Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

+62
ZephyrStrife
KnightsofReylo_2015
Atenais
Lucina
Socialnole
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
HJ98
Irina de France
whisperingwillow
PalmettoBlue
naberrie93
LesCousinsDangereux
unicorn
Reylo Lemon
Moonlight13
EchoBase
AhsokaTano
Xylo Ren
Little_Boots
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Jakku
kassadin
Saracene
BigDeal2187
BB-Rey
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Starliteprism
AnneNeville
Ynqve
Lily Snape
LadyHa
shii405
Rei of Sunshine
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
snufkin
Moonjump05
rey09
Reynak
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
IoJovi
reylo1992
Kessel
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Birdwoman
MeadowofAshes
Cowgirlsamurai
ZioRen
fuhry
SoloSideCousin
motherofpearl1
Night Huntress
RosiePancake
DarthRen
Darth_marshmallow
66 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Sat 06 Jan 2018, 3:29 pm

@Atenais wrote:These fans complaining, I don't get them, it's a trilogy, we have to wait the third movie to see if the whole story makes sense. This one is the 2nd movie, the depressive one (who wants a trilogy where the good guys win always?), we have to wait and see what the third one has to us.

EXACTLY.  Sometimes I just want to remind those fans that are complaining that we only have 2/3rds of a story! It's not complete! You don't end/stop a "fairytale" story at the 2/3 point when all sith hits the fan...NO...you continue on to see it all resolved.  Those fans can judge this story all they want...once it is fully complete...not 2/3rds the way through!  

BTW...ESB wasn't the beloved movie it is today until ROTJ came out and resolved the OT story. Which very well could happen to TLJ too, once IX resolves the ST story.  We will just have to wait and see...and judge it then...but not until then.
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 07 Jan 2018, 2:45 pm

I'm down to 1/10 now, and that one point goes to the Reylo scenes. I can't help but think of all the emotional and storytelling potential lost in TLJ (and it's a LOT, and therefore also lost for IX - the second movie of the trilogy has to take up momentum for a great story arc, not the final one IMHO). My resurrected enthusiasm for Star Wars from 2015 has been completely extinguished, I'm slightly depressed thinking of Carrie's final performance on screen being wasted like this, and I can't help but wonder if Trevorrow and Co. weren't fired for "creative differences", but because they saw TLJ's script and dared to criticize it.

In 2019 I'll definitely wait for spoilers before I go see it in theaters (unless it ends real bad, in that case I won't even bother).
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:28 pm

I saw The Last Jedi for a second time last night and genuinely loved it so much more this time. The Reylo scenes are still the best part without question. That look Ben gives Rey as she's fighting the guards and how he says please! In general though the things that bothered me the first time aren't bothering me as much now. There's still a little bit of dialogue I don't love and I don't like Luke's wink or walk after throwing the lightsaber but, these are minor grips in an otherwise great movie. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:46 am

BB-Rey wrote:I saw The Last Jedi for a second time last night and genuinely loved it so much more this time. The Reylo scenes are still the best part without question. That look Ben gives Rey as she's fighting the guards and how he says please! In general though the things that bothered me the first time aren't bothering me as much now. There's still a little bit of dialogue I don't love and I don't like Luke's wink or walk after throwing the lightsaber but, these are minor grips in an otherwise great movie. Smile
@BB-Rey

Yeah, I just saw it for a second time too. I still didn't like the lightsaber toss or the sea monster scene. It's the prime example of going for dumb laughs (though it definitely is a thing George Lucas did). And some of Rey's behaviors on Atch-to are weird to me. Twirling the lightsaber, smiling at the sea monster, getting all excited when Luke tickles her with the leaf...

On the other hand, I feel much better about the Holdo introduction. Before, I thought it was inconceivable that Poe wouldn't have met her. But this time, I caught that the whole command team was blown out of that bridge, and also noticed that Poe was very aware of who she was.

I also noticed (or did I imagine it) that Finn refers to the ground cannon on Crait as 'miniaturized Death Star tech' wheras I thought he called it 'starkiller base tech' the first time around.

I also think that the cave scene clearly shows that Rey in fact, does not know who her parents are. She is obviously afraid that her parents sold her off, but when she is in the cave, she says she's calm and unafraid. She sees cloudy outlines of two people merging into her. But she doesn't see their faces. That tells me the information is not in her mind. I think Kylo reads her fear and thinks it's real because it serves him in that moment to belittle her that way.

Speaking of that, I still can't understand people being mad at Rey for not accepting Kylo's offer. She wants to stop the attack on the fleeing Resistance vessels and he is totally unsympathetic to it. He doesn't even offer to stop the attack in exchange for her joining him. What he says is not "Let's be a team", it's "Please join my agenda". She's right to refuse him and try to save those people.

Speaking of that, I wonder how she got out of the ship and back to the Falcon.

Also, did anyone else think that Timiri, aka Broom Boy, looks like a young Ewan McGregor?
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:39 pm

@fuhry

I think the lightsaber toss itself is growing on me, the walk off not so much. I missed some of these Rey moments. Namely when Luke tickles her with the leaf, I'll look for that next time. I don't mind the others though as she has a childlike wonder and way in The Force Awakens. Like licking her plate and what not. It's hard for me to criticize anything with Rey though as she's who I identify most with. Smile

Definitely agreed. I also think it makes sense in that she naturally kept him in the dark in fear he'd do something reckless again. She's a good character and I loved her even more the second time.

I will look for this on my next viewing.

I tend to agree with this. I think we need to see her parents as they mean something to her. She needs that.closure and full acceptance to move fully onto the next part of her life.

That's a great way of looking at it. I agree. I don't think they fully saw the full scope of each other when they touched hands before Luke interrupted their moment. I think there's more to be said and shown here. Same with them discussing Han. As I feel Ben put things back on her instead of having a proper conversation about it. There's feelings I think he's not entirely in touch with in regards to Han and his family.

Yes. They both want different things at this stage. They'll have to find their balance in Episode IX.

She stole Snoke's ship. That's what Hux says as he talks with Ben in the Throne Room. I missed that at first.

I didn't. I will look for this too!
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:20 am

fuhry wrote:
BB-Rey wrote:I saw The Last Jedi for a second time last night and genuinely loved it so much more this time. The Reylo scenes are still the best part without question. That look Ben gives Rey as she's fighting the guards and how he says please! In general though the things that bothered me the first time aren't bothering me as much now. There's still a little bit of dialogue I don't love and I don't like Luke's wink or walk after throwing the lightsaber but, these are minor grips in an otherwise great movie. Smile
@BB-Rey

Yeah, I just saw it for a second time too.  I still didn't like the lightsaber toss or the sea monster scene.  It's the prime example of going for dumb laughs (though it definitely is a thing George Lucas did).  And some of Rey's behaviors on Atch-to are weird to me.   Twirling the lightsaber, smiling at the sea monster, getting all excited when Luke tickles her with the leaf...  

On the other hand, I feel much better about the Holdo introduction.  Before, I thought it was inconceivable that Poe wouldn't have met her.  But this time, I caught that the whole command team was blown out of that bridge, and also noticed that Poe was very aware of who she was.

I also noticed (or did I imagine it) that Finn refers to the ground cannon on Crait as 'miniaturized Death Star tech' wheras I thought he called it 'starkiller base tech' the first time around.  

I also think that the cave scene clearly shows that Rey in fact, does not know who her parents are.  She is obviously afraid that her parents sold her off, but when she is in the cave, she says she's calm and unafraid.   She sees cloudy outlines of two people merging into her.  But she doesn't see their faces.  That tells me the information is not in her mind.  I think Kylo reads her fear and thinks it's real because it serves him in that moment to belittle her that way.

Speaking of that, I still can't understand people being mad at Rey for not accepting Kylo's offer.  She wants to stop the attack on the fleeing Resistance vessels and he is totally unsympathetic to it.  He doesn't even offer to stop the attack in exchange for her joining him.  What he says is not "Let's be a team", it's "Please join my agenda".  She's right to refuse him and try to save those people.  
him
Speaking of that, I wonder how she got out of the ship and back to the Falcon.  

Also, did anyone else think that Timiri, aka Broom Boy, looks like a young Ewan McGregor?
@fuhry

I think.....it's not that Rey rejects Kylo that got some people annoyed, but how she did it. Instead of saying 'no' and rushing off to save her friends she went for the lightsabre. So, from his point of view the girl he'd just killed his mentor for now was trying to kill him. This explains his fury post throne room scene. From Kylo's point of view he had offered this girl everything and she tried to kill him, then ran off and left him to die. Like his mother and uncle she put the greater good first. In reality, she probably checked to see if he was alright first, and she wasn't so much concerned about the greater good as her friend Finn, But Kylo was so full of hurt he wasn't thinking straight. I find it interesting that Rey was watching Finn and Rose later....she turned down Kylo for Finn, who already had found someone else. She was alone again.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrStrife Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:19 am

BB-Rey wrote: I think.....it's not that Rey rejects Kylo that got some people annoyed, but how she did it. Instead of saying 'no' and rushing off to save her friends she went for the lightsaber. So, from his point of view the girl he'd just killed his mentor for now was trying to kill him.

I don't know about the whole idea that Kylo thought Rey was going to kill him when she went for her lightsaber. He did have his lightsaber on his belt at this point so its not like he was defenseless. It's more like Rey was going to take her lightsaber and leave and Kylo initiating that tug of war was his forceful attempt to prevent her from leaving. Eliminate the lightsaber from this scene and Rey would have just ran away while Kylo tries to stop her by grabbing her arm.

Considering how desperate he was to convince her to stay with him, this is the more likely scenario in my eyes.

ZephyrStrife
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:23 am

ZephyrStrife wrote:
BB-Rey wrote: I think.....it's not that Rey rejects Kylo that got some people annoyed, but how she did it. Instead of saying 'no' and rushing off to save her friends she went for the lightsaber. So, from his point of view the girl he'd just killed his mentor for now was trying to kill him.

I don't know about the whole idea that Kylo thought Rey was going to kill him when she went for her lightsaber. He did have his lightsaber on his belt at this point so its not like he was defenseless. It's more like Rey was going to take her lightsaber and leave and Kylo initiating that tug of war was his forceful attempt to prevent her from leaving. Eliminate the lightsaber from this scene and Rey would have just ran away while Kylo tries to stop her by grabbing her arm.

Considering how desperate he was to convince her to stay with him, this is the more likely scenario in my eyes.

@ZephyrStrife

@motherofpearl1  Think this is meant for you. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:28 am

Thanks!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:30 am

@motherofpearl1

You're welcome! Just in case you missed it with me accidently being quoted with your insights! Wanted to be sure you saw it. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 17 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm

ZephyrStrife wrote:

I don't know about the whole idea that Kylo thought Rey was going to kill him when she went for her lightsaber. He did have his lightsaber on his belt at this point so its not like he was defenseless.  It's more like Rey was going to take her lightsaber and leave and Kylo initiating that tug of war was his forceful attempt to prevent her from leaving. Eliminate the lightsaber from this scene and Rey would have just ran away while Kylo tries to stop her by grabbing her arm.

@ZephyrStrife

I agree. Kylo/Ben had not turned, and he was unpredictable and potentially dangerous.. While it's heartbreaking to watch it unfold and I feel for Kylo/Ben - I can see Rey could not and should not trust him in that moment.. IMHO.

The fact that she wakes up first and leaves Kylo/Ben alive speaks volumes.

Maybe... I can see in the heat of the moment Kylo/Ben may not have been thinking clearly and he may have perceived Rey's actions as a threat.. I think that is his reflex response.. But.. hopefully he'll figure it out eventually now he doesn't have Snoke in his head!

From the moment he regains consciousness, I don't think all his behaviour is about responding to a perceived rejection/betrayal from Rey - it's a part of it.. but there are many things going on for the character - and that intense deep seated visceral hatred of the resistance is front and centre IMHO!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:51 am

DeeBee wrote:
ZephyrStrife wrote:

I don't know about the whole idea that Kylo thought Rey was going to kill him when she went for her lightsaber. He did have his lightsaber on his belt at this point so its not like he was defenseless.  It's more like Rey was going to take her lightsaber and leave and Kylo initiating that tug of war was his forceful attempt to prevent her from leaving. Eliminate the lightsaber from this scene and Rey would have just ran away while Kylo tries to stop her by grabbing her arm.

@ZephyrStrife

I agree. Kylo/Ben had not turned, and he was unpredictable and potentially dangerous.. While it's heartbreaking to watch it unfold and I feel for Kylo/Ben - I can see Rey could not and should not trust him in that moment.. IMHO.

Maybe... I can see in the heat of the moment Kylo/Ben may not have been thinking clearly and he may have perceived Rey's actions as a threat.. I think that is his reflex response.. But.. hopefully he'll figure it out eventually now he doesn't have Snoke in his head!

