Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

+52
Kylo Rey
PalmettoBlue
Maria26
grimbergen
guardienne
snufkin
unicorn
Birdwoman
EchoBase
Chris24601
Kessel
motherofpearl1
Saracene
YeeRees
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
12 Parsnips
DarthRen
bruna8728
Gemini
SW_Heroine_Journey
DeeBee
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
AhsokaTano
Walflarck
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Starliteprism
MaddieDove
Geralt_Riv
Tex
Lily Snape
fuhry
nickandnora
Armadeus
Forsythia
justyou
californiagirl
madeinmn
ZioRen
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
giaciak2
special_cases
SkyStar
BenRey
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
LadyGaufrette
56 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:08 pm

Good lord is the "Women Now Empowered By Everything A Woman Does" argument when it comes to the OT and PT so f**king tired. Leia's one of the all time greatest female characters period and she completely subverts how women were treated in the Boy's Club of the 1970s. At least up until the point George Lucas broke out the metal bikini. But please show me anywhere in the OT or PT where women are allowed to have a conversation or interact? Other than Leia we get one scene each for Aunt Beru (who then gets killed as part of Luke's arc) and Mon Mothma. The PT does the best in terms of the Bechdel Test with Padme and her handmaidens. But then she and Shmi both get fridged in order to get Vader from point A to point evil. The best they've done so far are Rey's scenes with Maz and Leia, Leia and Holdo, and the sex talk scene in Solo (yes that counts as passing b/c it's actually women having a conversation about their internal lives). Otherwise there's a long way for LF to catch up with its portrayal of women on screen, hence the tiresome "Rey has to do _______" "Rey has to be a role model" discourse for little girls along with dudebros freaking out about girls in their Star Wars. I'm so glad JJ showed that picture of Rey and Rose because those two need a peer and anybody who's seen Felicity knows the best part of that show were her friendships with Megan and Elena.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:36 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:
snufkin wrote:Without spoilers/leaks or even any marketing material available yet, this would be my current running list of expectations:

Time jump and opening allows for Rose & Finn to be a couple and for Rose and Rey to become friends which finally has the franchise showing two women just getting to hang out/talk & not be there in the service of the male characters
@snufkin

sorry but when where women in the service of the male characters in SW????
it's just unfair, when SW always was gender equal story, with Leia, Padme and Rey, and we have women friendship in TLJ too
@Anakin Skywalker

I believe snufkin is referencing the Bechdel Test, which is that 2 women need to interact in a movie and discuss anything other than the men & relationships in their lives. It gives more substance to the female roles and male characters interact all the time without talking about women. Surprisingly most movies, even newer movies don't pass the Bechdel Test.

So Leia is a great, strong character, no doubt about it, but she never interacts with another (named) female character... neither does Padme. People are waiting to see how the Leia & Rey, and more specifically Rey & Rose scenes turn out. Will they talk about something other than what's going on between them & the men in their lives.
@SheLitAFire

Sorry, but this is Holdo erasure. Laughing
Unless you were only referencing the OT?

snufkin wrote:Good lord is the "Women Now Empowered By Everything A Woman Does" argument when it comes to the OT and PT so f**king tired. Leia's one of the all time greatest female characters period and she completely subverts how women were treated in the Boy's Club of the 1970s. At least up until the point George Lucas broke out the metal bikini. But please show me anywhere in the OT or PT where women are allowed to have a conversation or interact? Other than Leia we get one scene each for Aunt Beru (who then gets killed as part of Luke's arc) and Mon Mothma. The PT does the best in terms of the Bechdel Test with Padme and her handmaidens. But then she and Shmi both get fridged in order to get Vader from point A to point evil. The best they've done so far are Rey's scenes with Maz and Leia, Leia and Holdo, and the sex talk scene in Solo (yes that counts as passing b/c it's actually women having a conversation about their internal lives).  Otherwise there's a long way for LF to catch up with its portrayal of women on screen, hence the tiresome "Rey has to do _______" "Rey has to be a role model" discourse for little girls along with dudebros freaking out about girls in their Star Wars. I'm so glad JJ showed that picture of Rey and Rose because those two need a peer and anybody who's seen Felicity knows the best part of that show were her friendships with Megan and Elena.
@snufkin

You know what is the worst? In the PT there are several cut scenes were Padme interacts with women. In AoTC she talk with her sister and her mother I believe. And in RoTS, she talk with Mon Mothma about what will become the Rebellion. I still haven't forgiven George about that.

