Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

+80
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
Lovely_Rose
Darth_marshmallow
rawpowah
Darth Dingbat
Geralt_Riv
Moonlight13
ZephyrStrife
TheLastJedi
Blackcanary
Mana
whisperingwillow
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Saracene
thescavenger
FrolickingFizzgig
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
AnneNeville
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
DeeBee
Moonjump05
SheLitAFire
grimbergen
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Atenais
madeinmn
Kylo Rey
Rimfaxe96
KnightsofReylo_2015
fuhry
unicorn
jakkusun
Irina de France
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
Lily Snape
teltaru
AcrosstheStars
rey09
EchoBase
Reynak
PalmettoBlue
Gemlake
Birdwoman
lauvamp
Chained Prometheus
Darth_Awakened
Rei of Sunshine
cherrylipstick
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Darth Rowan
MyOnlyHope
RosiePancake
MrsWindu
MindAndMagic
BenRey
Night Huntress
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
Forsythia
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
special_cases
reylo1992
AhsokaTano
shii405
Tex
HJ98
RKR Connection
84 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:44 am

reylo1992 wrote:Guys! I just wanted to check a detail with you.

I must have completely missed it but: is it true that Rey stole the old Jedi texts before leaving Ahch-To Question bounce bounce bounce
@reylo1992

I only saw that the second time around! Bet Yoda knew about that.

thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:25 am

thescavenger wrote:

I must have completely missed it but: is it true that Rey stole the old Jedi texts before leaving Ahch-To Question bounce bounce bounce
@reylo1992

@thescavenger

That makes the fire scene so much better Smile
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:33 am

reylo1992 wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@reylo1992

@thescavenger

@reylo1992

Yup! I caught it the third time. Those puppies are going to come back in IX!
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:01 am

I don't know where the hell to put this, but I don't like it and I don't like how Rian is saying that Kylo manipulated Rey:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/16/the-last-jedi-spoiler-rey-parents/2/

Mods can move it to another place if it's more appropriate.

*shrugs*
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:00 pm

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' has monster box office opening

"The Last Jedi," the eighth installment in the "Star Wars" saga, premiered this weekend to the second-biggest opening ever in North America. It brought in an estimated $220 million, according to Disney.
The Disney film's opening is second only to its predecessor, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which opened to $248 million in December 2015 

"The Last Jedi" also had the second-biggest Thursday night opening and the second-biggest opening day. Again, only "Force Awakens" has made more in those categories.
The film has made $450 million around the world since opening overseas Wednesday. Those numbers are eye-popping because the film hasn't opened yet in China, the world's second-biggest film market. It will premiere there on January 5.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/17/media/star-wars-last-jedi-opening-weekend-box-office/index.html
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:06 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@reylo1992

@thescavenger

@reylo1992

am I the only one wishing they really burned to ashes in that tree? I thought it was time for the Jedi to end... and I agree with all that Luke said about the Jedi- so why this twist?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@reylo1992

@thescavenger

@reylo1992

am I the only one wishing they really burned to ashes in that tree? I thought it was time for the Jedi to end... and I agree with all that Luke said about the Jedi- so why this twist?
@Night Huntress
IMO Rey has to really know what came before in order to prevent making the same mistakes. She is a Force user who is not terribly concerned about dark vs. light (Kylo is the same, ironically).
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@reylo1992

@thescavenger

@reylo1992

@Night Huntress
IMO Rey has to really know what came before in order to prevent making the same mistakes. She is a Force user who is not terribly concerned about dark vs. light (Kylo is the same, ironically).
@FrolickingFizzgig

Same! I was very disappointed that we learnt nearly nothing about the so-called age-old mysteries. Let's keep in mind that Snoke had a huge agenda and was aware of the past to a great level.

And here is his quote in the throne:

"Darkness rises and light to meet it"

Snoke identified Kylo as darkness rising - a new Vader - and believed Luke to be the light meeting him. He obviously didn't expect this girl to be the light meeting the darkness. And there is now no doubt that he wanted to use Kylo to destroy Luke and then Rey. He doesn't kill Rey by himself: he asks Kylo to fulfill his destiny by killing his Light counterpart. But Kylo ends up killing his true enemy, a main menace to the Balance  since Snoke wanted to extinguish the light and there "cannot be balance without the Jedi" according to LSK.

Didn't Luke say to Rey something like for years there was balance and then the Jedi sort of misinterpreted the original vision of the Balance? So there must be something about the Old Jedi texts that described the Balance before the Jedi era.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:28 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@reylo1992

@thescavenger

@reylo1992

@Night Huntress
@FrolickingFizzgig

Same! I was very disappointed that we learnt nearly nothing about the so-called age-old mysteries. Let's keep in mind that Snoke had a huge agenda and what aware of the past to a great level.

And here is his quote in the throne:

"Darkness rises and light to meet it"

Snoke identified Kylo as darkness rising - a new Vader - and believed Luke to be the light meeting him. He obviously didn't expect this girl to be the light meeting the darkness. And there is now no doubt that he wanted to use Kylo to destroy Luke and then Rey. He doesn't kill Rey by himself: he asks Kylo to fulfill his destiny by killing his Light counterpart. But Kylo ends up killing his true enemy, a main menace to the Balance since Snoke wanted to extinguish the light and there "cannot be balance without the Jedi" according LSK.

