Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

+26
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Starliteprism
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
Riri
Armadeus
AceofWands
LadyGaufrette
Kyla Ren
KiraRen2015
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
special_cases
californiagirl
vaderito
Man Without A Star
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
unicorn
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
30 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:04 am

@kyla Ren
It’s probably one you’ve read already tactical surrender by destinies on archive of our own . Yeah I know am behind in reading but am reading complete fictions now as I get confused leaving something halfway and going back to it though I have all the fictions recommended and bookmarked as recommended on reylo Fan fiction part of this forum . The idea just reminds me of that .
https://archiveofourown.org/works/13183992/chapters/30156201

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by DeeBee Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:36 am

AhsokaTano wrote:New info on Star Wars Resistance :
"Star Wars Resitance" debuts October 13th in Germany, will have 22 episodes
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/925aok/star_wars_resitance_debuts_october_13th_in/?st=JK31TRAR&sh=0cbed11d
Interesting so Poe is sending the lead character out to spy on the first order ???!! I wonder if part of the spying will include Kylo?? I can’t help but view this as foreshadowing and wonder whether Rey will be encouraged to go and spy too in episode 9 given her “ connection “ with the supreme leader . ( forgive me am finishing  a fan fiction with  this scenario at the moment so it’s on my mind ).
@AhsokaTano

So glad you shared this AhsokaTano! I guess we'll see - I kind of hope Poe is not a major character in Resistance..
Resistance has been in the back of my mind.. I think I need to read the early Poe comics. I've neglected them so far because I can only take Poe in small doses lol.

We learned one new thing since this tv show was announced in April... In the Poe Dameron Comic #27 (released in May) we saw this:
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 Resist10

Seems to me this is telling us that the resistance had tussles with the FO before, but they had not fought them out in the open.. which means that we won't be seeing any big or open battles in Resistance. I think this suggests it's going to be lots of covert stuff -spying, but also action that is less confrontational maybe.. does that make sense?  
I'm thinking resistance may be the story of the creation of the Resistance movement.. When it was secret, and the New Republic was getting organised and de-militarizing. It could be the resistance working in the shadows - hiding from both the FO and the New Republic. That could be super interesting!

I'm currently in the middle of the second Aftermath book, so maybe this plays out more later in this trilogy - but it's interesting that Ackbar is on the side of the resistance, and he didn't side with the new republic. [maybe it's just me but Mon Mothma sounds way too condescending and stuck up for me to like her haaaa!] sunny

edited to add: I just noticed that the resistance has been described at starwars.com as being founded to 'monitor the actions of the first order' - hmm so infiltrating, spying and surveillance are likely! and all on a tight budget from the sounds of the databank entry:
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 The_re10
okay my SW fun time is used up! LOL. Byeeeee!

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added additional comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 27 Jul 2018, 5:55 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@kyla Ren
It’s probably one you’ve read already tactical surrender by destinies on archive of our own  . Yeah I know am behind in reading but  am reading  complete fictions now as I get confused leaving something halfway and going back to it though I have all the fictions recommended and bookmarked as recommended on reylo Fan fiction part of this forum . The idea just reminds me of that .
https://archiveofourown.org/works/13183992/chapters/30156201

@AhsokaTano

Thanks for the link. Smile  Actually, I haven't read that one yet, but it looks good. Smile  I'm way behind on fan fic, too, partly because I've been busy, but also I tend to like to wait and read long fics when they are finally complete.  I know what you mean about getting confused when leaving something after only reading part of it, especially if it's a fic that isn't updated that often.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 28 Jul 2018, 5:27 pm

News soon? Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 01 Aug 2018, 4:27 am

@Man Without A Star
We have news! bounce

http://www.ppi.co.jp/news_release/ppipr20180801/

"Polygon Pictures will be producing animation for Star Wars Resistance, the newest Star Wars animated series. It previously produced animation for the 3D CG series Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

I am really happy to see the same studio than for the TCW. I know that with the 2D/3D thing it will not be the same, but I suppose there still will be some simililarity with TCW. (I liked Rebels, but sometimes the design was strange)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 01 Aug 2018, 5:12 am

Whoo hooo! it's really happening!
The synopsis for the first episode has been published..
Berwick, 2018 @ tvweb.com wrote:
"Resistance fighter Poe Dameron tasks young pilot Kazuda (Kaz) Xiono with spying on the First Order. At the time, little was known about the secretive organization and its strength. In order to fulfill his mission, Kaz travels to the space station Colossus, which is being used by many ships as a port to refuel and do repairs. However, there are also dangerous races taking place there. After Kaz bragged with his piloting skills at his arrival there, he is soon drawn into one of the races..."
source: https://tvweb.com/star-wars-resistance-episode-1-synopsis-kazuda-kaz-xiono/
This image accompanied the story:
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 Star-Wars-Resistance-Episode-1-Synopsis-Kazuda-Kaz
Is this an official image?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 01 Aug 2018, 5:43 am

The space station Colossus make me think of the Wheel from the "Adventures of the Freemakers". A great serie, it's Lego but it has really good stories, characters, planets. It has also a lot of references to the prequels (even a droid B1 as a main character).

