Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

Kessel wrote:Is it this what people are talking about:

"Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy."

I don't think there's anything indicating romantic feelings between Rey and Finn here. I'm glad they cut that scene because that exchange sounds like something out of a teen TV show or sitcom with Rose being jealous.  Imagine how ridiculous it would be for them put Rey in the middle of this TV show love-triangle after Rey's figurative sexual awakening and Force connection with Ben? These two storylines don't even look like they belong in the same movie.
@Kessel
Finn pining after Rey like a puppy was always an obstacle for his character to overcome. He doesn't fit into her world just as much as she doesn't really fit into his. As usual I'm confused as to how people are reading even a trace of romance here. Laughing Finn and Rey's bond could not be more innocent. Rian knew what he was doing when he created Rose for Finn. He also knew what he was doing when he cut this scene because I think Finn's obsession with tagging after his friend on a Force journey he wasn't invited to was made clear in other scenes.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:49 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:

"Originally, the film spent some more time clarifying the dynamic between Rey and Finn, and further setting up Rose’s crush on the Resistance “hero.” Rose chastises Finn for “pining for Rey,” which Finn quickly denies, claiming that he was “raised to fight” and that he finally found something to fight for in his friend, Rey. “Whatever,” responds Rose with a hint of jealousy."

I don't think there's anything indicating romantic feelings between Rey and Finn here. I'm glad they cut that scene because that exchange sounds like something out of a teen TV show or sitcom with Rose being jealous.  Imagine how ridiculous it would be for them put Rey in the middle of this TV show love-triangle after Rey's figurative sexual awakening and Force connection with Ben? These two storylines don't even look like they belong in the same movie.
@Kessel
Finn pining after Rey like a puppy was always an obstacle for his character to overcome. He doesn't fit into her world just as much as she doesn't really fit into his. As usual I'm confused as to how people are reading even a trace of romance here. Laughing Finn and Rey's bond could not be more innocent. Rian knew what he was doing when he created Rose for Finn.
@MyOnlyHope
Having read it I have absolutely no clue. Confused as usual. Nothing new, I suppose.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 20 Dec 2017, 4:55 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:

@Kessel
Finn pining after Rey like a puppy was always an obstacle for his character to overcome. He doesn't fit into her world just as much as she doesn't really fit into his. As usual I'm confused as to how people are reading even a trace of romance here. Laughing Finn and Rey's bond could not be more innocent. Rian knew what he was doing when he created Rose for Finn.
@MyOnlyHope
Having read it I have absolutely no clue. Confused as usual. Nothing new, I suppose.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I also thought JB’s tweet was quite clear.  Finn is NOT friend zoned because he has Rose.  I honestly don’t understand what’s so confusing about this.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:10 pm

I don't think there's anything indicating romantic feelings between Rey and Finn here. I'm glad they cut that scene because that exchange sounds like something out of a teen TV show or sitcom with Rose being jealous.  Imagine how ridiculous it would be for them to put Rey in the middle of this TV show love-triangle after her figurative sexual awakening and Force connection with Ben? These two storylines don't even look like they belong in the same movie.
@Kessel

Bloody hell. Just let them all end up in an orgy re: end of Return of the King.

There. Now it won't be awkward when Kylo barges in on Finn and Rey through their
Spoiler:
. Rolling Eyes

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:14 pm

IoJovi wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:

@Kessel
@MyOnlyHope
@FrolickingFizzgig

I also thought JB’s tweet was quite clear.  Finn is NOT friend zoned because he has Rose.  I honestly don’t understand what’s so confusing about this.
@IoJovi
I've grown to accept that parts of the community have just grown attached to feeling anxious about anything and everything at this point. Laughing
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by whisperingwillow Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:37 pm

LOL John. His everyone loves Finn and wants Finn now.

I think he got fed up with the Finn getting friend zoned stuff and now all the women want Finn (they don't). If they were going with Finn and Rey then JJ wouldn't have written them as friends only and Rian wouldn't have written them to see each other for like three seconds. Unless they plan to kill Rose off early Finn has a love interest going forward.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:48 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Screen16

ROFL
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:52 pm

How is this getting so misinterpreted (not here, elsewhere)? He's joking about all the "friend zone" comments I'm sure he received on Twitter over the past two years, not spoiling the nonexistent love triangle going into IX. It's sarcastic/ironic play on Finn being a huge player. I doubt he even realizes how wacko some fans can be about this particular topic.

