Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+88
giaciak2
Moonlight13
Lucina
Let The Past Die
twilekempire
Darth Rowan
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
adamdrivershair
Darth_marshmallow
Darth Dementor
KnightsofReyloRen
IoJovi
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Starliteprism
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
snufkin
BB-Rey
TheLastJedi
Irina de France
Teo oswald
Birdwoman
SkyStar
AcrosstheStars
BigDeal2187
BenRey
SanghaRen
Kylo Rey
whisperingwillow
special_cases
MyOnlyHope
Socialnole
unicorn
LadyHa
Lily Snape
Jozie
californiagirl
anneb
Ynqve
Chained Prometheus
Man Without A Star
Cowgirlsamurai
lauvamp
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Piper Maru
Gemlake
jakkusun
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
kroi
rey09
Little_Boots
nite0wl29
panki
reylo1992
SoloSideCousin
Kylo Men
Anakin Skywalker
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
fuhry
Rei of Sunshine
Reylo Lemon
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
DarthRen
Tex
shii405
Night Huntress
Chris24601
CienaRee
ZioRen
rawpowah
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
92 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 Empty Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:29 am

May as well ....

Mine are:

Vader's Castle makes an appearance
Kylo trying to contact Rey through Force Bond
Reylo kiss
Force Ghost Luke roasting Kylo
Grandpappy Force Ghost
Lens flare Wink
ETA:
Both of their Force visions coming true - they each turn some and meet in the middle.
Kylo telling Rey that she is not a nobody and never was and she should not believe that about herself

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:42 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:May as well ....

Mine are:

Vader's Castle makes an appearance
Kylo trying to contact Rey through Force Bond
Reylo kiss
Force Ghost Luke roasting Kylo
Grandpappy Force Ghost
Lens flare Wink
@ReyofLightSide

Love it!!!

I agree and add:
Rey begins to disagree with Poe's tactics too (to show that not everybody is completely good/righteous) as he tries to reassemble the Resistance.
Hux & Kylo conflict
Finn leads a Storm Trooper Rebellion
Definitely Reylo force bond moments. I don't think she'll shut him out permanently. I'm so glad they did the movie this way so we can make sure we get lots of good Reylo scenes!

I mean, all head canon, but I think they could happen.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:47 am

@ReyofLightSide All of these.

I'm throwing all caution to the wind.

Kiss of Life as climax - Kylo Ren literally dies and is reborn as Ben Solo
Ben wants to bring dark order to the galaxy because of the same type of reasons that motivate Rose, he's just going about it entirely the wrong way a la Renperor. (See Casterfo in Bloodline). Rey comes to understand this.
Movie ends with marriage and/or family, rhyming with Attack of the Clones

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:58 am

Parley - with Resistance outnumbered and Hux screwing up his plan for peace and prosperity, Renperor and Reysistance secretly meet to form an alliance. Storm trooper rebellion could work here very well given that Hux is in charge of their recruiting/programming.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:55 pm

There's a time jump between episodes. Rey is obviously a wonderful Jedi and a key player in rebuilding the Resistance, but it's meaningless. She has no ties to these people beyond Leia and Finn, and she's not complete without Ben. Ben (hear me out on this) actually becomes great at being Renperor. Only to find that in spite of how successful he is, the position is completely hollow without Rey beside him. Aaaaaaaangsty AF.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:35 pm

I find it impossible to guess how this is going to go, which I suppose was the raison d'être of TLJ in the first place.

I feel like Kylo being reborn as Ben Solo would have worked if we'd got a better idea of the goodness that used to be in Ben Solo. But the film gave us nothing beyond Rey's belief that Ben was good. Unless IX spends a considerable time uncovering this, I don't know how it would work. I feel like TLJ would have been the time to explore his backstory and the youth he used to be.

