fact doesn't bother me in the same way it does him, I don't disagree with it.  The Skywalker bloodline was mentioned in the film three times - IT'S IMPORTANT!   Disney will continue to milk that same bloodline for years to come.

Looking at that family tree tells me there is no way this trilogy will end with Ben Solo's death or with him not in Rey's arms.  They'll find their happiness with each other in the end...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:31 am

EchoBase wrote:Rian and his #1 fangirl liked this btw.

@EchoBase

LMAO *blushes*
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:23 am

IoJovi wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
BenRey wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi

@vaderito

@Xylo Ren

@reylo1992

@Teo oswald

@BenRey

@reylo1992

I saw the film Monday night with my husband.  He largely disliked it overall - he said he felt like he was being sold a bill of goods, and that they'd be milking this franchise for years to come, just like Marvel.  While this fact doesn't bother me in the same way it does him, I don't disagree with it.  The Skywalker bloodline was mentioned in the film three times - IT'S IMPORTANT!   Disney will continue to milk that same bloodline for years to come.

Looking at that family tree tells me there is no way this trilogy will end with Ben Solo's death or with him not in Rey's arms.  They'll find their happiness with each other in the end...
@IoJovi

I don't believe in this either.

It would be the ultimate tragedy of an unending circle tragedy. There is no single Skywalker who died from natural death. I think that Rian did great to make Luke die at least with peace and purpose. All other death were so painful, heartbreaking and brutal. I really don't wish that the ultimate message of the franchise is: the Skywalker only brought disorder to the galaxy and must all die to make things allright again.

Pretty sure that Episode 9 will have some "Kill the Beast" and "Savages" dimension but Rose's line is prophetic IMO: "We won't win the war by killing those we hate but by saving those we love".
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 20 Dec 2017, 1:11 pm

Cool

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 80bad010
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 B86f9110
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:47 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote: Cool

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 80bad010
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 B86f9110
@Cowgirlsamurai

Tbh well don't know what to say on this. Is this supposed to imply Rey having feelings for Finn and or being jealous over Rose? I know Daisy and John said they are like brother and sister.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 Qj18P3j
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 80JAbtf
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 E5wMSL0
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 39 CrhuZ8V
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:54 pm

I think John is just trolling and going with the flow.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:01 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I think John is just trolling and going with the flow.
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:09 pm

In my opinion, it's a waste of time to be thinking too hard about these things. Rian is clearly proud of being "ambiguous" and "vague", but one thing that was crystal clear in the movie was Rey and Kylo's relationship. They held hands (!) during the night (!!) while the Force theme played (!!!) and they saw their intertwined destinies (!!!!). They can bait whatever they want, it doesn't change what happened on screen.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm

DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

I wish he was but what if?! I mean, I get if Rey feels threatened that Rose might take Finn's attention because I've had it in my real life but she might have some feelings there. She seemingly close the door on Kylo and then sees this what could have been. I mean, one of the reason I'm sort of annoyed is that if you want to do something thencommit to it. Don't do thiss by offering vague hints that can mean anything and bait fans into thinking something. Be transparent.
@DarthRen

There were deleted scenes of Finn suggesting he has feelings beyond friendship for Rey and Rose being jealous. It’s all detailed here https://t.co/tq41Vp5NBF?amp=1 I guess we will see them on the blu-ray.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:42 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

There were deleted scenes of Finn suggesting he has feelings beyond friendship for Rey and Rose being jealous. It’s all detailed here https://t.co/tq41Vp5NBF?amp=1 I guess we will see them on the blu-ray.
@KrazyForKylo

I did see the post and my point still stands: it doesn't matter. What Rey and Kylo have is far more than romantic -- it's transcendental. IMO, there's nothing to worry about.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:47 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

@KrazyForKylo

No need to worry about that IMO, even if I think that the SW crew should be a little more specific. I mean, John Boyega insists that Finn and Rey are friends but says that the one thing that hasn't changed is his love for Rey. I can understand that people get kinda confused. However, that would be so weird to have Rey having this sexual/romantic dynamic with Kylo, Finn still loving her but the movie rather showing Poe as potential romantic rival for Kylo.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

John is literally joking about how everybody has a crush on Finn. Like ???

I'm sure TLJ went through various stages during development. Some plot strands were dropped. It's a process.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:11 pm

@Piper Maru Agreed. Since the movie came out I've pretty much been in a state of "now we know the general direction the story is heading." I don't think anything could phase me anymore, which is why I'm continuously surprised to see so much random anxiety around here. Before TLJ came out, no matter how right we thought we were, there was always a chance the actual story would veer away from our predictions. There were so many narrative options back then. That just isn't the case anymore. We were right, and not only that, but RJ took it a step further and placed all the stakes going forward on two characters. Everybody else is pretty flexible, but not Kylo and Rey, and the story needs to respect and develop their dynamic above all else. We as a community predicted an entire narrative. There's just a whole other part left. The darker middle chapter is over, and J.J. "SW is a fairytale" Abrams is back to conclude the story he began, which I think we all know at this point really just means he's back for Rey and Ren.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:23 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:@Piper Maru Agreed. Since the movie came out I've pretty much been in a state of "now we know the general direction the story is heading." I don't think anything could phase me anymore, which is why I'm continuously surprised to see so much random anxiety around here. Before TLJ came out, no matter how right we thought we were, there was always a chance the actual story would veer away from our predictions. There were so many narrative options back then. That just isn't the case anymore. We were right, and not only that, but RJ took it a step further and placed all the stakes going forward on two characters. Everybody else is pretty flexible, but not Kylo and Rey, and the story needs to respect and develop their dynamic above all else. We as a community predicted an entire narrative. There's just a whole other part left. The darker middle chapter is over, and J.J. "SW is a fairytale" Abrams is back to conclude the story he began, which I think we all know at this point really just means he's back for Rey and Ren.
@MyOnlyHope
This is my perspective. The anxiety is just WTF to me. It reminds me of "Laura Dern was cast as a female KOR and Kylo's love-interest". LOL.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:32 pm

Is it this what people are talking about:

"Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy."

I don't think there's anything indicating romantic feelings between Rey and Finn here. I'm glad they cut that scene because that exchange sounds like something out of a teen TV show or sitcom with Rose being jealous.  Imagine how ridiculous it would be for them to put Rey in the middle of this TV show love-triangle after her figurative sexual awakening and Force connection with Ben? These two storylines don't even look like they belong in the same movie.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next