From the moment he regains consciousness, I don't think all his behaviour is about responding to a perceived rejection/betrayal from Rey - it's a part of it.. but there are many things going on for the character - and that intense deep seated visceral hatred of the resistance is front and centre IMHO!
@DeeBee

I am not actually sure he had his lightsaber at that point. It was stuck in that one PG. When did he have time to get it? I thought Rey put it on him when he was unconscious.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 18 Jan 2018, 2:10 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
ZephyrStrife wrote:

@ZephyrStrife

@DeeBee

I am not actually sure he had his lightsaber at that point. It was stuck in that one PG. When did he have time to get it? I thought Rey put it on him when he was unconscious.
@SoloSideCousin

yeah, I was wondering about that, too- he didn't have his lightsaber in that moment if I remember correctly... Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 18 Jan 2018, 3:16 am

Night Huntress wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
ZephyrStrife wrote:

@ZephyrStrife

@DeeBee

@SoloSideCousin

yeah, I was wondering about that, too- he didn't have his lightsaber in that moment if I remember correctly... Confus
@Night Huntress

Hi @SoloSideCousin and @Night Huntress
I hope this isn't weird but I'll quote myself here.. lol.. I shared this a bit over a week ago (General discussion thread now in Nima Outpost).. here's my observations on whether he has his light saber:
"last time I went to see the movie - I really wanted to watch for what happened to Ben/Kylo's light saber once Snoke was sliced in two.
I'd like someone to confirm this - but when Ben/Kylo is seen in wide shot approaching snoke, shocked at what's just happened (and Rey has run over to the window), we can see, I think, his light saber on the floor in the middle of the room.
But when it cuts back to him approaching Rey we can see his light saber is now attached to his belt. (and the Anakin saber is in his left hand)
It seemed there was no time he could have picked it up.. but.. I'd like to see if anyone else saw this and am happy to find out I'm mistaken!
I wanted to see if Rey had put it on his belt while unconscious - but no, he had it there before he got knocked out.. "
-I would like someone else to confirm, but I remember clearly seeing his light saber on his right hip as he approached Rey.. so I'm fairly confident Smile
I would also add that even without a light saber, Kylo/Ben is still dangerous. Just ask Hux and his collar haaaa Wink

I see the light saber tug of war as sadly understandable and heartbreaking for both characters.. there were no winners in that scenario sadly..
I can't wait to see these two work it out together Smile

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:53 am

DeeBee wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
ZephyrStrife wrote:

@ZephyrStrife

@DeeBee

@SoloSideCousin

@Night Huntress

I hope this isn't weird but I'll quote myself here.. lol.. I shared this a bit over a week ago (General discussion thread now in Nima Outpost).. here's my observations on whether he has his light saber:
"last time I went to see the movie - I really wanted to watch for what happened to Ben/Kylo's light saber once Snoke was sliced in two.
I'd like someone to confirm this - but when Ben/Kylo is seen in wide shot approaching snoke, shocked at what's just happened (and Rey has run over to the window), we can see, I think, his light saber on the floor in the middle of the room.
But when it cuts back to him approaching Rey we can see his light saber is now attached to his belt. (and the Anakin saber is in his left hand)
It seemed there was no time he could have picked it up.. but.. I'd like to see if anyone else saw this and am happy to find out I'm mistaken!
I wanted to see if Rey had put it on his belt while unconscious - but no, he had it there before he got knocked out.. "
-I would like someone else to confirm, but I remember clearly seeing his light saber on his right hip as he approached Rey.. so I'm fairly confident Smile
I would also add that even without a light saber, Kylo/Ben is still dangerous. Just ask Hux and his collar haaaa Wink

I see the light saber tug of war as sadly understandable and heartbreaking for both characters.. there were no winners in that scenario sadly..

@DeeBee

It was a powerful scene....and I honestly could see both their points of view. Kylo was terribly disillusioned; maybe all his life he'd been fighting the dark (Snoke) only to be betrayed by the light (Luke). Rey meanwhile had friends in the Resistance. She of course didn't want her friends to die. But I felt so sorry for Kylo when he realised Rey had gone. He must have been terribly hurt. Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:11 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:I'm down to 1/10 now, and that one point goes to the Reylo scenes. I can't help but think of all the emotional and storytelling potential lost in TLJ (and it's a LOT, and therefore also lost for IX - the second movie of the trilogy has to take up momentum for a great story arc, not the final one IMHO). My resurrected enthusiasm for Star Wars from 2015 has been completely extinguished, I'm slightly depressed thinking of Carrie's final performance on screen being wasted like this, and I can't help but wonder if Trevorrow and Co. weren't fired for "creative differences", but because they saw TLJ's script and dared to criticize it.