I feel like the coming-of-age story that really interested Rian was Kylo's evolution into the main villain, and not so much the story of a lost boy. I confess I have no sense of where this is supposed to go now, and how the connection between Rey and Kylo - which was, presumably, set up for a reason - is supposed to play into it.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:41 pm

Mmm I would need more time to think about it, I'm still elaborating this movie and maybe I should see it again as soon as possible.
But I already have some ideas in mind:
Time jump but always the same situation with the resistance in trouble and outnumbered  
Poe is the new leader, Leia is dead (some time before the movie)
Hux is clearly unhappy with the new Supreme Leader Lord Kylo Ren K/Queen and he's planning something against him
new force bond moments
Kylo tries to bring a new order, but with wrong methods
Ben and Rey meet halfway, trying to understand each other and accepting their mistakes/failures. In the end they will try to put an end to this endless conflict between bad guys and good guys.
new greyish area
Reylo hot smoking kiss  Mwehe
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:47 pm

vaderito wrote:Parley - with Resistance outnumbered and Hux screwing up his plan for peace and prosperity, Renperor and Reysistance secretly meet to form an alliance. Storm trooper rebellion could work here very well given that Hux is in charge of their recruiting/programming.

@vaderito

That's the future he saw when they touched hands. That she would end up turning on her own and standing with him. He just expected it too soon, but it's happening. This sith is intense.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 14 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

- Time jump
- Hux plotting against Supreme Leader Kylo
- Force ghost Luke
- Reylo kiss

These I think have a good chance happening, but here's a total blind stab: Kylo loses/gives up his force powers and is left an ordinary man. If he does live, I think it will cost him something dear, what about a thing that had always made him feel special and superior?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:17 pm

FG Luke as Kylo's companion would be much better than his being an Obi Wan to Rey&BroomBoi Padawans. Much more fun.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:28 pm

I can't decide if Luke would haunt Kylo literally ala Hamlet or if he too would leave him all alone in the galaxy. I think both could be interesting, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Kylo can only save his own soul. Strike down your true enemy. He is his own true enemy. All that.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:53 pm

Kylo and Finn team up. Otherwise wasted opportunity. beginning of TFA should be addressed cause it's one of the most intriguing loose threads. Plus they need it to make Rey happy.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

- Time skip (hopefully no more than a year)

- Leia dies and Poe is the leader of the Resistance (they're all based in the outer rim system)

- With Leia dead, I imagine Poe (and other Resistance members) wouldn't have any hesitation to kill Kylo now, which will put him in conflict with Rey.

- Kylo is miserable as Renperor and Hux plots behind his back

- If IX includes Leia's death, I can see Rey and Kylo reaching out to each other in grief

- Force ghost Luke haunts Kylo and taunts him about how much he messed up with Rey

- Force ghost Anakin scene with Kylo

- Reylo kiss

- Another Finnrose kiss, which hopefully Finn initiates

- Knights of Ren appear (hopefully Kylo is based in Mustafar like the dramatic dark lord he is)

If we get Rey training Broom boi and his padawan friends I'm going to hurl. That last scene in TLJ was very cringe. Should have ended with Leia and Rey in the Falcon.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I find it impossible to guess how this is going to go, which I suppose was the raison d'être of TLJ in the first place.

I feel like Kylo being reborn as Ben Solo would have worked if we'd got a better idea of the goodness that used to be in Ben Solo. But the film gave us nothing beyond Rey's belief that Ben was good. Unless IX spends a considerable time uncovering this, I don't know how it would work. I feel like TLJ would have been the time to explore his backstory and the youth he used to be.

I feel like the coming-of-age story that really interested Rian was Kylo's evolution into the main villain, and not so much the story of a lost boy. I confess I have no sense of where this is supposed to go now, and how the connection between Rey and Kylo - which was, presumably, set up for a reason - is supposed to play into it.
@Darth Dingbat

But Kylo becoming Renperor wasn't a coming of age at all. He's as out of control and irrationally angry in those final scenes as we've ever seen him. In fact, he was much more mature and level-headed in all of his previous scenes with Rey and he's back to the temper tantrum Kylo we knew from TFA at the end.

But anyways, here are a few predictions of mine:

- Hux plots a coup against Kylo. It's at least partially successful
- Force ghost Luke "haunts" Kylo. I get that Kylo has to redeem himself, but I think he needs a reminder hanging around his shoulder since he's so immersed and alone in his mistakes right now
- Rey and Kylo's connection remains firmly closed at the start but opens again at a pivotal moment against their wills
- The Knights of Ren are back as Kylo's entourage. I'm sure JJ will want them in there!
- Finn leads a Stormtrooper rebellion. He and Kylo have at least one confrontation as a "coming full circle" sequence. How Finn survives that, who knows!
- Force ghost Anakin finally makes an appearance to Kylo. I have a very distinct feeling they've been holding this particular card close to their chest and it'll finally come to use in IX.

