Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+88
giaciak2
Moonlight13
Lucina
Let The Past Die
twilekempire
Darth Rowan
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
adamdrivershair
Darth_marshmallow
Darth Dementor
KnightsofReyloRen
IoJovi
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Starliteprism
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
snufkin
BB-Rey
TheLastJedi
Irina de France
Teo oswald
Birdwoman
SkyStar
AcrosstheStars
BigDeal2187
BenRey
SanghaRen
Kylo Rey
whisperingwillow
special_cases
MyOnlyHope
Socialnole
unicorn
LadyHa
Lily Snape
Jozie
californiagirl
anneb
Ynqve
Chained Prometheus
Man Without A Star
Cowgirlsamurai
lauvamp
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Piper Maru
Gemlake
jakkusun
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
kroi
rey09
Little_Boots
nite0wl29
panki
reylo1992
SoloSideCousin
Kylo Men
Anakin Skywalker
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
fuhry
Rei of Sunshine
Reylo Lemon
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
DarthRen
Tex
shii405
Night Huntress
Chris24601
CienaRee
ZioRen
rawpowah
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
92 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 40 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress Tue 23 Jan 2018, 4:31 pm

madeinmn wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:I don't know why- but that image makes me cringe... I don't think that's Kylo's thing- like at all No
@Night Huntress

UGH - ICA!!! In fact the whole Renperor thing! I watched TFA a dozen times and read both TFA novels and not once did I get a sense that Kylo was just biding his time in order to rule Supreme over the Galaxy. In fact in the novels he come across as very philosophical, he was more into the "beauty"  of the logical order that exists in the Galaxy. I just never guessed that he wanted to be the ruler of a tyrannical regime....I wished Kylo's motives for being part of the FO were more clearly defined. Then maybe his take over of the FO wouldn't have been such a shock, well to me at least Shocked
@madeinmn

I don't think that was his intention at all- it was the circumstances that almost forced him into that role.
He wanted to built a new Galaxy together with Rey, yes - his awful but honest proposal wasn't to rule over a dark Empire, he wanted to truly create something totally new and different...but then Rey turned him down. Going for the lightsaber and betraying him (from his POV).
Under all that black cloth anger and petulance he is sensitive and was hurt because his crush turned down his marriage proposal.
So he went into anger-tantrum mode leashing out at everything.
Remember- it wasn't Kylo who claimed himself new Supreme Leader...it was Hux.

The conversion from the throne room after Kylo wakes up.

Hux: What happened?
Kylo:The girl murdered Snoke. What happened?
Hux: She took Snoke's escape craft.
Kylo: We know where she's going. Get all our forces down to that Resistance base. Let's finish this.
Hux: Finish this? Who do you think you're talking to? you presume to command my army?Our Supreme Leader is dead! We have no ruler!
Kylo  force-chokes Hux
Kylo: The Supreme Leader is dead.
Hux: Long live the Supreme Leader.

I mean what else should he have done? Leave the FO to Hux? Leave the FO for good and whine? Running to the Resistance and let himself be executed?  Nope
He isn't a power-hungry maniac- but he took the opportunity when nothing else was left.

BUT even as the new SL I don't see him sitting on a throne like that at all- not even for meeting people...he is more the broody worrier type. When not in the war zone keeping to himself in his private simple chambers. Kylo/Ben is a snob force elitist but unpretentious when it comes to luxuries. At least that's my impression from what we know about him till now.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 23 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

I honestly don't know where to post this, but Domhnall gave an interview and said the scene where Hux is about to shoot an unconscious Kylo was his idea.

http://domhnall-tonal.tumblr.com/post/170034920374/domhnall-gleeson-takes-credit-for-memorable-last

I know several of us were expecting, based on that moment, for Hux to stage a coup and kick out Kylo once he finds out what really happened to Snoke, so I was wondering if you think Domhnall saying that moment was actually not Rian's will impact what's going to happen in IX. Or do you think it's still possible for Hux to be a threat? Seems like Rian just saw him as comic relief.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:07 pm

