Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

+41
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Moonlight13
MrsWindu
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
Night Huntress
Kylo Rey
Moonjump05
Casper
Kessel
Saracene
Acritiqua
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Men
rey09
DeeBee
Anakin Skywalker
SoloSideCousin
RosiePancake
Forsythia
shii405
reylo1992
Reylo Lemon
Cowgirlsamurai
Gemini
Birdwoman
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
panki
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
snufkin
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
IoJovi
PalmettoBlue
ISeeAnIsland
Irina de France
45 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Irina de France Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

To come back to what the article said... I think I said yes out loud when I saw the line about Holdo and Leia being on opposite sides in the Senate. That means Holdo is a Centrist - and that party had people feom the Elder Houses being pretty influent, and it was implied they would be eventually linked to the FO.

If Leia and Holdo are going to be eventually on opposing sides... Holdo could be the side who would want to reach out to the FO and maybe even ally woth them, while Leia (and Poe) could be the no-compromise side.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:17 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:Have y'all seen this? It's not much (if anything) new, but it has a picture I've never seen of Holdo.
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/877578/Star-Wars-8-leaks-scenes-Last-Jedi-battle-D-Qar-Leia-Kyo-Ren-Snoke
@PalmettoBlue

So, um, some interesting bits in this article (bold emphasis added by me):

1. “The opening battle scene is actually named the Evacuation of D’Qar. It is said to be unique in the Star Wars films…”

The trailers have already shown Leia on the bridge of the Reistance ship, The Raddus.

The Raddus is a heavy cruiser which once belonged to the Republic and was one of the last ships built before the Military Disarmament Act was signed by the Galactic Empire and New Republic. Although it is a relatively old ship it has been entirely remodelled and made even more battle ready.

2. “The Raddus is under protection because General Leia is on board. It’s up to the A-wing squad to protect her until help arrives from the remnants of the Republic.”

3. “Kylo Ren’s mission is to take out the Radus’ shields from the inside by using his TIE Silencer.”

This is a totally new model of TIE and has been made specifically for Kylo Ren.

4. “The Raddus is emitting a beacon signal across the galaxy, calling to all remnants of the Republic to come and save them.”

This is an exciting moment, because the former Republic had not believed Leia’s warnings that the First Order posed a terrible threat. Now that Hosnian Prime has been destroyed, the Republic is reeling and in desperate need of something to rally behind.

Is this the moment Leia steps up and becomes the figurehead of the entire galaxy?

4. ‘Part of Kylo Ren’s mission is to take out the signal before help can be summoned and to kill General Leia.”

Clearly we know he fails at the first, since a huge battle has already been shown in the trailers. The trailers also imply that Kylo is about to fire on the Raddus. From later scenes showing Leia on Crait is is clear that Kylo does not attempt to kill his mother - or he tries and fails.

Does this failure lead to a showdown with an angry and disappointed Snoke? Is this why Kylo Ren storms into the elevator and smashes his helmet? Is he angry with himself for his failure or angry with Snoke for withdrawing his support?

5. “There are a total of 20 A-wings that lead the defence of the Raddus as the First Order Dreadnought attacks.”

6. “The climax of the battle will introduce Vice Admiral Holdo (Laura Dern).”

Fans are expecting some fireworks between the two women, who have long been on opposing sides in the former Republic Senate.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:40 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:Have y'all seen this? It's not much (if anything) new, but it has a picture I've never seen of Holdo.
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/877578/Star-Wars-8-leaks-scenes-Last-Jedi-battle-D-Qar-Leia-Kyo-Ren-Snoke
@PalmettoBlue

1. “The opening battle scene is actually named the Evacuation of D’Qar. It is said to be unique in the Star Wars films…”

The trailers have already shown Leia on the bridge of the Reistance ship, The Raddus.

The Raddus is a heavy cruiser which once belonged to the Republic and was one of the last ships built before the Military Disarmament Act was signed by the Galactic Empire and New Republic. Although it is a relatively old ship it has been entirely remodelled and made even more battle ready.

2. “The Raddus is under protection because General Leia is on board. It’s up to the A-wing squad to protect her until help arrives from the remnants of the Republic.”

3. “Kylo Ren’s mission is to take out the Radus’ shields from the inside by using his TIE Silencer.”

4. “The Raddus is emitting a beacon signal across the galaxy, calling to all remnants of the Republic to come and save them.”

This is an exciting moment, because the former Republic had not believed Leia’s warnings that the First Order posed a terrible threat. Now that Hosnian Prime has been destroyed, the Republic is reeling and in desperate need of something to rally behind.

Is this the moment Leia steps up and becomes the figurehead of the entire galaxy?

4. ‘Part of Kylo Ren’s mission is to take out the signal before help can be summoned and to kill General Leia.”

Clearly we know he fails at the first, since a huge battle has already been shown in the trailers. The trailers also imply that Kylo is about to fire on the Raddus. From later scenes showing Leia on Crait is is clear that Kylo does not attempt to kill his mother - or he tries and fails.

Does this failure lead to a showdown with an angry and disappointed Snoke? Is this why Kylo Ren storms into the elevator and smashes his helmet? Is he angry with himself for his failure or angry with Snoke for withdrawing his support?

5. “There are a total of 20 A-wings that lead the defence of the Raddus as the First Order Dreadnought attacks.”

Fans are expecting some fireworks between the two women, who have long been on opposing sides in the former Republic Senate.

@ISeeAnIsland

I read the bit about taking down the shields and thought it worked with potentially docking. And I assumed his mission was to kill Leia, but that’s not happening.  It’s just, not.

I didn’t watch the video, and perhaps I should so I know where they got these quotes.

And update : Mike Zeroh is the source. Make if that what you will.

Last edited by PalmettoBlue on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:43 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@PalmettoBlue

@ISeeAnIsland

I read the bit about taking down the shields and thought it worked with potentially docking. And I assumed his mission was to kill Leia, but that’s not happening. It’s just, not.

I didn’t watch the video, and perhaps I should so I know where they got these quotes.
@PalmettoBlue

There is zero chance Kylo kills his mom, or even makes an attempt and fails. He won’t be able to do it, period. You have a scene of that caliber with Han, only to cheapen it by redoing it again with the other parent in the next movie. The point of that scene is to show character progression, and how Han’s death is absolutely destroying him from the inside out.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 09 Nov 2017, 8:47 pm

@IoJovi
I completely agree. I’ve never thought he’d kill her.
I have a friend who thinks he will. Bless his cotton socks.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:38 pm

@snufkin
We're going to pm you about that.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:44 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:@IoJovi
I completely agree. I’ve never thought he’d kill her.
I have a friend who thinks he will. Bless his cotton socks.
@PalmettoBlue

I actually think Kylos rage and the smashing of the helmet is because Snoke is demanding too much of him.First kill your father. Then your mother. His master is demanding everything and giving nothing. Something has to give.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:51 pm

@SheLitAFire - I'm about to turn off nearly of my social media and forum accounts in the next day because I have major work deadlines and want to avoid spoilers. So I'll be scarce around these parts and won't respond to any PMs until likely the week of TLJ's release.

It's just a suggestion because several people, especially as we get closer to release, have posted things here like magazine scans and translations which then get stolen by Reddit and other places on the Internet. Not to mention the content which got plagiarized by the YouTube dude or somebody trying to pass off what @Tex wrote as a question for @nonesuch's blog. Maybe set up a thread in the members-only section for those type of posts? At least that way some of the thieves won't have as easy a time when it comes to helping themselves to content written for here or shared as being part of this community.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 10 Nov 2017, 12:26 am

shii405 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:@shii405

This is awesome! Aaaand was swiped and posted on Reddit and is now going around as a screenshot on Tumblr. If you weren't aware of that, then the lurkers strike yet again!

