Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

+26
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Starliteprism
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
Riri
Armadeus
AceofWands
LadyGaufrette
Kyla Ren
KiraRen2015
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
special_cases
californiagirl
vaderito
Man Without A Star
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
unicorn
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
30 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 13 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

This looks like a good one... I'm betting it's one to buy, but I'll let you know! bounce
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 13 Nov 2019, 12:29 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

This looks like a good one... I'm betting it's one to buy, but I'll let you know! bounce
@12 Parsnips

I think you're right!!!! bounce (Did I hear the words temple? Force? I am definitely almost sold, yet if you say the episode turns out to be meh, I'll then wait for 3-4wks, presuming DisneyNow behaves lol)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 14 Nov 2019, 11:26 am

Here's some interesting news: http://epguides.com/StarWarsResistance/

Looks like Resistance will not be taking a holiday break this year. It looks like, if they will have a 19-episode season, they are going to run straight through until February, when the new Clone Wars season starts.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 14 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

12 Parsnips wrote:Here's some interesting news: http://epguides.com/StarWarsResistance/

Looks like Resistance will not be taking a holiday break this year. It looks like, if they will have a 19-episode season, they are going to run straight through until February, when the new Clone Wars season starts.
@12 Parsnips

Interesting! They'll probably show how The Resistance goes on with life after the conclusion of TROS. Or, if it still concludes at at the beginning of TRoS, we'll just have to roll with it. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 14 Nov 2019, 12:42 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
12 Parsnips wrote:Here's some interesting news: http://epguides.com/StarWarsResistance/

@12 Parsnips

Interesting! They'll probably show how The Resistance goes on with life after the conclusion of TROS. Or, if it still concludes at at the beginning of TRoS, we'll just have to roll with it. Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I hope hope hope there is some kind of crossover with TRoS, even if it's only thematic. #Tamdemption Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 14 Nov 2019, 12:59 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:

@12 Parsnips

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I hope hope hope there is some kind of crossover with TRoS, even if it's only thematic. #Tamdemption Wink
@12 Parsnips

YES!!!!! #Tamdemption!!!!! Very Happy Smile I love you
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sun 17 Nov 2019, 6:09 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I would say Relic Raiders is one to buy. Nothing too profound going on but definitely Force stuff happening and mention of both
Spoiler:
I'm so excited we could finally be setting up stuff for TRoS!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 17 Nov 2019, 9:46 am

I would say Relic Raiders is one to buy. Nothing too profound going on but definitely Force stuff happening and mention of both
Spoiler:
@12 Parsnips

Will do! Very Happy Smile  Unfortunately, still no DisneyNow miracle, so I shall when it's available for purchase with Google Play or Amazon (probably tomorrow).  

Question:

Spoiler:

This is exciting! Very Happy And thank you for helping me with this! We both know Season 2 will eventually be on Disney+ (probably late January, or February sometime), which I have - so no use buying the entire season 2, yet wanting to know is also fun/important, so indeed - I am willing to buy an episode here and there.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:58 am

Spoiler:
@12 Parsnips

Will do! Very Happy Smile  Unfortunately, still no DisneyNow miracle, so I shall when it's available for purchase with Google Play or Amazon (probably tomorrow).  

Question:

Spoiler:

This is exciting! Very Happy And thank you for helping me with this!  We both know Season 2 will eventually be on Disney+ (probably late January, or February sometime), which I have - so no use buying the entire season 2, yet wanting to know is also fun/important, so indeed - I am willing to buy an episode here and there.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 20 Nov 2019, 6:40 pm

@12 Parsnips

"The Relic Raiders" was finally available for purchase with Google Play/YouTube, and not long ago, I concluded my viewing.

Thank you for the recommendation to episode purchase!

I absolutely love Mika Grey! She's so sassy grumpy! Haha I especially adore, per Pablo, that "The character of Mika Grey evolved from imagining what Asajj Ventress would be like had she survived into this era,” https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-relic-raider-star-wars-resistance

Ben will be the first redemption story, which ultimately involves survival. Asajj/Mika indicates that duality that Kylo/Ben will survive (well, death, then survive is my guess). Also, he'll be a form of sassy grumpy (with others), along with calm, understanding, and tall (with Rey) Razz lol when he is redeemed. Although, I do feel he'll always be friendly with Rose (i.e., the way Mika and Eila bonded) because Rose is awesome!