So there must be something about the Old Jedi texts that described the Balance before the Jedi era. Didn't Luke say to Rey something like for years there was balance and then the Jedi sort of misinterpreted the original vision of the Balance?
@reylo1992
I don't think we're done with the Jedi texts or the prime Jedi. The tile was given enough emphasis in TLJ to be re-introduced in IX without much problem. Rian left it there for a reason.

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 2 Ej6oRlp

There's SO MUCH Yin/Yang imagery between Rey and Kylo in this film. Like damn.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:59 pm

I saw this interview before I watched the film and now I know which scene she meant Very Happy.

http://30secondstoania.tumblr.com/post/168646321740/reylohues-daisy-ridley-on-a-funny-moment-while/amp?__twitter_impression=true

This also proves that Adam and Daisy filmed all those force bond scenes together and not only with stand ins.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:20 pm

do you guys have the movie's time line? especially Rey's?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:24 pm

The tide has turned. I never thought I would see the day where a pro-reylo post would receive over 9k notes. Former antis on Twitter and Tumblr joining the family. It's surreal. Shocked
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@reylo1992
Yes, you see them in a drawer on the Falcon.

Rey is a bad girl. Not only did she hit Luke with a stick, she stole his collectibles. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

What?? I have not noticed this! In which scene we can see those books in a drawer on Falcon?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:33 pm

shii405 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@reylo1992

Rey is a bad girl. Not only did she hit Luke with a stick, she stole his collectibles. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

What?? I have not noticed this! In which scene we can see those books in a drawer on Falcon?
@shii405

Finn reaches in to a drawer and pulls out a blanket to cover Rose at the end. They’re in that drawer Smile

I just read that the princes’ Stormtrooper bits were cut from the film, and also that Ellie Goulding had a very minor role.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:00 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
shii405 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@reylo1992

@FrolickingFizzgig

@shii405

Finn reaches in to a drawer and pulls out a blanket to cover Rose at the end. They’re in that drawer Smile

I just read that the princes’ Stormtrooper bits were cut from the film, and also that Ellie Goulding had a very minor role.
@Cowgirlsamurai
I love how Yoda says "There is nothing in that library that the girl Rey does not already possess" (or something like that) after burning down the tree. LMFAO. Yoda is such a troll.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:19 am

I think I read somewhere before TLJ first cut was 3 hours? Do we know what are the deleted scenes? I am so looking forward to, at least, ONE Force bond deleted scene. OR!! Full Force bond scenes with both Rey and Kylo from both locations. Too much to ask? God, I can't wait for all the Reylo goodness we get from DVD/Bluray.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:02 am

shii405 wrote:I think I read somewhere before TLJ first cut was 3 hours? Do we know what are the deleted scenes? I am so looking forward to, at least, ONE Force bond deleted scene. OR!! Full Force bond scenes with both Rey and Kylo from both locations. Too much to ask? God, I can't wait for all the Reylo goodness we get from DVD/Bluray.
@shii405

I could watch a whole movie of those two arguing, conversing, or eye f***ing each other through the FB.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:14 am

To me TLJ is a gift that keeps on giving. I loved it immediately and my appreciation grows. I've only seen it once, but there are lots of subtleties you can pick up, lots of layers and complex interactions. At first you're hit with the stark contrast in tone and visual style, humour, everything, which can either draw you in or put you off. It's more cynical and self-aware, but ultimately it also offers unique depth that we haven't seen in SW. I now understand a lot of the comments made by various cast members and by Rian himself prior to the release. A lot of them compared the filming process to making an independent film and that's what it felt like at times, RJ really put his stamp on it, subverting a lot of expectations. I think because we waited so long, when we finally have new scenes to digest, it's almost hard to accept them as part of the same story at first, but the more you explore TLJ, the better you understand it and it starts to make sense. Not all questions are answered, but there's a whole other movie to go and the main focus here was on character interactions and psychological conflicts. I actually really appreciate this approach.

We do see the full range of emotions and conflict, e.g, in this brief flashback: the terrible, dark thought momentarily flashing through Luke's mind, immediately followed by him being utterly disgusted with himself, Ben's horrified face, the rupture in their relationship, the loss of trust, the accusation, pain and guilt. "A legend", Luke says, mocking himself, a legend that coudln't protect his own nephew and betrayed his sister's trust. We don't need much more to understand why he felt like a failure and wanted to die alone on a remote island or why Ben felt betrayed by the one person who was supposed to keep him safe. Luke definitely hasn't lost hope in his nephew, he said as much to Leia, but he knows Ben needs more time. He wanted to protect him from himself during their confrontation, allowed him to strike him as many times as he wanted, shoot him with a million guns so that he can get it all out, but at the same time prevented him from making yet another mistake. I would even say it was cathartic for Ben to release all the pent-up anger, but at the end all that was left was grief and the realization that he could've had Rey and he lost her. I think Luke knows how Ben feels about her too, that's why he knows he will never destroy her. The last heartbroken look he gives her as they part ways says it all. They still care about each other and it's not going to go away. It's really just the two of them now.