Last edited by ZioRen on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:09 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I find it impossible to guess how this is going to go, which I suppose was the raison d'être of TLJ in the first place.

@Darth Dingbat

But Kylo becoming Renperor wasn't a coming of age at all. He's as out of control and irrationally angry in those final scenes as we've ever seen him. In fact, he was much more mature and level-headed in all of his previous scenes with Rey and he's back to the temper tantrum Kylo we knew from TFA at the end.
@ZioRen

That's very true, but wasn't talking about coming of age in the context of his own film? When he mentioned Kylo as well.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:15 pm

It's funny, I can predict a bunch of things regarding Kylo and Finn's potential arcs in IX but Rey is....sort of coming up blank? I'm trying to think what the end of TLJ suggests about her upcoming story and I don't really know. Obviously the connection with Kylo will come into play, but what is her position as the Last Jedi going to help with? That suggests she's meant to pass on her knowledge eventually, but I doubt that'll come into play in IX. Is she just going to be generally helping out the Resistance? Will she go and try to gather allies? No clue!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

ZioRen wrote:It's funny, I can predict a bunch of things regarding Kylo and Finn's potential arcs in IX but Rey is....sort of coming up blank? I'm trying to think what the end of TLJ suggests about her upcoming story and I don't really know. Obviously the connection with Kylo will come into play, but what is her position as the Last Jedi going to help with? That suggests she's meant to pass on her knowledge eventually, but I doubt that'll come into play in IX. Is she just going to be generally helping out the Resistance? Will she go and try to gather allies? No clue!
@ZioRen

Yeah,exactly I mentioned it before but I felt like TLJ ended her character arc before the big final episode so I'm not sure where JJ can take her while I can imagine a lot of different scenarios for the other characters.
I mean if they start the next movie with her training other potential Jedi that would be more fitting for post 9 not before so her relationship with Kylo's the only thing left unresolved in her story but I hope JJ surprises me.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm

My predictions... Hmmm...

- Time jump of about six months, no more than a year.
- Rey will have just finishing the very delicate repairs to the Skywalker lightsaber when the film starts.
- Leia's death will occur early in the film; The resistance will bury her on Ahch-To alongside some of Luke's mortal effects. This will get Rey thinking about the last time she was here which will leave her more open than she has been to the Forcetime bond with Ben.
- Ben would feel Leia's death and be trying to open a Forcetime connection to Rey to find out the details. His distraction while doing so will give Hux the opportunity to try and take out Ben. During his Forcetime with Rey about Leia, Hux's coup attempt will occur and the Forcetime chat will be cut off.
- Rey will sense that Ben is still alive but in great danger and decide, even if she can't be with him, he doesn't deserve to be killed off by a space-Nazi like Hux and heads off to his rescue.
- Meanwhile Poe and the Rebels are planning a last ditch strike against the First Order leadership. He won't delay it just because Rey decided to run off, putting a timer on how long Rey has to rescue/redeem Ben.
- Rey and Ben will end up in a situation (stranded, trapped, hunted) where they have to rely on each other. Over the course of this struggle Ben will learn to let go of the power he thought he thought he wanted while Rey learns more about why Ben wanted that power so badly (i.e. lets go of idealized Ben who could walk easily into the light for the real damaged and broken Ben who is terrified of losing even more than he already has).
- Hux is aware of the Rebel plans and has readied an ambush to destroy them.
- In the end Ben puts his life on the line to stop Hux and save the rebels. He reclaims control of the First Order from Hux and orders the First Order forces to stand down/surrender to the Rebel Alliance... earning his redemption by surrendering his power to Rey and the Rebels.
- For his actions, Ben is spared a death sentence but is exiled from the civilized galaxy... Rey suggests that he be exiled to Ahch-To because its virtually unfindable (quoting what Luke said about it in TLJ).
- Ben is dropped off and walks up the lonely cliffs alone only to find Rey waiting at the top. Grinning at him, she explains that she's decided to re-form the Jedi and can't think of a better place to do so than where the First Jedi got their start. The final shot is of them kissing on the ledge overlooking the ocean as the sun rises and Luke and Leia's force ghosts look on smiling and proud (since you'd only need a few seconds of it I think they could use some footage from an alternate take in TLJ for Leia's force ghost in such a scene as the tasteful alternative to digitally compositing her face onto another actor).