This is why I was so happy to see a photo of Rey and Rose together, maybe the girls will have adventures on their own.
What will be even better is if Carrie's daughter character was also with them.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:40 pm

@LadyGaufrette Yeah the scenes of her with her family or even how she was broody/wanted children like her sisters got cut because it wasn't essential to the plot supposedly. Which WTF that explains far more easily why she gave into Anakin in the end than the whole dumb speech about falling in love with him. It's like the scene in Solo with L3 and Qi'ra which people b**** endlessly about - the point was women finally giving voice to their inner most feelings/wishes and more important, sets up Qi'ra's arc because she's branded/bound to Crimson Dawn.

One thing with the teaser that I think is a big question, but where are the Golden Dice? Because I expect those to appear in the movie and have to do with Ben coming to terms with who he is.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:53 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:
snufkin wrote:Without spoilers/leaks or even any marketing material available yet, this would be my current running list of expectations:

Time jump and opening allows for Rose & Finn to be a couple and for Rose and Rey to become friends which finally has the franchise showing two women just getting to hang out/talk & not be there in the service of the male characters
@snufkin

it's just unfair, when SW always was gender equal story, with Leia, Padme and Rey, and we have women friendship in TLJ too
@Anakin Skywalker

I believe snufkin is referencing the Bechdel Test, which is that 2 women need to interact in a movie and discuss anything other than the men & relationships in their lives. It gives more substance to the female roles and male characters interact all the time without talking about women. Surprisingly most movies, even newer movies don't pass the Bechdel Test.

So Leia is a great, strong character, no doubt about it, but she never interacts with another (named) female character... neither does Padme. People are waiting to see how the Leia & Rey, and more specifically Rey & Rose scenes turn out. Will they talk about something other than what's going on between them & the men in their lives.
@SheLitAFire

snufkin wrote:Good lord is the "Women Now Empowered By Everything A Woman Does" argument when it comes to the OT and PT so f**king tired. Leia's one of the all time greatest female characters period and she completely subverts how women were treated in the Boy's Club of the 1970s. At least up until the point George Lucas broke out the metal bikini. But please show me anywhere in the OT or PT where women are allowed to have a conversation or interact? Other than Leia we get one scene each for Aunt Beru (who then gets killed as part of Luke's arc) and Mon Mothma. The PT does the best in terms of the Bechdel Test with Padme and her handmaidens. But then she and Shmi both get fridged in order to get Vader from point A to point evil. The best they've done so far are Rey's scenes with Maz and Leia, Leia and Holdo, and the sex talk scene in Solo (yes that counts as passing b/c it's actually women having a conversation about their internal lives).  Otherwise there's a long way for LF to catch up with its portrayal of women on screen, hence the tiresome "Rey has to do _______" "Rey has to be a role model" discourse for little girls along with dudebros freaking out about girls in their Star Wars. I'm so glad JJ showed that picture of Rey and Rose because those two need a peer and anybody who's seen Felicity knows the best part of that show were her friendships with Megan and Elena.
@snufkin

You know what is the worst? In the PT there are several cut scenes were Padme interacts with women. In AoTC she talk with her sister and her mother I believe. And in RoTS, she talk with Mon Mothma about what will become the Rebellion. I still haven't forgiven George about that.

This is why I was so happy to see a photo of Rey and Rose together, maybe the girls will have adventures on their own.
@LadyGaufrette

Yeah..... though that conversation still has to do with Poe for part of it.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:15 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
LadyGaufrette wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@snufkin

@Anakin Skywalker

@SheLitAFire

@snufkin

@LadyGaufrette

Yeah..... though that conversation still has to do with Poe for part of it.
@SheLitAFire

True, though I had more in mind when they said goodbye to eachother.
However I admit it has been a moment since I watched TLJ and I hoped to find a video with both of them but couldn't so my memories are not great.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:27 pm

about the kiss
someone on tumblr said : This seems to be a person with a tan bag. If you look closely at the lower right, that’s a foot. So yeah…maybe this wasn’t a kiss, then again maybe it was and that person with the bag also witnesses the kiss? Then again I think that Rey and Ben’s first kiss will pretty much be done in private. (gwendy85)
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker Tumblr_inline_ppz0dqAqrT1qj5ljh_540
ok maybe there won't be a kiss in that scene but we perceived between the two sexual tension, there is no way that those two do not kiss Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:34 pm

Teo oswald wrote:about the kiss
someone on tumblr said : This seems to be a person with a tan bag. If you look closely at the lower right, that’s a foot. So yeah…maybe this wasn’t a kiss, then again maybe it was and that person with the bag also witnesses the kiss? Then again I think that Rey and Ben’s first kiss will pretty much be done in private. (gwendy85)
ok maybe there won't be a kiss in that scene but we perceived between the two sexual tension, there is no way that those two do not kiss Smile
@Teo oswald

I know a lot of people expect a kiss for this scene, but I tend more towards comedy and think they will be watching C-3PO with fried circuits and Chewie's bow being out of character.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm

@LadyGaufrette

ahahah out of character indeed . it wasn't him who didn't want to hurt anyone.? I can't wait to see him in action, maybe he'll say something like: I have the distinct feeling that I've done something like that before.
a reference to the old trilogy Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker Empty Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:52 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@LadyGaufrette

ahahah out of character indeed . it wasn't him who didn't want to hurt anyone.? I can't wait to see him in action, maybe he'll say something like: I have the distinct feeling that I've done something like that before.
a reference to the old trilogy Smile
@Teo oswald

I want to see him remember Geonosis!
C-3PO killed jedi, even Ben didn't do that. That droid will be the true villain of the movie. Laughing
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 15 Apr 2019, 1:36 am

Before reading this please see what I posted in spoilers thread . This is what I believe we are getting now in light of what Daisy said . Force and destiny play a massive role in this . Reylo and bendemption will happen but not in way we think as this has to tie up the saga . I posted it in crack yesterday but read it especially the comments and how it ties up Star Wars mythically and religiously and how it completes the circle . Question is what is driving kylo and Rey - is it destiny because certain events have to occur or do they really fall in love . Dismiss this as crack but
this is JJ remember and it just ties everything- the entire saga , whole ring theory too and all the little echoes and ripples throughout the entire saga and why they echoes through time and repeat themselves . Read the comments because some are very good .,

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/bczpnd/possible_spoiler_for_episode_9_or_my_uncle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I know you’ll probably think am crazy but this is JJ remember and since they introduced WBW I definitely thought they are gonna go there.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 15 Apr 2019, 2:11 am

@AhsokaTano

lol! lol! lol!

So, if that really happens does that mean the story is gonna repeat itself over and over again? scratch

IMO that so called "uncle" is trolling or (what's more likely) said uncle doesn't exist and the user is trolling himself Eh bien
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 15 Apr 2019, 2:15 am

I want a real spoiler dump before I purchase my tickets. That Shmi theory makes me want to vomit.

BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 15 Apr 2019, 2:19 am

Tbh Shmi theory just feels like sinking the universe to absolute and puting everyone in a very fatiguing loop.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 15 Apr 2019, 2:25 am

It may do everyone but it does tie everything together - entire saga and it’s very JJ . Read the comments in there not just the theory Cos the guy tells more and there are some good comments .Ha ha ! I will probably not believe it in a day or two when we get more leaks but we shall see ... lol! Very Happy

Actually editing because I got too carried away lol!Yeah it doesn’t explain why when they were casting for Rey the casting call said she could be any ethnicity- they weren’t looking for a particular ethnicity for Rey ( which is what always made me believe she wasn’t related to Ben ). So yeah fun over . Move along ha ha ! Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 15 Apr 2019, 3:33 am

They won't risk with the story like that. Star Wars has always populistic approach and any compications like that are more suitable for good TV series but not for the big screen. It's creating a time loop that destroys all epic feels about the Saga.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 15 Apr 2019, 3:50 am

special_cases wrote:They won't risk with the story like that. Star Wars has always populistic approach and any compications like that are more suitable for good TV series but not for the big screen. It's creating a time loop that destroys all epic feels about the Saga.
@special_cases

and it would gave the sexual tension between Ben & Rey a really really icky feeling. I mean Rey would be his great-grandma...yikes L-puke L-puke L-puke
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:24 am

Yeah I only had moment of doubt because JJ and time travel and he’s done some weird things with it but to be honest am thinking clear now after caffeine this morning and it’s really not a good idea - not because of the time travel because they could factor this in in a different way ( and I kind of still expect something weird because of WBW and JJ ) but because it means Rey is essentially just there to give birth to skywalkers and die a miserable death and the same with Ben . I can’t believe that after everything the skywalkers have been through and Rey that they would tie up the saga like this with more suffering . I also think it wouldn’t send a good message to women and little girls. I can see why fanboys love the idea but it is misogynistic and going backwards rather than forwards .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:31 am

@AhsokaTano Sometimes I remember some of my ideas in the morning and I'm like Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Laughing But I don't think it's a *bad* idea, it just won't work on this stage storywise.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 15 Apr 2019, 7:51 am

I read the hypothesis that Ben is Anakin's father. Personally as well as incestuous and hopeless he also sucks enough as writing. I am also writing a Reylo Fan Fiction in which Ben Solo goes back in time and avoids Anakin to make his grandmother Padme die of pain. I have to think that I write better s*** ... Please forgive me. I'm a fanatic Reylo (LOVE = FORGIVENESS + SECOND CHANCE) very disappointed today ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 15 Apr 2019, 8:01 am

That CRACK is the funniest s*** I've read in a while. Rey time travels to Tattouine 80 years in the past and becomes Shmi Skywalker, single mother of Ben Solo's son who is also his grandfather. So basically Kylo is his own great-grandfather.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker Giphy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 15 Apr 2019, 8:57 am

Lol!I  hope JJ is reading this thread !!!  Didn’t Daisy or John or Kathleen say  over the weekend that JJ is still tweaking stuff including the ending ? I’ve been watching so much celebration this weekend on you tube that am zoned out lol!
Maybe this was put out there to see how we would react - well this the message I have for everyone at Lucasfilm ( we know you read this forum as Rian has mentioned this forum before ) - give us reylo and regarding the crazy time travel kylo is his own great grandfather business :
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker 27b67010

lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:36 am

If people think Reylo is problematic, imagine that!: Rey has suffered all her life only to end up as a young pregnant "widow" who will live out her remaining days as a slave (again! she was practically a slave on Jakku) and will die a horrible death. Nope
I think that would be one of the only possible endings that wouldn't satisfy anyone, not even toxic fanboys because it's actually a retconning of the whole saga. I could even make the argument that it's not an ending at all, because it means the story will keep repeating over and over again.
I don't even want to mention the weird consequences like Rey being Ben's great grandmother or him being his own great grandfather.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 15 Apr 2019, 10:34 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:about the kiss
ok maybe there won't be a kiss in that scene but  we perceived between the two sexual tension, there is no way that those two do not kiss Smile
@Teo oswald

I know a lot of people expect a kiss for this scene, but I tend more towards comedy and think they will be watching C-3PO with fried circuits and Chewie's bow being out of character.
@LadyGaufrette

With the levels adjusted it does indeed look like someone standing on the right of them two wearing a black glove ? And maybe even someone clad in leather to their left ?

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker 29c44310
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 15 Apr 2019, 10:51 am

I'm laughing because this crack leak is like somebody sat down and thought "what is the worst possible trajectory for Rey as a character in her own right who is a role model?" and then came up with this. Laughing

Also, way to rip off Futurama, JJ!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn Mon 15 Apr 2019, 12:01 pm

If I were Daisy, and someone told me this was going to be my character’s end game, i’d cry....and not tears of joy (thinking of that CT/Daisy rumor). I agree that this is the worst ending imaginable for Rey. And even IF JJ had this outlined as the ending he wanted, I am 1000% sure the LF SG would be “yeah..no JJ...this is Star Wars, not Lost...” This is sooooo not the story, no way.

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next