Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

+80
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
Lovely_Rose
Darth_marshmallow
rawpowah
Darth Dingbat
Geralt_Riv
Moonlight13
ZephyrStrife
TheLastJedi
Blackcanary
Mana
whisperingwillow
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Saracene
thescavenger
FrolickingFizzgig
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
AnneNeville
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
DeeBee
Moonjump05
SheLitAFire
grimbergen
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Atenais
madeinmn
Kylo Rey
Rimfaxe96
KnightsofReylo_2015
fuhry
unicorn
jakkusun
Irina de France
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
Lily Snape
teltaru
AcrosstheStars
rey09
EchoBase
Reynak
PalmettoBlue
Gemlake
Birdwoman
lauvamp
Chained Prometheus
Darth_Awakened
Rei of Sunshine
cherrylipstick
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Darth Rowan
MyOnlyHope
RosiePancake
MrsWindu
MindAndMagic
BenRey
Night Huntress
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
Forsythia
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
special_cases
reylo1992
AhsokaTano
shii405
Tex
HJ98
RKR Connection
84 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:02 am

Reynak wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Reynak wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
snufkin wrote:This is excellent analysis, just don't freak out about the last sentence. And only read the comments if you haven't had your daily quota of indignant middle-aged white guys

HOW “STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI” MAKES KYLO REN EVEN MORE INTERESTING

we could deduce that Rey is afraid of relying on herself because it reminds her that she’s all alone, while Kylo is also afraid of relying on himself because he’s not confident enough to go it alone. In both cases, their fears make them team up with destructive people they don’t need. As tremendous as the dark side may be, it also seems to hold you back.

This leaves me very curious about where Kylo is headed next. Unlike Vader after “The Empire Strikes Back,” whose family ties paved a clearer path towards redemption, Kylo doesn’t have much to cling to at the end of “The Last Jedi.” You know he’s still fixated on Rey, but she made her choice, and he’s not interested in turning good. Possibly because he’s seen “good,” and it doesn’t deliver.[/quote]
@snufkin

Which is what I believe....stop and put yourself in this kid’s place for one minute. Sent away by his ’good’ mother to his ’good’ uncle, who tried to kill him. Offered sanctuary by an abusive creep who treated him like dirt. He ends up killing said creep for the only person who showed him any real kindness - who then spectacularly rejects him for an organisation who stole his mother and who he has been made to think are terrorists. Just as drug addicts and alcoholics need a reason as to why they should get clean and sober, then Kylo has to have something to make giving up the dark worth it for. And not the greater good of the galaxy, which has always come before him. Selfish yes, but he has the right to feel selfish, as hes always come last in the greater scheme of things. ’Sorry son, but the Republic must come first’ - mum.  ’Sorry kid, but teaching other kids to fly and swanning round the galaxy must come first’ - dad. ’Sorry nephew, but I must kill you because an evil old predator got into your head from birth and none of us had the guts to kill him for you’ - sainted uncle. And here is a fascinating post on why the sabre might have broken;courtesy of reyloeyesofmist: https://roguewn.tumblr.com/post/168623016927/rey-and-anakins-lightsaber-what-went-wrong-this
@motherofpearl1

When you said eyesofmist’s post, do you mean this one perhaps?
Eyesofmist is my tumblr account, this is what I wrote about the lightsaber. The post above was written by another tumblr user.

What if the broken lightsaber symbolizes Ben Solo himself? It was lost for years and locked up in a chest in a castle’s cellar (Mazz’s place is like a castle) like Kylo was trapped in Snoke’s lair. The saber was found by Rey but was rejected when she didn’t accept her hero’s quest in TFA, like Rey found Ben but rejected his call, just like like she rejected the lightsaber’s. It eventually became Rey’s despite her initial intention to give it to Luke, who threw it away unceremoniously in TLJ. Rey was sent to Luke carrying the lightsaber in her bag, without using it, and both the saber and Rey were sent to Luke by Leia, like Ben was as a kid.

The lightsaber was the instrument to end Snoke. Like Kylo himself, it was necessary to do away with great evil. Kylo killed the Supreme Leader, a bad guy with no personality or known background, who’s little more than a mere representation of evil, like the snake in the Bible.

