Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

+80
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
Lovely_Rose
Darth_marshmallow
rawpowah
Darth Dingbat
Geralt_Riv
Moonlight13
ZephyrStrife
TheLastJedi
Blackcanary
Mana
whisperingwillow
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Saracene
thescavenger
FrolickingFizzgig
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
AnneNeville
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
DeeBee
Moonjump05
SheLitAFire
grimbergen
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Atenais
madeinmn
Kylo Rey
Rimfaxe96
KnightsofReylo_2015
fuhry
unicorn
jakkusun
Irina de France
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
Lily Snape
teltaru
AcrosstheStars
rey09
EchoBase
Reynak
PalmettoBlue
Gemlake
Birdwoman
lauvamp
Chained Prometheus
Darth_Awakened
Rei of Sunshine
cherrylipstick
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Darth Rowan
MyOnlyHope
RosiePancake
MrsWindu
MindAndMagic
BenRey
Night Huntress
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
Forsythia
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
special_cases
reylo1992
AhsokaTano
shii405
Tex
HJ98
RKR Connection
84 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Empty The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by RKR Connection Mon 20 Nov 2017, 11:15 pm

Discuss all aspects of The Last Jedi, including plot, character arcs, cinematography, score, reactions and of course SPOILERS. Reply below to get started.
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Empty TLJ Trailer Theories

Post by HJ98 Mon 27 Nov 2017, 4:49 pm

So, I'm home alone on this lovely Monday afternoon and stumble across this video. What can I say? There's nothing better to do than bing watch about my favorite couple while everyone else is out. https://youtu.be/bxFciAz5RzQ
I know, I know. I spend way to much time watching SW theories but still... the movie's coming out this month! Thoughts on this one?
HJ98
HJ98
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by DeeBee Sun 10 Dec 2017, 6:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I didn't want to clutter up the spoilers thread with this general comment..
but I just wanted to confess - I've totally caved and have been reading the spoilers/potential spoilers as community members here share them. Thanks for truth checking the leaks. I will be reading but not engaging with anything between now and when I see the movie.. so I'll be technically lurking, but errr not in a bad way.. I think Wink

One observation/comment I'll share before I go back to lurking...
If I didn't know better, I'd suggest some kind of co-ordinated cyber psychological war games have been taking place -targeting Reylo fan's hopes and positive vibes during this nervous time between premiere and wide release..

Hope everyone is hanging in there - I've decided to let it wash over me (jedi-esque).... I feel nothing in response to them- they won't distract me from the wonder and excitement of this story unfolding, they can't take away my joy.
Star wars is all about love and forgiveness - and hope. I hope in 2 years when IX rolls around - all star wars fans will unite (we don't all have to agree to on what we see to be united) and we can all enjoy the story's conclusion together.

Thanks so much for creating and contributing to this safe and welcoming space where we can enjoy this journey together everyone!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by Tex Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:42 am

Didn't know where to post this. Can we talk about the mirror scene? Visually it was really cool. I really enjoyed it. Strangely reminded me of Harry Potter a first, random I know LOL, but also Beauty and the Beast and the magic mirror. It was very fairy tale-esque. In any case, it totally looked like two people walking towards the mirror that formed into one person that had Kylo's hair/body shape, but when the hand touched the glass it was Rey. Perhaps Ben and Kylo forming one person? Kylo/Ben and Rey as reflections of each other? BTW that magic mirror was like gurl who cares about your parents. I'm trying to show you your future husband LOL.

Also can we talk about Kylo confronting Rey about her parents and how it's a crutch. How she latches on to older men as father figures. It was very psychological and points out that both Rey and Kylo are emotionally and mentally stunted. Him calling her out on how maybe she does know who her parents are, but just doesn't want to admit that she's a nobody, from nowhere, who had no future, so she made up this scenario to make herself feel better about her life. Then him saying that it doesn't matter because he doesn't think she's a nobody, that's she's important to him. Great stuff.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:52 am

Tex wrote:Didn't know where to post this. Can we talk about the mirror scene? Visually it was really cool. I really enjoyed it. Strangely reminded me of Harry Potter a first, random I know LOL, but also Beauty and the Beast and the magic mirror. It was very fairy tale-esque. In any case, it totally looked like two people walking towards the mirror that formed into one person that had Kylo's hair/body shape, but when the hand touched the glass it was Rey. Perhaps Ben and Kylo forming one person? Kylo/Ben and Rey as reflections of each other? BTW that magic mirror was like gurl who cares about your parents. I'm trying to show you your future husband LOL.
@Tex

