Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

+26
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Starliteprism
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
Riri
Armadeus
AceofWands
LadyGaufrette
Kyla Ren
KiraRen2015
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
special_cases
californiagirl
vaderito
Man Without A Star
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
unicorn
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
30 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) Empty Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Moonlight13 Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:23 am

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) Star-wars-resistance-tall
StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut?cmp=smc%7C1496800781
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Night Huntress Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:01 am

@Moonlight13 ah it's set before TFA- that's what I thought

Sounds really cool. I wasn't into Rebels because somehow that time period and those characters never interested me.
But this one I'll watch Thumbs up Pop corn
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by unicorn Thu 26 Apr 2018, 12:13 pm

Me, too. It sounds interesting.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 26 Apr 2018, 2:48 pm

It sounds interesting!
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 26 Apr 2018, 2:51 pm

So this after bloodlines and right before TFA?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 26 Apr 2018, 2:58 pm

Birdwoman wrote:So this after bloodlines and right before TFA?
@Birdwoman

That seems to be what's being implied, given that Leia establishes the Resistance in Bloodline, but the series is set before TFA.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 26 Apr 2018, 3:05 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:So this after bloodlines and right before TFA?
@Birdwoman

That seems to be what's being implied, given that Leia establishes the Resistance in Bloodline, but the series is set before TFA.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right. At the end of Bloodline we don't know much about of FO. And since Phasma is announced to be in the show it seems it will be more close to TFA timeline than Bloodline itself.
Probably just before Poe comics timeline.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 26 Apr 2018, 4:11 pm

Great! Sounds like a good series! However, I should not have read the comments under the Star Wars twitter announcement of it. Rolling Eyes

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 26 Apr 2018, 6:14 pm

I wonder if we will meet Cardinal. But either way, his presence or absence might help us nail down the timeline a bit better.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 27 Apr 2018, 2:38 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:I wonder if we will meet Cardinal. But either way, his presence or absence might help us nail down the timeline a bit better.
@PalmettoBlue

Bring in Vi Moradi as well Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 27 Apr 2018, 12:33 pm

this is very disappointing cause they are obviously setting up that spy to be the one that sent Leia the datacard with the attack warning in TFA, that many of us hoped was Ben. Unlike Marvel, new SW lost all sense of emotional resonance.

Also, of all things to explore in SW, they are exploring Resistance and Phasma? I can't.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:09 pm

vaderito wrote:this is very disappointing cause they are obviously setting up that spy to be the one that sent Leia the datacard with the attack warning in TFA, that many of us hoped was Ben.
@vaderito

source? I mean I wasn't attached to my theory that it was Ben, so it doesn't bother me that much (wasn't that theory debunked by official sources? Can't remember)- but I'm curious where did you read/heard that?

They can't explore Luke & Ben's backstory for example -I'm sure we'll getting that after IX. Disney knows that fans & GA will love that.
But Resistance is during the ST timeline so we will probably learn a few details and snippets that's much more interesting (for me at least).

Do anyone know if it will be available in Europe and on what kind of media / streaming service?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:13 pm

vaderito wrote:this is very disappointing cause they are obviously setting up that spy to be the one that sent Leia the datacard with the attack warning in TFA, that many of us hoped was Ben. Unlike Marvel, new SW lost all sense of emotional resonance.

Also, of all things to explore in SW, they are exploring Resistance and Phasma? I can't.
@vaderito

With television, SW tends to go a bit safer, since they are cartoon shows geared more towards kids and less towards the four quadrant audience of the films. I'm not surprised they are doing a Resistance show. Their last cartoons were about the Clone Wars and the Rebellion. It makes for lots of conflict and potentially in-world years of storytelling. It makes sense for the younger audience. Older fans get books and comics to explore more interesting things. And the more interesting bits of TCW, well, that was pre-Disney.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 29 Apr 2018, 4:52 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
vaderito wrote:this is very disappointing cause they are obviously setting up that spy to be the one that sent Leia the datacard with the attack warning in TFA, that many of us hoped was Ben.
@vaderito

source? I mean I wasn't attached to my theory that it was Ben, so it doesn't bother me that much (wasn't that theory debunked by official sources? Can't remember)- but I'm curious where did you read/heard that?

They can't explore Luke & Ben's backstory for example -I'm sure we'll getting that after IX. Disney knows that fans & GA will love that.
But Resistance is during the ST timeline so we will probably learn a few details and snippets that's much more interesting (for me at least).

