Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

+44
Dar-ren19
Xylo Ren
giaciak2
Starliteprism
tukicarreno
naberrie93
MeadowofAshes
MrsWindu
FrolickingFizzgig
Socialnole
cherrylipstick
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
ZioRen
Kessel
Kylo Men
DeeBee
nickandnora
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
bashfulblueeyes3
Blood Moon
GreyRey
twilekempire
MyOnlyHope
PalmettoBlue
californiagirl
Moonlight13
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Ynqve
snufkin
Saracene
rey09
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
thescavenger
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SkyStar
rawpowah
Moonjump05
IoJovi
Let The Past Die
48 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 5 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 9:27 am

snufkin wrote:@twilekempire - it even makes psychological sense because if you look at the OT, the moment Leia grabs Luke's blaster and shoots the hole into the garbage chute is likely what sparked Han's interest/attraction to her. All this talk about Freud, kid likely picked up on that particular dynamic between his parents. And like mommy, Rey is a take charge brunette

@snufkin

One of my favorite exchanges in all of Star Wars.  I love also how Han looks at Luke like "Do you believe this??" and Luke just shrugs like, "What can I do about it?"

Back to top Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 5 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Jan 2018, 11:16 am

@Sacrebleu The Washington Post's obituary for Carrie Fisher mentioned that moment with her response "It's a wonder you're still alive" by comparing her to Barbara Stanwyck - praise doesn't get better than that.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 14 Jan 2018, 1:54 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Yes, there will be a kiss. I'm hoping for just one. As others have already said they aren't going to be able to match the "hand" touching scene for me anyway because that's my brand of romance, but kisses can be like sugar in coffee. The right amount is perfect but the more you add the sweeter and less palatable it gets. It can work with romances like Han and Leia in Empire, but look at Jedi by comparison. A lot of their chemistry had fizzled out and while they're still entertaining characters, the focus had to shift from their romance to other sources of drama on Endor (including Han thinking Luke was still into his sister, lol! Anyway, Rey and Kylo certainly aren't that and any kiss that does occur will have to be epic on all accounts. You don't want to dilute the impact with too many. It'll be a take-your-breath-away moment on the "epic" scale that will go down in SW history.

Anybody who's been here over year probably knows that I was vehemently against a kiss in VIII. Like, maybe more against it than anybody else here. In a story you have to build up to something like that, and the timing of a kiss can decide a lot because kisses often represent relationship climaxes in children's stories. Once you achieve that milestone there's nowhere to go, really, so the fact that there is no kiss (or anything beyond the subtlest brushing of fingers through the Force) is an incredibly positive sign for the future. Unfinished business and all that. It's what keeps you hooked, in a way.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm placing bets that their kiss will literally stop time.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sun 14 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

Something like this would work (with intense/epic theme included, and tears of course):

Sad Sad Sad
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

...I hope it's such a sweeping kiss that I'll get up in the cinema chair spinning my lightsaber Twisted Evil
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:06 am

Oh they're gonna kiss alright. And Rey will be the one to initiate it.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:20 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Oh they're gonna kiss alright. And Rey will be the one to initiate it.
@Xylo Ren

I feel like this is guaranteed. It fits with how Rey was the one pursuing Kylo during TLJ and more importantly, there will probably be a massive outrage if Kylo is the one to intitiate it. Antis will be like "he was forcing himself on her" and some other crap. I mean I've seen some of them say that Kylo refusing to put his shirt on in the shirtless scene was equivalent to assault.  Rolling Eyes   Their stupidity knows no bounds.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:34 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Oh they're gonna kiss alright. And Rey will be the one to initiate it.
@Xylo Ren

I feel like this is guaranteed. It fits with how Rey was the one pursuing Kylo during TLJ and more importantly, there will probably be a massive outrage if Kylo is the one to intitiate it. Antis will be like "he was forcing himself on her" and some other crap. I mean I've seen some of them say that Kylo refusing to put his shirt on in the shirtless scene was equivalent to assault.  Rolling Eyes   Their stupidity knows no bounds.
@Kylo Rey

considering all the real harassment women had (and still has) to endure all over the world - it's so hypocrite how they scream abuse about a fictional relationship who was never abusive in the first place. It's disrespectful to all women who were really abused. Sorry for the OT but this makes me SO angry! It's so bad we want the female character to initiate the kiss because otherwise the bad male villain is forcing himself on her? Did Han forced himself on Leia? Evil or Very Mad

and regarding the shirtless scene- by the force!!! How do women survive a day on the beach! We get assaulted by hundreds of shirtless guys! affraid Rolling Eyes