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

@Chris24601: you should write and direct IX! Approves
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:32 pm

@Chris24601

.....Please tell me you're secretly J.J. Abrams.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

A Return to Ahch-To:

I think the end scene, Luke was seeing the future(looked like two ships in the distance heading towards him), maybe a sort of reassurance before letting go and becoming a force ghost. I can only guess that it is Kylo Ren and Rey heading back to the planet.

Force Ghost Luke will visit both Rey and Kylo Ren

Broom boi was just suppose to mark HOPE in the galaxy, alluding that he will one day be trained as a reformed Jedi. I think Rose was underlining this idea with the Fathiers(I think it's interesting that it is so closely spelled like Father, and Rose saving them)?, lack of freedom, being used for the money hunger and greedy folks, and also how the kids were being used as slaves. Maybe slaves will have to be freed across the galaxy or recruited(on a volunteered basis), to increase numbers for the resistance(giving greater purpose, leveling the playing field, more people will learn the best way to be a jedi. Luke was already saying the force is there for everyone, not just jedi, plus the amount of slaves in this universe, it is a bit too top-heavy in my opinion.

I think Canto Bight type people are going to have a run for their money so will see DJ again.

Notice how Anakin was the son of a slave, came from nothing, then Luke in not the greatest of conditions, then Rey, a no-one and scavenger. This is to highlight the fact that even if you come from "Nothing" you can still become something. Peace and Purpose.

There is still a redemption arc in play for for Kylo Ren and Rey will be at the end of it, meeting him at the point in which they both subscribe to the adage that Rose stated to Finn, Not going to win this by destroying your enemies, but saving the ones you love.

LOVE is the end game.

Side note: I find it interesting how Kylo Ren stated that Rey needed a teacher, she didn't like his approach in how it was offered in TFA, but slowly slowly, when not getting lessons she desperately wanted from Luke and resigned to the fact that she was not getting questions answered, Kylo Ren/Ben was there in those times of need, as a teacher. In his low point at the end, he was reaching out to her, but he was clearly relegated to the couch to sleep on for the night, to have a good think about what he has done to upset her.
:-p

And I kinda wish that it would be the two of them to piece back the lightsaber together as not sure she picked up all the pieces? But then another part of me would be in awe if she constructed it to be double-ended and kinda like her staff/bo.
Will think of more bits and edit this again soon after a good night's rest.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:42 pm

After all that UST in TLJ, REYLO KISS in IX is A-MUST, be it happy or tragic ending, or I'll sue Disney! cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm

@Darth Dingbat

I agree Darth Dingbat, we didn't get as much explicit explanation of Ben's fall in TLJ as I had hoped, or would have preferred.
That is, unless I pick up more on a subsequent viewings! Wink
Though I've now seen the movie, I feel like my experience of it is only just beginning.. and I trust the story will be great by the end of IX.

Yes it does seem that Rey's conviction that there is still conflict in Kylo (along with Luke's at the end) were pretty much what we were given to really see Ben's goodness.

It struck me that this is what happened in ROTJ in 1983. Before the prequel trilogies ever existed from 1999- all we knew of Vader and his conflict was what Luke said - I couldn't see any real inner Vader conflict - he had on a flippin mask! Yoda, Obi-Wan and Leia were all telling Luke that he was mistaken... and it wasn't until right up to the decisive moment that I found out Luke had been right all along (which Anakin kindly verbalised for us Wink ).
Anyway, this was my experience having watched the OT first, and it still worked for me.

For now, I can accept that knowing Rey and Luke saw conflict in Ben is enough. But I definitely want this explored more in IX. Now he is free of Snoke he can start thinking again!