The saber was used by Ray on the island after she rescued it, so to speak. It was among the garbage like Ben is, discarded by everyone but Rey, the only one who bothers to salvage it like the scavenger she is and can use it because it calls her, it goes to her (TFA) answering her summons and behaves as if it is hers, though Kylo claims it belongs to him.

This lightsaber is the Skywalker legacy and it’s doomed, nobody wants it but Rey, who rejected it in the beginning despite what Mazz said to her. Kylo himself is the last Skywalker, so he is the Skywalker legacy made flesh ( and what flesh, LOL)

What Rey means to him finally broke him. He was being torn apart and pulled by Dark and Light until in the end he broke apart splitting in two like the lightsaber, torn between being being Ben Solo and his other side, the Kylo Ren persona.

If I am right it’s not bad that Rey has the two parts of the broken lightsaber, because she cares for him although he is broken. Others would throw him away like garbage but not Rey, she is a scavenger after all. Perhaps this is why Leia said her son is lost ( how I hated it when she said that), to show that he is at his lowest point, broken, and only Rey is in the position to make him whole. Nobody else can, only Rey and Ben himself.

I have seen the movie only once, did Kylo keep anything from the lightsaber? I can’t remember.

I was so angry when Leia gave up on him, as a mother I can’t take that, but this is a fairiytale and everything is symbolic in fairytales, so this may mean only the heroine can save Ben Solo through love, like Beauty saved the Beast.

In fairytales heroes are orphans or leave their past behind, perhaps the loss of parents shouldn’t be taken in a literal way. I mean, if this was real I could never root for Ben or understand why his parents gave up on him and didn’t go to rescue him when he was in Snoke’s clutches.

Han and Luke went to rescue Leia in ANH but none of them tried to save Ben when he was trapped. Luke knew how hurt and horrified he must be after what he tried to do to him and didn’t try to help him, the same Luke who saved the Resistance and believed Anakin could be redeemed.

How horrible is this? As horrible, if not more, than what Kylo did, because he was their kid.

But this isn’t a realistic drama but a fairytale where parents are always irrelevant, they can never help. For instance, why didn’t Cinderella’s father or Snowhite’s father protect them? Why were their mothers dead? Because the heroine has to complete her journey by herself and parents never rescue the princess prisoner to a dragon or under an evil spell, only the hero can help the captive princess, only Rey can help Ben. This is how I see it if this is indeed a fairytale.
@Reynak

@Reynak that is an incredible analysis. I never thought about the lightsaber that way, but OMG, the lightsaber *is* Ben!!!

Seriously, this needs to be posted in the meta thread!
@SoloSideCousin

There's something quite interesting that I found after writing that post. There's a naughty side to it, it's fun.
I've been reading a bit of Freud because of the references in the movie, and according to Freud,regarding the interpretation of dreams and symbology, guns like swords, daggers or knives represent mahood, they can bee seen as phallic symbols. This isn't new, I'm sure you have heard it before. The lightsaber is quite a phallic symbol, and Ben says the legacy one belongs to him.

But this is not the only thing Freud said. Have a look at this:

The female genital is symbolically represented by all those objects which share its peculiarity of enclosing a space capable of being filled by something—viz., by pits, caves, and hollows, by pitchers and bottles, by boxes and trunks  

I have trunks in bold because that's where Rey found the legacy lightsaber, in a trunk.  Cool

And where was that trunk with the lightsaber inside? In a cellar, and Rey had to descend a flight of stairs to find it.
According to Freud, stairs may stand for sexual intercourse. That descent of hers was like falling down (to the underworld? only that?) and she rejected the lightsaber, she didn't take it. No wonder she rejected it if there was a Freudian meaning attached to it,LOL. She literally fell down after the dreamlike scene she saw, the one were a masked stranger looked at her, Kylo).

That cellar was similar to a cave, and caves are associated to the female.
Also, houses and ships represente the female, rather the female womb than a woman's genitalia (according to Freud again), and Luke found Ben and Rey inside a hut, touching each other's hands, but she had accpted him in her place, so to speak, her house. This is not only sensual but also maternal. Don't you think it hints at future babies?

An open door to a a house (or a ship, because ships may also represent the female, a mother's womb in dreams, according to Freud again) is access to the feminine or the maternal.
When they hold hands Rey invites Ben to her hut/house, the door is open for him. Did she invite her to have sex with her, in a symbolical way? He did accept. He was so nervous when he took his glove off, as if he was baring his whole body to her. She had that blanked draped over her shoulders and she was wearing a white sleeveless tanktop, from a distance, didn't it seem she was in a state of undress? Why?

