Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

+35
Sad Man
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
rawpowah
Casper
Riri
SanghaRen
rey09
reylo1992
loversinthestorm
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
Moonlight13
Mila95
FrolickingFizzgig
MrsWindu
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
Kylo Rey
SoloSideCousin
OrionStars
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
spacebaby45678
12 Parsnips
californiagirl
Gemini
Teo oswald
snufkin
ZioRen
nickandnora
tukicarreno
SkyStar
special_cases
Atenais
39 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Empty The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Atenais Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:46 pm

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing 7X77V4Cq8Ug8y8lCZNCSaZ51wYrDBklzhmolrONdxPHird3W5iBDC1W9ajVCahtJRDM8Ot0ONo5yobf7jmfx13dYrmv3d8P6h1jhxjWwcYyg5T-qW0Ax-Ywa-PYwLLTNPyW6gGk4U7M8ab4KMA3hyfuLrg6q_rkK8VRXm2IaV4bT-yqz3zqj3LMHbdDJudlm3HZNZhbhAdcg2HZgqRBRkBB1AlRVg1ED-Ka1-Me-bu4Z2AuN7iFQUj6PzWKmtLz6G7HJjNpenBw3ZbyEtuxCPwZwmUasP15Arv3lnftr-aBIruLkCzNoIxge9LEQ1Cu4Ct-bELDlbd_YEOY2sO7h-LQrLbZA1Vj6RyhPzJt_CN2GkyqMAim0PlwgVubZ1pCBcBNmFDrRcMe-e2LYFsxYxbZP8DL-ZsBNG2rt8fUCimy8_UvaOyR7CPa5OTBjwrRMqUUBThEtLYuyh2s5wGTE3B9L-KUdoCID7pEWPibKMCVc4-bR0G1fehvwWF_b5ZPrrqrNFXbCNRRFn_D0QOdWQ8M5y5837SsOG3zC6CNggcmI-IsS4dToEpu5oCFD4ahHou15WZu8lJu-UVWWbQ4Dl4YD5XRiFBdfvXiEQkEWr9wkQgPM11Qw0ZuYM2MhegO0m3NfaB7CMpc1qEeS96sLXGhFiWlV1e-WEQOWwWrcbWU7n91l2mOZM-_q=w500-h210-no

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Tros_v10
Official Videos From SW Youtube Channel:

TV Spots:

Since we have a thread to discuss the marketing for The Last Jedi, I believe we could have the same for The Rise of Skywalker. This way we can keep this thread as some sort of database. I will try to keep this thread updated.

Last edited by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm; edited 10 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Atenais Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:50 pm

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Tros_i10

Official posters:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Tros_p11

More Posters:

Character Posters:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Ej10xn10

Homepage:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Starwa10
Source: starwars

Magazines:

Cinema (German Magazine) (Dec2019 issue):

Empire (Nov2019 issue):

Empire (Jan2020 issue):

Empire Online:

Entertainment Weekly (Dec2019 issue):

Insider (Sep2019 issue):

Rolling Stone (Dec2019 issue):

Rolling Stone (website):

SciFiNow (165 issue):

S.F.X (French Magazine) (Dec2019 issue):

Total Film (Nov2019 issue):

Vanity Fair (Summer issue):

Last edited by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm; edited 26 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:59 pm

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Tros_i11

Interviews are being posted here.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Tros_m12

"Meet Adam Driver at the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Premiere":

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_11

"Meet Daisy Ridley at the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Premiere":

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_12

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_10

Source: omaze

Japanese event here.

Promo video with the trio here.

Last edited by Atenais on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 29 Oct 2019, 10:45 pm

That Special Edition Tucket with Kylo is best design in this marketing design. Even that black-and-white art with Rey and Kylo is so akward, like they said to artist "you know they're fighting, but not like fighting-fighting seriously and don't make them look at each other but give an impression that they might be enemies". Hilarious.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 30 Oct 2019, 5:41 am

I actually really like the final poster. I like the clean and sharp look of it and that it is not crammed with too many floating heads. This one I could Imagine being framed on my wall but I also liked TLJ teaser poster.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 30 Oct 2019, 9:39 am

special_cases wrote:That Special Edition Tucket with Kylo is best design in this marketing design. Even that black-and-white art with Rey and Kylo is so akward, like they said to artist "you know they're fighting, but not like fighting-fighting seriously and don't make them look at each other but give an impression that they might be enemies". Hilarious.
@special_cases

I totally agree. When I saw this pic, it had me speechless.