Speaking of Ben...no wonder Rey will want to rip his head off, when she first sees him in TRoS - he's such a butt as SL (which we are also seeing from the comics). Although, it is funny he's pursuing his geeky interests, along with searching for the Resistance (cough Rey).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 20 Nov 2019, 7:02 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips

"The Relic Raiders" was finally available for purchase with Google Play/YouTube, and not long ago, I concluded my viewing.

I absolutely love Mika Grey! She's so sassy grumpy! Haha I especially adore, per Pablo, that "The character of Mika Grey evolved from imagining what Asajj Ventress would be like had she survived into this era,” https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-relic-raider-star-wars-resistance

Ben will be the first redemption story, which ultimately involves survival.  Asajj/Mika indicates that duality that Kylo/Ben will survive (well, death, then survive is my guess).  Also, he'll be a form of sassy grumpy (with others), along with calm, understanding, and tall (with Rey) Razz lol when he is redeemed.  Although, I do feel he'll always be friendly with Rose (i.e., the way Mika and Eila bonded) because Rose is awesome!

Speaking of Ben...no wonder Rey will want to rip his head off, when she first sees him in TRoS - he's such a butt as SL (which we are also seeing from the comics).  Although, it is funny he's pursuing his geeky interests, along with searching for the Resistance (cough Rey).  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Nerdy Supreme Leader is just the best. I bet he writes his supreme orders to his relic raider troopers in calligraphy. Wink (Seriously though, that calligraphy thing is so soft I'm sure he's stuffed that part of Ben as deep as he can.)

Speaking of stuffing, something I thought was incredibly interesting in this episode was that the Jedi temples were often built on top of Dark Side/Sith temples. Which we knew, but Mica says it was "purification by suppression"...which just gave me chills. Bad chills. To me this is one major reason why the Jedi ultimately failed: they suppressed without acknowledging what they were suppressing. Like attachments/love, anger, fear...

I wish more fans had seen and understood the Yoda episodes in the Lost Season of Clone Wars, in which Yoda via visions is forced to acknowledge his shadow (which enables him to defeat it) rather than simply declaring it doesn't exist. I think we'd have a lot more understanding of what is going on with both Ben and Rey in the ST, and a lot better understanding of Luke's self-disillusionment.

Also super interesting that this temple is similar to the one in Rebels that required two people working together to activate/deactivate its mechanisms. Wonder why the Force would need two people, hmmmmmmm? Very Happy
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 20 Nov 2019, 7:16 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:

Ben will be the first redemption story, which ultimately involves survival.  Asajj/Mika indicates that duality that Kylo/Ben will survive (well, death, then survive is my guess).  Also, he'll be a form of sassy grumpy (with others), along with calm, understanding, and tall (with Rey) Razz lol when he is redeemed.  Although, I do feel he'll always be friendly with Rose (i.e., the way Mika and Eila bonded) because Rose is awesome!

Speaking of Ben...no wonder Rey will want to rip his head off, when she first sees him in TRoS - he's such a butt as SL (which we are also seeing from the comics).  Although, it is funny he's pursuing his geeky interests, along with searching for the Resistance (cough Rey).  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Nerdy Supreme Leader is just the best. I bet he writes his supreme orders to his relic raider troopers in calligraphy. Wink (Seriously though, that calligraphy thing is so soft I'm sure he's stuffed that part of Ben as deep as he can.)

Speaking of stuffing, something I thought was incredibly interesting in this episode was that the Jedi temples were often built on top of Dark Side/Sith temples. Which we knew, but Mica says it was "purification by suppression"...which just gave me chills. Bad chills. To me this is one major reason why the Jedi ultimately failed: they suppressed without acknowledging what they were suppressing. Like attachments/love, anger, fear...

I wish more fans had seen and understood the Yoda episodes in the Lost Season of Clone Wars, in which Yoda via visions is forced to acknowledge his shadow (which enables him to defeat it) rather than simply declaring it doesn't exist. I think we'd have a lot more understanding of what is going on with both Ben and Rey in the ST, and a lot better understanding of Luke's self-disillusionment.

Also super interesting that this temple is similar to the one in Rebels that required two people working together to activate/deactivate its mechanisms. Wonder why the Force would need two people, hmmmmmmm? Very Happy
@12 Parsnips

I LOVE your additional impressions, analysis of this episode!