With all the talk about the Knights of Ren, I found this collage Very Happy

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 40 Tumblr_p2z2brTGj41v7bmnvo1_1280
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm

rawpowah wrote:I honestly don't know where to post this, but Domhnall gave an interview and said the scene where Hux is about to shoot an unconscious Kylo was his idea.

http://domhnall-tonal.tumblr.com/post/170034920374/domhnall-gleeson-takes-credit-for-memorable-last

I know several of us were expecting, based on that moment, for Hux to stage a coup and kick out Kylo once he finds out what really happened to Snoke, so I was wondering if you think Domhnall saying that moment was actually not Rian's will impact what's going to happen in IX. Or do you think it's still possible for Hux to be a threat? Seems like Rian just saw him as comic relief.
@rawpowah

While that one bit might have been improvised by Domhnall, there were plenty of other things from that point on in TLJ to hint at Hux not being happy with the new Supreme Leader...Hux's undisguised contempt for Kylo ("Do you think you got him?"), Hux repeating Kylo's orders at the shuttle crew, and that look of pure disgust at the end when they're in the bunker.

I don't think it makes Hux wanting to possibly usurp Kylo any less likely; I look at it as another data point to help hammer home Hux's disdain with Kylo.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:25 am

Back in the early days somebody on here had written a fan fiction that came up in a discussion about what theoretically would happen if Hux discovered solid proof that basically everything he'd built up for the First Order as part of his ambitions to rule the galaxy was undermined by Kylo Ren chasing after a girl. Can't remember the exact old thread, but it was a very plausible scenario in the humor of how you know Hux HAS to react when everything finally comes out. Because it will. Or God help me, JJ Abrams you cannot have a scenario like that tee'd up for you after having Hux rat out Kylo for sneaking a girl into his quarters instead of staying on mission and just decide to roll with the General Hugs comic relief (though I did enjoy seeing him get Force pushed by tantrum throwing Kylo).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:43 am

@ISeeAnIsland I remember from an interview that Hux repeating Kylo's orders was something decided on the day of filming. But his look of disgust is definitely very telling.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 24 Jan 2018, 8:13 am

I just saw this for the third time last night, and I can safely say that it doesn't matter how many of the small moments b/w Kylo and Hux were constructed at the last minute, Hux's overall EVERYTHING screams "THIS guy is the true remorseless villain of the series, and he *will* snatch the power at the end of it." Hux is exactly the unfeeling antagonist that so many want Kylo Ren to be (including Kylo himself), except he doesn't have force powers. I'm really not sure if it was intentional or not, but they've basically had Hux in plain sight the whole time, telling us that he's equipping the FO with impossible weapons that shouldn't even exist (and also giving freaking evil Hitler speeches while obliterating entire planets) and everyone's kind of just not taken him seriously. It's just perfect set-up for IX I hope, I hope!

Hux has definitely improved for me on repeated viewings. After I saw TFA I was super impressed with everything but remember saying to myself, "Why did it seem like Domhnall Gleeson was acting in a different movie?" (as in, he was super hammy) But NOW after TLJ I'm like, "Oh man, why did I think I didn't like this? This is AWESOME." He's playing the cartoony supervillain because he IS the cartoony supervillain, except no one has noticed it's him in spite of how obvious he's being. And I LOVE it.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 24 Jan 2018, 8:51 am

rawpowah wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I remember from an interview that Hux repeating Kylo's orders was something decided on the day of filming. But his look of disgust is definitely very telling.
@rawpowah

Really? That's one of my favorite parts! Did Domhnall come up with that day of or Rian?
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 24 Jan 2018, 9:17 am

@SheLitAFire From what I remember it was implied that it happened spontaneously. It wasn't attributed to anyone in particular.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:38 am

rawpowah wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I remember from an interview that Hux repeating Kylo's orders was something decided on the day of filming. But his look of disgust is definitely very telling.
@rawpowah

Kylo: Concentrate all firepower on those speeders! Cool
Hux : CONCENTRATE ALL FIREPOWER ON THOSE SPEEDERS!!!! Mad
and Kylo gives him a look Neutral
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:41 pm

nickandnora wrote:I just saw this for the third time last night, and I can safely say that it doesn't matter how many of the small moments b/w Kylo and Hux were constructed at the last minute, Hux's overall EVERYTHING screams "THIS guy is the true remorseless villain of the series, and he *will* snatch the power at the end of it." Hux is exactly the unfeeling antagonist that so many want Kylo Ren to be (including Kylo himself), except he doesn't have force powers. I'm really not sure if it was intentional or not, but they've basically had Hux in plain sight the whole time, telling us that he's equipping the FO with impossible weapons that shouldn't even exist (and also giving freaking evil Hitler speeches while obliterating entire planets) and everyone's kind of just not taken him seriously. It's just perfect set-up for IX I hope, I hope!

Hux has definitely improved for me on repeated viewings. After I saw TFA I was super impressed with everything but remember saying to myself, "Why did it seem like Domhnall Gleeson was acting in a different movie?" (as in, he was super hammy) But NOW after TLJ I'm like, "Oh man, why did I think I didn't like this? This is AWESOME." He's playing the cartoony supervillain because he IS the cartoony supervillain, except no one has noticed it's him in spite of how obvious he's being. And I LOVE it.
@nickandnora

Right?

Last-minute add(s) or not, let's not forget that the famous Choker Shots of the TFA Snowfight were also last-minute adds (something that JJ added on the advice of Ava Duvernay as late reshoots). I wouldn't discount them adding things to highlight the Hux-Kylo rivalry just because they weren't in the original script.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:25 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nickandnora wrote:I just saw this for the third time last night, and I can safely say that it doesn't matter how many of the small moments b/w Kylo and Hux were constructed at the last minute, Hux's overall EVERYTHING screams "THIS guy is the true remorseless villain of the series, and he *will* snatch the power at the end of it." Hux is exactly the unfeeling antagonist that so many want Kylo Ren to be (including Kylo himself), except he doesn't have force powers. I'm really not sure if it was intentional or not, but they've basically had Hux in plain sight the whole time, telling us that he's equipping the FO with impossible weapons that shouldn't even exist (and also giving freaking evil Hitler speeches while obliterating entire planets) and everyone's kind of just not taken him seriously. It's just perfect set-up for IX I hope, I hope!

@nickandnora

Right?

Last-minute add(s) or not, let's not forget that the famous Choker Shots of the TFA Snowfight were also last-minute adds (something that JJ added on the advice of Ava Duvernay as late reshoots). I wouldn't discount them adding things to highlight the Hux-Kylo rivalry just because they weren't in the original script.
@ISeeAnIsland

Given that those choker shots glorious choker shots were what spurred me onto the central dynamic of Rey and Ben, I gotta wonder exactly how "last minute" they were.  Some of that type of stuff almost reeks of plotgate, with trying to throw the audience off of the scent.  

Like, if I were to hear Hux's final stare at the back of Kylo's head was just in there, for kicks, I'd roll my eyes there too.  Hux is definitely going to be playing a very beefed up roll in IX as Kylo's direct antagonist.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

Hux's role surprised me the most in TLJ. I did believe he would be one of those characters that would be killed off like Phasma. I was completely surprised at the end when I saw that he was going to probably be the big bad in the next movie.

How big of a time jump do you think we will get?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:43 pm

@Birdwoman I personally hope only a few month...not more.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:38 pm

@Birdwoman

I was thinking about 6 months more or less, but I'd rather prefer around 1 year to see:

1) The Resistance reborn
2) Rey more used to her power and to her "new life"
3) Renperor settled down + Hux conspiring against him in secret
4) Reylo meeting after long time = the feelings strongly relight
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

Today I found on reddit my own crack prediction how Rey and Kylo won't interact\speak in TLJ and how their arcs won't end. LOL I think I was wrong Very Happy Very Happy I'm kidding of course, we got "you're not alone," but I was waiting for something different I guess

- Rey, you are so cute. I presume we need to kill this dude Snoke.
- YOU R MONSTAAH.
- But did you see his face? Can you blame me, scavenger? Really, this dark side sucks.
- You r monstaah.
- True. But you are painfully cute. And together, you and I can rule the galaxy!
- Do you... do you really feel the pull to the light, Ky Ben?
- Don't be stupid, scavenger, of course, I do. When the pull to the light is so cute. --- KISS-KISS ---

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=765
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40