SkyStar wrote:I actually really like the final poster. I like the clean and sharp look of it and that it is not crammed with too many floating heads. This one I could Imagine being framed on my wall but I also liked TLJ teaser poster.
@SkyStar

Same!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 05 Nov 2019, 9:47 am

It's just me, or the marketing for this movie - the last one of the Skywalker Saga - is being very mediocre? Yesterday, a friend of mine, told me about the premiere. He's part of GA and he only knew about the movie yesterday!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 05 Nov 2019, 9:48 am

Atenais wrote:It's just me, or the marketing for this movie - the last one of the Skywalker Saga - is being very mediocre? Yesterday, a friend of mine, told me about the premiere. He's part of GA and he only knew about the movie yesterday!
@Atenais

I would say the marketing is just very boring and there is not much of it. :/
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 05 Nov 2019, 1:06 pm

SkyStar wrote:
Atenais wrote:It's just me, or the marketing for this movie - the last one of the Skywalker Saga - is being very mediocre? Yesterday, a friend of mine, told me about the premiere. He's part of GA and he only knew about the movie yesterday!
@Atenais

@SkyStar

I think it's obviously because of Kylo/BenSolo. He is such a walking spoiler they can't promote anything with him sadly. I am looking forward to the promo/toys and magazine articles after the movie comes out. Hopefully we will finally get an Adam/Daisy photoshoot! It's time now! bounce

Last edited by tukicarreno on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 05 Nov 2019, 2:23 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@Atenais

@SkyStar

I think it obviously because of Kylo/BenSolo. He is such a walk g spoiler they can't promote anything with him sadly. I am looking forward to the promo/toys and magazine articles after the movie comes out. Hopefully we will finally get an Adam/Daisy photoshoot! It's time now!
@tukicarreno

Yes, but I believe we need a more aggressive marketing before the movie comes out. People need to know about the movie, the fans need to talk about the movie. But we don't have much. It's weird.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 05 Nov 2019, 2:30 pm

Atenais wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@Atenais

@SkyStar

I think it obviously because of Kylo/BenSolo. He is such a walk g spoiler they can't promote anything with him sadly. I am looking forward to the promo/toys and magazine articles after the movie comes out. Hopefully we will finally get an Adam/Daisy photoshoot! It's time now!
@tukicarreno

Yes, but I believe we need a more aggressive marketing before the movie comes out. People need to know about the movie, the fans need to talk about the movie. But we don't have much. It's weird.
@Atenais

It's possible we get an influx after The Mandalorian premieres.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 05 Nov 2019, 4:48 pm

I remember thinking the marketing for TLJ was lame as heck, too. I don't know what's up with Disney. There's no excuse when it's the big hype bomb: the last movie of the trilogy! Of the whole Skywalker Saga (so they say, for now)!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Nov 2019, 5:28 pm

TBH outside of Asian/Latin American marketing, the rest is irrelevant. I can't even remember a teaser or a trailer back during the OT days. Typically we got something like a Rolling Stone cover story and big spreads (at lease here in California) in the Sunday entertainment sections for the LA Times and San Francisco Chronicle hyping the Summer movie season starting. Beyond that, not much other than the posters you might happen to see in a movie theater. The whole "marketing as an event" is something that's cropped up in the recent 10-15 years. I went into TFA cold without paying attention to any of the hype or marketing, in fact I resolutely ignored it. Yet here I am, I saw the movie, I saw/understood the story they were trying to tell.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 06 Nov 2019, 2:46 am

think that in Italy, the Mandalorian is released on November 12th, I think, with the entrance of the Mandalorian they are directing the attention of the fans precisely to that.

Atenais wrote:"Meet Adam Driver at the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Premiere":

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_11

"Meet Daisy Ridley at the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Premiere":

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_12

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Omaze_10

Source: omaze
@Atenais

Spoiler:
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 06 Nov 2019, 3:03 am

Wow at Finn. He really has been removed from prominence in the posters and trailers. That's not where he was in 2015.

People say its racism. I just think its about the bond of Rey and Kylo being the focal point though. Its simply about the story.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 07 Nov 2019, 10:10 am

We got Daisy&Adam interview "Driving Miss Daisy" on 31 October 2017. Today is 7 November...

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Giphy
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm

special_cases wrote:We got Daisy&Adam interview "Driving Miss Daisy" on 31 October 2017. Today is 7 November...

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Giphy
@special_cases

I have a feeling we are not going to get any interviews with Adam and Daisy this time. If we are lucky we might get something in January after the movie comes out, but that is a big IF too sadly. Daisy is probably going to do all her promo with John and Oscar which sucks to be honest. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 07 Nov 2019, 1:35 pm

Someone suggested a reason for delayed or limited TROS promo at this time is because they're really pushing Mandalorian, which comes out in 5 days. That's kind of what happens when you put out two massive SW projects within 5 weeks of each other. There's a video game coming out too in a couple of weeks, and the SG is involved with all of them, makes me wonder if there's some thematic connection between the three things.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 07 Nov 2019, 2:59 pm

californiagirl wrote:Someone suggested a reason for delayed or limited TROS promo at this time is because they're really pushing Mandalorian, which comes out in 5 days. That's kind of what happens when you put out two massive SW projects within 5 weeks of each other. There's a video game coming out too in a couple of weeks, and the SG is involved with all of them, makes me wonder if there's some thematic connection between the three things.
@californiagirl

I actually think it is a mistake to put all these projects so close to each other. But what do I know? Why couldn't they do Mandalorian next year? I wish the focus would have been solely TROS but it is what it is. I just hope it works out in the end. Hopefully in two weeks max will see the ball get rolling. It seems like is taking so long to see any push for TROS. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 07 Nov 2019, 3:01 pm

@tukicarreno They needed to launch Disney+ before the streaming wars get even worse, I just realized Apple put it's service up just this week too. Every company is flinging themselves at viewers before it's too late to attract their attention and money.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 07 Nov 2019, 3:15 pm

californiagirl wrote:Someone suggested a reason for delayed or limited TROS promo at this time is because they're really pushing Mandalorian, which comes out in 5 days. That's kind of what happens when you put out two massive SW projects within 5 weeks of each other. There's a video game coming out too in a couple of weeks, and the SG is involved with all of them, makes me wonder if there's some thematic connection between the three things.
@californiagirl

I too think the Disney+ hooha is why we aren't getting as much TRoS marketing right now. I mean, I'm all for Disney+, but c'mon, Disney--let's get that stuff over with this week and then concentrate on the really good stuff--Skywalkers and Reylo! lol!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 07 Nov 2019, 3:39 pm

I have some vague idea that they are going to capitalize a lot more on the Christmas release this year (of TRoS) and do more concentrated marketing in the two weeks leading up to that, AND continuing marketing the crap out of it after it's released as well (remember how we found out about 60% of the toys are only coming out after the release?) There could be more than one reason for this, but it's quite possible they think that strategy would give the film better legs.

I mean, The Mandalorian might seem to be getting all the attention right now, but it's RIGHT before it comes out, so it makes sense that it seems like we've been bombarded with info on it (when really it's only been the past two weeks or so things have amped up). Potential audience members have short memories.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 13 Nov 2019, 10:55 am

Its quite a baseless claim that the posters do not indicate where the stories are going. Its common industry ptactice for the poster to tell you the themes you should expect to see as well as being eye catching, all in one fell swoop.

I personally dont think LF is so inept or lacking in basic knowledge of marketing that they would risk creating a poster with little to no indication of the themes we are going to see presented in the final film. Afterall, the themes were accurately presented on TLJ poster as well as TFA poster, respectively.

I asked Matt Martin and he said LF Posters and artwork are given the same treatment as all marketing materials, generated to get an audience in seats.

So Im guessing that Lucasfilm do adhere to the seven golden rules when creating their posters. If not. I'd be severely worried about the quality control if they were adding, random, meaningless images with no context (to the film we are going to pay for and see) to their posters.

We have this final complete version of the poster where the focal point is in fact transforming over time. It was not three posters, instead they have quite uniquely given you a 16 by 9 image and filled the void with a black space. They have then used the rule of thirds to draw your eye exactly to the point where their lightsabers are meeting.

The point they want you to look at with the rule of thirds, also guided by the sabers  appears to be  the column they are fighting on. They also want you to look at Rey and Kylo with this rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is common practice in film, television, photography etc. Its not a random choice or mistake with no context.

Some examples of the rule of thirds in action:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Thfo1110
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Thg1d910

Here, place the grid and the rule of thirds will guide your way to the focal points. The important points:
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Eiumyv11

I'll just throw in the seven golden rules of movie posters as well if anyone is interested. I would quite confidently say that LF abides by the following:
https://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2011/02/7-elements-of-a-great-movie-poster-design/[/mention] wrote:
1. Attention – jump out from the wall.
If there’s one simple sales formula that everyone in a performance-based position should know, it’s AIDA. The four-step formula – attention, interest, desire, and action – has been used as the basis of thousands of successful movie advertising campaigns.
The first step, and the one most important for designers, is attention – grabbing the attention of passers-by and encouraging them to look.
This doesn’t have to be achieved with provocative pictures or flashy graphics, although given their advantage at grabbing attention, it’s no wonder Hollywood’s turned to them en masse.
By using the film’s characters or a major plot point, designers can establish some level of plot while still gaining the attention of anyone that views the poster.

2. Iconography – showing without telling.
The most effective movie posters are iconic, presenting the themes in the film without resorting to flat out saying what it’s about.
They use imagery, whether a close-up of a character or item that’s a major plot point, or a simple graphic, to establish the film’s plot. Combined with an eye-grabbing design, this can be an incredibly effective way to gain attention and create interest at once.

3. Interest – create an incentive to see the film.
When using icons and more abstract imagery doesn’t work with your film – say, for example, it’s a serious drama or a thriller that can’t be explained with iconography – using an image that provides viewers with an idea of the story is a great idea.
Many of the best modern film posters use pictures that put the viewer in the middle of a scene from the film, creating tension and a major incentive.
The incentive is that in order to resolve the situation, the person looking at the poster needs to see the film and find out what happens.

4. Appeal – create desire with fans and non-fans alike.
With film studios cranking out comic book adaptations at a rapid pace, it’s the ‘true fans’ that end up last in the marketing line.
Studios can rely on them to see their new releases regardless of its review coverage or promotional materials, since chances are fairly strong they’re already aware of it. Great film posters, particularly those for adaptations, use this dual appeal to enhance their advertising.

5. Style – a look that’s consistent with the film.
Whether you’re marketing an art film or a blockbuster, style matters. Some of the most memorable film posters out there have used bold, unique artistic styles to their advantage.
What separates these posters from their ineffective art-for-art’s-sake rivals is that they’re consistent with style, in both the movie’s promotional materials and throughout the film itself.

6. Lasting Appeal – a look that suits other formats.
Here’s the danger in getting too ‘arty’ and delicate with your film poster: it’s eventually, after release and theater shows, going to be shrunk to a fraction of its original size for the DVD release.
While a growing number of films now use different designs for their DVD cover than their in-theater promo posters, most of the classics and high-budget blockbusters still use the same poster for both.

This means that your imagery, your titles, and your major points of interest need to be just as visible on a small DVD case as they are on a giant movie poster.

7. Recognizability – if it’s a sequel, make it obvious.
From time to time, the entire box office seems to be made up of sequels.
There’s a good reason for it too – some of the most financially dependable films are sequels to successful franchises.
From films that dominated both the commercial world and the awards scene to purely commercial releases, few films can guarantee studios income like a good sequel.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 13 Nov 2019, 1:07 pm

Gemini wrote:Its quite a baseless claim that the posters do not indicate where the stories are going. Its common industry ptactice for the poster to tell you the themes you should expect to see as well as being eye catching, all in one fell swoop.

I personally dont think LF is so inept or lacking in basic knowledge of marketing that they would risk creating a poster with little to no indication of the themes we are going to see presented in the final film. Afterall, the themes were accurately presented on TLJ poster as well as TFA poster, respectively.

I asked Matt Martin and he said LF Posters and artwork are given the same treatment as all marketing materials, generated to get an audience in seats.

So Im guessing that Lucasfilm do adhere to the seven golden rules when creating their posters. If not. I'd be severely worried about the quality control if they were adding, random, meaningless images with no context (to the film we are going to pay for and see) to their posters.

We have this final complete version of the poster where the focal point is in fact transforming over time. It was not three posters, instead they have quite uniquely given you a 16 by 9 image and filled the void with a black space. They have then used the rule of thirds to draw your eye exactly to the point where their lightsabers are meeting.

The point they want you to look at with the rule of thirds, also guided by the sabers  appears to be  the column they are fighting on. They also want you to look at Rey and Kylo with this rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is common practice in film, television, photography etc. Its not a random choice or mistake with no context.

Some examples of the rule of thirds in action:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Thfo1110
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Thg1d910

Here, place the grid and the rule of thirds will guide your way to the focal points. The important points:
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing Eiumyv11

I'll just throw in the seven golden rules of movie posters as well if anyone is interested. I would quite confidently say that LF abides by the following:
https://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2011/02/7-elements-of-a-great-movie-poster-design/[/mention] wrote:
1. Attention – jump out from the wall.
If there’s one simple sales formula that everyone in a performance-based position should know, it’s AIDA. The four-step formula – attention, interest, desire, and action – has been used as the basis of thousands of successful movie advertising campaigns.
The first step, and the one most important for designers, is attention – grabbing the attention of passers-by and encouraging them to look.
This doesn’t have to be achieved with provocative pictures or flashy graphics, although given their advantage at grabbing attention, it’s no wonder Hollywood’s turned to them en masse.
By using the film’s characters or a major plot point, designers can establish some level of plot while still gaining the attention of anyone that views the poster.

2. Iconography – showing without telling.
The most effective movie posters are iconic, presenting the themes in the film without resorting to flat out saying what it’s about.
They use imagery, whether a close-up of a character or item that’s a major plot point, or a simple graphic, to establish the film’s plot. Combined with an eye-grabbing design, this can be an incredibly effective way to gain attention and create interest at once.

3. Interest – create an incentive to see the film.
When using icons and more abstract imagery doesn’t work with your film – say, for example, it’s a serious drama or a thriller that can’t be explained with iconography – using an image that provides viewers with an idea of the story is a great idea.
Many of the best modern film posters use pictures that put the viewer in the middle of a scene from the film, creating tension and a major incentive.
The incentive is that in order to resolve the situation, the person looking at the poster needs to see the film and find out what happens.

4. Appeal – create desire with fans and non-fans alike.
With film studios cranking out comic book adaptations at a rapid pace, it’s the ‘true fans’ that end up last in the marketing line.
Studios can rely on them to see their new releases regardless of its review coverage or promotional materials, since chances are fairly strong they’re already aware of it. Great film posters, particularly those for adaptations, use this dual appeal to enhance their advertising.

5. Style – a look that’s consistent with the film.
Whether you’re marketing an art film or a blockbuster, style matters. Some of the most memorable film posters out there have used bold, unique artistic styles to their advantage.
What separates these posters from their ineffective art-for-art’s-sake rivals is that they’re consistent with style, in both the movie’s promotional materials and throughout the film itself.

6. Lasting Appeal – a look that suits other formats.
Here’s the danger in getting too ‘arty’ and delicate with your film poster: it’s eventually, after release and theater shows, going to be shrunk to a fraction of its original size for the DVD release.
While a growing number of films now use different designs for their DVD cover than their in-theater promo posters, most of the classics and high-budget blockbusters still use the same poster for both.

This means that your imagery, your titles, and your major points of interest need to be just as visible on a small DVD case as they are on a giant movie poster.

7. Recognizability – if it’s a sequel, make it obvious.
From time to time, the entire box office seems to be made up of sequels.
There’s a good reason for it too – some of the most financially dependable films are sequels to successful franchises.
From films that dominated both the commercial world and the awards scene to purely commercial releases, few films can guarantee studios income like a good sequel.

@Gemini

As a photographer myself I would never imagine that they would be so inept as to discard such common rules, as the rule of thirds, when making their posters. Since this is a secretive trilogy, I believe they must keep some secrets to a minimum group of people, but they can be pretty clear with designers, without given the whole context of the movie.

Last edited by Atenais on Wed 13 Nov 2019, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 13 Nov 2019, 1:43 pm

@Atenais

Yah, I used to work in film and cinematography.  If you miss that composition..you miss the message.

I used to design posters too. It was no huge franchise but I was guided by directors and companies on what they wanted and where. They don't have to tell you the plot but they will tell you what they want.

Also....kylos head is on one focal point, rey on the other. The column at the bottom on a focal point.

I love this poster.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next