You know, I also felt very uncomfortable when I heard "purification by suppression." The Healing of the Force, plus Reylo/Bendemption will acknowledge the dark side and the light side, and the yin yang, healing of both. The Jedi completely misunderstood why they initially defeated the Sith in the ancient days. In their quest...fear (which opens the door to their defeat) to prevent it, they caused more problems (and prevented the Force from healing).

Haha The Force loves using two people to solve things, yet all connections are not as mythic as romantic love, huh? Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 21 Nov 2019, 5:40 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we get a little more of this Force stuff before TRoS comes out, though there's not much time left. I hope they can pave the way a bit for people--kids especially--to understand some of the basic "balance" things I'm pretty sure we'll be getting with Rey and Ben in TRoS.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:04 am

@12 Parsnips

Same! Although kids are more open-minded about fantasy, yet for the adults who watch the show, it is my hope (same with The Mandalorian).

With the next episode, was the pilot seen in the preview already introduced in a previous episode (maybe books, comics too)? If so, who is she? Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:14 am

Same! Although kids are more open-minded about fantasy, yet for the adults who watch the show, it is my hope (same with The Mandalorian).

With the next episode, was the pilot seen in the preview already introduced in a previous episode (maybe books, comics too)? If so, who is she? Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes, I can't believe we're getting yet another new character! And maybe Tam will be in this one...
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

12 Parsnips wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes, I can't believe we're getting yet another new character! And maybe Tam will be in this one...
@12 Parsnips

Ahhh So she's completely new?! Hopefully, she will be the balance of light side words that Tam needs to hear, because she is in the midst of brainwashing.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:21 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

We haven't seen her yet this season. She might not be new to some of characters, but I don't know one way or the other.

Just had a thought about the temple episode...did you notice the balance symbol on the ground by the temple--the snake and fish making the yin yang symbol? I'm loving it!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:26 am

@12 Parsnips

YES!!!! It intensifies my wish that there is that at 11 in TRoS!!!!! Interesting enough, it increases my excitement for the Art of TROS book. It was very concept art in nature, yet stayed throughout production.

Love this quote in the Bucket List article at starwars.com https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-relic-raider-star-wars-resistance

4. Force-inspired interior design.

“The symbol engraved in the Jedi temple is a snake/fish based off of the yin yang symbol,” says Christenson. “The snake represents the dark side of the Force, and the fish the light side. It reinforces the fact that the Jedi temple was built over a Sith temple to balance out the energy in that area.”

Speaking of snake - hasn't that been on designs/symbols for Rey with TROS? Nothing sinister, yet emphasizing the balance with Rey and Ben.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 21 Nov 2019, 1:05 pm

YES!!!!  It intensifies my wish that there is that at 11 in TRoS!!!!!  Interesting enough, it increases my excitement for the Art of TROS book.  It was very concept art in nature, yet stayed throughout production.  

Love this quote in the Bucket List article at starwars.com https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-relic-raider-star-wars-resistance

“The symbol engraved in the Jedi temple is a snake/fish based off of the yin yang symbol,” says Christenson. “The snake represents the dark side of the Force, and the fish the light side. It reinforces the fact that the Jedi temple was built over a Sith temple to balance out the energy in that area.”

Speaking of snake - hasn't that been on designs/symbols for Rey with TROS?  Nothing sinister, yet emphasizing the balance with Rey and Ben.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

There is a new icon that's apparently for the Jedi (?) that has a lightsaber with a snake curled around it. (Not sure of those logistics, but it's SYMBOLISM, okay? Okay.  lol! ) Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 21 Nov 2019, 1:27 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:

YES!!!!  It intensifies my wish that there is that at 11 in TRoS!!!!!  Interesting enough, it increases my excitement for the Art of TROS book.  It was very concept art in nature, yet stayed throughout production.  

Speaking of snake - hasn't that been on designs/symbols for Rey with TROS?  Nothing sinister, yet emphasizing the balance with Rey and Ben.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

There is a new icon that's apparently for the Jedi (?) that has a lightsaber with a snake curled around it. (Not sure of those logistics, but it's SYMBOLISM, okay? Okay.  lol! ) Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?
@12 Parsnips

YES!!!!! Interesting, so Rey/the new Jedi is embracing the dark side of the Force?! Very Happy hmmm haha More balance! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:50 pm

@12 Parsnips

I bought Rendezvous Point, when I heard/read that Mrs. Doza was the mystery woman. She is so damn awesome...I absolutely adore Venise Doza, and Torch is such a protective, intelligent bad***. Love this episode!

