Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow

+13
LadyGaufrette
panki
SoloSideCousin
ZioRen
BB-Rey
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
Birdwoman
SheLitAFire
Night Huntress
CienaRee
Irina de France
Man Without A Star
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Empty Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow

Post by Man Without A Star Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/star-wars-padme-amidala-young-adult-novel-way/

I am so excited! Padmé is a character that definetly deserves more stories, so I am glad that she is finaly getting her own novel. What do you all think? Are you excited as well? Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Empty Re: Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow

Post by Irina de France Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

THANK THE LORD, because boy am I not satisfied on how Padmé's been treated so far by Disney. That novel better be good!
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Empty Re: Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow

Post by CienaRee Mon 13 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

You were fatser than me on creating a thread for the Padme novel(Laughing ) but I'm so glad Padme's finally getting a novel of her own.Seriously, the last time she got her own novel was in 1999 after TPM was released so it would be almost 20 years without getting any new Padme content excluding TCW!
That's insane and LF should be ashamed of ignoring such a great character like Padme who's also Luke and Leia's freaking mother!

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:00 pm

well, I don't know. To be honest... I'm not so much into Padme. Somehow she never really got me invested emotionally.
When she died in RotS I didn't even cared Nope

It's a shame because she could have been epic... they are many alternate ending stories about RotS on youtube. In one of them Padme tried to kill Anakin herself on Mustafar when she realized what he had become. That would have been awesome! But for some reason GL decided to make her this week uninteresting (and sorry stupid) woman who died of a broken heart (really? L-puke ). I rather she would have been really killed off by Anakin.

So it's hard for me to be interested in any backstory because I know how she ended as this pathetic character at the end.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm

If Queen Breha's treatment is anything to go by in the Leia YA novel, I'm looking forward to what they do with Padme (I've only liked her in the episode where she tried to help keep the blue shadow virus from spreading all over Naboo at the risk of her life in TCW)....I'm hoping they explore her relationship with Rush Clovis (the whole statecraft and banking clan angle) and that we see more of her parents, nieces etc.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:06 pm

The Queen approves.
Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Anigif10

SO PYSCHED FOR THIS. H-beating
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:09 pm

YAY!!!!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:17 pm

Finally,

JUSTICE 4 PADME!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 13 Nov 2017, 2:28 pm

Yay! Even my 5-year-old has noticed the lack of Padmé toys, etc, compared to other Star Wars' heroines. I'm definitely buying this.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:15 pm

Now that I have more time to respond (I was at work when I saw the announcement) I have to say I'm really excited, because while I love Leia, Padme has some strange hold over me, even though I think GL made some major mistakes with the script (etc, etc). I think it was because I was 11 or 12 when TPM came out and felt a connection to her teenage character (plus I loved Natalie Portman).
I've always been fascinated with the political side of the SW universe, Naboo in general, the politics on Naboo, and the intricacies of her handmaidens and decoy system. I honestly don't know much about her life aside from the PT movies, so I can't wait to learn more. I think it's interesting they elect a queen on Naboo. I always assumed her whole family was dynastic royalty!
I haven't read any of the YA novels in the SW canon. Are they well written? Do we know who the author is? (I couldn't find that in the article.)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:32 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Now that I have more time to respond (I was at work when I saw the announcement) I have to say I'm really excited, because while I love Leia, Padme has some strange hold over me, even though I think GL made some major mistakes with the script (etc, etc). I think it was because I was 11 or 12 when TPM came out and felt a connection to her teenage character (plus I loved Natalie Portman).
I've always been fascinated with the political side of the SW universe, Naboo in general, the politics on Naboo, and the intricacies of her handmaidens and decoy system. I honestly don't know much about her life aside from the PT movies, so I can't wait to learn more. I think it's interesting they elect a queen on Naboo. I always assumed her whole family was dynastic royalty!
I haven't read any of the YA novels in the SW canon. Are they well written? Do we know who the author is? (I couldn't find that in the article.)
@SheLitAFire

We don't know who the author is yet. I'm crossing my fingers for Claudia Gray, but I doubt she will tackle that one.

For the SW YA novels... I highly recommend Lost Stars and Leia, Princess of Alderaan. Ahsoka was decent (though I feel like a lot more could have been done with it), and I haven't read Rebel Rising... mainly because I got told it was written before the big changes for R1 occured and therefore, Jyn and Cassian's characterizations are different, apparently.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 03 Jan 2018, 2:00 pm

Yes!! I wish I knew this sooner but, I'm so excited. Padme is one of my absolute favorite characters from a galaxy far, far away. I've been watching Clone Wars from time to time lately and really loved her arc with Ahsoka in Clone Wars where they go talk with Mina Bonteri and her son, Lux. I also watched the deleted scenes with her parents from Attack of the Clones. They added so much depth to her character. I hope they'll be explored in the book. Smile

Here's the deleted scenes for anyone interested. They're actually quite lovely and cute!

