Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+71
Oscarborough-fairo
Atenais
AhsokaTano
Mana
californiagirl
nana7marie
Mila95
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
grimbergen
BB-Rey
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Lily Snape
bashfulblueeyes3
orangedelamer
Starliteprism
KnightsofReylo_2015
DeeBee
unicorn
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Rey
Dar-ren19
Moonjump05
Darth Rowan
kroi
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
whisperingwillow
Darth Snoopy
SkyStar
Birdwoman
Acritiqua
Irina de France
Night Huntress
Armadeus
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
rawpowah
Forsythia
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
SheLitAFire
snufkin
Moonlight13
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
MindAndMagic
vaderito
Piper Maru
thescavenger
giaciak2
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
IoJovi
MyOnlyHope
lauvamp
Riri
Let The Past Die
special_cases
RosiePancake
Xylo Ren
CienaRee
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
rey09
tukicarreno
75 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:53 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Riri wrote:Im gonna post this here - i havent seen anyone mention this podcast. Here it is transcribed: https://m.soundcloud.com/thedirectorscut/star-wars-the-last-jedi-with-rian-johnson-and-spike-jonze-ep-123

Rian: They were shooting the first movie while I was writing so I was watching dailies while I was writing […] That was one of the really nice things about the timing of it is I was able to see how the actors were bringing it to life and getting to see her and getting to see Adam and what he was doing. And the other thing that was really nice–I was writing before the movie came out so I was writing just based on my reaction to it and not based on the world’s reaction to it.
Spike: Oh yeah I loved the parts with their conversations, I mean that’s kind of like the spine of the whole movie for me was their conversations with each other and their relationship and where it goes and–
Rian: Yeah.
Spike: So now do you have ideas for where the third movie could or should go or things–because it feels like their relationship is still at the sort of–the core of it.
Rian: Yeah absolutely but I don’t–JJ and Chris Terrio are writing right now, the third movie and I–it’s a similar thing […] I sat down, similar to the way I sat down with JJ at the beginning of this process and just had a talk where it’s just–but it’s just like a talk, we like had lunch and it’s just like “here’s where I thought I brought it to, here’s kind of the things I think I set up” but then it’s the baton handoff and now I turn back into an audience member and it’s kind of exciting.

At 12 mins!
@Riri

This is lovely!!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!! 

I love how it's reiterated once again that what we saw in TFA wasn't in our heads, and that Rian built upon that very non-platonic aspect.  As far as that last part, Rian might as well come out and say yeah their story isn't over yet, even if he can't announce that outright.  So beautiful!  cheers
@IoJovi

Awesome. This gives me so much hope for Reylo in IX. I am so happy! Thanks for this gem! Very Happy bounce I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rey09 Tue 13 Feb 2018, 9:48 pm

Is there a reason why reylos are happy about the cookie tweet? I mean I know the social medial accounts have no bearing on the story at all lol but it came off as "anti" to me so I'm not understanding the happiness

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 13 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

rey09 wrote:Is there a reason why reylos are happy about the cookie tweet? I mean I know the social medial accounts have no bearing on the story at all lol but it came off as "anti" to me so I'm not understanding the happiness
@rey09
The account liked the suggestion Tweet about cookies and posted a joke about the characters' contrasting personalities. Kylo is pretty broken and bitter [insert cry-face]. They even put the gif of Rey chewing with her mouth open. 

Honestly, unless LucasFilm's social media representatives are now into deliberately trolling fans, it's just a joke.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:05 pm

Yep, bitter and broken sounds like Kylo to me. Laughing It was a joke and not particularly pro or anti in any way other than acknowledging a Reylo mention just because they can.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:05 am

Kylo Rey wrote:

Adam knows his arc. When asked about him having any idea of what TPTB want to do with Kylo in episode 9, he said he has "a general sense about it":

He's been notified of specifics and key things in advance in order to convince him not only to join SW (when KK and JJ asked him) but also to help his performance. Daisy has also said that JJ told her about Rey's parents on one of the first days of shooting in Abu Dhabi. But agreed, Adam seems to know the most from all of the actors. I mean, Oscar Isaac had to beg JJ not to kill Poe off in TFA and I doubt John Boyega knows much more about Finn's fate.

