Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+64
DarthRen
OrionStars
cherrylipstick
SkyStar
thescavenger
spacebaby45678
fuhry
olyer
Casper
ISeeAnIsland
ImperialReylo713
KiraRen2015
bashfulblueeyes3
ladyMxx
Maria26
SoloSideCousin
YeeRees
DeeBee
Saracene
Darth Rowan
MaddieDove
TracylovesOUAT
12 Parsnips
Mila Lazarus
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
PalmettoBlue
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
giaciak2
tukicarreno
rey09
roguepixie
Forsythia
Moonjump05
californiagirl
Chris24601
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
justyou
Atenais
Lily Snape
Kessel
nickandnora
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Lovely_Rose
rawpowah
special_cases
Man Without A Star
Riri
vaderito
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
LadyGaufrette
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
68 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Maria26 Thu 15 Aug 2019, 12:32 am

loversinthestorm wrote:I guess everyone os different because I think a rogue one type of ending, while not hopeful is very beautiful and epic and more reylo than anything I dare to Hope.

That Said the First leak is a fill the blanks of real leaks and therefore more likely to be true
@loversinthestorm

But it's already be done. We don't need another ending like that.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 22 Aug 2019, 9:36 pm

Emphasis on Chandrila with the Star Wars Hotel, which....has not been seen in a SW movie, correct? (only mentioned, and if not in movies, only books and comics).  I do wonder if TRoS will conclude with with Ben and Rey residing on Chandrila (his birth planet, correct?), along with the MF

Source LaughingPlace.com twitter https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/1164725629880696833
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 ECnvyMHU4AA5MTO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 22 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Emphasis on Chandrila with the Star Wars Hotel, which....has not been seen in a SW movie, correct? (only mentioned, and if not in movies, only books and comics).  I do wonder if TRoS will conclude with with Ben and Rey residing on Chandrila (his birth planet, correct?), along with the MF

Source LaughingPlace.com twitter https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/1164725629880696833
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 ECnvyMHU4AA5MTO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ahhh! That would be so perfect... If only!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 22 Aug 2019, 10:17 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Emphasis on Chandrila with the Star Wars Hotel, which....has not been seen in a SW movie, correct? (only mentioned, and if not in movies, only books and comics).  I do wonder if TRoS will conclude with with Ben and Rey residing on Chandrila (his birth planet, correct?), along with the MF

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ahhh! That would be so perfect... If only!
@tukicarreno

I'm hoping!  This needs to click/make sense for the GA, and I'm wondering if it's because the name Chandrila will have a positive presence in TRoS, including the planet.

LOL a MF model next to it for scale.    Ben and Rey will live on Chandrila, and the MF will be their RV - home on the space road when they travel haha Very Happy Smile

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 ECn1g9tUcAAj_ja?format=jpg&name=360x360

Credit to carlye wisel LIVE @ D23Expo on Twitter

Link for the tweet, yet alert, there is cussing! Razz (it's a OMG angle haha)

https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1164731930991927296
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 22 Aug 2019, 10:23 pm

@giaciak2 @AhsokaTano

As you can see, the name is Halcyon. Quick research for me indicated it is "a mythical bird said by ancient writers to breed in a nest floating at sea at the winter solstice, charming the wind and waves into calm."

I hope you two can elaborate on this! Very Happy Smile (along with anyone else) You always have interesting insight on myths.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 23 Aug 2019, 2:26 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
@giaciak2
Thank you for posting the above about the Halcyon from Chandrila- very interesting name for the hotel ship and fact it’s from Chandrila ( Ben solo’s birth planet )- halcyon the mythical bird or king fisher was able to calm the wind and sea( sea of stars ? Space conflict ?storms associated with Skywalkers as the writer of Revenge of the Sith novel Mathew Stover tells us ) in winter ( associated with hades /raven king Kylo/ ). If we take bird to mean female woman ( very much implied in Count Dooku book Jedi Lost where he’s told that his issue is he needs a “bird “) and fish to mean men ( age of Pisces associated with man) then it means Rey is the kingfisher and this bird will nest and “breed “when the storm of winter has calmed down ( our winter king is kylo)and bring an idyllic peace and happiness. Porgs were probably foreshadowing what’s to come as they were nesting in the falcon . Falcon is home . A ship amongst the sea of stars . Sounds like this ship is one better as it’s a ship for more people or souls . It also reminds me of how the sanctuary II the asgardian vessel was taking the asgardians to find a safe place and new home before being split in two by Thanos and also how the skrulls and their families were looking for a new home in captain marvel and she said I will find you a new home . Hmm. Am
Wondering now if we will get similar scenario in Star Wars . This ship afloat in space with Rey, kylo and rest of survivors heading towards somewhere new ? A new home ? We have also seen this idea before in TLJ when the resistance were heading towards crait and trying to reach sanctuary - maybe we are going to see something on a bigger scale in TROS where it’s not just resistance but the peoples of the Star Wars galaxy seeking sanctuary . It’s all very Noah’s ark too - a ship built when God destroyed the world with a flood .... Maybe the war conflict ends the Star Wars galaxy and it ends with them coming to earth with Rey as leader and kylo/Ben as consort a long time ago ? It would also be a way to redeem Ben big time - save the galaxy and help find a new home if he follows Rey . Ties in big time too with Jesus saving the souls ( if Christ the King is both Rey and kylo ) and also the stars associated with Skywalker men ( which @spacebaby45678 kindly pointed out ) - Antares( bull) and Aldebaran ( the follower ). The bull that follows( lots of bull imagery around kylo) . So now Am expecting a throne /captain’s chair for Rey ( like Thor ) and Ben to be in the Loki position when they were in the sanctuary. Like poetry . It rhymes . The ship also and finding a new home could also symbolise the self , the body . Often when you dream Of houses in dreams they are supposed to represent your body , the house being an extension of the self ( like a shield ). It’s probably the same with a ship but a ship is more fluid . This ties in with whole project luminous and realising we are capable of so much more spiritually because we are spiritual beings( being human is just one vessel ) and the same energy or force that makes us , makes everything.Anyway We shall
See. My imagination running away with me as usual lol.
Anyone else have any ideas ? Very Happy