OMG! I thought I was imagining things, so IT WAS KYLO'S SHADOW!! It wasn't just me!! I really thought Kylo would show up, so I was surprised it was Rey's reflection and I thought... oh... okay, it's not Kylo... sheesh I'm such an idiot, LOL. I really can't wait to watch again. yeah totally, Kylo is Rey's future! lol
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:09 am

shii405 wrote:
Tex wrote:Didn't know where to post this. Can we talk about the mirror scene? Visually it was really cool. I really enjoyed it. Strangely reminded me of Harry Potter a first, random I know LOL, but also Beauty and the Beast and the magic mirror. It was very fairy tale-esque. In any case, it totally looked like two people walking towards the mirror that formed into one person that had Kylo's hair/body shape, but when the hand touched the glass it was Rey. Perhaps Ben and Kylo forming one person? Kylo/Ben and Rey as reflections of each other? BTW that magic mirror was like gurl who cares about your parents. I'm trying to show you your future husband LOL.
@Tex

OMG! I thought I was imagining things, so IT WAS KYLO'S SHADOW!! It wasn't just me!! I really thought Kylo would show up, so I was surprised it was Rey's reflection and I thought... oh... okay, it's not Kylo... sheesh I'm such an idiot, LOL. I really can't wait to watch again. yeah totally, Kylo is Rey's future! lol
@shii405

Seeing the movie again in about 8 hours so I'll be confirming this LOL, but I felt pretty confident that it was Kylo. I thought the hand was large at first too. I feel like there is more to that scene and I'm missing something. It's the catalyst for her to reach out to Kylo. Plus, her dialogue "I knew it couldn't go on forever, that it would eventually lead to somewhere", I can't recall her exact words. Is this a call back to Maz's advice about her belonging being ahead? We know it's not Luke.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:12 am

Tex wrote:
shii405 wrote:
@Tex

@shii405

Seeing the movie again in about 8 hours so I'll be confirming this LOL, but I felt pretty confident that it was Kylo. I thought the hand was large at first too. I feel like there is more to that scene and I'm missing something. It's the catalyst for her to reach out to Kylo. Plus, her dialogue "I knew it couldn't go on forever, that it would eventually lead to somewhere", I can't recall her exact words. Is this a call back to Maz's advice about her belonging being ahead? We know it's not Luke.
@Tex

Yeah, when the shadows converged I thought it would be Kylo at first too.

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:28 am

Wow yeah that mirror scene was very fairytale like as you say like beauty and the beast with the mirror - show me your future and also like Snow White - in fact there was another Snow White
Reference when rey arrived in the pod capsule laying down like Snow White and kylo leaned over her .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:53 am

Question: isn't the soundtrack supposed to be released today? Can't wait for this!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:41 am

If Rey's "Light" force awakened because of Kylo's force, and Luke had to die because they killed Snoke... Does it mean what I think it means for IX? Rey can't kill Kylo, and Kylo can't kill Rey.

Do you think it can be part of the story in IX? Or I'm wrong?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:46 am

reylo1992 wrote:Question: isn't the soundtrack supposed to be released today? Can't wait for this!
@reylo1992

I can't believe "fun with finn and rose" is real lol! and we were blissfully ignorant and naive thinking we were about to get "the price and the Scavenger" track LMAOOOO
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:Question: isn't the soundtrack supposed to be released today? Can't wait for this!
@reylo1992

I can't believe "fun with finn and rose" is real lol! and we were blissfully ignorant and naive thinking we were about to get "the price and the Scavenger" track LMAOOOO
@Maria Antonietta

Well, John Williams never racks his brain when it comes to choose the titles of his soundtracks Wink I guess we will get a Reylo theme only in episode 9. The Prince and the Scavenger, pleaaaassse!!! (now that it is confirmed that Rey is only a scavenger)
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:12 pm

I can't wait to see what Rian gets to say once he can finally talk in depth about this movie. How he phrases things, and details we get in supplementary materials, will probably do a number on how we see plot points and character arcs in TLJ.

Also he's a pretty responsive and eloquent guy on social media so I'm sure some of our more skeptical members will have a good chance to maybe strike up a dialogue with him about what concerns them. I'm sure there will be many who do it in not so great ways, so those trying to have an actual conversation with him probably have a better chance of getting a response!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:20 pm

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Screen14

My Bingo Card. I couldn't figure out if I should cross out "Rey accepts Kylo's help" because they work together in the PG fight scene, but that's not really the same thing as what I was imagining. Also, I really wanted Leia to slap Poe for a better reason than what actually happened. I would have really liked to see Kylo on Ahch-To.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Predic15

My Bingo card. I can't remember if BB-8 and BB-9E met or if Rey and Kylo realized they had things in common.

