Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases Fri 20 Jul 2018, 3:00 pm

@AhsokaTano I can simply reblog that post with a note - if I understand correctly, this person will see it and other people too. I'll tag it #reylo. Let me know if you don't want this. I just think that instead of talking about it here we should do something. Sometimes I browse #reylo tumblr and see pics\discussions\ideas from here - and I assume that people are simply posting in two places, here and on Tumblr. TBH I see it almost every week.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl Fri 20 Jul 2018, 3:13 pm

I'll let it be known I don't have a Tumblr, so if anything of mine pops up over there, know that someone else took it from here. Dunno
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 20 Jul 2018, 4:59 pm

So they not only swiped it but then locked the comments so they don't have to listen to people rightly telling them that they're a thief? F**king lame, man. Somebody outta reblog it with the comments about how it just curiously happened to turn up with the exact same images in the exact same sequence after the discussion happened here. It's happened so many times, especially with Reddit and certain YouTuber outright stealing posts, translations, and images from here that people should make noise about it. Because obviously what happens is people see something really smart/interesting and instead of boosting it and giving credit to the person who actually wrote it/put it together, they want the credit and likes for themselves. Same way you see people stealing art and reposting it to Instagram when they could've given credit to the person who's work it was, especially when a lot of artists get contacts/jobs by having a social media account.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 20 Jul 2018, 5:11 pm

@special_cases
Ok yeah that would be great thank you Smile
Makes you wonder how many times this is happening .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 20 Jul 2018, 5:26 pm

@AhsokaTano It's been going on for almost two years now and got really bad in the run-up to TLJ's release. Posts from here by people like @Tex have been plagiarized and reposted on Tumblr and Reddit, magazine scans shared by @MrsWindu were posted to Reddit and Imgur almost immediately, and @shii405 generously translated some of the Japanese language press coverage and her posts were copied over to Reddit by somebody who didn't cite her post or give her credit. There's also a certain YouTuber who's plagiarized essays and podcasts from several forum members here that was blatant theft. It's beyond the point of being weird or annoying, but outright bullshit and needs to be called as such. This is a small website and group of people --  if anybody deserves credit for the ideas/writing/translating sharing being done here, it's the people doing it and this community. Not Reddit, Tumblr, or YouTube lurkers who steal for likes and clicks. Which funny thing, it's all small community here but everybody remembers how the board crashed after the big trailer dropped last October, right? Or how after the premiere so many people suddenly turned up because they were looking for info/spoilers. People are here and looking/taking, whether they want to admit it or not.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 20 Jul 2018, 10:59 pm

Wow. I'm away from the forum a day and it all happens lol.
Just came across this article on starwars.com related to the newly announced future content..
I think this is a small, but specific kind of spoiler for IX..
starwars.com wrote:
Charles Soule on the state of the galaxy at the end of Poe Dameron, which is set after The Last Jedi: “The galaxy is devoid of help for the Resistance, and they’re just four starships. They’re in a tough spot. So that’s where we are when the series wraps up. I won’t say it’s not a happy ending, but it’s a tough ol’ galaxy out there. It really is.”
Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-queens-shadow-revealed-and-more-from-the-lucasfilm-publishing-panel

4 starships huh.. ouchie!
[Black squadron is four fighters.. and the MF - does this mean one member of black squadron is toast? - pure speculation this!]
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 23 Jul 2018, 1:31 am

Hi all! I found this and posted it on Thrawn thread too. Someone has got hold of Thrawn Alliances book and has been reading it and posting spoilers on Reddit ( they haven’t finished it yet though so there could be more revelations). Am going to to read it anyway as the first book was great - it’s out tomorrow. Am posting this here too as I believe it could have big spoilers for episode 9 and potential reason for extending the main cast’s contracts ( if that “ leak “ is true of course as it could be faf )and it would also give a valid reason for splitting up the cast if they are going to continue as I definitely could see kylo and his knights ( assuming they are in 9) taking on this threat. Only read if you want to be spoiled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8zsbkt/look_what_i_got_my_hands_on_merchandise/?st=JJXVM84K&sh=4b9fc48d
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 1:47 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all! I found this and posted it on Thrawn thread too. Someone has got hold of Thrawn Alliances book and has been reading it and posting spoilers on Reddit ( they haven’t finished it yet though so there could be more revelations). Am going to to read it anyway as the first book was great - it’s out tomorrow. Am posting this here too as I believe it could have big spoilers for episode 9 and potential reason for extending the main cast’s contracts ( if that “ leak “ is true of course as it could be faf )and it would also give a valid reason for splitting up the cast if they are going to continue as I definitely could see kylo and his knights ( assuming they are in 9) taking on this threat. Only read if you want to be spoiled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8zsbkt/look_what_i_got_my_hands_on_merchandise/?st=JJXVM84K&sh=4b9fc48d
@AhsokaTano

Reading through it - my library acquired the book early, and was able to prepare it for borrowing it quickly, which is why I have it.