Important below :
Editing to add - I found this - oh absolutely wow!
https://www.greekmyths-greekmythology.com/the-myth-of-halcyon-the-halcyon-days/
Read especially about Halcyon and ceyx - the two kingfishers . Really epic and beautiful. TROS is gonna destroy me I think .
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 C6665010
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Eff16f10
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 C98f1310
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 5b87b110

Ceyx even goes to see an oracle just like kylo is rumoured to be doing - Love this ! I can totally see why Lucasfilm have held back on this until now because of the Halcyon associations.
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 821dec10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 9:17 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
@giaciak2
Thank you for posting the above about the Halcyon from Chandrila- very interesting name for the hotel ship and fact it’s from Chandrila ( Ben solo’s birth planet )- halcyon the mythical bird or king fisher was able to calm the wind and sea( sea of stars ? Space conflict ?storms associated with Skywalkers as the writer of Revenge of the Sith novel Mathew Stover tells us ) in winter ( associated with hades /raven king Kylo/ ). If we take bird to mean female woman ( very much implied in Count Dooku book Jedi Lost where he’s told that his issue is he needs a “bird “) and fish to mean men ( age of Pisces associated with man) then it means Rey is the kingfisher and this bird will nest and “breed “when the storm of winter has calmed down ( our winter king is kylo)and bring an idyllic peace and happiness. Porgs were probably foreshadowing what’s to come as they were nesting in the falcon . Falcon is home . A ship amongst the sea of stars . Sounds like this ship is one better as it’s a ship for more people or souls . It also reminds me of how the sanctuary II the asgardian vessel was taking the asgardians to find a safe place and new home before being split in two by Thanos and also how the skrulls and their families were looking for a new home in captain marvel and she said I will find you a new home . Hmm. Am
Wondering now if we will get similar scenario in Star Wars . This ship afloat in space with Rey, kylo and rest of survivors heading towards somewhere new ? A new home ? We have also seen this idea before in TLJ when the resistance were heading towards crait and trying to reach sanctuary - maybe we are going to see something on a bigger scale in TROS where it’s not just resistance but the peoples of the Star Wars galaxy seeking sanctuary . It’s all very Noah’s ark too - a ship built when God destroyed the world with a flood .... Maybe the war conflict ends the Star Wars galaxy and it ends with them coming to earth with Rey as leader and kylo/Ben as consort a long time ago ? It would also be a way to redeem Ben big time - save the galaxy and help find a new home if he follows Rey . Ties in big time too with Jesus saving the souls ( if Christ the King is both Rey and kylo ) and also the stars associated with Skywalker men ( which @spacebaby45678 kindly pointed out ) - Antares( bull) and Aldebaran ( the follower ). The bull that follows( lots of bull imagery around kylo) . So now Am expecting a throne /captain’s chair for Rey ( like Thor ) and Ben to be in the Loki position when they were in the sanctuary. Like poetry . It rhymes . The ship also and finding a new home could also symbolise the self , the body . Often when you dream Of houses in dreams they are supposed to represent your body , the house being an extension of the self ( like a shield ). It’s probably the same with a ship but a ship is more fluid . This ties in with whole project luminous and realising we are capable of so much more spiritually because we are spiritual beings( being human is just one vessel ) and the same energy or force that makes us , makes everything.Anyway We shall

Important below :
Editing to add - I found this - oh absolutely wow!
Read especially about Halcyon and ceyx - the two kingfishers . Really epic and beautiful. TROS is gonna destroy me I think .