When they touched his fingers were shaking? We could think that was because it was incredible to touch someone who was so far away, but there was more to it, they were both trembling. Also, when he took off his glove it felt incredibly erotic,and it was just a glove, or was it? When he finally reaches to her, it's the man who goes forward, moves forward, her hand is waiting for his, she gasps, audibly.

And then Lukes intrerrupts them in a very rude way, because what he saw was important, what we could see on the surface and also the subtext. I think that felt very much like a sacred marriage, because it happened in a sacred place, where the old jedi temple used to be. This scene was like love between "husband" and "wife" (a symbolical married couple, meaning transcendental, metaphysical, something huge), a couple deeply in love. The scene where she is in the rain is differnt, that's about temptation, desire, need, it's a previous step in a relationship, the hut scene is already love, compromise, the promise of children.

Rey called Kylo murderous snake in their incredibly hot space Skype meeting. What does the snake represents for the female?

To the less comprehensible male sex-symbols belong certain reptiles and fish, notably the famous symbol of the snake. Why hats and cloaks should have been turned to the same use is certainly difficult to discover, but their symbolic meaning leaves no room for doubt.

And that cloak Kylo wears on this movie, it's so extra. I seems to be there only to make him look cool, and manly perhaps?

There still another thing, nature represents the female but cliffs represent the male. Remember Rey at the edge of a cliff after (was it after or before) meeting that sexy monster she was obviously attracted to despite herself? Also, falling over the edge represents release, orgasm. She looked down that cliff and didn't fall, but seemed on the verge, so to speak.

We have already spoken of natural scenery as a representation of the female genitals. Mountains and cliffs are symbols of the male organ;

And there's still another thing. They saw each other during that second space Skype call and she was in a natural place (female) and he was looking at machinery.

The complicated topography of the female genitals accounts for the fact that they are often represented as scenes with cliffs, woods and water, while the imposing mechanism of the male sex apparatus leads to the use of all manner of very complicated machinery, difficult to describe.

Accoding to this the cliff may represent both male and female genitals, and complicated machine male genitals. Pfffff. I think Rian read Freud, very well, LOL. He admitted he'd used Jungarian images and Pablo joked about Freudian references in TLJ. I don't know if Rian himself said something about Freudian imagery in the movie.

This can't be a coincidence, it's deliberate, I think. Sometimes writers and directors use symbology that is ingrained in the collective imaginary, without giving it much thought, instincitively in some cases. but in TLJ it's more than that, Rian used those symbols, chose them with care and with a purpose. That was important for him, it carries a message for those who care to see it.
@Reynak

Yes....and I couldn't help but notice what the cave entrance in this picture looks likehttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gzFetddEAAw/Wk4MEl2Um9I/AAAAAAAArQA/PouV09B6Y9okXgt0VABzxRligCISg_gEgCLcBGAs/s1600/rey-i-know-quote-poedameron.jpeg Embarassed Razz
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by Birdwoman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:09 am

@Let The Past Die,
He does look at her, she looks at him, he is giving her the big puppy dog eyes, then he leans in as though he wants to go to her or say something. She looks at him with a mixture of disappointment and then anger. She closes the door on him.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:13 am

So, back to Kylo and Rey's first force bond session. Kylo is aware that Luke has come out of the hut. Did he tell her to beware of Luke?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:16 am

Geez what a thing to wake up to, all this Freudian analysis! However we know that both RJ and DR have said that they were reading Jung, so they had to be conscious of that type of symbolism. And the Throne Room sure does make me think a little of Jung's The Red Book

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:34 am

Birdwoman wrote:@Let The Past Die,
He does look at her, she looks at him, he is giving her the big puppy dog eyes, then he leans in as though he wants to go to her or say something.  She looks at him with a mixture of disappointment and then anger.  She closes the door on him.

