Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mandalorian, Disney+

+30
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
OrionStars
Lily Snape
Blood Moon
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Atenais
Kyla Ren
Teo oswald
MaddieDove
special_cases
12 Parsnips
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Starliteprism
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
californiagirl
MrsWindu
rey09
Forsythia
Man Without A Star
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
AhsokaTano
34 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ Empty The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 06 Aug 2018, 2:19 pm

It appears it will cost $100 million for 10 episodes for the premiere season.  Which tells me that it will have motion picture/movie quality.  I am now more intrigued!

"A live-action “Star Wars” series coming to the platform from Jon Favreau, the director of films like “Iron Man” and “The Jungle Book,” is expected to cost roughly $100 million for 10 episodes. “‘Star Wars’ is a big world, and Disney’s new streaming service affords a wonderful opportunity to tell stories that stretch out over multiple chapters,” Mr. Favreau said in an email. He added of Mr. Strauss: “Marketing is about telling a story, and his background in that area allows us to collaborate and create new content.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/business/media/disney-streaming-service-ricky-strauss.html

Credit to http://bastila-bae.tumblr.com/, where I first saw/discovered about this.

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 06 Aug 2018, 3:13 pm

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 06 Aug 2018, 5:39 pm

This was posted on StarWarsLeaks on reddit 4 days ago. I'd normally consider this post as "crack", but it checks out with what MSW has reported:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/93yovq/the_jon_favreau_series_will_be_about_mandalorians/

This is a leak that was given to me about two weeks ago, and I'm told that Making Star Wars should report on it very soon. Essentially, Jon Favreau's show will be centered around Mandalore, two years after the Battle of Endor. I don't have any other information on it, however. I understand if this post is removed or if it's labeled fake, but I absolutely guarantee that this news will drop very soon.

From what I can ascertain, the show being about Mandalore makes sense, as 2019 will be exploring Mandalore in other areas: The Clone Wars is coming back, which may feature the Siege of Mandalore arc, and the newly announced Master and Apprentice book may touch on Obi-Wan's past with Satine. Just my own speculation, not related to leaks at all.

Again, I totally understand if you don't believe me, but I am being entirety truthful! I can provide a decent amount of proof to the mods.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 08 Aug 2018, 4:00 am

@ISeeAnIsland - whooo thanks for sharing!!! I need to get on to watching the clone wars so I can learn about the Mandalorians! (finally!)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 09 Aug 2018, 4:30 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Also heard this but take with grain /pinch of salt until confirmed :
https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/rumor-live-action-star-wars-series-to-be-about-mandalorians-after-the-fall-of-the-empire/
@AhsokaTano

ISeeAnIsland wrote:This was posted on StarWarsLeaks on reddit 4 days ago. I'd normally consider this post as "crack", but it checks out with what MSW has reported:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/93yovq/the_jon_favreau_series_will_be_about_mandalorians/

This is a leak that was given to me about two weeks ago, and I'm told that Making Star Wars should report on it very soon. Essentially, Jon Favreau's show will be centered around Mandalore, two years after the Battle of Endor. I don't have any other information on it, however. I understand if this post is removed or if it's labeled fake, but I absolutely guarantee that this news will drop very soon.

From what I can ascertain, the show being about Mandalore makes sense, as 2019 will be exploring Mandalore in other areas: The Clone Wars is coming back, which may feature the Siege of Mandalore arc, and the newly announced Master and Apprentice book may touch on Obi-Wan's past with Satine. Just my own speculation, not related to leaks at all.

Again, I totally understand if you don't believe me, but I am being entirety truthful! I can provide a decent amount of proof to the mods.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think it may be true. It's the budget compared to Game of Trones which reminded me of something.

Mandalore's storyline was several times likened to GoT:
- By voice actor Vanessa Marshall (Hera in Rebels), "Star Wars Rebels Season 4 is Like 'Mandalorian Game of Thrones'"
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-4-game-thrones/

- By Dave Filoni who said that the Kyrze secret family tree that he has created is very much like Game of Thrones.
Here is the fun, the video is no more available, but this is the link if one of you know how to recover deleted youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMFfWJxI71U

(Or else, @spacebaby45678 and @TheBastardofMandalore , I found this video in your discussion in the Rey Kenobi thread, by any chance do you have saved it?)

I feel that Disney would want to use GoT popularity and sucess (like Amazon with Lord of the Rings or Netflix with the Witcher) to create their own GoT in Star Wars with Mandalore's culture.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 09 Aug 2018, 1:19 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Also heard this but take with grain /pinch of salt until confirmed :
https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/rumor-live-action-star-wars-series-to-be-about-mandalorians-after-the-fall-of-the-empire/
@AhsokaTano

ISeeAnIsland wrote:This was posted on StarWarsLeaks on reddit 4 days ago. I'd normally consider this post as "crack", but it checks out with what MSW has reported:

@ISeeAnIsland

I think it may be true. It's the budget compared to Game of Trones which reminded me of something.

Mandalore's storyline was several times likened to GoT:
- By voice actor Vanessa Marshall (Hera in Rebels), "Star Wars Rebels Season 4 is Like 'Mandalorian Game of Thrones'"
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-4-game-thrones/

- By Dave Filoni who said that the Kyrze secret family tree that he has created is very much like Game of Thrones.
Here is the fun, the video is no more available, but this is the link if one of you know how to recover deleted youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMFfWJxI71U

(Or else, @spacebaby45678 and @TheBastardofMandalore , I found this video in your discussion in the Rey Kenobi thread, by any chance do you have saved it?)

I feel that Disney would want to use GoT popularity and sucess (like Amazon with Lord of the Rings or Netflix with the Witcher) to create their own GoT in Star Wars with Mandalore's culture.
@LadyGaufrette

I will see if I can find the video. But if it has been deleted or removed from YouTube, by Disney or the original poster,  then most likely it’s gone for good. I’ll say this though, from my 2 years of experience posting in the Rey Kenobi thread, it’s  not the first time juicy/telling info has disappeared from the internet. Especially when it comes to the Mandalore/Kryze/Kenobi connection.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:12 am

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:26 am

I think it's about time they announced the title and story synopsis if they are shooting it.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:03 am

@Man Without A Star
I wouldn't count on it, we had to wait the end of shootings to know 'Solo' was the title, TFA and TLJ had finished most of their shootings before we knew their titles. Laughing
But maybe it's different for a TV serie. I wonder if they have a working title.

With the photo, it looks like we're on Tatooine but I don't see what kind of stories they could tell there post-ROTJ.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 30 Sep 2018, 5:37 pm

I saw people discuss about the photo set and theorize it could be Lothal.
The hints are the moisture vaporator, the grey walls, the manhole.
The Mandalorian, Disney+ Star-wars-rebels-405-406-bts-gallery-4_41b226f7
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwarsrebels/images/c/c5/The_Occupation_Concept_Art_04.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20171031054653

I think it's possible, furthermore Favreau and Filoni worked together on the serie apparently. If Mandalorians do appear, Sabine could be an entry point for them. We don't know exactly when Ahsoka joined Sabine but it is after Endor, and this serie is set to happen 3 years after Endor. I thought we will see the search for Ezra in another animated serie by Filoni, but I'm starting to wonder that maybe this serie is where we'll see those events.
How would you feel about that?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 03 Oct 2018, 6:57 pm

Jon Favreau just posted the title and synopsis on Instagram:

The Mandalorian, Disney+ Theman11

"... set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order". I wonder how soon we will get new "this character is Rey's mother/father" theories Very Happy

Last edited by Forsythia on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 03 Oct 2018, 7:12 pm

Forsythia wrote:Jon Favreau just posted the title and synopsis on Instagram:

@Forsythia

Yay! So exciting! cheers I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Thu 04 Oct 2018, 12:46 am

Oh yes! I hope we also get some look at the politics of Mandalore.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 04 Oct 2018, 3:22 am

Man Without A Star wrote:I think it's about time they announced the title and story synopsis if they are shooting it.
@Man Without A Star

LadyGaufrette wrote:@Man Without A Star
I wouldn't count on it, we had to wait the end of shootings to know 'Solo' was the title, TFA and TLJ had finished most of their shootings before we knew their titles. Laughing
@LadyGaufrette

Well, I stand corrected. Laughing
Now I want to know more about the story.