@ZioRen

As long as it is spread among fellow Reylos, I'm fine. But if it will be misused by anti-Reylos to make fun of my translation being biased toward Reylo, then  No

ZioRen wrote:Well, I'll post some more/alternate translations of the quotes in the article and, get this, link you to the actual source! Wow, gosh, gee!

My own translations of quotes in the article:
“The things that happen to these two people [Rey and Kylo] are emotional, and it's really important for the viewer to empathize,” [says Rian Johnson] who apparently coaxed performances that would get at the inner feelings of these two characters more than the previous film.
Daisy had this interesting comment about the film: “The Last Jedi starts off with the things that have been left unfinished by The Force Awakens. Rey has certain expectations.” [toward Luke?]
Adam, regarding the Kylo's killing of his own father Han Solo in the previous movie, hints at an inner conflict in the new movie: “That's [Kylo's] starting point. His internal wounds cut more deeply than the one on his face he got from fighting Rey.”
According to director Rian, the two actors' performances were “even better than in the previous movie. I believe the 'circumstances' depicted in the new movie have impacted their growth.”
“Their characters were established through the grand adventure of the first film. In the new one, we inevitably dig even further into their characters. Everyone will be thrilled by the new challenges they face,” said the director regarding audience expectations.

Source

@ZioRen

Thanks for the link *checked* I swear the Japanese article meant the "emotional" part is something happening to Reylo in TLJ (and NOT in TFA), be it separately or together. And I am leaning more toward "together" because official synopsis from Disney Japan and the same repeating articles in other Japanese media, always mentioned their "shocking destiny" together, dammit! Very Happy

And fyi, I am also checking Japanese fans reactions wondering if I misunderstood the Japanese wordings, but they are also very hyped with all the given hints so far by Disney Japan, thinking they will really get Reylo romance. So, I have confidence, lol.
@shii405

That's why it's always interesting to me to see multiple people's translations of things! What one person reads into it, another may not. So Japanese fans are saying that the way it's written makes it seem like the "emotional" part is about Kylo and Rey's shared experience and not their separate experiences?

Which I mean, even if it was their separate experiences, it's clear that they're supposed to be connected by the emotional journeys they go through and recognize that familiarity in each other eventually. Otherwise there would be no point of paralleling them so hard or giving them the same brand of power and the struggle that goes along with it. So anybody trying to act like "Oh, they must mean that Kylo and Rey go through emotional things that are totally separate and don't ever link back to the other whatsoever" is being way disingenuous.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:33 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@PalmettoBlue

@ISeeAnIsland

I read the bit about taking down the shields and thought it worked with potentially docking. And I assumed his mission was to kill Leia, but that’s not happening.  It’s just, not.

And update : Mike Zeroh is the source. Make if that what you will.
@PalmettoBlue

Is Mike Zeroh the source of the whole article?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 10 Nov 2017, 3:38 am

There have been recent instances of scans and translations being used by external websites/individuals without giving credit to the original posters of this forum. In the light of this, please post any scans and translations in the thread linked below where non-members cannot access them:

Scans and Translations

Last edited by panki on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

Guys, for the millionth time, do not quote The Express. They get their scoops from Mike Zeroh. The Express, MovePilot and MovieWeb are trash, clickbait sites!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:19 am

New Japanese interview: http://eiga.com/news/20171016/1/

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : content removed - forum matters)
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:38 am

Daisy debunking Immaculate Conception and Time Travel (with hints she includes reincarnation in this, watch the video) is as shocking and unexpected as Daisy debunking Soloist. lol!

"There isn't immaculate conception that results in the creation of a new character"

For more, watch:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVE3YHlcAp/

Nemling and Sakurau121 teamed up for translation of the japanese interview from @FrolickingFizzgig link:

http://nemling.tumblr.com/

http://sakurau121.tumblr.com/post/167369189665/nemling-sleemo-okay-one-last-thing-before-i

The important thing was not just to strengthen him [Kylo], but actually to highlight the matter of “who” he actually is.