Last edited by BB-Rey on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 03 Jan 2018, 3:05 pm

I know some people are thinking that IX may see a return to Naboo. Now that this novel is coming out, I hope that Padme is mentioned a lot if that's the case. She deserves to be remembered in the current canon just like Anakin is.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 03 Jan 2018, 3:16 pm

ZioRen wrote:I know some people are thinking that IX may see a return to Naboo. Now that this novel is coming out, I hope that Padme is mentioned a lot if that's the case. She deserves to be remembered in the current canon just like Anakin is.
@ZioRen

Actually if it goes more Benperor than Renperor, she might be mentioned a decent amount.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:59 am

ZioRen wrote:I know some people are thinking that IX may see a return to Naboo. Now that this novel is coming out, I hope that Padme is mentioned a lot if that's the case. She deserves to be remembered in the current canon just like Anakin is.
@ZioRen

I hope we get parallels between her and Leia as she was depicted in the Leia Princess of Alderaan novel...also, it would be interesting if we get to see her thoughts on your Anakin when she first meets him as a slave on Tatooine.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 31 Jul 2018, 4:56 am

I up this topic because 8 months later we finally have info on the Padme novel.

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-queens-shadow-revealed-and-more-from-the-lucasfilm-publishing-panel

@Man Without A Star

Maybe you can change the title of your topic? Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 31 Jul 2018, 5:04 am

@LadyGaufrette - I literally just replied to a comment of yours saying welcome and I hope you will join us in Takodana woods.. and ta da! here you are!!!
Good idea about the title..

I look forward to exploring wider SW content with you LadyGuafrette!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 31 Jul 2018, 5:55 am

@DeeBee

I am working on it! I saw your comment while I was typing on another topic, but I am sloooow for writing in english.
I am a gravedigger, i'm going to revive a lot of old topic in Takodana. (Bonus, I also have some knowledge about the Legend, so more topic of discussion)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:12 am

You beat me to it Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:17 am

Man Without A Star wrote:You beat me to it Very Happy
@Man Without A Star

Sorry to mystery mod -  I added the name of the novel in the title but forgot to put a note. XD

By the way guys I am totally cosplaying as Queen Amidala at celebration and I'm working on this headpiece as we speak!

Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Sw_padmeya_cvr_lz_sdcc_fnl-683x1024-333x500

So awesome to see new material on Padme, can't wait to read it.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:45 am

@Darth Rowan

We HAVE to see this headpiece!! Looking forward to April
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 31 Jul 2018, 11:07 am

Agree with @MrsWindu , I'm excited to see your cosplay @Darth Rowan bounce
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 31 Jul 2018, 12:54 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Darth Rowan

We HAVE to see this headpiece!! Looking forward to April
@MrsWindu @LadyGaufrette

OMG this is totally off topic but I am LOVING making this Amidala headpiece so far. I'm a total noob and I hadn't done any type of crafts since my first year of high school so I had to do tons of research and then buy all the material and tools for this to start from scratch.  XD

I'm still trying to work out some kinks in my design, especially for the shape of the roll of hair to be just right. Here are some bad pics of the early stuff, once I'm near done I will post a full tutorial in the cosplay thread.

This is craft foam, worbla (an amaaaaaazing thermoplastic!), and polymer clay for the detail. I painted it in acrylic and then gold-leaf. The "wings" at the side have red lace. <3

ETA: found a higher resolution pic:
Padme Amidala Young Novel Announced: Queen's Shadow Wings_10
wings progress:
Here is the base:
Base progress:

I am really hoping that more people will cosplay Padme, she has THE best wardrobe.
@LadyGaufrette you were mentioning earlier that you miss the majestic music and lightsaber duels from the Prequels in the ST, and I totally get that because that's how I feel about Padme's pageantry. We desperately need a fashionista in ST and lord knows it won't be Rey or Leia - that's not their style. Hopefully Kylo Ren will embrace his grandma's fashion sense and will wear some haute couture Renperor fashions in IX!

For Padme, I think she might become more popular again after her novel comes out. Here's hoping!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 31 Jul 2018, 1:29 pm

@Darth Rowan

Holy cow!!!! That’s a masterpiece of engineering!!! Seriously where are you finding the time to do this ??
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 31 Jul 2018, 2:08 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Darth Rowan

Holy cow!!!! That’s a masterpiece of engineering!!! Seriously where are you finding the time to do this ??
@MrsWindu

LOL it's been on standby with all the podcasting stuff, I'm looking forward to working on it some more this week. ^^
I'll PM you some progress pics!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next