Pedro Pascal is rumored to be a main character in the serie, maybe he is the lone gunfighter.
https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/has-game-of-thrones-pedro-pascal-been-cast-in-the-live-action-star-wars-television-series/
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 04 Oct 2018, 3:33 am

Forsythia wrote:Jon Favreau just posted the title and synopsis on Instagram:

"... set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order". I wonder how soon we will get new "this character is Rey's mother/father" theories Very Happy
@Forsythia

Great find Forsythia!
This made me think of Cobb Vanth from the Aftermath trilogy.. he was Sheriff of Freetown (Tatooine) .. maybe it's coincidence, but he finds a mandalorian suit of armor and this is what helps him to step up and fight the criminals!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 04 Oct 2018, 8:17 am

Am sooo excited ! Thanks for posting this @Forsythia
It’s finally happening ! A series which will ( hopefully) explore mandalore ! I think this sounds really promising . I know am biased because I love Star Wars but am looking forward too to my non Star Wars friends watching this because they don’t know anything about Mandalore or Mandalorians and I think they’ll be in for a real treat especially if we get to explore the politics ,culture , the legends ( darksaber & mandalorian wars ). Moreover a tv series is perfect to do this because you have more time to go in depth even if the experience is in flashbacks . Fantastic news! Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 04 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
The Mandalorian, Disney+ Faadb910
I love the brown armor!

I’m wondering if this is going to be a character we’ve already met in the Star Wars universe or a all new character? Either way, I’m sure Jon, Dave and Kathleen have some fun surprises in store for us. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 04 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
The Mandalorian, Disney+ Faadb910
I love the brown armor!

I’m wondering if this is going to be a character we’ve already met in the Star Wars universe or a all new character? Either way, I’m sure Jon, Dave and Kathleen have some fun surprises in store for us. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

Just saw the news! And look, there are women and POC set to direct, finally! Including Taiki Waititi!

KK and Filoni are both producers on the show, and Filoni is directing the first episode, so maybe the people who complain they want him in charge of everything can be happy too. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 04 Oct 2018, 10:13 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
Man Without A Star wrote:I think it's about time they announced the title and story synopsis if they are shooting it.
@Man Without A Star

@LadyGaufrette

Well, I stand corrected. Laughing
Now I want to know more about the story.

Pedro Pascal is rumored to be a main character in the serie, maybe he is the lone gunfighter.
https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/has-game-of-thrones-pedro-pascal-been-cast-in-the-live-action-star-wars-television-series/
@LadyGaufrette

omgg if pedro pascal is the lead id be very happy. sexyy man

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 05 Oct 2018, 12:36 am

Wow, I did not expect Taika Waititi after his commnets about not wanting to direct SW after C&P were fired. I am stoked! Also, I am very happy for Filony and female directors!!! Although, I am surprised about the choice of Bryce Dallas Howard. Has she directed something before or is this her debut? Anyway, awesome news, the armor looks great and in general, the show is shaping up very nicely!
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:41 am

@Man Without A Star
She directed shorts but I discovered it today, so I was also surprised as you. I have to point out we had already met her father on a SW. Laughing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Howard
Maybe she is talented, but I have no work to judge her on TV serie and I have the feeling she got the position thanks to her father (like Kasdan'son and Lucas' daughter on TCW). She is a woman director so it is also a positive point for Lucasfilm.

@rey09
Plot twist, Pedro Pascal is the Mandalorian but never take off his armour, so we never see his face and body. Millions of voices cry out in grief.

I am happy with this image and with the directors, and it is nice to have more information.
With this image I see a man for the Mandalorian, do you agree?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:55 am

@LadyGaufrette

Yeah, Ron is often hit or miss for me, but I enjoyed Solo. I definetly need to check out her shorts to get a better sense of her style.

Agreed, that's definetly a man in the armor.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 05 Oct 2018, 4:04 am

Man Without A Star wrote:@LadyGaufrette

Yeah, Ron is often hit or miss for me, but I enjoyed Solo. I definetly need to check out her shorts to get a better sense of her style.

@Man Without A Star

You can find her shorts here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbMIQ5eHwY&list=PLcHEPfctcYwHZfBJ8864zt-jcfpPdsToV
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 05 Oct 2018, 4:14 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
Man Without A Star wrote:@LadyGaufrette

@Man Without A Star

You can find her shorts here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbMIQ5eHwY&list=PLcHEPfctcYwHZfBJ8864zt-jcfpPdsToV
@LadyGaufrette

Thanks!
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 05 Oct 2018, 7:36 am

She directed shorts but I discovered it today, so I was also surprised as you. I have to point out we had already met her father on a SW. Laughing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Howard
Maybe she is talented, but I have no work to judge her on TV serie and I have the feeling she got the position thanks to her father (like Kasdan'son and Lucas' daughter on TCW). She is a woman director so it is also a positive point for Lucasfilm.

@rey09
Plot twist, Pedro Pascal is the Mandalorian but never take off his armour, so we never see his face and body. Millions of voices cry out in grief.

I am happy with this image and with the directors, and it is nice to have more information.
With this image I see a man for the Mandalorian, do you agree?
@LadyGaufrette

Noooooooo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next