@Birdwoman

Fabulous thank you!
I just needed it confirming in my mind. I find that scene so heartbreaking, especially after the temper rage he's just shown.
He certainly doesn't look like he wants to destroy her, instead it looks to me  as if he's seeking some acknowledgement from her, it's like it's suddenly dawning on him what happened at the end of the throne scene and his spat with Luke, and realising the consequences of that is having a door shut in his face. No matter that he's also been given a holographic reminder of his father, I'd say the ball is in his court now, to make amends....
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 12 Jan 2018, 10:47 am

@LetThePastDie,

I agree. I think at that point, holding the dice, seeing her, remembering his dad and mom.....he knows in that moment that he messed up. This is his big failure in this movie. He got the power but he lost everything important to him by his actions. I assume in the next movie, he will try to correct those failures with the people he cares about....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:39 am

@motherofpearl1
The link doesn’t work, and now I’m damn curious. Neutral

I am glad you like my blog and, as you could see I am a die hard SanSan shipper, LOL. Another controversial misunderstood ship. Nothing to do with the show. I don’t follow the show and don’t ship them show version.

Last edited by Reynak on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:46 am

Hi at all . I'm new here. I have no practicality with the forum, and I don't speak English well. I apologize.
I saw Star Wars TFA and TLJ. I liked them a lot.
I am surrounded by people who do not see the emotions and feelings in the movies. They watch the movie. Point. But I could cry for hours for a poem.
One of my favorite movies is Pride and Prejudice. Another film I had to see endless times is Cloud Atlas.
I've always loved the star wars saga. But now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had heard something special in the first film but NOW. A revelation !!!!! Pride and Prejudice in the star ... ma not only ...
A film to watch and cover with infinite nuances, symbolism, characters and a non-trivial plot.
And all of you, you are wonderful. You have analyzed each dynamic line by line. Fantastic. I thank you to all in this forum because you exist.
Now that I have read almost the whole forum, I would like to add some details. My English is bad. If someone wants ... can rewrite my thoughts in better English, do it quietly.
I do not know if this is the right place to put some considerations that came to my mind.
I tray to tell you ...
1) Reylo exists. It is the basis of the story.

Rey and Kylo - I see them mentally, humanly, physically and sexually an divided half. If There is one last Jedi he is the sum of them two. When Star War Story spoke about Anakin it told that force had created Anakin. Rey as Anakin was born to balance the strength. In this case the strength of Ben. To find the balance she must stick her hand in the dark side and he in the light side. It is the only step that until now they have not done. They have to pass the line. He must accept the clearness in himself, forgive and forgive himself for the evil he was and try to do good. He can.... He must cross it.
And Rey sHe must/can become evil and overcome it. Whenever she does something active force , Kylo REn loses. He's stronger, he's massive, he's used to fighting and he's not afraid, but he loses and gets hurt in the woods. She is without training but handles the sword like a Jedi. She uses force by subtracting it from him. For this he loses. Whenever she swings in evil he becomes better.
In the scene where they shake hands. Both have a very explicit non-verbal language, they seem like two lovers who are about to make love for the first time. But it is not only physical, it is mental, it is circular there is all their being, their strength and their weakness. A perfect circle. She understands that he is for her, she wants him, but she wants he physically, not the mental contact enough (after all we have understood ... the boy was too awakened) and goes to take what she wants without a plan ....
He in the elevator seems embarrassed, because he is not ready for human contact (I think also hi is like a teeneger, he knows what he wanted to do the night before with her ...and he is ashamed) but she is there and he no has alternatives ... Once again he has no alternative. He did not choose to be left alone by his parents. Perhaps his parents had left? They did not know who to leave it? He did not choose to go to with uncle. He did not choose strength. But everyone decided that he was dangerous, even his uncle. When when his uncle tried to kill him It did not have a place to go anywhere except SNOKE.
So now he has to decide in two minutes ... to save himself, his only teacher Snoke, or that girl who loves (because he loves she I think this is clear ...). Easy choice but how does he can kill a teacher who holds him in his hand? He can kill him only because she is there. The force is complete. Only with her neighbor he can kill the monster. The only monster who wants him.
After the scene of the throne. He has no choice. He wants the girl but can not return from the resistance. They never wanted him life. He knows that they would kill him and then he is proud. He can not put the past aside. I think he also has an idea.
Not all those who believe they do good really do well. His whole life is an example. His mother thought only of politics, believing well. His father has always been a good man but he did not know how to be with his son. His uncle was the best of his aunt and uncle but he was afraid of the dark side. he was afraid of him. The Resistance people. How many people did they kill in the name of the war?
We're talking about Rey, she's the light, but she is really good with him ?
He always tries to protect her, but she ? she is the first to attack , wounds him in half with a sword. sHe leaves him half dead in a snow-covered forest (to die).
That's good ?.
Finally she understands that he is again a little good and that he can love her and understand her and fill his emptiness. She Go to get him, but is that the right way?
Did not she think he could have died? Snoke would read Ben's mind and kill him. Finally in front of the possibility of being close to him and taking care of his wounds, she knows that he has suffered so much, she has seen his most intimate and fragile part. She is good, she should know that the only cure for wounds is love and for abandonment it is presence. What does it do instead ?,
He holds out his hand and she takes his sword.
What does she do ? she leaves him on the ground again, unconscious, alone in a den of snakes. Strange type of light ...
So I think that the whole movie revolves around Reylo because it's the story of poor BEN fallen into the lower part of himself with only one hope, finding a princess who breaks his spell.
I believe she will do it.
My prediction for episode 9 is that he has an idea.
Eliminate the extremists. There are extremists for better or for worse. He wants to recreate a good kingdom, no more good extremists like his parents who abandon children ... and bad extremists like snokes.
And she must live the dark side, no one before has crossed the dark side without becoming a villain. Everyone is afraid of the dark side. sHe must do it for love. Whenever she does evil, he will take another step in redemption. The hope is that when she is about to fall, he will cross the good (who fears) to save her and she will do evil to save him. I do not see any redemption if both do not lean towards the other side to balance it. and only if they are united can they do it.
If she abandons him ... (or if she were his sister hahahahaha) he can also redeem himself but what a story of the cabbage ... star wars you would not have my money!

SORRY for my bad english ....
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:55 am

snufkin wrote:Geez what a thing to wake up to, all this Freudian analysis! However we know that both RJ and DR have said that they were reading Jung, so they had to be conscious of that type of symbolism. And the Throne Room sure does make me think a little of Jung's The Red Book

@snufkin

Fascinating post about Jung, that guy was brave. He wasn’t afraid of knowledge and what the darker aspects of a person may bring. Facing one’s demons is scary, most of us prefer not to go so deepley into what makes us tick.

As usual I got carried away because this is how ideas come to me, in a rather anarchic way, LOL and added something else about the snake symbology when many of you had already read the post. i added this:

Don’t forget that you can hear a snake rattle in TFA, during the notorious interrogation scene. And in TLJ Rey calls Kylo murderous snake, of all things. She also calls him a monster and he approaches her looking like temptation made flesh and with a silky voice the proverbial snake would have been proud of in the Garden of Eden while tempting the female to take a bite off the forbidden fruit, and gain knowledge, if she dares.

Adam and Eve discovered sex after that, they became aware that they were naked. Maybe that’s becoming an adult, you discover sex but also many others things you ignored as a child. Then you’ll be expelled from Paradise. Ben Solo was thirsty for knowledge as a kid, even if it came from the Dark Side. Luke was the kind of man who didn’t even read the old books of knowledge in Ahch-To. Luke was a man of faith but Kylo had doubts and curiosity, the type who seeks answers and whose faith is challenged.

When Rey tries the forbidden fruit as she gets to know Kylo she awakens both sexually and intelectually. She gets to know the truth about young Solo and what his uncle did to him, that her wait for her parents was useless and they didn’t want her, that Luke is now perfect but just huma, etc. She takes the books with her on the Falcon because she does want to know. She can’t look away from knowledge even if it may cause pain.

Adam and Even were expelled from the Paradise of childhood ignorance and innocence and so did Ben and Rey, they have to start their own journey as adults leaving the past behind. But Ben is still prisoner of his past, he needs to let go, because hatred is paralizing and it doesn’t let him become the man he’s meant to be.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:57 am

2) other ... about Rey and Ben
I have another idea
Did you think if Rey and Ben know each other when was children and were separated ?
Imagine if the prince and the daughter of a servant, together they had the power of the whole force.
Maybe they set fire to the house and the little prince in the middle of the flames ... what a fear for a poor dad always absent...
Maybe it's passed from the father Han Solo. Maybe he made the decision to save his son ... what does he can do ...?
In one of his trips he leaves the child (snow-white little Rey) in one place ... maybe he tells the hunter ... kill her ... but the hunter does not do it ...
everyone believes she is dead ... the child feels hate, without her he's incomplete ... unbalanced, just ... like his baby friend
she also falls asleep in a sense
she forgets ...
And if Ben had killed his father because he knows that his father took away his baby (Snow White)?
Looking at the TFA this story makes sense ... why does it awaken? and why does he pick her up ... for the map? ... I think he wants to know if she's her baby ...
There is no other reason why he does not put her hurt ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:10 pm

giaciak2 wrote:Hi at all . I'm new here. I have no practicality with the forum, and I don't speak English well. I apologize.
I saw Star Wars TFA and TLJ. I liked them a lot.
I am surrounded by people who do not see the emotions and feelings in the movies. They watch the movie. Point. But I could cry for hours for a poem.
One of my favorite movies is Pride and Prejudice. Another film I had to see endless times is Cloud Atlas.
I've always loved the star wars saga. But now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had heard something special in the first film but NOW. A revelation !!!!! Pride and Prejudice in the star ... ma not only ...
A film to watch and cover with infinite nuances, symbolism, characters and a non-trivial plot.
And all of you, you are wonderful. You have analyzed each dynamic line by line. Fantastic. I thank you to all in this forum because you exist.
Now that I have read almost the whole forum, I would like to add some details. My English is bad. If someone wants ... can rewrite my thoughts in better English, do it quietly.
I do not know if this is the right place to put some considerations that came to my mind.
I tray to tell you ...
1) Reylo exists. It is the basis of the story.

Rey and Kylo - I see them mentally, humanly, physically and sexually an divided half. If There is one last Jedi he is the sum of them two. When Star War Story spoke about Anakin it told that force had created Anakin.  Rey as Anakin was born to balance the strength. In this case the strength of Ben. To find the balance she must stick her hand in the dark side and he in the light side. It is the only step that until now they have not done. They have to pass the line. He must accept the clearness in himself, forgive and forgive himself for the evil he was and try to do good. He can....   He must cross it.
And Rey sHe must/can become evil and overcome it. Whenever she does something active force , Kylo REn loses. He's stronger, he's massive, he's used to fighting and he's not afraid, but he loses and gets hurt in the woods. She is without training but handles the sword like a Jedi. She uses force by subtracting it from him. For this he loses. Whenever she swings in evil he becomes better.
In the scene where they shake hands. Both have a very explicit non-verbal language, they seem like two lovers who are about to make love for the first time. But it is not only physical, it is mental, it is circular there is all their being, their strength and their weakness. A perfect circle. She understands that he is for her, she wants him, but she wants he physically, not the mental contact enough (after all we have understood ... the boy was too awakened) and goes to take what she wants without a plan ....
He in the elevator seems embarrassed, because he is not ready for human contact (I think also hi is like a teeneger, he knows what he wanted to do the night before with her ...and he is ashamed) but she is there and he no has alternatives ...  Once again he has no alternative. He did not choose to be left alone by his parents. Perhaps his parents had left? They did not know who to leave it? He did not choose to go to with uncle. He did not choose strength. But everyone decided that he was dangerous, even his uncle. When when his uncle tried to kill him It did not have a place to go anywhere except SNOKE.
So now he has to decide in two minutes ... to save himself, his only teacher Snoke, or that girl who loves (because he loves she I think this is clear ...). Easy choice but how does he can kill a teacher who holds him in his hand? He can kill him only because she is there. The force is complete. Only with her neighbor he can kill the monster. The only monster who wants him.
After the scene of the throne. He has no choice. He wants the girl but can not return from the resistance. They never wanted him life. He knows that they would kill him and then he is proud. He can not put the past aside. I think he also has an idea.
Not all those who believe they do good really do well. His whole life is an example. His mother thought only of politics, believing well. His father has always been a good man but he did not know how to be with his son. His uncle was the best of his aunt and uncle but he was afraid of the dark side. he was afraid of him. The Resistance people. How many people did they kill in the name of the war?
We're talking about Rey, she's the light, but she is really good with him ?
He always tries to protect her, but she ? she is the first to attack , wounds him in half with a sword. sHe leaves him half dead in a snow-covered forest (to die).
That's good ?.
Finally she understands that he is again a little good and that he can love her and understand her and fill his emptiness. She Go to get him, but is that the right way?
Did not she think he could have died? Snoke would read Ben's mind and kill him. Finally in front of the possibility of being close to him and taking care of his wounds, she knows that he has suffered so much, she has seen his most intimate and fragile part. She is good, she should know that the only cure for wounds is love and for abandonment it is presence. What does it do instead ?,
He holds out his hand and she takes his sword.
What does she do ? she leaves him on the ground again, unconscious, alone in a den of snakes. Strange type of light ...
So I think that the whole movie revolves around Reylo because it's the story of poor BEN fallen into the lower part of himself with only one hope, finding a princess who breaks his spell.
I believe she will do it.
My prediction for episode 9 is that he has an idea.
Eliminate the extremists. There are extremists for better or for worse. He wants to recreate a good kingdom, no more good extremists like his parents who abandon children ... and bad extremists like snokes.
And she must live the dark side, no one before has crossed the dark side without becoming a villain. Everyone is afraid of the dark side. sHe must do it for love. Whenever she does evil, he will take another step in redemption. The hope is that when she is about to fall, he will cross the good (who fears) to save her and she will do evil to save him. I do not see any redemption if both do not lean towards the other side to balance it. and only if they are united can they do it.
If she abandons him ... (or if she were his sister hahahahaha) he can also redeem himself but what a story of the cabbage ... star wars you would not have my money!