@Kylo Rey but he did say he was very surprised with where Rian took Kylo in TLJ... to me, that says that he didn't know everything, at least, in TLJ.

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:38 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:

Adam knows his arc. When asked about him having any idea of what TPTB want to do with Kylo in episode 9, he said he has "a general sense about it":

He's been notified of specifics and key things in advance in order to convince him not only to join SW (when KK and JJ asked him) but also to help his performance. Daisy has also said that JJ told her about Rey's parents on one of the first days of shooting in Abu Dhabi. But agreed, Adam seems to know the most from all of the actors. I mean, Oscar Isaac had to beg JJ not to kill Poe off in TFA and I doubt John Boyega knows much more about Finn's fate.

@Kylo Rey but he did say he was very surprised with where Rian took Kylo in TLJ... to me, that says that he didn't know everything, at least, in TLJ.

@Dar-ren19

He probably knows the endgame for his character but not how he gets there if that makes sense.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:42 am

rey09 wrote:Is there a reason why reylos are happy about the cookie tweet? I mean I know the social medial accounts have no bearing on the story at all lol but it came off as "anti" to me so I'm not understanding the happiness
@rey09

What's exactly anti about it?

Kylo IS broken, that much is shown when he takes his helmet off in front of Snoke. He was forced to kill his father and it split him to the bone. He IS bitter. Bitter at Luke, Snoke, and mostly at himself.

Besides, I think some people missed the gif they posted right below with Rey stuffing her mouth with implied "broken and bitter" cookies Wink she likes what she's eating, and I'll...leave it at that Wink Wink
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:18 am

Yes, I think that this was always a plan since they decided to make Jedi Killer Solo son - that Luke somehow betrayed his student. And Adam knew it. I don't think even Hamill knew.

Interesting that Rian decided to add Rashomon flashbacks last minute. I suppose he decided that he needs to show everything because people won't believe each side without them.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:56 am

Xylo Ren wrote:
@rey09

Kylo IS broken, that much is shown when he takes his helmet off in front of Snoke. He was forced to kill his father and it split him to the bone. He IS bitter. Bitter at Luke, Snoke, and mostly at himself.

Besides, I think some people missed the gif they posted right below with Rey stuffing her mouth with implied "broken and bitter" cookies Wink she likes what she's eating, and I'll...leave it at that Wink Wink
@Xylo Ren

I agree Kylo is broken and bitter, it just gave off an anti vibe to me lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Wed 14 Feb 2018, 6:06 am

rey09 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
@rey09

@Xylo Ren

@rey09

I didn't view it negatively either, I felt it was done in a tongue in cheek way, especially as it had a winking emoji next to it, along with the gif below.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 14 Feb 2018, 6:35 am

Yeah guys the fact that they acknowledged Reylo with a tongue in cheek comment is what matters :p

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:01 am

lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:03 am

More lovely Reylo art liked by LF employee.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram NIKetDa

Also lol. Apparently the Kylo Rens at Disney ask you to leave if you bring up Rey. Razz I wonder what the Reys will be instructed to do.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram 3StX7ui

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram CI8cl86
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:07 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:More lovely Reylo art liked by LF employee.

Also lol. Apparently the Kylo Rens at Disney ask you to leave if you bring up Rey. Razz I wonder what the Reys will be instructed to do.

@MyOnlyHope

I am literally laughing out loud at this.  My husband and I plan to go to Disney World sometime in October.  I am 100% planning on doing the Kylo Ren meet and greet and sure enough I can tell you I am bold enough where I was planning on asking him about his ex girlfriend.   Laughing  

I'll keep you up to date on how that goes.