Finn and Rey are canonically friends. Rey is not canonically jealous at the end of this film. This whole Tweet string is just a play on Finn being a player and all the characters crushing on him.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

The whole thing is a joke. John wasn't retweeting the character dynamics of IX. I doubt they've even done the script read yet.

He doesn't realize how wacko some fans are, as I said. He's playing but people are going to read into it however they want sooo *shrug*.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

RosiePancake wrote:I think the thing that bothers most people for the past few hours is Boyega retweeted payorwait's tweet and agreed with her, and payorwait's tweet was clearly about her dream of a love triangle between Rey Rose Finn and Rey would teach Rose a lesson for stealing "her man", lmao. It was very clear that Boyega teased with FinnRey shipper about a possible "romance" between Finn and Rey in the EP9, which was also a big question here because J.J.Abrams just only pitched with Walt Disney's CEO Bob Iger about EP9's script a few day ago. Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Q4ZdbG7

So basically everyone is confused af by that tweet while FinnRey shippers are falling into a wild imagination again thanks to Boyega. Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Q4ZdbG7
@RosiePancake

Given that the rough draft of the script has only been turned in a few days ago, I doubt John has even read it himself. Right now though I feel like they’re teasing Rey with every eligible bachelor out there including Poe to hide the fact we’re getting canon happy ending Reylo. Heck, John might be aware of this too because there is no way that was a jealous smile from Rey. To me it read she was happy he’d found someone. FinnRey is dead, and I feel it was wrong of John to do that, even if he was joking.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

IoJovi wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:I think the thing that bothers most people for the past few hours is Boyega retweeted payorwait's tweet and agreed with her, and payorwait's tweet was clearly about her dream of a love triangle between Rey Rose Finn and Rey would teach Rose a lesson for stealing "her man", lmao. It was very clear that Boyega teased with FinnRey shipper about a possible "romance" between Finn and Rey in the EP9, which was also a big question here because J.J.Abrams just only pitched with Walt Disney's CEO Bob Iger about EP9's script a few day ago. Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Q4ZdbG7

So basically everyone is confused af by that tweet while FinnRey shippers are falling into a wild imagination again thanks to Boyega. Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Q4ZdbG7
@RosiePancake

Given that the rough draft of the script has only been turned in a few days ago, I doubt John has even read it himself. Right now though I feel like they’re teasing Rey with every eligible bachelor out there including Poe to hide the fact we’re getting canon happy ending Reylo. Heck, John might be aware of this too because there is no way that was a jealous smile from Rey. To me it read she was happy he’d found someone. FinnRey is dead, and I feel it was wrong of John to do that, even if he was joking.

@IoJovi
Right? There's literally no way the actors have even read the script for IX yet. The initial treatment is done but the actors are all on a sort of break right now. VIII just came out. People are fooling themselves if they think he's spoiling plot elements before even reading the script of a film coming out two years from now.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm

Sorry, I'm not following. Who are other people that have crush on Finn except Rose in TLJ? I must've seen a different movie.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

John is just that kind of guy. He jokes around a lot, especially about ego. His sense of humor is both self deprecating and self affirming. When he's in kind of a joking mood, he can be a bit teasy. When it comes to answering actual questions seriously though, he might be the most straightforward of the cast. He shot down FinnRey diplomatically when VIII wasn't even finished filming because it was never going that way. He said not too long ago that TLJ would show us clearly which way things are going romantically for Finn when he was questioned about StormPilot. And yeah, of course it does.

FinnRey's not even a thing anymore, if we can even say it ever was. People are actually imagining that LF is discussing any romantic relationships at all aside from Reylo ("romantic tension" "they could make out") and FinnRose since they, you know, kissed in the canon. All of this "ship stress" is just fantasy anxiety being pulled out of literally nowhere because people can't just allow themselves to be happy or confident for even a month or two. Not enough problems going around? Time to invent some and moan about them to anybody and everybody. Rolling Eyes
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:40 pm

I agree that John seems to be implying Rey was jealous of Finn tending to Rose, but that doesn't even make sense. Rey doesn't even know the nature of their relationship, and he was tending to a injured comrade. If Rey is jealous of that, then she's more possessive and insecure than Kylo, and I can't believe they'd do that to Rey's character.