I am intrigued with the book because of Batuu (it's featured for the Galaxy's Edge attraction, so it makes sense to me it is important...for IX, as well). Very Happy

The one species listed is not in the Star Wars Databank - yet - which is actually very intriguing, and a possibility for IX. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 23 Jul 2018, 1:55 am

@Sw_Heroine_Journey
Yeah I should be getting it on my kobo app tomorrow. I did the same as you I went looking for that “ species “ and found nothing which makes me think we’ll see them in 9 and made me also think of John boyega’s words about a huge war in 9 ( maybe it was more than resistance versus first order ). I read this and thought too of lord of the rings and how everyone had to work together to defeat the bigger threat and in that the fellowship was split up . So if those book spoilers are anything to go by we could get similar scenario .
Also made me think that scene from the TFA junior novelisation “ I’ll come back for you sweetheart “ from Rey’s vision in the middle of a battle could still be in the future and Ben/Kylo . I know the junior TLJ novel seemed to imply Rey thought the voice was her own but it’s a male voice and she hears it twice on anch to in the mists in TLJ junior novel ( like Jane Eyre with Rochester ) and then this scene from TLJ junior novelisation:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 23f16f10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 12:30 pm

Hasbro has already started working on toys for IX!!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Img_0830

'Maybe a couple of new things that will be surprises'

Also, Adam was seen filming his zombie movie today, so as far as we know IX probably hasn't started filming contrary to what twitter accounts were passing around as July 21.

Or he doesn't begin filming until later, which I think is quite likely.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 23 Jul 2018, 12:40 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Also, Adam was seen filming his zombie movie today, so as far as we know IX probably hasn't started filming contrary to what twitter accounts were passing around as July 21.

That's what I thought.. No one official has said production was starting July 21st.

I have a feeling Adam won't go to London to film until late August beginning of September, mostly because of the Zombie movie.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 1:02 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:Also, Adam was seen filming his zombie movie today, so as far as we know IX probably hasn't started filming contrary to what twitter accounts were passing around as July 21.

That's what I thought.. No one official has said production was starting July 21st.

I have a feeling Adam won't go to London to film until late August beginning of September, mostly because of the Zombie movie.
@tukicarreno

Yep, I had no idea where that date came from in the first place considering JJ only said end of July, nothing else. Besides you get an announcement on the official site telling us that cameras have started rolling which hasn't happened yet. Has to be this week or early next week then. As for Adam, he'll probably start filming later. Someone on twitter pointed out that he might not leave the USA until after Blackkklansman premieres (happening early August), which is a good point. He might have to do promo and press tour for it, after all.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 1:37 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@Sw_Heroine_Journey
Yeah I should be getting it on my kobo app tomorrow. I did the same as you I went looking for that “ species “ and found nothing which makes me think we’ll see them in 9 and made me also think of John boyega’s words about a huge war in 9 ( maybe it was more than resistance versus first order ). I read this and thought too of lord of the rings and how everyone had to work together to defeat the bigger threat and in that the fellowship was split up . So if those book spoilers are anything to go by we could get similar scenario .
Also made me think that scene from the TFA junior novelisation “ I’ll come back for you sweetheart “ from Rey’s vision in the middle of a battle could still be in the future and Ben/Kylo . I know the junior TLJ novel seemed to imply Rey thought the voice was her own but it’s a male voice and she hears it twice on anch to in the mists in TLJ junior novel ( like Jane Eyre with Rochester ) and then this scene from TLJ junior novelisation:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 23f16f10
@AhsokaTano

It also causes me to think that a criticism of TLJ may be expanded upon, in more ways than people realize for IX (and perhaps beyond.) And because pre-production is years, this is not in reaction to the criticisms. Very, very interesting. Smile Very Happy

Even after the publishing date for Thrawn Alliances, I wonder if the databank entry for that species will be sparse.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 23 Jul 2018, 3:59 pm

I am not sure if this goes here, but I was wondering... What is this recent news from some youtubers that JJ will retcon The Last Jedi?

They also say that JJ will now make changes to the script. Is that true? Really hope not.. I don't know why these guys are reporting this. I am worried and I know I shouldn't be... Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 4:34 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Hasbro has already started working on toys for IX!!

Also, Adam was seen filming his zombie movie today, so as far as we know IX probably hasn't started filming contrary to what twitter accounts were passing around as July 21.

@Kylo Rey

omg like a millenium falcon toy piloted by ben solo
or rey and ben dolls kissing lolll

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 23 Jul 2018, 5:11 pm

tukicarreno wrote:I am not sure if this goes here, but I was wondering... What is this recent news from some youtubers that JJ will retcon The Last Jedi?

They also say that JJ will now make changes to the script. Is that true? Really hope not.. I don't know why these guys are reporting this. I am worried and I know I shouldn't be... Neutral
@tukicarreno

JJ already said earlier this year that the response to TLJ wouldn't affect the script they were already working on. We really haven't gotten much confirmation about virtually anything from LF, even obvious things like the inclusion of Lando.

He does tend to change things and improvise as he films, but that's just how he likes to work, unlike Rian, who wants everything planned out to a T and not really deviate from the script. Different strokes for different folks.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

tukicarreno wrote:I am not sure if this goes here, but I was wondering... What is this recent news from some youtubers that JJ will retcon The Last Jedi?

@tukicarreno

There is nothing about it in Deadline.com, nor do I see anything mentioned in Google News (choosing Star Wars: The Last Jedi). I highly doubt it is true, so don't worry!

1) JJ was Executive Producer for The Last Jedi
2) JJ is busy with IX, plus Overlords, and I also think Castle Rock - and I am sure other new things -
and 3) Even if he wanted to, Disney would not approve of it. Nothing can be retconned unless Disney wants that to happen

Just Youtubers having fantasies and trying to get to you. Don't let them succeed!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 5:27 pm

@tukicarreno
I agree with you @californiagirl @SW_Heroine_Journey . I think that even if he makes some changes to the script while filming, they will be small, like when Rian decided to change the "pretty eyes" line. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm

rey09 wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:Hasbro has already started working on toys for IX!!

@Kylo Rey

omg like a millenium falcon toy piloted by ben solo
or rey and ben dolls kissing lolll
@rey09

Squee!

This also amuses me because it is most likely the source of deception in the Campea marriage. lol Ann Campea is an executive at Hasbro. Meanwhile, John Campea has a movie focused youtube channel. He's usually rather awesome, yet he is convinced Ben will remain as evil Kylo, which just confuses me because he usually catches story layers. However, this causes me to appreciate the story brilliance of LF more. Anyway, what she knows...and cannot share with him because of a Non Disclosure Agreement...haha Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 5:33 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:

@tukicarreno
I agree with you @californiagirl @SW_Heroine_Journey . I think that even if he makes some changes to the script while filming, they will be small, like when Rian decided to change the "pretty eyes" line. Laughing
@Moonlight13

Indeed! And even if small, I have a feeling it will have to possess the OK of the Lucasfilm Story Group.  I had the impression from Rayne Roberts that is one of her tasks (quote pasted below, bold added by me).  In addition, if it is potentially huge, I am sure Kathleen Kennedy then needs to give the OK.  

"Could you briefly describe a typical “day in the life” in your position?

A typical development day includes anywhere from two to three story meetings with my cohorts in feature development including Senior Vice President (SVP) of Development, Kiri Hart, VP Development, Stephen Feder, and my fellow Story Group members. I can often be found meeting with our SVP of Production, Jason McGatlin, so we can stay up to date on mutual development and production milestones for the films. And I always look forward to days when I have a general meeting with a filmmaker or screenwriter I’m excited about. Depending on where we are at in a film’s production cycle, the rest of the day might involve watching dailies or giving editorial notes, drafting story notes, reading writing samples, watching directing samples, and phone calls or video meetings with folks down in Los Angeles, London, or New York."

https://www.lucasfilm.com/news/spotlight-rayne-roberts/
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 23 Jul 2018, 6:08 pm

@tukicarreno

Seems as though Sleemo (and others on tumblr) are addressing this as well because you are not the only one who is concerned.  Please, no worries.  

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/176207727772/theres-another-great-forgotten-interview-jj

anonymous:
There's another great, forgotten interview J.J. did in 2015 with Wired, JJ Abrams, Star Wars Superfan, on Directing The Force Awakens that is about TFA and TLJ. He praises Rian a lot and says of TLJ, "So the story he told took what we were doing and went in the direction that he felt was best but that is very much in line with what we were thinking as well."
greyjedireylo
yessssss thank you for the link! also THIS:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_pbmkuhYx5K1souypk_500

it’s almost kind of sad that these very obvious things have to even be pointed out lol. of course JJ and Rian are on the same page and worked closely to ensure a seamless transition of the story between movies. of course JJ thinks Rian is an incredibly accomplished writer and filmmaker. of course JJ and Lucasfilm love what Rian did with TLJ or he would’ve gotten fired like all the other directors that were f****ing the other movies up. people who think JJ hated TLJ or is going to “fix” things or whatever bullshit are the equivalent of flat earthers lmao

sleemo

Jul 23rd 2018 368 notes like reblog
TAGS • jj abrams • rian johnson • interview • quote
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 23 Jul 2018, 7:06 pm

Can't wait for the FAF regarding the "toy leaks" Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 23 Jul 2018, 8:14 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@tukicarreno

There is nothing about it in Deadline.com, nor do I see anything mentioned in Google News (choosing Star Wars: The Last Jedi). I highly doubt it is true, so don't worry!

1) JJ was Executive Producer for The Last Jedi
2) JJ is busy with IX, plus Overlords, and I also think Castle Rock - and I am sure other new things -
and 3) Even if he wanted to, Disney would not approve of it. Nothing can be retconned unless Disney wants that to happen

Just Youtubers having fantasies and trying to get to you. Don't let them succeed!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Got it. One of them was Mike Zeroh, so yeah..that's a red flag right there. Thanks for the reassurance!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 23 Jul 2018, 8:59 pm

rawpowah wrote:Can't wait for the FAF regarding the "toy leaks" Laughing
@rawpowah

Overall, the toy leaks wound up providing most of the "accurate" leaks for TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Jul 2018, 10:23 pm

Wasn't News From Jakku most likely somebody in a non-English language market with access to toy marketing info?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next