Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

+44
Dar-ren19
Xylo Ren
giaciak2
Starliteprism
tukicarreno
naberrie93
MeadowofAshes
MrsWindu
FrolickingFizzgig
Socialnole
cherrylipstick
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
ZioRen
Kessel
Kylo Men
DeeBee
nickandnora
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
bashfulblueeyes3
Blood Moon
GreyRey
twilekempire
MyOnlyHope
PalmettoBlue
californiagirl
Moonlight13
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Ynqve
snufkin
Saracene
rey09
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
thescavenger
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SkyStar
rawpowah
Moonjump05
IoJovi
Let The Past Die
48 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by vaderito Fri 12 Jan 2018, 2:55 pm

thescavenger wrote:I have a very selfish reason for wanting a kiss, which is just to prove to those who deny that the relationship is romantic.
@thescavenger

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 NhSz2Bx
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by thescavenger Fri 12 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

vaderito wrote:
thescavenger wrote:I have a very selfish reason for wanting a kiss, which is just to prove to those who deny that the relationship is romantic.
@thescavenger

@vaderito

I know, I know..

I swear someone will be like: "They kissed, that confirms that they're related!"
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:02 pm

Adam used a lot of tongue on Girls. My favorite kiss in that show was when he kissed Jessa for the first time (season 5, episode 1). She didn't expect it. His elevator eyes right before he does it are beautiful. And then he is so adorably awkward afterwards.

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:02 pm

@vaderito

ROFL! That kiss was to annoy Han and even if you wouldn't know Luke & Leia are related it's not sensual or sexy or anything...AND they haven't decided at that point that they are related- so it doesn't count. It's Star Wars not Game of Thrones Laughing Laughing Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:03 pm

thescavenger wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@thescavenger

@vaderito

I know, I know..

I swear someone will be like: "They kissed, that confirms that they're related!"
@thescavenger

lol!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:08 pm

@SheLitAFire I also liked that kiss, that is when I started shipping them  I love you

I also like this one because he smiles:
To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 1480a4e2f6813a08378975393267
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:13 pm

Cheek kiss Cheek kiss Cheek kiss

KISS - but not on the cheek!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm

SkyStar wrote:@SheLitAFire I also liked that kiss, that is when I started shipping them  I love you

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 1480a4e2f6813a08378975393267

@SkyStar

Now that would be something, seeing Kylo actually smile and kiss, I might possibly fall off my chair in the cinema if that happened. lol! lol! lol!

Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:19 pm

I want them to kiss. Actually, I'm with Rian on the "making out" spin-off. Ninja lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

@SheLitAFire

I watched this episode (specially THAT moment) 1xxx times! Embarassed
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:21 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:
SkyStar wrote:@SheLitAFire I also liked that kiss, that is when I started shipping them  I love you

@SkyStar

Now that would be something, seeing Kylo actually smile and kiss, I might possibly fall off my chair in the cinema if that happened. lol! lol! lol!

@Let The Past Die

Yes! Now to think I want angsty kiss and the smile kiss could be at the end haha
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:28 pm

SkyStar wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@SkyStar

@Let The Past Die

Yes! Now to think I want angsty kiss and the smile kiss could be at the end haha
@SkyStar

Oh good grief am I so weak willed, could I really be so easily persuaded to the Kiss camp especially as I like @SkyStar describes it.
Perhaps I need a little more evidence, all in the name of research you understand. lol!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:30 pm

It's a fairy tale and a Disney movie to boot, we're getting at least one kiss. They've been toying with the gender dynamics a bit, so I think Rey will initiate it, which I'm perfectly fine with. She initiated the hand-holding too Wink Otherwise people will run around going on about how he seduced her or that it isn't mutual or he's forcing himself on her or whatever. Rey's had an amazing amount of agency for a female in a movie, let alone a blockbuster and with a romantic angle too. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:31 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@SkyStar

@Let The Past Die

@SkyStar

Oh good grief am I so weak willed, could I really be so easily persuaded to the Kiss camp especially as I like @SkyStar describes it.
Perhaps I need a little more evidence, all in the name of research you understand. lol!
@Let The Past Die

Oh, I want a tempestuous, moody kiss. At least on his part.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:31 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Let The Past Die wrote:

@SkyStar

@Let The Past Die

@SkyStar

@Let The Past Die

In evidence strong we are Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:36 pm

Maybe something like that but in a dramatic context (not smiling, maybe crying) AND "I'll come back for you sweetheart, I promise"

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 F193fc853bcfff600317f9e768614a5d
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:38 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:I want them to kiss. Actually, I'm with Rian on the "making out" spin-off. Ninja lol!
@Moonlight13

^^^ This. Except, I really want that spin-off.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:38 pm

I love this thread! Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

What if Rey takes the initiative (again)?

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 2 Adam-kiss
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:51 pm

Ha of course there's gonna be a kiss. Two SW films lacking happy endings are leading up to the HUGE FAIRY TALE HAPPY ENDING to put all other happy endings to shame, at least IMO.