Do anyone know if it will be available in Europe and on what kind of media / streaming service?
@Night Huntress

Interesting news!
Three quick thoughts:
1- I wonder if Kazuda Xiono is still spying on the first order as we enter IX? It's possible. Deep cover. He could be an ally for a turned Ben Solo.
2- Snoke is around during this time - We might learn more about Snoke!
3- How the heck am I going to watch it?!
Sorry Night Huntress I'm in Australia so no help with European access. Fingers crossed there will be a way revealed eventually!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 29 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm

vaderito wrote:this is very disappointing cause they are obviously setting up that spy to be the one that sent Leia the datacard with the attack warning in TFA, that many of us hoped was Ben. Unlike Marvel, new SW lost all sense of emotional resonance.

@vaderito

That was exactly my first thought - this dude was that spy.

What can I say? I'm dissapointed that this is Filoni. But happy that there are more SW content.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 30 Apr 2018, 7:40 pm

DeeBee wrote:
...1- I wonder if Kazuda Xiono is still spying on the first order as we enter IX? It's possible. Deep cover. He could be an ally for a turned Ben Solo.

I just realised - the language of the release doesn't give any clue about the gender of Kazuda Xiono and I've assumed this characters is a male.
Kazuda Xiono could be male, female or other! Very Happy
Or, do we know if one of the listed voice actors is playing Kazuda Xiono?

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 01 May 2018, 4:48 am

DeeBee wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
...1- I wonder if Kazuda Xiono is still spying on the first order as we enter IX? It's possible. Deep cover. He could be an ally for a turned Ben Solo.

I just realised - the language of the release doesn't give any clue about the gender of Kazuda Xiono and I've assumed this characters is a male.
Kazuda Xiono could be male, female or other! Very Happy
Or, do we know if one of the listed voice actors is playing Kazuda Xiono?

@DeeBee

EW speculated that Kazuda might be played by Christopher Sean, who is himself half Japanese.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 01 May 2018, 3:09 pm

What? Bing Lee's gonna be in space?!

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 05 Jul 2018, 2:18 pm

Really excited about this - first pictures of resistance characters ! Smile
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) 20fcf510

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8wd0yx/first_picture_of_the_star_wars_resistance/?st=JJ8XNDNG&sh=04cf8f59

Poe,phasma and cardinal it looks like ( from phasma novel!)and the lead looks a bit like Ezra from Rebels ( though it’s not him )
Am looking forward to this.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 06 Jul 2018, 5:08 am

@AhsokaTano - whoa. thanks for sharing AhsokaTano - great find!!!
I'm going to have to read these phasma novels now huh?!

Is it just me or is does the central male character on the resistance side look a bit like Shiro from Voltron?!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 06 Jul 2018, 2:14 pm

Please let that red stormtrooper be the Cardinal!!
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Fri 06 Jul 2018, 7:13 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:Please let that red stormtrooper be the Cardinal!!
@Man Without A Star

Agreed! He was such a tragic character in the Phasma book! I wonder if that character next to the green alien character is a younger Vi? That would make for some awesome connection between media!
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 10 Jul 2018, 1:12 am

DeeBee wrote:@AhsokaTano - whoa. thanks for sharing AhsokaTano  - great find!!!
I'm going to have to read these phasma novels now huh?!

Is it just me or is does the central male character on the resistance side look a bit like Shiro from Voltron?!
@DeeBee

LOL! You're right, he does look a bit like Shiro...with a touch of Ezra. I read somewhere that he’s the new lead character, Kazuda Xiono.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 26 Jul 2018, 4:17 pm

New info on Star Wars Resistance :
"Star Wars Resitance" debuts October 13th in Germany, will have 22 episodes
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/925aok/star_wars_resitance_debuts_october_13th_in/?st=JK31TRAR&sh=0cbed11d
Interesting so Poe is sending the lead character out to spy on the first order ???!! I wonder if part of the spying will include Kylo?? I can’t help but view this as foreshadowing and wonder whether Rey will be encouraged to go and spy too in episode 9 given her “ connection “ with the supreme leader . ( forgive me am finishing a fan fiction with this scenario at the moment so it’s on my mind ).
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Thu 26 Jul 2018, 5:48 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:New info on Star Wars Resistance :
"Star Wars Resitance" debuts October 13th in Germany, will have 22 episodes
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/925aok/star_wars_resitance_debuts_october_13th_in/?st=JK31TRAR&sh=0cbed11d
Interesting so Poe is sending the lead character out to spy on the first order ???!! I wonder if part of the spying will include Kylo?? I can’t help but view this as foreshadowing and wonder whether Rey will be encouraged to go and spy too in episode 9 given her “ connection “ with the supreme leader . ( forgive me am finishing  a fan fiction with  this scenario at the moment so it’s on my mind ).
@AhsokaTano

Thanks for posting that link.  It sounds interesting.  What is the name of the fan fiction you're reading?  That sounds interesting, too. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next