Whatever John thought Rey's look meant, I can't believe in a million years they're setting up some double sitcom love triangle for Rey after her connection with Kylo was set up with romantic drama, as confirmed by Rian. People complain about Reylo being Twilight, but Rey connecting with Kylo, but now getting jealous of Finn and Rose as a plot device to get her to realize she actually likes Finn "like that" rather than as a friend is teenage melodrama at its worst, especially since Kylo will obviously get jealous too. Wtf.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:44 pm

omg so brian k. reposted the mistletoe pic and freaking hashtagged reylo. omg....officially declared himself a reylo. cannot wait to see what more cute pics he makes of them!!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 40 Tumblr_p19wb9JYTJ1rlrpsko1_1280

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:54 pm

I swear, it seem like the people who find all the reasons for Reylo not to happen are Reylo fans themselves.

I get the anxiety guys, but pushing your ideas that you're so right Reylo won't happen has been the worst and unhealthiest aspect of this fandom.

Take your anxieties and doubts to other threads please. Most of us here are already dealing with real life anxieties for us to read through your dissertations on why Reylo won't happen. The one thing that makes others happy.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm

Kessel wrote:I agree that John seems to be implying Rey was jealous of Finn tending to Rose, but that doesn't even make sense. Rey doesn't even know the nature of their relationship, and he was tending to a injured comrade. If Rey is jealous of that, then she's more possessive and insecure than Kylo, and I can't believe they'd do that to Rey's character.

Whatever John thought Rey's look meant, I can't believe in a million years they're setting up some double sitcom love triangle for Rey after her connection with Kylo was set up with romantic drama, as confirmed by Rian. People complain about Reylo being Twilight, but Rey connecting with Kylo, but now getting jealous of Finn and Rose as a plot device to get her to realize she actually likes Finn "like that" rather than as a friend is teenage melodrama at its worst, especially since Kylo will obviously get jealous too. Wtf.
@Kessel
I don't ever expect to hear Rey described in such ridiculous, infantile terms in anything legitimate because that was so not the point of that scene. Not even close.

Rey looks wistful and isolated, but not in the sense that she's jealous of Rose (wtf?) The only way envy could be read there is if we're talking about how Rey feels jealous of the belonging Finn's found. You can see in Rey's expression that she's so happy for her friend, but deep down she's probably a little resentful of how easy it was for him. Finn and Rose's story is simple and sweet, nothing like the intimate, tempestuous connection and intertwined destiny Rey shares with her once enemy. Rian definitely used Finn and Rose's uncomplicated relationship to segregate Rey from the Resistance. We know full well she'll never really fit in there. Deep down, she knows that too, and the wistful little look she gives Finn and Rose expresses that fear of hers quite effectively. It's a theme going into the next chapter, and one I'm sure Kylo will share with her as he tries to navigate a place where he also doesn't belong.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:50 am

I honestly don't understand why people get worked up over fads such as actor's tweets. They are meant to animate fans, nothing more, nothing less.

Actors have no impact on the story-writing whatsoever unless they are Tom Cruise/Will Smith level of stardom. So an actor can stan for certain outcome all he/she wants, it won't happen if the writers/directors/producers won't go there. Oscar was stanning for Storm Pilot. Mark disagreed with Rian's vision for Luke. neither onion made a dent in the story.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 21 Dec 2017, 8:17 am

vaderito wrote:I honestly don't understand why people get worked up over fads such as actor's tweets. They are meant to animate fans, nothing more, nothing less.

Actors have no impact on the story-writing whatsoever unless they are Tom Cruise/Will Smith level of stardom. So an actor can stan for certain outcome all he/she wants, it won't happen if the writers/directors/producers won't go there. Oscar was stanning for Storm Pilot. Mark disagreed with Rian's vision for Luke. neither onion made a dent in the story.
@vaderito

Same. He was just making jokes and having some with fans on his Twitter, c'mon. lol!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40