I'm not sure if "Rey and Kylo become allies" counts since they only fought together for a short time and then went separate ways.

I also don't remember if Kylo called Rey "scavenger", but at least they said each others real names several times, so I put a cross there.

I'm especially happy about my predictions about Kylo's hands and Rey using his lightsaber, and I'm sad Kylo didn't meet any porgs Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

@reylo1992

https://youtu.be/u_OO9taOvG8?list=PLh5vGAOncSbiaO_au8uEHG23iAgOuQSq9

You can listen to it here. It's the Disney Vevo YouTube channel.

Last edited by EchoBase on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:58 pm

EchoBase wrote:
@reylo1992

https://youtu.be/dvOqgtnrPAw

You can listen to it here (more tracks when you click on the link) it's the Disney Vevo YouTube channel.
@EchoBase

Thanks Smile
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:59 pm

shii405 wrote:
@Tex

@shii405

Same. And not only that scene is 100% a reference to the process of "facing your true self", it's also significant for their relationship. Rey asks for her parents, but we all know that what she truly wants is belonging. The belonging comes in two - Ben and Kylo - and they're one by the end. She can't have one without the other.

And this is truly reaffirmed in the throne room. Kylo drops the truth bomb about her parents in a cruel and truthful way -- just like the mirror with his image on did.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 16 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

Prediction of a good friend of mine who won't watch TLJ until Christmas Eve and keep himself away from spoiler:
- Rey is probably Han and Leia's daughter
- Luke is gonna die but will return as a ghost
- Rey will turn to the DS ("it can't be otherwise")
- Kylo will turn to the LS (and will become a "gaudy" character, like OT Luke)

I fought hard not to spoil him anything!
The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Source18

Can't help but imagine his face when he sees shirtless Kylo in front of Rey and what's come next   affraid  affraid  affraid
The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Giphy40
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:20 am

I have no idea where to put reviews from the press. Here is one with 16 questions left after TLJ. I don’t agree with all, but it’s surprisingly very pro-redemption and pro-Reylo and written by a woman - just saying.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-unresolved-mysteries-questions/

Some of the best parts imo.

About Kylo and Rey meant to rule together:

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) Ff2cca10

About the force bond:

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) 6c550d10

About the redemption:

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) 12e1bb10

This one left me speechless though. Wait, is it Kylo and Rey who broke the ship?

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) 7cad5010
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:06 am

Also can we talk about Kylo confronting Rey about her parents and how it's a crutch. How she latches on to older men as father figures. It was very psychological and points out that both Rey and Kylo are emotionally and mentally stunted. Him calling her out on how maybe she does know who her parents are, but just doesn't want to admit that she's a nobody, from nowhere, who had no future, so she made up this scenario to make herself feel better about her life. Then him saying that it doesn't matter because he doesn't think she's a nobody, that's she's important to him. Great stuff.
@Tex

Surprisingly, there were so many Harry Potter moments for me. I watched it the first time with my sister who said it and I couldn't shake it off. The mirror scene was the most obvious, but other ones as well. I think it was because RJ was trying to up the mysticism of the Force. For example, the strange voices that called Rey to underneath the island was very much Chamber of Secrets moment; The force bond itself was very reminiscent of harry/voldy connection which came from a piece of voldemort living in Harry; The Snoke/Rey torture scene; not to mention how Snapey of Kylo.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:16 am

Interesting post about the meaning of the line "Darkness rises and Light to meet it"
http://reylotrashblr.tumblr.com/post/168640773480/snoke-gave-us-the-answer-to-who-rey-really-is-and
Very Harry Potter vibe analysis by the way

Same for me: I felt a lot of callbacks to Harry Potter in TLJ
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:22 am

Guys! I just wanted to check a detail with you.

I must have completely missed it but: is it true that Rey stole the old Jedi texts before leaving Ahch-To Question bounce bounce bounce
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:27 am

reylo1992 wrote:Guys! I just wanted to check a detail with you.

I must have completely missed it but: is it true that Rey stole the old Jedi texts before leaving Ahch-To Question bounce bounce bounce
@reylo1992
Yes, you see them in a drawer on the Falcon.

Rey is a bad girl. Not only did she hit Luke with a stick, she stole his collectibles. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:38 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:Guys! I just wanted to check a detail with you.

@reylo1992
Yes, you see them in a drawer on the Falcon.

Rey is a bad girl. Not only did she hit Luke with a stick, she stole his collectibles. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks! Good news that she did! Hope that J.J. will do well because I was so disappointed that we got to know so few information about the Force related specifically to whatever Kylo and Rey shall achieve together. That gives me hope!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next