SORRY for my bad english ....
@giaciak2

First of all welcome giaciak2, I am new here myself, and have been made to feel quite at home here.

Do not worry about your English, I don't know whether you have written the English yourself or you've translated from your language to English. Either way, I understood the essence of your post.  There are some good points there, I like the bit about it becoming circular for them.
I think Rey shows a darkness in her fighting style, and with her quickness to attack, I don't know whether she has to become dark to balance his becoming more to the side of light. I think that's why a grey jedi is a popular concept.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:11 pm

Reynak wrote:@motherofpearl1

I am glad you like my blog and, as you could see I am a die hard SanSan shipper, LOL. Another controversial misunderstood ship. Nothing to do with the show. I don’t follow the shop and dons ship them show version.
@Reynak

It's a picture of Rey standing in front of the opening to the tree; it's the shape of the entrance which I noticed - I can't put picitures on my computer Evil or Very Mad so anyone out there who can please post it if you're able to do so
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:17 pm

Birdwoman wrote:@LetThePastDie,

I agree. I think at that point, holding the dice, seeing her, remembering his dad and mom.....he knows in that moment that he messed up. This is his big failure in this movie. He got the power but he lost everything important to him by his actions. I assume in the next movie, he will try to correct those failures with the people he cares about....
@Birdwoman

Have you noticed that in the last scene of Kylo kneeling on the floor in the Resistance base, he’s pratically bathed in light? Coincidence? I don’t think so Very Happy

Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:33 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Reynak wrote:@motherofpearl1

I am glad you like my blog and, as you could see I am a die hard SanSan shipper, LOL. Another controversial misunderstood ship. Nothing to do with the show. I don’t follow the shop and dons ship them show version.
@Reynak

It's a picture of Rey standing in front of the opening to the tree; it's the shape of the entrance which I noticed - I can't put picitures on my computer Evil or Very Mad so anyone out there who can please post it if you're able to do so
@motherofpearl1

Yes, I know the picture, LOL
It’s difficult not to notice what it looks like.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:37 pm

Darth_marshmallow wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:@LetThePastDie,

I agree.  I think at that point, holding the dice, seeing her, remembering his dad and mom.....he knows in that moment that he messed up.  This is his big failure in this movie.  He got the power but he lost everything important to him by his actions. I assume in the next movie, he will try to correct those failures with the people he cares about....
@Birdwoman

Have you noticed that in the last scene of Kylo kneeling on the floor in the Resistance base, he’s pratically bathed in light? Coincidence? I don’t think so Very Happy

@Darth_marshmallow

I did! I thought how it contrasted with the scene in TFA when he strikes Han down, he is bathed in dark red light there.
Where as in his penitent position, at the end scene the light filters across him.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

Birdwoman wrote:So, back to Kylo and Rey's first force bond session. Kylo is aware that Luke has come out of the hut. Did he tell her to beware of Luke?
@Birdwoman

I have to say, I thought he said "Luke? " in a questioning way. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=751
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40