Ceyx even goes to see an oracle just like kylo is rumoured to be doing - Love this ! I can totally see why Lucasfilm have held back on this until now because of the Halcyon associations.
@AhsokaTano

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

OMG! The last part about Ceyx that you discovered! Yes! They knew Reylos (and perspective fans) would do...what we are doing, and in many ways, it's a huge spoiler for TRoS. With less than 4 months now, DLF is thinking it's less of a big deal, if a year away sort of thing. EEK! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 9:18 am

@giaciak2
Thank you for posting the above about the Halcyon from Chandrila- very interesting name for the hotel ship and fact it’s from Chandrila ( Ben solo’s birth planet )- halcyon the mythical bird or king fisher was able to calm the wind and sea( sea of stars ? Space conflict ?storms associated with Skywalkers as the writer of Revenge of the Sith novel Mathew Stover  tells us )  in winter ( associated with hades /raven king Kylo/ ). If we take bird to mean female woman ( very much implied in Count Dooku book Jedi Lost  where he’s told that his issue is he needs a “bird “) and fish to mean men ( age of Pisces associated with man) then it means Rey is the kingfisher and this bird will  nest and “breed “when the storm of winter has calmed down ( our winter king is kylo)and bring an idyllic peace and happiness. Porgs were probably foreshadowing what’s to come as they were nesting in the falcon . Falcon is home . A ship amongst the sea of stars . Sounds like this ship is one better as it’s a ship for more people or souls . It also reminds me of how the  sanctuary II the asgardian vessel was taking the asgardians to find a safe place and new home before being split in two by Thanos and also how the skrulls and their families were looking for a new home in captain marvel and she said I will find you a new home . Hmm. Am
Wondering now if we will get similar scenario in Star Wars . This ship afloat in space with Rey, kylo and rest of survivors heading towards somewhere new ? A new home ? We have also seen this idea before in TLJ when the resistance were heading towards crait and trying to reach sanctuary - maybe we are going to see something on a bigger scale in TROS where it’s not just resistance but the peoples of the Star Wars galaxy seeking sanctuary . It’s all very Noah’s ark too - a ship built when God destroyed the world with a flood .... Maybe the war conflict ends the Star Wars galaxy and it ends with them coming to earth with Rey as leader and kylo/Ben as consort a long time ago ? It would also be a way to redeem Ben big time - save the galaxy  and help find a new home if he follows Rey . Ties in big time too with Jesus saving the souls ( if Christ the King is both Rey and kylo ) and also the stars associated with Skywalker men ( which @spacebaby45678 kindly pointed out ) - Antares( bull) and Aldebaran ( the follower ). The bull that follows( lots of bull imagery around kylo) . So now Am expecting a throne /captain’s chair for Rey ( like Thor ) and Ben to be in the Loki position when they were in the sanctuary. Like poetry . It rhymes . The ship also and finding a new home could also symbolise the self , the body . Often when you dream Of houses in dreams they are supposed to represent your body , the house being an extension of the self ( like a shield ). It’s probably the same with a ship but a ship is more fluid . This ties in with whole project luminous and realising we are capable of so much more spiritually because we are spiritual beings( being human is just one vessel ) and the same energy or force that makes us , makes everything.Anyway  We shall

Important below :
Editing to add - I found this - oh absolutely  wow!

Ceyx even goes to see an oracle just like kylo is rumoured to be doing -  Love this ! I can totally see why Lucasfilm have held back on this until now because of the Halcyon associations.
@AhsokaTano

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

OMG! The last part about Ceyx that you discovered!  Yes!  They knew Reylos (and perspective fans) would do...what we are doing, and in many ways, it's a huge spoiler for TRoS.  With less than 4 months now, DLF is thinking it's less of a big deal, if a year away sort of thing.  EEK! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:10 am

@AhsokaTano @SW_Heroine_Journey

Hi, thanks for tagging me.

I wanted to apologize to you, in recent weeks I have been around Europe for summer holidays. I couldn't answer you anymore.

But I have read all your comments and girls ... you are fantastic! This is the best forum in the world! I'm very happy to find you in this big and little world.

As for the Halcyon, many things I wanted to say have already told you AhsokaTano  Love . Wow they are fabulous. I didn't think they were so far.

Now I try to tell you some curiosity too.

Let's start with the name: Halcyon

In astronomy it is a star system in the Pleadi.

In botany it is a plant of the Asteraceae family.

Means of transport: In war it was a Torpedo boat of the Royal Palace, and also the name of a bomariere.
Alcyone was also the name of Jaques Yves Cousteau's ship

In music it is the name of a Brazilian artist.