It's certainly one of the weirdest SW films, as Kasdan described it very early on, including abilities we've never seen before like the Force link b/w Rey and Kylo, which is a very effective narrative tool used to bring them closer together with a few short scenes that get progressively more intimate. There's also the comment about blurred lines, which we heard so many times by different people and this is the aspect of the film I like the most. In TLJ Kylo is more humanised than ever. More Ben Solo than he’s ever been in a long time. The film wants you to know him as Ben, the last remaining Skywalker, not as the villain Kylo Ren. By the end you can sympathize with both Rey and Ben and understand their positions, selfish and naive as they are. You suffer with them as they're both crying, you feel the frustration and what it could be, you want them to come together, especially after you've seen them fight side by side, but they both have some growing up to do before they get there, which brings us to the theme of adolescence Rian was talking about. Ben wanted to be free of his master's control and be his own person, but he is not free of his inner demons yet, he has to embrace forgiveness and selfless love to find the happiness he longs for. No one can change him if he doesn't want to change himself, not his parents, not Luke, not even Rey, the one person who understands him better than anyone. His desperate scream "No! You're still holding on! Let go! was similar to the "Traitor!" line in TFA, once again directed at himself. He hasn't let go of the past yet, he is still too bitter and filled with destructive anger to love her properly, thinking all he needs to do is get rid of Snoke and then Rey will go with him. He wants a quick solution, but has no clear plan, it's all blind impulse in the heat of the moment, a desire to destroy everything as if it will somehow heal all the pain and make him forget. But this wasn't the true "letting go" moment for Ben. Black Diamond, you can't come soon enough.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 18 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm

shii405 wrote:I think I read somewhere before TLJ first cut was 3 hours? Do we know what are the deleted scenes? I am so looking forward to, at least, ONE Force bond deleted scene. OR!! Full Force bond scenes with both Rey and Kylo from both locations. Too much to ask? God, I can't wait for all the Reylo goodness we get from DVD/Bluray.
@shii405

I found this - Apparently there will be over 20mins of cut scenes included in the Blu Ray, including a blooper reel.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-deleted-scenes-details/

Johnson says the other major sequence missing from the film involves Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Luke (Mark Hamill) on Ach-To:

“And then on the island there’s a massive sequence that we shot with Daisy and Mark, which is kind of an additional sort of trial/test that she goes through, that involves her and Mark, and then a big emotional scene between the two of them. I mean, it’s big stuff, it’s like actual real scenes.”

And not to worry, Johnson says almost all of the deleted scenes will make the Blu-ray release, totaling roughly about 20 minutes or a little over:

“We loaded it up, man. Because we had so much good stuff, it was like, there were only a couple things where it’s like just a little two-shot thing, we said ‘We’ll hold that back.’ But all the major stuff, all the good stuff, we put on there.”
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BenRey Mon 18 Dec 2017, 6:40 pm

Jeez... Buzzfeed has a reylo poll  Embarassed

Buzzfeed

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 2 20171215
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:18 pm

BenRey wrote:Jeez... Buzzfeed has a reylo poll  Embarassed

Buzzfeed

@BenRey

This thing is becoming embarrassing.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:27 pm

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be."
Back in October, we were analyzing his voice in the trailer and we were guessing he was saying this to Rey. I wish I can inform October-me "Yes, he was talking to Rey! And not just normal Kylo Ren, but SHIRTLESS Kylo Ren saying this to Rey!" Gosh, I would've freaked out.

(IGNORE THIS STUPID POST)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 18 Dec 2017, 8:30 pm

MrsWindu wrote:
@shii405

I found this - Apparently there will be over 20mins of cut scenes included in the Blu Ray, including a blooper reel.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-deleted-scenes-details/

Johnson says the other major sequence missing from the film involves Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Luke (Mark Hamill) on Ach-To:

“And then on the island there’s a massive sequence that we shot with Daisy and Mark, which is kind of an additional sort of trial/test that she goes through, that involves her and Mark, and then a big emotional scene between the two of them. I mean, it’s big stuff, it’s like actual real scenes.”

And not to worry, Johnson says almost all of the deleted scenes will make the Blu-ray release, totaling roughly about 20 minutes or a little over:

“We loaded it up, man. Because we had so much good stuff, it was like, there were only a couple things where it’s like just a little two-shot thing, we said ‘We’ll hold that back.’ But all the major stuff, all the good stuff, we put on there.”
@MrsWindu

Ooh, sounds great! So when is the DVD/Bluray release? April?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 18 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
BenRey wrote:Jeez... Buzzfeed has a reylo poll  Embarassed

Buzzfeed

@BenRey

This thing is becoming embarrassing.
@Maria Antonietta

Oh Reylo Trash is winning by a lot now. It's over 8,000 votes and the other 3 options are only just above 2,000 votes each.
Damn it feels good to be a Reylo. Cool
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum