Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Starliteprism Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:09 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Boyega10

So...the source doesn't even remember. tongue

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Boyega11
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:51 am

@Starliteprism

Omg LOL i questioned the article on twitter, can’t believe they latched on to that

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 24 Dec 2018, 3:58 am

Riri wrote:@Starliteprism

Omg LOL i questioned the article on twitter, can’t believe they latched on to that
@Riri

Also totally aware @MrsWindu shared first. Im also from the UK and have a subscription so posted about it on Twitter Smile

PS - i forgot to mention that my friend’s husband messaged Adams agent last week asking for an interview, the agent replied saying he’s working. So we can assume he was filming for about 2-3 weeks!

Also John didn’t deny the 1 year time jump, i think he prob let it slip accidentally lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 24 Dec 2018, 5:40 am

Riri wrote:
Riri wrote:@Starliteprism

@Riri

Also totally aware @MrsWindu shared first. Im also from the UK and have a subscription so posted about it on Twitter Smile

PS - i forgot to mention that my friend’s husband messaged Adams agent last week asking for an interview, the agent replied saying he’s working. So we can assume he was filming for about 2-3 weeks!

Also John didn’t deny the 1 year time jump, i think he prob let it slip accidentally lol
@Riri

Reylos on the pulse! Probably his response is a combo of damage control, plus adding to the hype.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 24 Dec 2018, 6:52 am

He doesn’t deny it, so that’s interesting. Also, any time Adam looks freshly shaved, it’s obvious he’s been filming, as he usually likes to grow his stubble and moustache out.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 28 Dec 2018, 12:54 pm

So I was having a discussion with someone who follows me on twitter and they tweeted something pretty interesting. They said: ‘I gotta say something here, but take it with a grain of ...salt...sand...w/e the saying is. I have a friend connected to LF who said the battle plot of IX reminds them of Pocahontas. Last year they said VIII reminded them of Kingdom Hearts (and I'd say it was VERY KH!)...’

I haven’t watched Pocahontas in ages. Wonder what this could mean?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018, 1:19 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:So I was having a discussion with someone who follows me on twitter and they tweeted something pretty interesting. They said: ‘I gotta say something here, but take it with a grain of ...salt...sand...w/e the saying is. I have a friend connected to LF who said the battle plot of IX reminds them of Pocahontas. Last year they said VIII reminded them of Kingdom Hearts (and I'd say it was VERY KH!)...’

@Kylo Rey

Maybe IX will have something like this:

Pocahontas saves John Smith from being executed by her father as both the Native Americans and colonists ready themselves for war. Both sides are blinded by prejudice and hatred, while Pocahontas is the sole voice of reason. John then gets shot protecting Pocahontas' father and the two sides cease fighting. Pocahontas and John are separated at the end when John has to go back overseas, but still love each other.

I can see how it can fit IX in certain ways, especially if Rey is Pocahontas in this scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 28 Dec 2018, 1:37 pm

@Kylo Rey

I think historically Pocahontas saved Smiths life several times before she was imprisioned by the British. However during her captivity she did fall in love and married a tobacco farmer which bought relative peace to the region. And they had a son a year later. Of course that wasn’t in the Disney version.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 28 Dec 2018, 2:08 pm

toolonelytosleep wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:So I was having a discussion with someone who follows me on twitter and they tweeted something pretty interesting. They said: ‘I gotta say something here, but take it with a grain of ...salt...sand...w/e the saying is. I have a friend connected to LF who said the battle plot of IX reminds them of Pocahontas. Last year they said VIII reminded them of Kingdom Hearts (and I'd say it was VERY KH!)...’

@Kylo Rey

Maybe IX will have something like this:

Pocahontas saves John Smith from being executed by her father as both the Native Americans and colonists ready themselves for war. Both sides are blinded by prejudice and hatred, while Pocahontas is the sole voice of reason. John then gets shot protecting Pocahontas' father and the two sides cease fighting. Pocahontas and John are separated at the end when John has to go back overseas, but still love each other.

I can see how it can fit IX in certain ways, especially if Rey is Pocahontas in this scenario.
@toolonelytosleep

Oh wow... that actually fits incredibly well if you substitute Pocahontas for Rey. It even has that pieta trope - death and resurrection that leads to being reborn, which many of the knowledgable meta writers think will happen to Kylo in IX. Very interesting.

@MrsWindu They were referring to the Disney version.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 28 Dec 2018, 2:53 pm

Oh wow interesting if it does follow the Pocahontas route though would be sad if they are parted at the end .., unless it’s for a good reason and there’s the hope that they will be reunited .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018, 2:59 pm

The ending to Pocahontas made me teary-eyed back in the day. The music and imagery is beautifully done:

While I would love a happy ending, I do wonder if Rey and Kylo will end up separated at the end, but with the hope that they will reunite and find each other again. It might be too bittersweet of an ending for a trilogy though, especially one that will most likely tie in the entire story of SW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 28 Dec 2018, 3:06 pm

Usually when they take inspiration from these things, it doesn’t mean they copy it beat for beat. Besides, it says battle scenes in IX specifically.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018, 3:09 pm

@Kylo Rey

That's true. Pocahontas is one of my favorite Disney movies, so I wouldn't mind the inspiration.

I feel like I know very little of Episode IX right now and what could happen, compared to the speculation before TLJ came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 29 Dec 2018, 5:28 am

Hey i dm’d the leaker and she said i could post it on Reddit! I also asked her a few Q’s!

When i asked about the separation, she said the Pocahontus similarities is not literal, so im thinking along the lines of Rose’ “saving what you love”.

Also she has an EXCELLENT thread on her twitter about how she speculate the romance in her Uni class after TFA came out, i do think she’s legit!

PS - has anyone played Kingdom Hearts and how is it similar to TLJ?

Ok this is what she said re Kingdom Hearts

“KH deals heavily in light and darkness, neither are 'good or evil' but dependent of the person. Everyone has light and dark in them. It's a Disney based game, with VERY heavy concepts. I'd say the main similarity my friend was likely getting at was actually the light/dark thing and correspondence between Rey and Kylo being similar to Sora and Kairi. Lotta hand related stuff in that game. I could fish up some specifics. Been a long time since I played those games too.

Bear in mind "reminds me of" is the key phrase from the friend. Like "similar in tone to [ thing ]" - I know they've never meant like OH ITS [this] PLOT FROM [this thing]. Like when fans say "i'm getting [blank] vibes from this" XD

OH and where I drew tonal similarities for KH and VIII: Island with Light and Darkness. Sora and Kairi's hand touch across time and space. And the sort of "Even if we're apart, we're not alone anymore" line. Plus IDK about anyone else but Snoke gave me Ansem/Xemnas/Xehanort vibes like craaazy lol“

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 29 Dec 2018, 9:55 am

So far we have two film comparisons:

Logan's Run

Pocahontus
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Sat 29 Dec 2018, 2:17 pm

The Pocahontas rumor is so awesome because it maybe be means that someone is going to declare love in front of everyone.
I cheers cheers
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 29 Dec 2018, 10:15 pm

Interesting, Pocahontas disney movie is basically a Romeo Juliet star-crossed lover story, another comparison to add to our reylo laundry list lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Tue 01 Jan 2019, 4:20 am

As for the Pocahontas comparisons, i think Kylo gets to be executed in front of a large crowd of Rebellion supporters and Rey saves his life, similar to what Pocahontas did for John Smith when her father was about to pound Smith's head.

I played all of the kingdom hearts series and What I can say is, Ben is very similar to Riku. Both Ben and Riku were destined to be heroes of the light, both fell into darkness, the keyblade which originally was meant for Riku chose another to wield it like how the Skywalker lightsaber chose Rey, even if Riku fought Sora, Sora never gave up on him (they are best friends since childhood), he travelled the worlds to bring him back to the light. Riku was redeemed, he wields both light and dark inside of him, his Keyblade was called Way to the Dawn, which sums up his entire journey from KH1 to KH2.

so let's hope this means Rey won't give up on Ben and they both have a happy ending (not as friends but as lovers).

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 03 Jan 2019, 6:46 pm

although I enjoyed Pocahontas and his beautiful music the final, star wars will not end this way Smile
I firmly believe that Rey will find the belonging she is looking for in Ben Solo. Remaining separate after all that they have gone does not seem a nice way to end this saga. Pocahontas can help us understand the dynamics. In Pocahontas they are the two protagonists of the two factions that are fighting each other. Surely there will be a clash between the two, Rey is a warrior, but she certainly will not try to kill the man she loves. Ben Solo will be motivated by the anger he feels, but then surely, he will not be able to kill her because he is in love with her. I hope to see in the film, both the Resistance and the first order, understand that Rey and their emperor are in love Smile

Rather than leaving each other on their own path, the two will leave together, leaving everything behind, knowing that there are people who will succeed in restoring what has been destroyed. Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 04 Jan 2019, 9:57 am

There was a leak for "Frozen 2" which involved art work of Anna and Elsa and some people have also pointed out the leaves that are floating around them are also Pocahontas-esque, which of course with it being Disney through me tangentially back to the convo above. Anna also lost some of her braids, letting her hair down a little as well.

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 05 Jan 2019, 2:16 am

Jasons latest report, he confirms a Snow planet. OK i actually posted about this weeks ago and Jason made a report saying a Snow likely is unlikely, well atleast he has seen the evidence now!
But it did make me doubt my source for a bit...

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/01/star-wars-episode-ixs-snow-salt-or-ash-photos-from-black-park-trailer-might-be-near/

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 05 Jan 2019, 3:27 am

I find it funny how he says that they do not have permission to share trailer details....
Come on man, give us what we want Very Happy Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 05 Jan 2019, 8:40 am

it looks like starkiller....if this isn't for a flashback, it's official: they suck at worldbuilding.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 05 Jan 2019, 5:07 pm

Riri wrote:Jasons latest report, he confirms a Snow planet. OK i actually posted about this weeks ago and Jason made a report saying a Snow likely is unlikely, well atleast he has seen the evidence now!
But it did make me doubt my source for a bit...

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/01/star-wars-episode-ixs-snow-salt-or-ash-photos-from-black-park-trailer-might-be-near/
@Riri

if I think of the snow I can think of the duel between kylo ren and rey
if I think of the two of them fighting against each other, I think the last jedi in the scene where Ben and Rey fight together for each other. I always think "good, good fight, each other Mad .....so then you will fight to protect each other" Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 08 Jan 2019, 3:40 am

I saw this on Pacificwanderers Tumblr post with a link to a Reddit post (which I think has been nabbed off another post)

http://pacificwanderer.tumblr.com/post/181816798833/some-epix-leaks-and-speculation-another-crew

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/adlydr/my_christmas_presents_fresh_from_gfs_brothers/

So for those asking about the bottles:
The sand, and it is really fine sand is from a sacred place on a familiar planet. The beans are something to do with “A Jedi eater” whatever that means.

As far as I can make out the little bottle with ‘sand’ says ‘from a long time ago not so far away’ and the black beans says ‘swallows you up whole’ make of that what you will. There’s speculation of a creature that lives off Force Sensitives ?

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next