(I actually was thinking, I wish she had the Poe role! I know, I know, I'm bad)

The end recording, with her and Captain Doza in love, but only forehead touching - that tells me because Ben and Rey are the HEA for the universe (Which is emphasized, these personal sacrifices are occurring so the universe can be happy) tells me they will be kissing. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:23 pm

I bought Rendezvous Point, when I heard/read that Mrs. Doza was the mystery woman.  She is so damn awesome...I absolutely adore Venise Doza, and Torch is such a protective, intelligent bad***.  Love this episode!

The end recording, with her and Captain Doza in love, but only forehead touching - that tells me because Ben and Rey are the HEA for the universe (Which is emphasized, these personal sacrifices are occurring so the universe can be happy) tells me they will be kissing. Very Happy Smile  

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, I'm glad you got to see it! I really liked her too. Torra is definitely more like her mom! And I really loved the way she talked to Tam. She was honest and made her look at herself honestly. She is 100% why we need more living moms in Star Wars!

I'm getting so anxious for Tam now though. pale

I know!! The way Emmanuel (we know his first name!) watches the recording when he feels bad...and wasn't embarrassed that Torra caught him at it... I love you Such a sweet family moment then and when Torra sits on the arm of his chair...

Yep, the ol' enemies to lovers thing actually works. Wink cheers
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:35 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:

I bought Rendezvous Point, when I heard/read that Mrs. Doza was the mystery woman.  She is so damn awesome...I absolutely adore Venise Doza, and Torch is such a protective, intelligent bad***.  Love this episode!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, I'm glad you got to see it! I really liked her too. Torra is definitely more like her mom! And I really loved the way she talked to Tam. She was honest and made her look at herself honestly. She is 100% why we need more living moms in Star Wars!

I know!! The way Emmanuel (we know his first name!) watches the recording when he feels bad...and wasn't embarrassed that Torra caught him at it... I love you Such a sweet family moment then and when Torra sits on the arm of his chair...

@12 Parsnips

OMG! lol, I didn't catch his first name - Emmanuel - Eeek!

I was just so captivated by Venise!

Actually, I feel very positive for Tam. I think the show is continuing past TRoS so that we can see the HEA for the Doza's, Kaz's family, and Yeager and Tam. Venise did point out that Tam is like his daughter, and he already lost a daughter? ?? (If I am recalling that already, he won't lose another one. I have hope!)

And yes, emphasizing the importance of living mothers, and added bonus if they are kick a**!

As an aside, Torch is one of the best droids ever - I love how he was about to attack Tam because he's so protective of Venise, when Tam insulted her. haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:40 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@12 Parsnips

Actually, I feel very positive for Tam. I think the show is continuing past TRoS so that we can see the HEA for the Doza's, Kaz's family, and Yeager and Tam. Venise did point out that Tam is like his daughter, and he already lost a daughter? ?? (If I am recalling that already, he won't lose another one. I have hope!)

And yes, emphasizing the importance of living mothers, and added bonus if they are kick a**!

As an aside, Torch is one of the best droids ever - I love how he was about to attack Tam because he's so protective of Venise, when Tam insulted her. haha
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, I'm sure Tam will get her HEA. I'm just anxious for her in the meantime. Wink Can you imagine if Tam returns home and Yeager makes her his partner in his racing or whatever he'll be doing postwar? I would love that so much. Found family.

I loved Torch's see-through dome! Star Wars has been so awesome lately with its spunky droids.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:52 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:
12 Parsnips wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@12 Parsnips

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, I'm sure Tam will get her HEA. I'm just anxious for her in the meantime. Wink Can you imagine if Tam returns home and Yeager makes her his partner in his racing or whatever he'll be doing postwar? I would love that so much. Found family.

I loved Torch's see-through dome! Star Wars has been so awesome lately with its spunky droids.
@12 Parsnips

Chopper was in the background of Rogue One, correct? I will SO be looking for a R2 unit with a see through dome in the Resistance scenes - because I want to see Torch in TRoS!!! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next