And yes, Matt Martin has been a blessing to our fandom ever since TLJ was released!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:22 am

IoJovi wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:More lovely Reylo art liked by LF employee.

@MyOnlyHope

I am literally laughing out loud at this.  My husband and I plan to go to Disney World sometime in October.  I am 100% planning on doing the Kylo Ren meet and greet and sure enough I can tell you I am bold enough where I was planning on asking him about his ex girlfriend.   Laughing  

I'll keep you up to date on how that goes.

And yes, Matt Martin has been a blessing to our fandom ever since TLJ was released!!!
@IoJovi

I've been waiting for this the whole day! And it's almost 4 PM over here!

Happy Reylo Valentines to all of you Skyforumers!  Love Love Love
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Wed 14 Feb 2018, 9:31 am

@lauvamp

Oh what a great response from Starwars Spain to the Rey gif tweet, replying with a Kylo gif. Claps
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 14 Feb 2018, 9:37 am

@special_cases could you expand on the Rashomon flashbacks a bit? What did Rian do, exactly?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:@special_cases could you expand on the Rashomon flashbacks a bit? What did Rian do, exactly?
@Dar-ren19

The Rashomon Effect is when the same story or event is told from different points of view often having contradictory tellings.  Ben and Luke's flashback are the examples in TLJ; Luke claimed he just wanted to talk to Ben and he attacked him for no reason.  Ben said he was sleeping and awoke to find his master trying to kill him for no reason.  The final version was the truth with Luke considering striking his former student down and reconsidering only to realize it was to late and Ben had seen him with his saber drawn and understandably assuming he was being threatened.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:26 am

Let The Past Die wrote:
rey09 wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
@rey09

@Xylo Ren

@rey09

I didn't view it negatively either, I felt it was done in a tongue in cheek way, especially as it had a winking emoji next to it, along with the gif below.

I take issue with that tweet and view it in a negative light.

I mean, they had a good metaphor there that they could have improved upon if they had taken longer than two seconds to think of their wording. Cookies (bad ones) can indeed taste bitter and be broken. That part is fine. But when are cookies ever literally "caring"? "Strong" maybe; that provides somewhat of a reasonable contrast to "broken," which a cookie can certainly be. But "caring"? Pfffft, awkward wording. What they should have said is "strong and sweet" to contrast with "broken and bitter." Then the metaphor would have made sense. C+ for your effort, Official Star Wars Twitter, and next time try to put a little thought into your homework questions instead of rushing to get things done.

(I'm obviously kidding and just having a bit of fun. Smile )

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:32 am

special_cases wrote:Yes, I think that this was always a plan since they decided to make Jedi Killer Solo son - that Luke somehow betrayed his student. And Adam knew it. I don't think even Hamill knew.

Interesting that Rian decided to add Rashomon flashbacks last minute. I suppose he decided that he needs to show everything because people won't believe each side without them.
@special_cases

I'm not sure Adam knew the specifics but he was for sure told that Kylo is the way he is because of Snoke's influence and because his family badly betrayed him. Not just slightly failed him, betrayed him. That's why he's so quick to say Kylo feels really abandoned and hurt at his family in older interviews. I think he was also told that Kylo felt betrayed and furious at Luke in particular, to explain why he wants that map to find him so badly, even if he didn't know exactly why.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:35 am

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/963799786569822209

Pablos valentines tweet. Lol Poor Ben, his poor romantic confession is the butt of all jokes lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:39 am

Riri wrote:https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/963799786569822209

Pablos valentines tweet. Lol Poor Ben, his poor romantic confession is the butt of all jokes lol
@Riri cheers cheers cheers Basketball

It looks like a pill. I want to eat it!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:44 am

@Riri

And the people tweeting Reylo gifs to Pablo.

I'am laughing like crazy right now.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:46 am

@Riri

Just had a quick look at Twitter too. Rian replied to this post with hearts

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/963803483659894785

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen11

I mean this is all I want from Reylo Johnson really
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content