About Resistance, I don't know what to think of this synopsis. I'm more waiting to see images and videos.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 01 Aug 2018, 6:06 am

@LadyGaufrette
@DeeBee
These are exciting fab finds thank you! Am so hyped for this series and can’t wait till it starts Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 17 Aug 2018, 10:23 am

Trailer for resistance !!! Smile
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-trailer
I think the animation will take some getting used to because it’s anime style and am used to cgi styles of Rebels and clone wars . Am gonna link reaction to it too because the feedback is interesting as some have pointed out that in the trailer there is a 3700 year old ship from the old republic in it . Interesting. Most interesting.
First Look Trailer - Star Wars Resistance | Disney
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/982zfe/first_look_trailer_star_wars_resistance_disney/?st=JKY565QW&sh=27f4704b
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:02 am

Thanks @AhsokaTano !

I'm okay with the animation, it reminds me of 'Skyland', an old show I liked.
In the trailer, I think I saw Poe (obviously), Phasma (maybe?) and a female Unkar plutt (unexpected lol! )

And a good idea for the link to the reaction to it, I found my favorite comment. It's a reply to someone who say 'They went full kids show this time'.
Clone Wars Season 1: Jar Jar saves cures cancer and Ashoka learns how to be a friend while babysitting a little Hutt.

Clone Wars Season 5: HOLY s*** EVERTHING IS ON FIRE AND EVERYONE IS FIGHTING AND HAS DEEP INTERNAL CONFLICTS AND IT IS AMAZING

---

Rebels Season 1: Zeb and Ezra go out to buy fruit, but find the power of friendship instead. Also, lando has funny expanding pigs!

Rebels Season 4: HOLT s*** EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE AND CRAZY FORCE s*** IS HAPPENING AND THERE IS SO MUCH LORE AND ALL THESE CHARACTERS ARE SO GOOD

---

Resistance Season 1:

Anyone else see a pattern here?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:07 am

@LadyGaufrette
That was my favourite comment too lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:20 am

@AhsokaTano

Well, TCW is set to end with order 66. So maybe Resistance will end with the destruction of Hosnian Prime. Ninja
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:26 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:@AhsokaTano

Well, TCW is set to end with order 66. So maybe Resistance will end with the destruction of Hosnian Prime. Ninja
@LadyGaufrette

Great assessment! Here’s an article from StarWars.com. The series timeline takes place  a few years prior to the events of TFA. The timetable looks like the ending might be right around the Hosnian Prime destruction. That would be cool.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:36 am

@AhsokaTano

3700 year old ship from the old republic in it . Interesting. Most interesting.”

Great catch! I had go back and rewatch. Hmmm!? Maybe it’s a hint and Snoke’s origins/age?
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:50 am

I think we have a Mandalorian Protector in the Resistance. Sooo interesting...So many new theories forming. cheers
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 B4b1a310
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 6e558510

I will be posting my theories on this in “The Rey Kenobi Files” thread (for those who are interested). Many of my Mando speculations tie heavily into the idea of Rey being a Mandalorian.

Last edited by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:54 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
LadyGaufrette wrote:@AhsokaTano

@LadyGaufrette

Great assessment! Here’s an article from StarWars.com. The series timeline takes place  a few years prior to the events of TFA. The timetable looks like the ending might be right around the Hosnian Prime destruction. That would be cool.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut
@TheBastardofMandalore

And it would be nice to have a fixed date to know where we are precisely in the timeline. Also to determine the number of seasons (with Rebels it was 1 year = 1 season).

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:@AhsokaTano

3700 year old ship from the old republic in it . Interesting. Most interesting.”

Great catch! I had go back and rewatch. Hmmm!? Maybe it’s a hint and Snoke’s origins/age?
@TheBastardofMandalore

There was also references to the Old Republic in Rebels with the Hammerhead-class cruiser. I don't think it's linked to Snoke but rather to a future project in TOR timeline. And I'm not really sure.