Rey and Kylo's initial meeting, conflict, bonding, and overall gradual development has all been a serious, intense build up ending in constant separation. I think one of the aspects of Reylo that really draws people in is the sort of "unresolved, unfinished, frustrating" feeling it leaves you with. Well TLJ took that to a whole new level. Rey and Kylo's first kiss is not going to be just some throwaway thing. It's going to be climactic af, meaningful to the narrative, and occur toward the end of IX. This climactic first kiss is the one that has to occur before any other for maximum effect with two movies worth of tension being released in one definitive moment, though we may get other, not so epic, post victory kisses as a part of the happy ending.

As others have said, kiss of life is huge possibility and something J.J. "SW is a fairy tale" Abrams would pull off magnificently. I go back and forth between Rey and Kylo being the recipient/deliverer. J.J. would probably want to subvert the classic trope, so Rey reviving Ben after he metaphorically claws his way out of the darkness and "sacrifices himself" for her and her friends in some way is definitely more of a modern take on the age old trope. I can picture J.J. delivering the lens flare tm to end all lens flares in the form capturing Ben's revival from his perspective, "seeing the light" in the dark and then that light fading to reveal his Rey of light. Symbolism built up over three movies made literal right there.

A variation on a sort of "reward" kiss is another fairy tale inspired possibility. I.E. Rey gently and genuinely kisses Kylo after he's given up all hope of her ever trusting him. He would have to do something truly selfless, such as saving Rey's friends, in order to earn that kind of trust. I'm picturing something like when Buffy surprises Spike with a kiss he never expected after he protects her younger sister from that season's big bad.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

Ynqve wrote:
Saracene wrote:I'm fine without a kiss, but I do think there will be one. Kiss of Life, We Survived kiss, We're About to Die kiss - one of those Smile If it happens I'd like Rey to initiate it.
@Saracene

Me too, it needs to be made clear that she really wants him or there's going to be a bunch of antis screaming about how he's forcing himself on her.
@Ynqve

It's also just really fun how, in TLJ, she is the one who gets to pursue him. He's clearly thirsty af for her, there's no doubt about it, Drivers' acting makes that quite clear, but they're not playing a typical thing where the guy is the active one. Rey gets to be the aggressor, reaching out, stepping into his space, chasing him down in the underworld and trying to drag his butt out of there lol. From the way she enjoys doing it and the way he enjoys being on the receiving end*, it's clearly a dynamic that works for both of them.

*It makes so much sense too, that he'd enjoy her being the aggressor. For the first time in his life, apart from Snoke (gag), he feels truly wanted.
twilekempire
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyRey Fri 12 Jan 2018, 4:00 pm

Star Wars is more of a fairytale than sci fi, so, yeah, I think we're gonna get a kiss. All the years and two movies have been building to a Reylo kiss. Whoever writes the stories will take the kiss seriously. Maybe we might even get a Kylo/Ben and Rey theme out of it.
GreyRey
GreyRey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 12 Jan 2018, 4:07 pm

GreyRey wrote:Star Wars is more of a fairytale than sci fi, so, yeah, I think we're gonna get a kiss. All the years and two movies have been building to a Reylo kiss. Whoever writes the stories will take the kiss seriously. Maybe we might even get a Kylo/Ben and Rey theme out of it.
@GreyRey
IMO the Reylo theme has been written for years. It's probably some beautiful, angsty yet hopeful piece that somehow melds and completes both of their themes, and it is currently locked up in a safe somewhere. Laughing
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 12 Jan 2018, 4:13 pm

californiagirl wrote:It's a fairy tale and a Disney movie to boot, we're getting at least one kiss. They've been toying with the gender dynamics a bit, so I think Rey will initiate it, which I'm perfectly fine with. She initiated the hand-holding too ;) Otherwise people will run around going on about how he seduced her or that it isn't mutual or he's forcing himself on her or whatever. Rey's had an amazing amount of agency for a female in a movie, let alone a blockbuster and with a romantic angle too. :)

@californiagirl

That is an excellent point, especially because we know Carrie Fisher worked with Rian Johnson on the screenplay and was famous for advice like "make the women smarter and the love scenes better." Which I'd argue isn't a coincidence with what we saw here - CF went through the entire experience of how actresses and female characters are typically under served by standard Hollywood films. So everything we see, the ridiculous over-the-top sexual imagery we've been giggling over, the sensuality/sensitivity of how they relate to one another, and how Rey holds her own and initiates most of what happens, was probably influenced by her thoughts on the matter.

RE: the Empire Strikes Back kiss. Now that they've started opening up and mentioned that the "thing" Rian saw in TFA when he was hired which made him want to focus on their relationship was Kasdan's idea - boy wouldn't you love to hear his thoughts on Lucas coming back to him and saying "guess what, we're going to have Leia be Luke's long-lost twin sister." "But you had me make them kiss at the start of the previous movie?!"

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 12 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

@twilekempire - it even makes psychological sense because if you look at the OT, the moment Leia grabs Luke's blaster and shoots the hole into the garbage chute is likely what sparked Han's interest/attraction to her. All this talk about Freud, kid likely picked up on that particular dynamic between his parents. And like mommy, Rey is a take charge brunette

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next