I want Rey to initiate the kiss because I want Kylo to feel wanted... and we have switched gender roles here after all. Kylo is the princess and Rey needs to kiss him to wake him up from the darkness Cheek kiss
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

Rey is a thirsty girl. I'm sure she'll come through! Smile

Make it happen, JJ!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 1:24 pm

@Night Huntress
considering all the real harassment women had (and still has) to endure all over the world - it's so hypocrite how they scream abuse about a fictional relationship who was never abusive in the first place. It's disrespectful to all women who were really abused. Sorry for the OT but this makes me SO angry! It's so bad we want the female character to initiate the kiss because otherwise the bad male villain is forcing himself on her? Did Han forced himself on Leia? Evil or Very Mad

THIS!
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:35 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
@Xylo Ren

@Kylo Rey

Rey's definitely going to do it. Like you said, she initiated all the conversations and physical touches between them in TLJ. Kylo will never feel good enough for her and he'll be too afraid of rejection. It'll save her agency and his, while being powerful because it's of her own accord.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:
@Xylo Ren

@Kylo Rey

Rey's definitely going to do it. Like you said, she initiated all the conversations and physical touches between them in TLJ. Kylo will never feel good enough for her and he'll be too afraid of rejection. It'll save her agency and his, while being powerful because it's of her own accord.
@Xylo Ren

First kiss will totally be initiated by Rey. She came across, by far, as the more sexually aggressive of the two of them. Like, when it comes time for these two to give up their v-cards, Rey is probably going to just climb on top, even though neither of them have ever done "it" before.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm

agreed. besides, with all the screaming about how he's the aggressor in the anti-reylo community already, they're going to have to make sure she inititates any physical contact between them (as they did with the hand-touching).
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:49 am

of course there will be a kiss  Razz
every Skywalker / Solo has received a kiss and it's more than fair that kylo/Ben has his kiss too
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:10 am

Teo oswald wrote:of course there will be a kiss  Razz
every Skywalker / Solo has received a kiss and it's more than fair that kylo/Ben has his kiss too
@Teo oswald
I love your logic! Very Happy
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:54 am

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:54 pm

Maybe an epic kiss with destruction around?

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 5 Pompeii
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 3:11 pm

I can't remember if someone already said this but I think a kiss at dawn would be awesome (similar to this scene in Pride and Prejudice).

It would be very symbolic if @Star Wars Connection's theory about the sun representing Ben (sun=son) is true. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen Tue 16 Jan 2018, 4:27 pm

It is mandatory that they give us at least one kiss, please ...
Kissing while everything around falls to pieces, kind to the throne scene, it can be so epic. One with the sunrise in the background can be so romantic. They can show all kinds of kisses from every possible angle, I will not complain. Twisted Evil
My bet is that Rey starts it.
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 5:57 pm

My headcanon is a Kiss in the Rain. But they should have at least two epic kisses in IX.
I love all the other ideas too!!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 16 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:
@Xylo Ren

@Kylo Rey

@Xylo Ren

First kiss will totally be initiated by Rey. She came across, by far, as the more sexually aggressive of the two of them. Like, when it comes time for these two to give up their v-cards, Rey is probably going to just climb on top, even though neither of them have ever done "it" before.
@ISeeAnIsland

Just such a scenario played out in this fan fic!

Sealed To Me

they seal the deal in chapter...:

[not one for the kiddies obviously Wink ]
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 16 Jan 2018, 8:35 pm

@Teo oswald

This is so true! They can’t break the trend now, he’s the last one left!

lauvamp wrote:Maybe an epic kiss with destruction around?

@lauvamp

Omg, yes! This pic even kind of looks like them!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:40 pm

Kessel wrote:
@Teo oswald

This is so true! They can’t break the trend now, he’s the last one left!

lauvamp wrote:Maybe an epic kiss with destruction around?

@lauvamp

Omg, yes! This pic even kind of looks like them!
@Kessel

Isn’t that Kit Harrington in the Last Days of Pompeii?

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Wed 17 Jan 2018, 4:31 am

@IoJovi Exactly! I liked this moment but the movie....not very good in my opinion.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:17 am

thought I'd share this here.. it has a combination of what a few of us were after..

Rey being the initiator.. and falling rain Smile

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 5 8d21e625fc1a26e8762cd015563c099c
Artist: nemling.tumblr.com

Last edited by Irina de France on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added artist's name)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next