Edit
Good catch for the Mandalorian Protector!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:44 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I think we have a Mandalorian Protector in the Resistance. Sooo interesting...So many new theories forming. cheers
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 B4b1a310
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 6e558510

I will be posting my theories on this in “The Rey Kenobi Files” thread (for those who are interested). Many of my Mando speculations tie heavily into the idea of Rey being a Mandalorian.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Some people found another appearance of the symbol of the Protectors.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 2 Dk0A4jfUYAActJ6

https://twitter.com/boba0210/status/1030480865820696577
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 17 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

You can find more infos on the serie here:
https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/17/star-wars-resistance-animated-series-trailer/

Lucasfilm has also sent out the cast list with who’s playing who:

– Christopher Sean as Kazuda Xiono
– Suzie McGrath as Tam Ryvora
– Scott Lawrence as Jarek Yeager
– Myrna Velasco as Torra Doza
– Josh Brener as Neeku Vozo
– Donald Faison as Hype Fazon
– Jim Rash and Bobby Moynihan as Flix and Orka, respectively
– Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
– Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
– Rachel Butera as General Leia Organa
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Fri 17 Aug 2018, 8:21 pm

Funny. Was I the only one who got the vibe that they wanted a very "masculine" show? Poe is the silent, broody, masculine hero. We don't see girls.

I don't mean that Resistance is not going to have good female characters, or that it's going to be sexist in any way. We don't know it. It has Leia, for example. I just mean in terms of branding, how they are going in a masculine direction.

I think that if they're doing it to please the dudebros, they are wrong, because kids aren't complaining about female characters or diversity. It remains to be seen what the show is about.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 18 Aug 2018, 2:17 am

The animation looks better than I expected, honestly, since I am not a huge fan of anime. The series sure does look promising though!
Also, anyone else tired of how much negativity is surrounding it on youtube and other forums?
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 18 Aug 2018, 2:49 am

Man Without A Star wrote:The animation looks better than I expected, honestly, since I am not a huge fan of anime. The series sure does look promising though!
Also, anyone else tired of how much negativity is surrounding it on youtube and other forums?
@Man Without A Star

Yes, like people are shocked it's primarily for children. Wasn't Rebels aimed fairly young as well? I heard TCW also started rather young-aimed. And FoD got the same kind of backlash. Yes, the cartoons are for younger kids, and that's fine. That doesn't affect any potential quality it might or might not have.

SW has content across different mediums aimed at different audiences, so everyone has something, and there can be something that isn't for everyone.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 18 Aug 2018, 3:04 am

californiagirl wrote:
Man Without A Star wrote:The animation looks better than I expected, honestly, since I am not a huge fan of anime. The series sure does look promising though!
@Man Without A Star

Yes, like people are shocked it's primarily for children. Wasn't Rebels aimed fairly young as well? I heard TCW also started rather young-aimed. And FoD got the same kind of backlash. Yes, the cartoons are for younger kids, and that's fine. That doesn't affect any potential quality it might or might not have.

SW has content across different mediums aimed at different audiences, so everyone has something, and there can be something that isn't for everyone.
@californiagirl

Yes, exactly! And also the fact that as someone else already mentioned, both TCW and Rebels got better with each season, because they matured along with their audience. I think that is a great approach. Introduce the younger audience to the wider universe and grow with them with each season.
And considering the timeline this show is set in, I see a huge potential in this series.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 18 Aug 2018, 8:58 am

Man Without A Star wrote:
californiagirl wrote:
@Man Without A Star

@californiagirl

Yes, exactly! And also the fact that as someone else already mentioned, both TCW and Rebels got better with each season, because they matured along with their audience. I think that is a great approach. Introduce the younger audience to the wider universe and grow with them with each season.
And considering the timeline this show is set in, I see a huge potential in this series.
@Man Without A Star

I see it as a sort of 'tradition'. When TCW was broadcasted, it was not as loved as people would like to remember. I went to old posts on another forum and it was tough for most episodes and tougher for some of them. Then it was cancelled and to the general opinion it became a fantastic serie while Rebels was this ugly little sibling nobody wanted. Now Rebels ended and Resistance is going to begin, and I can already see the same people who spited on Rebels say it looked better than Resistance.
So don't get affected by this negativity, it's just some people who embody the 'Older Is Better' trope.

As for the potential of this serie, I think Lucasfilm chose this animation studio to make a cartoon about space races and an animated X-Wing serie. We are going to see a lot of ships, different and beautiful, and dogfights in space.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 18 Aug 2018, 9:21 pm

@Man Without A Star

Machiavelli once said that there is nothing more dangerous or uncertain than introducing something new to a broad public. This, he said, is partly due to 'the incredulity of men, who do not readily believe in new things until they have had a long experience of them'.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sun 19 Aug 2018, 1:17 am

@Armadeus

I love Machiavelli! And he was absolutely right in that regard. People are afraid of new things, because they represent change.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next