Onomastica: It is a proper female person's name in Italian language: "Alcione".

In zoology, as has already been said by AhsokaTano, it corresponds to the Kingfisher (name taken from the Halcyon myth)

In the Araldica - it is a heraldic figure and indicates the swan, which when it is represented in its nest and floating on the water, takes the name of "Alcione". The Alcione symbolizes sweetness, happy marriage union and tranquility.

And now let's move on to the part I like best: the Myth.

There are two works that speak of Alcione.

The first comes from Greece. The work is the Metamorphosis of Ovid. AhsokaTano told you this story. Then I take it back to tell you some very moving parts.

The second "Alcyone" is a work by Gabriele D'Annunzio, poet, writer, playwright, journalist and Italian politician, famous Italian intellectual figure during the First World War. In this work artist celebrates the summer season, which represents the most flourishing phase of man's life. Poem passes from month to month: from June to September, immersing itself in an animistic representation of nature. It is alive, it is divine manifestation, it reflects the inner and outer events of man. Man joins the beauty of nature, belonging to and elevating himself to myth (like Alcyone), becoming part of the whole that lives and breathes in harmony and from this fusion the myth generates more myth.

Returning to the Metamorphosis of Ovid. Prepare handkerchiefs, I'm afraid this conclusion of Star Wars will break me in two.

The myth of Alcione and Ceice, told by Ovid is one of the most beautiful love stories of every age. (This is the second notice for take your handkerchief ...)

Alcione is the daughter of Aeolus, god of wind. Her husband Ceice is Lucifer's son: the morning star.

Alcione and Ceice love each other deeply, with a passion that knows no limits. When Ceice announces to his wife that he intends to embark to go and consult the oracle, his wife is desperate. She fears she will not see him again. She begs her husband to make the journey by land, or at least to take her with him. But Ceíce is determined to take path of the sea, and forbids Alcione to follow him, because it would be too dangerous. He kisses her and leaves. The farewell is heartbreaking.

After a seemingly peaceful departure, the sea breaks loose. Ceíce and his companions are overwhelmed by a violent storm. They are compared to the defenders of a city under siege: they try to resist, but, in the end, the sea wins. When Ceíce understands that death is near, think of Alcione, invoke her name. All his thoughts are turned to her. He knows he won't be able to return, he asks the gods that at least his body is returned to his wife.

At home, Alcione prays for him. Juno, tired of listening the invocations of a woman for her dead husband, sends Iris on a mission. Iris goes to the god of Sleep, because this reveals to Alcione the truth about her husband. The god sends one of his thousand sons, Morpheus, to the woman. It changes into Ceíce, but in the guise of a drowned man, with pale skin, vivid lips, water dripping from his body. Alcyone sees and understands it, and it is only at this moment that we realize how intimately profound the relationship between the two lovers was:

"Alcyone is no longer, he is no longer! - he cried - He died with his Ceíce. Stop with the words of comfort. [...] Because now, although I am here, I am dead, even though I am here I am also beaten by the waves and yet not being on the sea the sea swallows me up. "

Now, making a temporal leap of centuries, this kind of reaction, and the kind of relationship between the two lovers, reminded me of another very different love story, but in which the two protagonists live their love in the same way : as identification, as a feeling that unites two parts of one thing. I'm talking about Heathcliff and Catherine. I'm talking, of course, of Wuthering Heights, the famous novel by Emily Brontë.

Two halves of the same thing: does it remind you of anything?

And here is one of Catherine's most famous phrases:

"I am Heathcliff!"

She is Heathcliff. And there is nothing that can be done, their belonging is total and unavoidable. No one, not even death, is able to separate them. It seems to me that, somehow, the three stories can be juxtaposed.

Alcione and Ceice, saved by the gods and turned into a pair of birds that perpetuates their love in all the summers.

After the discovery of her husband's death, Alcione goes to the beach and sees her body in the sea. He throws himself to reach him, but now he already flies, because he has turned into a bird. With his beak he covers Ceíce's face with kisses, and perhaps he can hear them, because he lifts his head (from his corpse) and turns himself, into a kingfisher. After that
their love remained and continued to tie them to the same destiny, and the conjugal pact did not dissolve even now that they were birds.

It is therefore a story so tragic, but with a reconciling ending. A final that sings the triumph of love at all costs. And the same triumph there is in Wuthering Heights, though more gloomy, more sad and gothic. In any case, as Virgil said, "omnia vincit amor".

Alcyone and Ceice, Heathcliff and Catherine, Ben Solo and Rey. All three are two halves of one thing.