I just watched again the elevator scene (god bless tumblr for that) - Kylo is blank/stern... and looking straight ahead  - Until she calls him 'Ben' - he notices this and turns to look at her - an emotion flashes across his eyes.. he's more warm, open, less blank. It's like in that moment he reconnects with Rey, having been numbed since her arrival.
That look he gives her through the glass of the pod gave me chills - no smile. no welcome. whoa. I tried to just take it all on board at the time and stick with what the story was telling me rather than be too analytical.
Anyway, I wish I could pinpoint the look he gives her when she calls him Ben, and he notices, and turns to look at her.. But I want a better quality, bigger picture. I bet all the fabulous, insightful fans on here will help me to better understand this moment in time..
It could be I am a deluded SW fan who is creating goodness in TLJ (searching for the light!), but just rewatching this one scene alone, I'm already finding the movie is getting better and better.. and that there is a lot of depth here for me. I think this movie will blossom under further viewings.
Just sharing my experience- we will all experience things different and that's cool Smile

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm

Hi all, fabulous ideas here!
Yes Reylo kiss is a must!!!!

I'll give this a go! General ideas...

Can I just say I want the story of fan fic 'Prey' to play out?! I loved it. though the loss of Leia puts a stop to her central role in that story Sad
-I liked the idea of Kylo fleeing the FO and being hunted, seeking out Rey, and their working together.. and co-sleeping together Wink ahem..
I'd be really surprised if a Disney movie did that last bit though Wink

Leia will either die or go off in exile somewhere (and the movie ends with Ben flying off to reunite with her along with his Rey Smile )
If Leia dies, I would be surprised if the circumstances around it are not instrumental in Kylo turning away from the FO.
Or his reuniting with Rey even just temporarily. I would rule out Kylo being culpable in her death!

Rey could reach out to Kylo for his help. maybe when Leia is in peril. I would like to see Kylo act in order to save his mother. It's one way that his relationship with her can be useful in telling his redemption story and bring some closure here, without Carrie needing to be present.. *sigh*
I'd prefer to see Kylo not be rescued by Rey - for me the Snoke confrontation was like this.. I'd like to see Rey ask for Kylo's help or have Kylo rescue Rey. Not just an 'I can't kill her moment'! We need to see him acting on the fact she is important to him! And so does Rey - Kylo being of service would go a ways toward bringing them closer still.

If Snoke returns, I could see him sneak killing Leia to get revenge on Kylo. This could be done off screen easily I think. And it would be a powerful way to herald his existence.

The Knights of Ren are going to be tough to beat. Maybe we will see Rey's force vision play out in IX? one of them goes to attack Rey- so Kylo kills him..
The KOR will be adversaries for Rey. but - they could eventually be adversaries for Ben too..
Or.. maybe they too will turn back to the light eventually.. [err except the one Kylo stabs haaa]

With Kylo now Renperor, anyone he cares about is in danger IMHO - whether snoke still lives or not..
[repeating what I said in reviews thread]: I think Hux saw how emotional Kylo was at the end of TLJ and how this led to bad decisions. I think Hux will use this against Kylo to manipulate him and seize power.. so Hux will be wanting to keep Kylo highly emotional - Hux is pretty cluey about Kylo's weakness thanks to watching Snoke. Hux knows about 'the girl' and Leia I'm sure.. I'm so glad Hux survived for IX.

the force bond will continue to play out.. but I can see Rey not engaging at first - or having a time frame out of contact from Kylo.
He needs to be truly separated from her to be driven to her - If she's still around all the time heck why would it be that she needed to join him?
Wink he'd not be so lonely and he could be Renperor. Nope I think that one doesn't work.. I think it will be only a matter of time before Kylo hunts Rey down so to speak. He won't let things rest as they are. He's a man of action Smile

any bets on how long Kylo is Renperor for? I hope Kylo's redemption will not be a Vader repeat - i.e. last minute redemption and hardly any viewing time of him actually being redeemed. Ugh. However, I'd take this over no redemption at all any day!