When asked about his thoughts towards Kylo Ren, a character who carries both complexity and vulnerability, the director had this to say, putting a lot of effort into his words: “He is not someone who is completely evil; the armour which he wraps himself in has cracks. I found one of those cracks and opened it up. Through this work, I hoped to understand him.”

“Many people will be shocked by the development of the story”, said Daisy Ridley. “I thought I knew everything, but it’s turned out to be a story that I absolutely could not have predicted”, says Mark Hamill. The actors themselves it seems were unable to hide their shock surrounding the “surprise” in the story, but in the end, “’the surprise’ is something which naturally forms as the story progresses.”

“If your aim is to simply shock people, then of course it will never happen. For me, my number one goal is to keep it real. We sincerely chase after these characters, and then, unexpectedly, find surprises awaiting them. It’s the same in my life. Looking back, you should be able to see that the ‘surprise’ was naturally obvious.”

I'm sure that "surprise was naturally obvious" is going to delight Reywalkers. lol!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:54 am

Besides Reylo what else will be the surprise?
They make out and then discover they are cousins?? Hahaha

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:14 pm

Birdwoman wrote:Besides Reylo what else will be the surprise?
They make out and then discover they are cousins?? Hahaha
@Birdwoman

That's been done lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 11 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

“I want you to pay attention to Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) in particular." - Rian Johnson

Ok.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Img_3311

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Img_3313
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 11 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

“I want you to pay attention to Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) in particular." - Rian Johnson

Ok.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Right? Twist my arm... lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 11 Nov 2017, 1:51 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Ok.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Tumblr12
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 11 Nov 2017, 2:31 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Ok.

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

I don’t know; I might get distracted by the pew-pew...
Nah.
I can’t even finish that sentence.

No problem, Rian, you don’t even have to tell me to pay attention to Kylo. I’ll be riveted.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

Ok.

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Maria Antonietta

I don’t know; I might get distracted by the pew-pew...
Nah.
I can’t even finish that sentence.

No problem, Rian, you don’t even have to tell me to pay attention to Kylo. I’ll be riveted.
@PalmettoBlue

Always had the gut feeling that TLJ would be Kylo's movie. Thanks Rian!
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Happy10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:21 am

Stumbled upon this tweet 

https://twitter.com/DarthDeceit/status/929545912329711616

Is there any Oscar interview where he said he will have romance with someone? Is it Rose's sister?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:39 am

shii405 wrote:Stumbled upon this tweet 

https://twitter.com/DarthDeceit/status/929545912329711616

Is there any Oscar interview where he said he will have romance with someone? Is it Rose's sister?
@shii405

No, this is from an old article from early 2016 about an (at that time still unreleased) interview where John denied Stormpilot, saying it was all "in Oscar's head" (IIRC John later became more open-minded about possible Stormpilot romance). Since Oscar had said he was playing romance (referring to Stormpilot), the author of the article came to the conclusion that Poe must have a romance with someone else who was in TFA. The quote in the tweet is not from Oscar or John, it's just the author's misinterpretation of quotes that were actually about Stormpilot, so it doesn't prove anything.

(Here's the article: https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Finn-Poe-Gay-Couple-Here-What-John-Boyega-Says-104647.html)

I really don't understand how people interpreted John's "[Stormpilot romance exists only] in Oscar's head" as "Poe was playing romance with someone else in TFA"... It reminds me of the recent PrincessGate No

Last edited by Forsythia on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by panki Sun 12 Nov 2017, 9:20 am

Battlefront 2 leaks have 2 cutscenes from the end of the campaign showing Kylo...there are more images and clips in the battlefront 2 thread (Takodana Woods sub-forum) but feel these two might be relevant here as well.

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next