And now let us return to the alchemical symbol recalled by the heraldic figure of the swan:

The Swan is a very ancient symbol, among the most important and meaningful in an absolute sense. It is the complete realization of the One, having in itself the Masculine - the long neck that recalls the phallic symbol - as well as the Feminine - the white, candid and round body. The Swan thus symbolizes the absolute Androgynous, the perfect Egg of the World that blends in itself the two opposite poles, in perfection as well as in the tension of balance, in alchemical research.
The Swan is always the starting point, linked to birth and perfection, as well as to the cyclical nature of the cosmos: ancient populations saw their constellation point to the North Pole as a guide in the journey.

Sum it all up: Rey and Ben are two halves of one thing. If one dies it is as if the other also died, therefore if Ben will die sacrificing himself (and the swan, and the Greek myth of say he will do it), the other will invoke the gods who, maybe they will raise him up as a man, or else they will both transform into something mythical. Surely two birds, or the bird will be symbolic, and Ben and Rey, perhaps they both will lose the Force in this last metamorphosis, but they will fly away over that "bird" so loved by Han Solo: the Falcon (Hawk).

@spacebaby45678 Here is material for you Wink What do you think of all these fantastic myths and birds?

Last edited by giaciak2 on Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:22 am

giaciak2 wrote:@AhsokaTano @SW_Heroine_Journey

Hi, thanks for tagging me.

I wanted to apologize to you, in recent weeks I have been around Europe for summer holidays. I couldn't answer you anymore.

But I have read all your comments and girls ... you are fantastic! This is the best forum in the world! I'm very happy to find you in this big and little world.

As for the Halcyon, many things I wanted to say have already told you AhsokaTano  Love . Wow they are fabulous. I didn't think they were so far.

Now I try to tell you some curiosity too.

Let's start with the name: Halcyon

In astronomy it is a star system in the Pleadi.

In botany it is a plant of the Asteraceae family.

Means of transport: In war it was a Torpedo boat of the Royal Palace, and also the name of a bomariere.
Alcyone was also the name of Jaques Yves Cousteau's ship

In music it is the name of a Brazilian artist.

Onomastica: It is a proper female person's name in Italian language: "Alcione".

In zoology, as has already been said by AhsokaTano, it corresponds to the Kingfisher (name taken from the Halcyon myth)

In the Araldica - it is a heraldic figure and indicates the swan, which when it is represented in its nest and floating on the water, takes the name of "Alcione". The Alcione symbolizes sweetness, happy marriage union and tranquility.

And now let's move on to the part I like best: the Myth.

There are two works that speak of Alcione.

The first comes from Greece. The work is the Metamorphosis of Ovid. AhsokaTano told you this story. Then I take it back to tell you some very moving parts.

The second "Alcyone" is a work by Gabriele D'Annunzio, poet, writer, playwright, journalist and Italian politician, famous Italian intellectual figure during the First World War. In this work artist celebrates the summer season, which represents the most flourishing phase of man's life. Poem passes from month to month: from June to September, immersing itself in an animistic representation of nature. It is alive, it is divine manifestation, it reflects the inner and outer events of man. Man joins the beauty of nature, belonging to and elevating himself to myth (like Alcyone), becoming part of the whole that lives and breathes in harmony and from this fusion the myth generates more myth.

Returning to the Metamorphosis of Ovid. Prepare handkerchiefs, I'm afraid this conclusion of Star Wars will break me in two.

The myth of Alcione and Ceice, told by Ovid is one of the most beautiful love stories of every age. (This is the second notice for take your handkerchief ...)

Alcione is the daughter of Aeolus, god of wind. Her husband Ceice is Lucifer's son: the morning star.

Alcione and Ceice love each other deeply, with a passion that knows no limits. When Ceice announces to his wife that he intends to embark to go and consult the oracle, his wife is desperate. She fears she will not see him again. She begs her husband to make the journey by land, or at least to take her with him. But Ceíce is determined to take path of the sea, and forbids Alcione to follow him, because it would be too dangerous. He kisses her and leaves. The farewell is heartbreaking.

After a seemingly peaceful departure, the sea breaks loose. Ceíce and his companions are overwhelmed by a violent storm. They are compared to the defenders of a city under siege: they try to resist, but, in the end, the sea wins. When Ceíce understands that death is near, think of Alcione, invoke her name. All his thoughts are turned to her. He knows he won't be able to return, he asks the gods that at least his body is returned to his wife.

At home, Alcione prays for him. Juno, tired of listening the invocations of a woman for her dead husband, sends Iris on a mission. Iris goes to the god of Sleep, because this reveals to Alcione the truth about her husband. The god sends one of his thousand sons, Morpheus, to the woman. It changes into Ceíce, but in the guise of a drowned man, with pale skin, vivid lips, water dripping from his body. Alcyone sees and understands it, and it is only at this moment that we realize how intimately profound the relationship between the two lovers was:

"Alcyone is no longer, he is no longer! - he cried - He died with his Ceíce. Stop with the words of comfort. [...] Because now, although I am here, I am dead, even though I am here I am also beaten by the waves and yet not being on the sea the sea swallows me up. "

Now, making a temporal leap of centuries, this kind of reaction, and the kind of relationship between the two lovers, reminded me of another very different love story, but in which the two protagonists live their love in the same way : as identification, as a feeling that unites two parts of one thing. I'm talking about Heathcliff and Catherine. I'm talking, of course, of Wuthering Heights, the famous novel by Emily Brontë.

Two halves of the same thing: does it remind you of anything?

And here is one of Catherine's most famous phrases:

"I am Heathcliff!"

She is Heathcliff. And there is nothing that can be done, their belonging is total and unavoidable. No one, not even death, is able to separate them. It seems to me that, somehow, the three stories can be juxtaposed.

Alcione and Ceice, saved by the gods and turned into a pair of birds that perpetuates their love in all the summers.

After the discovery of her husband's death, Alcione goes to the beach and sees her body in the sea. He throws himself to reach him, but now he already flies, because he has turned into a bird. With his beak he covers Ceíce's face with kisses, and perhaps he can hear them, because he lifts his head (from his corpse) and turns himself, into a kingfisher. After that
their love remained and continued to tie them to the same destiny, and the conjugal pact did not dissolve even now that they were birds.

It is therefore a story so tragic, but with a reconciling ending. A final that sings the triumph of love at all costs. And the same triumph there is in Wuthering Heights, though more gloomy, more sad and gothic. In any case, as Virgil said, "omnia vincit amor".

Alcyone and Ceice, Heathcliff and Catherine, Ben Solo and Rey. All three are two halves of one thing.

And now let us return to the alchemical symbol recalled by the heraldic figure of the swan:

The Swan is a very ancient symbol, among the most important and meaningful in an absolute sense. It is the complete realization of the One, having in itself the Masculine - the long neck that recalls the phallic symbol - as well as the Feminine - the white, candid and round body. The Swan thus symbolizes the absolute Androgynous, the perfect Egg of the World that blends in itself the two opposite poles, in perfection as well as in the tension of balance, in alchemical research.
The Swan is always the starting point, linked to birth and perfection, as well as to the cyclical nature of the cosmos: ancient populations saw their constellation point to the North Pole as a guide in the journey.

Sum it all up: Rey and Ben are two halves of one thing. If one dies it is as if the other also died, therefore if Ben will die sacrificing himself (and the swan, and the Greek myth of say he will do it), the other will invoke the gods who, maybe they will raise him up as a man, or else they will both transform into something mythical. Surely two birds, or the bird will be symbolic, and Ben and Rey, perhaps they both will lose the Force in this last metamorphosis, but they will fly away over that "bird" so loved by Han Solo: the Falcon (Hawk).
@giaciak2

No apology necessary!!! HUGS!!!

And with all you wrote!!..... Shocked Sad bounce (happy tears though!) So beautiful!!

OMG...WOW..if this occurs in TRoS. It's odd, I'm OK with both of they dying IF they both become immortal beings which bring true happiness and safety for the GFFA. (and balance, healing for the Force)...

I feel torn, a part of me wants the movie ending with them alive, hints of a baby (or babies) to come, and another part of me wants this huge epic mythic ending. Ugh lol! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:50 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

OMG...WOW..if this occurs in TRoS.  It's odd, I'm OK with both of they dying IF they both become immortal beings which bring true happiness and safety for the GFFA.  (and balance, healing for the Force)...

I feel torn, a part of me wants the movie ending with them alive, hints of a baby (or babies) to come, and another part of me wants this huge epic mythic ending. Ugh lol! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Like you I would like to see Ben and Rey, transformed into humans without strength, but happy. It would still be a metamorphosis, especially for Ben, who venerated his own power, but this was also his prison. So if it were an alchemical language, the sequence is Nigredo (Black), Albedo (white), Rubedo (Red), That is: Death / putrefaction, Purification, Rebirth / Consummation of the Work.

But in alchemy the three states are crossed with metaphorical death and metamorphosis.

For this reason, in my opinion, death will be real for Kylo Ren, but Ben Solo will be reborn (rise?) as a man. The myth will be what will be told about him, but he and Rey will live as husband and wife on the Falcon.

If we remember on Vanity Fair there was the image of Kylo at sunset (Rubedo) and the image of Rey at dawn (albedo).

If my interpretation is correct, Ben Solo will be the philosopher's stone of the saga. It will be the finished work. The realization of the will of Force.

If the nigredo consisted of putrefaction and the albedo in distillation, the rubedo occurs by sublimation under the effect of fire, that is of Spirit. It is symbolized by the phoenix, or by a pelican, an egg, a red rose, or a king crowned.

In the field of analytical psychology developed by Jung, the rubedo represents the archetype of Self conquered at peak of the process of individuation, when the fusion between ego and Self takes place, symbolized by a red man and a white woman. It is the union of opposites, the point where the person not only reclaims the unconscious material that was deceptively projected outside, but consciously re-elaborates it at a higher level, opening up to love.

He thus comes to discover his true nature, receiving the manifestation of ego in its entirety.

Returning to the myth of "Alcione and Ceice". Once they turn into birds they fly over the sea and find a sheltered place to nest. Since the kingfisher nest in summer time, it is said that Aeolus, the god of the winds and father of Alcina, subsides to protect his grandchildren.

So for me, if we got right with the myth, there will also be Reylo baby ...  Jumping  Jumping

@spacebaby45678  I remember that these symbols are represented with tarot cards but I don't remember which ones anymore. Maybe you can help us.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 23 Aug 2019, 11:50 am

@giaciak2
@SW_Heroine_Journey
@spacebaby45678
I reckon we have got the right myth or at least Halcyon and ceyx forms a big part of the Rey and kylo story which is why this reveal of the star liner and its name has only come about now . The part where ceyx goes into the sea could easily be changed to a ship in the sea of stars and also there’s even a scene where Morpheus sends a dream version of ceyx back to Halcyon to let her know he’s passed on elsewhere . When I read that part I thought force bond and how they just appear to each other across the galaxy wherever they are . It also ties in with mortis gods and how they were able to transform into flying creatures . It’s just urgh wonderful and Epic . Smile
And I love how once they fly away they go off to nest and Aeolus watches over his grandchildren suggesting reylo babies . Have no idea how they will translate this to Ben and Rey but I think they will be following this myth because it also ties in so nicely with whole luminous beings are idea , transcendence and enlightenment . I think this quote below from Philip Pullman’s Northern lights trilogy sums up Ben and Rey too ( they remind me of will and Lyra too ).

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 348f0d10
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Df434210
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 86184410
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Ae93af10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:02 pm

@AhsokaTano

It is so beautiful that moves me. I hope we're right.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:22 pm

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Z

Wow...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:55 pm

@spacebaby45678
AWWWWWWW! Great vision!

The doubt that is coming to me at this point is that they are, in some way, the transmigration of Anakin and Padme soul. Someone on Twitter has tweeted the comparison between the images that Rey sees in the mirror and coincides with Anakin and Padme.

https://twitter.com/Cutie44691567/status/1159957982010052608?s=20
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:56 pm

giaciak2 wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

OMG...WOW..if this occurs in TRoS.  It's odd, I'm OK with both of they dying IF they both become immortal beings which bring true happiness and safety for the GFFA.  (and balance, healing for the Force)...

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Like you I would like to see Ben and Rey, transformed into humans without strength, but happy. It would still be a metamorphosis, especially for Ben, who venerated his own power, but this was also his prison. So if it were an alchemical language, the sequence is Nigredo (Black), Albedo (white), Rubedo (Red), That is: Death / putrefaction, Purification, Rebirth / Consummation of the Work.

But in alchemy the three states are crossed with metaphorical death and metamorphosis.

For this reason, in my opinion, death will be real for Kylo Ren, but Ben Solo will be reborn (rise?) as a man. The myth will be what will be told about him, but he and Rey will live as husband and wife on the Falcon.

If we remember on Vanity Fair there was the image of Kylo at sunset (Rubedo) and the image of Rey at dawn (albedo).

If my interpretation is correct, Ben Solo will be the philosopher's stone of the saga. It will be the finished work. The realization of the will of Force.

If the nigredo consisted of putrefaction and the albedo in distillation, the rubedo occurs by sublimation under the effect of fire, that is of Spirit. It is symbolized by the phoenix, or by a pelican, an egg, a red rose, or a king crowned.

In the field of analytical psychology developed by Jung, the rubedo represents the archetype of Self conquered at peak of the process of individuation, when the fusion between ego and Self takes place, symbolized by a red man and a white woman. It is the union of opposites, the point where the person not only reclaims the unconscious material that was deceptively projected outside, but consciously re-elaborates it at a higher level, opening up to love.

He thus comes to discover his true nature, receiving the manifestation of ego in its entirety.

Returning to the myth of "Alcione and Ceice". Once they turn into birds they fly over the sea and find a sheltered place to nest. Since the kingfisher nest in summer time, it is said that Aeolus, the god of the winds and father of Alcina, subsides to protect his grandchildren.

So for me, if we got right with the myth, there will also be Reylo baby ...  Jumping  Jumping

@spacebaby45678  I remember that these symbols are represented with tarot cards but I don't remember which ones anymore. Maybe you can help us.
@giaciak2

OOOh! So a combination of both? They are immortal beings, and then they become mortal again, including having a baby (babies). LOVE IT! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 23 Aug 2019, 1:02 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey I hope so... Love Love Jumping
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 27 Aug 2019, 8:11 pm

Of all locations, attractionsmagazine.com is the source of my crack theory. It's their review of Delilah S. Dawson’s novel, “Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire, which is very spoiler heavy. However, Delilah wants us to know all in this article because I found it thanks to her tweet sharing it. lol

2. Savi, proprietor of Savi’s Scrapyard, and the secret Savi’s Workshop, and Lor San Tekka, the old man from the beginning of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” grew up together and shared the same ideals and belief in the Force. Lor helped Luke find the original Jedi temples on Ahch-to, and covered his tracks until Poe and BB-8 retrieved the map to Luke from him – which we see in “The Force Awakens.”

In the novel, one of the Gatherers (builders of lightsabers in Savi’s Workshop) tries to convince Savi to give Vi and the Resistance the lightsabers that Savi secretly sells. He refuses, saying the Gatherers need to help keep the balance of the force by not shifting the scales, but also that they would one day play their part in the ‘grander scheme.’

For one, ?? Can Lor San Tekka become a Force Ghost too?

And 'grander scheme' with the Gatherers, yet they cannot become involved at this point in the ST or they will shift the scales?? I am thinking that will be in TRoS, yet who knows, maybe it will only be in books and comics. Smile Very Happy

https://attractionsmagazine.com/galaxys-edge-black-spire-8-things/
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 05 Sep 2019, 1:47 pm

Someone mentioned interest in Crash of Fate, yet only if a HEA.  I thought it was one person and tagged them, and I was incorrect (ditzy/senior brain strikes again! lol)

Anyway, for that person (sorry I cannot remember, not personal...I promise!), or all if interested:

Lizzy and Jules have a romantic HEA! In fact, the book ends with both of them having their own spaceships - lol - (Two people in love with an independent adventurous streak) and feeling the stirrings to join the Resistance.

Crack theory for TROS: I will not be surprised if it's revealed, as a easter egg, that their ships are one of the many seen in TRoS when a bunch of Resistance ships join the fight. Because I am reading a description of the ships, I have no idea if I will ever visually spot them; however, it is strongly implied, and I am counting on SW eventually pointing it out in a book or comic. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 17 Sep 2019, 4:48 am

I’ve just seen this circulating on twitter - it’s from 4chan but God knows how I’d like the scene of Kylo rushing to Rey and holding her in his arms to be true lol!
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 96fbee10
source
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 Sep 2019, 9:43 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 25 Sep 2019, 10:08 am

@AhsokaTano

lol! I think you'll love this!

Ben mirrors Drax, and Hercules, with killing beasts from the inside out. Great summary of the new comic here (spoilers, of course)

https://emperorren.tumblr.com/post/187939027101/disneyownsmyass-kylo-comic-spoiler-alert-we
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:55 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
lol! This comic is giving me life ! Razz Ha ha ha ! You’re right ! I love it ! cheers
Kylo has the snark of his grandpa and the reckless tricksy behaviour of his dad . Razz
Can’t wait to get my copy . Lol! This is the first work we’ve seen that shows us Supreme leader Kylo right ? As the other comics are set in the past ? Hope this is the Ben/kylo
We see in TROS!
Also interesting is the scene of Ben/Kylo emerging from the belly of the beast - is this a metaphorical rebirth for him? We shall see .... Very Happy
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:49 pm

lol! This comic is giving me life ! Razz  Ha ha ha ! You’re right ! I love it ! cheers
Kylo has the snark of his grandpa and the reckless tricksy behaviour of his dad . Razz
Can’t wait to get my copy . Lol! This is the first work we’ve seen that shows us Supreme leader Kylo right ? As the other comics are set in the past ? Hope this is the Ben/kylo
We see in TROS!
Also interesting is the scene of Ben/Kylo emerging from the belly of the beast - is this a metaphorical rebirth for him? We shall see .... Very Happy
@AhsokaTano

I'm not certain of the timeline.  I actually think it's pre-TFA. Uh...not sure!

The intro paragraph mentions Ben more than Kylo A LOT, which I love!  (Plus, emphasizing he is Leia and Han's kid)  The wording too, his path in the darkness is only temporary! Very Happy

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 26 Screen51
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 25 Sep 2019, 7:37 pm

I keep seeing the Imposter Kylo theory cropping up. There's the contrast between all the clips, photos, and stills being maskless, but all the posters and promo have the mask. Someone suggested it could be Matt Smith. So... Palpatine possessing Matt Smith in the Kylo costume? Honestly, I don't hate the concept.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next