In 2019 I'll definitely wait for spoilers before I go see it in theaters (unless it ends real bad, in that case I won't even bother).
@Rimfaxe96
I think like You.
I will not go to see the film if it ends badly.

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:25 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
ZephyrStrife wrote:

@ZephyrStrife

@DeeBee

@SoloSideCousin

@Night Huntress

@DeeBee

It was a powerful scene....and I honestly could see both their points of view. Kylo was terribly disillusioned; maybe all his life he'd been fighting the dark (Snoke) only to be betrayed by the light (Luke). Rey meanwhile had friends in the Resistance. She of course didn't want her friends to die. But I felt so sorry for Kylo when he realised Rey had gone. He must have been terribly hurt. Sad
@motherofpearl1

I also felt very sorry for Kylo / Ben. He destroyed everything he believed in for Rey. In my opinion he did not want the sword, he wanted her to stay.
... thinking about it.
TFA - When you touch the sword for the first time they are seen. He knows she has woken up. (The force? The girl? The sword? his part of light?)
TFA - He looks for the girl to take the map and the sword. instead he takas the girl with the sword.
TFA - Anakin's sword goes to her instead of him.
TFA - He takes blue sword in his face.
TLJ. He kills snokes with the blue sword
TLJ - When they fight in the throne room they are in perfect harmony. Swords are exchanged.
TLJ. He asks her to stay with him. She does not understand and wants to leave him. Is the sword undecided? Bursts. Like their relationship.
IX - Rey fix the blue sword. I think the Blue sword represents together "strength" and "their love".
Has anyone else noticed in TLJ?
(please sorry my english ....)
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:41 am

I always found it a bit strange that Anakin's blue lightsaber represents "light side" or everything "good" in the new canon...considering Anakin slaughtered a lot of people (even children) with so called "legacy lightsaber" Confus

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 C052bd075de2dcdf70176b7aa19cc137

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 QT4PGUj

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Giphy

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Tumblr_oumyes4Htl1qhcdpbo2_400
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:12 pm

I have to say, every time in ROTS when he kills the kids. It really disturbs me.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:22 pm

Night Huntress wrote:I always found it a bit strange that Anakin's blue lightsaber represents "light side" or everything "good" in the new canon...considering Anakin slaughtered a lot of people (even children) with so called "legacy lightsaber" Confus

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 C052bd075de2dcdf70176b7aa19cc137

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 QT4PGUj

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Giphy

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 13 Tumblr_oumyes4Htl1qhcdpbo2_400
@Night Huntress

Tuskens' slaughter doesn't count. It was different lightsaber back then. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:52 pm

@Geralt_Riv

Yeah, you right- he destroyed that one in the droid-making-machine-thing at Geonosis, if I remember correctly?
I don't remember so much from the prequels...maybe because I try to forget they exist most of the time Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Thu 18 Jan 2018, 4:22 pm

Night Huntress wrote:@Geralt_Riv

Yeah, you right- he destroyed that one in the droid-making-machine-thing at Geonosis, if I remember correctly?
I don't remember so much from the prequels...maybe because I try to forget they exist most of the time Laughing
@Night Huntress

I'm a bit like you, I saw them once to get an overall idea, but that was enough for me. Unfortunately when ones start quoting from it, I struggle to remember anything. I can't even remember why I didn't like them it's been so long ago now.
I didn't have high expectations for TFA, and came out loving it, I love TLJ even more.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 19 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

The prequels were okay, I actually liked Hayden, the script let him down most of the time, but he was good in RoTS - i remember my brother saying how he found it sickening that Obi Wan didn't just put him out of his misery instead of leaving him to suffer because it was the Jedi way. That was when I actually started to realise the Jedi were not the saints they claimed to be. TFA and TLJ are different animals....they truly make you think. Which is why at least now TLJ is the greatest SW film I've seen.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 19 Jan 2018, 1:12 am

@Let The Past Die @motherofpearl1

I saw the prequels around x-mas - after a long time and I cringed many times to be honest. Dunno

I don't hate it or anything it just don't effect me on the emotional level. I mean it's a tragedy- this young hero falling to the dark side betraying everything he believed in, slaughtering children, choking his pregnant wife and burning alive at the end...and I'm totally indifferent.

TLJ was the opposite for me. I cared and felt for the characters very deeply.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13