Seeing a glimpse of Luke's fancy compass on Ach-too has fired up my imagination. Indiana Jones style hunt in IX? Dream: Rey and Kylo go on a quest together to bring the balance:) How? for what? I'll take a stab at a specific but will most likely be wrong lol: the compass leads to the orb that can be used to balance the force, that must be wielded by both the dark and the light to work. [this could be where their raw powah comes in.. it is a mix of both dark and light and unique to them]

End game is going to be informed by how the force plays out IMHO - while it was skimmed over big time in TLJ, it is still underneath it all a story of bringing balance to the force. I can see an end game where choosing to bring balance to the force means sacrificing the raw powah they both have. I have wondered if there can be force users if the force is in balance.. I don't assume.. What do you all think?
Can force ghosts exist after the force is in balance? It seems to me to usurp the natural order of things - and Rey's vision in TLJ had decay and new life - it may be balance will sever ties to the force ghosts.. [who I think we will see more of IX - please let Kylo talk with Anakin!! ]
After the end of TLJ and the hints that a new Jedi order will arise (the Phoenix order perhaps?!) - I am leaning toward force users being possible if the force is in balance, if they use the force in a new balanced way (not that I have any inkling what that will be like Wink )
So Kylo and Rey lose their raw powah, but maybe they will retain their ability to be force users of the garden variety Wink
We could also up the drama and say bringing balance will end the raw powah and their force bond. but - it will mean they choose to be together in an intimate way- not have it be a happy accident. Hmm.. I like this.

I'd like the trilogy to end with Ben and Rey giving homes to abandoned children [probably super cheesy but hey this is a free place to dream right?!], freeing slave children or helping them in some capacity throughout the galaxy.  (leaders or not -I have no preference so long as they are good and together).

So if the FO ends - will a new 'new republic' take it's place? and if so.. who will lead it from our band of characters?  

Oh dear once I get going... thanks for reading this far!

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:13 pm

Chris24601 wrote:My predictions... Hmmm...

- Time jump of about six months, no more than a year.
- Rey will have just finishing the very delicate repairs to the Skywalker lightsaber when the film starts.
- Leia's death will occur early in the film; The resistance will bury her on Ahch-To alongside some of Luke's mortal effects. This will get Rey thinking about the last time she was here which will leave her more open than she has been to the Forcetime bond with Ben.
- Ben would feel Leia's death and be trying to open a Forcetime connection to Rey to find out the details. His distraction while doing so will give Hux the opportunity to try and take out Ben. During his Forcetime with Rey about Leia, Hux's coup attempt will occur and the Forcetime chat will be cut off.
- Rey will sense that Ben is still alive but in great danger and decide, even if she can't be with him, he doesn't deserve to be killed off by a space-Nazi like Hux and heads off to his rescue.
- Meanwhile Poe and the Rebels are planning a last ditch strike against the First Order leadership. He won't delay it just because Rey decided to run off, putting a timer on how long Rey has to rescue/redeem Ben.
- Rey and Ben will end up in a situation (stranded, trapped, hunted) where they have to rely on each other. Over the course of this struggle Ben will learn to let go of the power he thought he thought he wanted while Rey learns more about why Ben wanted that power so badly (i.e. lets go of idealized Ben who could walk easily into the light for the real damaged and broken Ben who is terrified of losing even more than he already has).
- Hux is aware of the Rebel plans and has readied an ambush to destroy them.
- In the end Ben puts his life on the line to stop Hux and save the rebels. He reclaims control of the First Order from Hux and orders the First Order forces to stand down/surrender to the Rebel Alliance... earning his redemption by surrendering his power to Rey and the Rebels.
- For his actions, Ben is spared a death sentence but is exiled from the civilized galaxy... Rey suggests that he be exiled to Ahch-To because its virtually unfindable (quoting what Luke said about it in TLJ).
- Ben is dropped off and walks up the lonely cliffs alone only to find Rey waiting at the top. Grinning at him, she explains that she's decided to re-form the Jedi and can't think of a better place to do so than where the First Jedi got their start. The final shot is of them kissing on the ledge overlooking the ocean as the sun rises and Luke and Leia's force ghosts look on smiling and proud (since you'd only need a few seconds of it I think they could use some footage from an alternate take in TLJ for Leia's force ghost in such a scene as the tasteful alternative to digitally compositing her face onto another actor).
@Chris24601

I love it all Chris24601!
Especially the bolded.. whooo so many ideas that will be awesome!!

'Forcetime chat' - that is pure genius Chris24601!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum