Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+54
Mana
lauvamp
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
MindAndMagic
Nyx
motherofpearl1
bruna8728
Casey Kanata
Krafty
AhsokaTano
giaciak2
Chris24601
bashfulblueeyes3
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
loversinthestorm
Piper Maru
Moonlight13
snufkin
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Oscarborough-fairo
SW_Heroine_Journey
Casper
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
Gemini
MaddieDove
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
nemapasara
Saracene
reylo1992
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
ReyloSpanishFan
special_cases
Kylo Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
rawpowah
Sad Man
Riri
Atenais
Teo oswald
nana7marie
AcrosstheStars
whisperingwillow
OrionStars
rey09
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
58 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:25 pm

So it appears that JediPaxis has *somewhat* of an answer to how Kylo gets of the Death Star. From reddit, he said in response to another poster:

"The only thing on that front that I’ve heard doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I was told (by someone who was correct so far on pretty much all the other things they told me by the way) that Kylo gets an Imperial TIE from the Death Star wreckage and flys it there. The thing that doesn’t make sense to me is that (as far as I know) Imperial TIEs don’t canonically have hyperdrives. We’ll see how it all pans out, but I’d treat that as a rumor for now."

First of all, I'm laughing that this is the thing that doesn't make sense to him in literally everything that he's heard. Like... holy cow.

Secondly, before anyone deflates I want to point out a) for whatever reason he's really unsure about this and b) the weird, weird, WEIRD thing is that I just had a thought the other day kind of related to this. If Kylo is in fact there/not there in the throneroom with Palpatine and Rey, wouldn't it be more tension inducing if we have a scene on the Death Star to mirror Rey's on Ahch-To where he looks down at a drowned ship (or something) and then the audience is meant to infer that he raised it and got to Exogol that way? Because then there's actual tension as to whether he was force-bonding or there in the flesh. And then let's say there's a scene where Rey makes a realization and rushes back to the Death Star hoping to find him there, the audience is experiencing a little dramatic irony like, "Oh no, he's not there because he's actually dead." But then... SURPRISE!!! Again: I had these thoughts BEFORE JediPaxis posted his TIE info. And who knows: if it's "true" maybe the fact that it's that kind of TIE fighter (without hyperdrive) is a cheeky clue as to the fact that it's not how he got off the Death Star, and I can say that JediPaxis was actually smart for once. Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:41 pm

If they’re going to do a “the audience thinks Kylo is dead for several scenes, but then, ta-da, shows up ok at the end” thing I need to know about it ASAP so I can prepare myself. That **** would not be fun to me as a surprise.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:46 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:If they’re going to do a “the audience thinks Kylo is dead for several scenes, but then, ta-da, shows up ok at the end” thing I need to know about it ASAP so I can prepare myself. That **** would not be fun to me as a surprise.
@Cowgirlsamurai

What, really? I think some tension is needed for the catharsis to really land and be impactful. That's just me though! Very Happy

Plus you guys, more importantly, if Rey thinks Kylo is potentially gone for any length of time, that's probably going to be the thing that speeds up her love realization in the end. It's what makes me believe she might actually (no, like seriously, literally) jump his bones when she sees him alive and well after all.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:56 pm

I've kind of been anticipating at least one fakeout death, long before JP showed up even. That's actually good drama. Like both the characters and audience don't know what they got til it's gone!

I would just find it really off if the message in TFA was that Rey has been stunted and is wasting her life on Jakku because she's been centering her entire being around her parents that are never coming back for her, and TLJ was about how they were no one and also dead (and also they sucked), and then IX is going to... do something entirely unrelated to these concepts? There's a way to connect Palpatine to her parents without actually changing her literal parentage. I just don't really know what the actual point would be.

If anything, the impression I'm getting from all this is that Rey's continued fixation on her lost family is sort of consuming her, even leading her to dark, desperate places. Kylo could sort of relate there. It's almost a meta commentary about how fandom's fixation on this supposed parentage/lineage "mystery" is actually not a positive thing at all.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:05 pm

@nickandnora

I’ll be cool with it as long as I’m 100% sure it’s a fake out beforehand. It’s been high on the list of possibilities for a while. I just need spoilers, that’s all. Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm

I was reading on tumblr about this but apparently frozen 2 had a certain spoiler about the ending was way off? Wondering if anyone has info on this.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 10:27 pm

rey09 wrote:I was reading on tumblr about this but apparently frozen 2 had a certain spoiler about the ending was way off? Wondering if anyone has info on this.
@rey09

Yeah, the ending of Frozen 2 was leaked 1 month before the film was released
Spoiler:

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoilers for Frozen 2)
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Empty Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by whisperingwillow Wed 27 Nov 2019, 10:43 pm

Please do not post spoilers for recently released films in threads without putting them in the spoiler tag. There may have been others who have not yet seen the film and are wanting to.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 11:55 pm

OrionStars wrote:
rey09 wrote:I was reading on tumblr about this but apparently frozen 2 had a certain spoiler about the ending was way off? Wondering if anyone has info on this.
@rey09

Yeah, the ending of Frozen 2 was leaked 1 month before the film was released
Spoiler:
@OrionStars

Spoiler:

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:08 am

@nickandnora Thank you for bringing that over. And IA, that this is the one thing he questions is funny in an ironic sort of way. Laughing

However, like you, I think the fact that even he’s suspicious indicates something else is likely afoot in that part of the movie. He has been very defensive about the leaks, talking out of both sides (I don’t know everything, things could change, but XYZ is definitely true!), and just generally adamant that his sources have the film mapped out overall. If this part even leaves him doubting, how would the rest of us take it? My guess is the sources either don’t know how Ben gets off of Kef Bir and they guessed, or as you specced, it’s part of the film’s ultimate fakeout. Without hyperdrive, wouldn’t it take him a lot longer to get to Exogol? In that scenario, he could be there via Force Bond, then show up at the very end (ala the fight in his quarters), or be there via Force Bond and stay elsewhere entirely even after it’s over. Particularly fits given the theme JJ (? or KK?) told us of “What can the Force do?” There’s already a weird early peak of her healing powers on the Death Star... why have the Force Bond’s strength peak there too? I’m assuming he’s not there in the throne room and only shows for real up in the scene where he approaches her outside,  when he’s drenched.

Ever since I fully read that part of the leaks, with Rey stealing his ship, I’ve believed in my gut that that gap in the leaks holds the key to Ben’s final fate in the film. Nothing so far has swayed me otherwise.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:55 am

Saracene wrote:After they gave *Voldemort* a child with the implication that he had sex, nothing would surprise me anymore. It’s also an easier way to create the link between Rey and Palpatine than some experiment.

But if we’re back to the lineage explanation to Rey’s force powers, that does negate a lot of TLJ ands its themes, even if story-wise it did leave wiggle room. Rey is not really Kylo’s light side counterpart like Snoke said, an obscure nobody picked by the force to contrast the blue-blooded son of legends, and you totally do have to be related to someone powerful. Yes Rey Palpatine lends its own themes, but it’s like every different director takes Rey’s story and fits it into whatever different direction they want for each movie, previous movie’s themes be damned.
@Saracene
Approves My biggest wish is explicit Reylo endgame complete with the kiss (Bendemption is obvious by now methinks) but as a cinephile I’d like to actually appreciate this movie overall - convoluted story of Rey’s origins, disregarding the previously established themes, would definitely be a downer. But as I said previously, for now I trust there’s no retcon - especially that I believe JediPaxis only got some stuff right and filled the rest with his guesses - and since he’s biased and seems not to be the brightest of minds either, he might’ve guessed wrong.

@Kylo Rey Apart from the love stories, he also mentioned that:
The most ordinary of us can be the hero. If that’s not cool, then I don’t know what else to say.
Rey Palpatine, Rey Palpatine’s Creation and so on is not ‘the most ordinary of us’ so this gives me hope Rey’s lineage remains unchanged.

nickandnora wrote:So it appears that JediPaxis has *somewhat* of an answer to how Kylo gets of the Death Star. From reddit, he said in response to another poster:

"The only thing on that front that I’ve heard doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I was told (by someone who was correct so far on pretty much all the other things they told me by the way) that Kylo gets an Imperial TIE from the Death Star wreckage and flys it there. The thing that doesn’t make sense to me is that (as far as I know) Imperial TIEs don’t canonically have hyperdrives. We’ll see how it all pans out, but I’d treat that as a rumor for now."

First of all, I'm laughing that this is the thing that doesn't make sense to him in literally everything that he's heard. Like... holy cow.

Secondly, before anyone deflates I want to point out a) for whatever reason he's really unsure about this and b) the weird, weird, WEIRD thing is that I just had a thought the other day kind of related to this. If Kylo is in fact there/not there in the throneroom with Palpatine and Rey, wouldn't it be more tension inducing if we have a scene on the Death Star to mirror Rey's on Ahch-To where he looks down at a drowned ship (or something) and then the audience is meant to infer that he raised it and got to Exogol that way? Because then there's actual tension as to whether he was force-bonding or there in the flesh. And then let's say there's a scene where Rey makes a realization and rushes back to the Death Star hoping to find him there, the audience is experiencing a little dramatic irony like, "Oh no, he's not there because he's actually dead." But then... SURPRISE!!! Again: I had these thoughts BEFORE JediPaxis posted his TIE info. And who knows: if it's "true" maybe the fact that it's that kind of TIE fighter (without hyperdrive) is a cheeky clue as to the fact that it's not how he got off the Death Star, and I can say that JediPaxis was actually smart for once. Smile
@nickandnora
I love this - for real, your version is full of tension, drama and twists that actually make sense - if the film plays out similar way, it’s gonna be an emotional roller coaster that will provide the best catharsis and leave me satisfied for month to come! Claps
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:50 am

nickandnora wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:If they’re going to do a “the audience thinks Kylo is dead for several scenes, but then, ta-da, shows up ok at the end” thing I need to know about it ASAP so I can prepare myself. That **** would not be fun to me as a surprise.
@Cowgirlsamurai

What, really? I think some tension is needed for the catharsis to really land and be impactful. That's just me though! Very Happy

Plus you guys, more importantly, if Rey thinks Kylo is potentially gone for any length of time, that's probably going to be the thing that speeds up her love realization in the end. It's what makes me believe she might actually (no, like seriously, literally) jump his bones when she sees him alive and well after all.
@nickandnora

I think I read something about JJ, in which he wanted the audience to cry, laugh and scream.
If the public think that Ben is dead but then they see him again in the last scene of the film, well for many fans it is a bad action but for other fans it is a surprise, for the general public it will be all right.
I honestly don't see it in bad taste, but I can also understand who sees it as a bad thing. I am confident that we will see an exciting ending.
Then if I'm not mistaken Kevin Smith? he said the last scene is fireworks.!!!
The thing may seem subjective but I am confident that Ben reappears and that Rey understands that she wants him on Tatooine with her, at home, where he belongs.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 5:45 am

@rey09  yeah, the leaker had the information of the incoming merchandise of Frozen 2 so he leaked everything, the storybook was even posted on the internet, but miraculously, even though he leaked the ending, he left out the most important part of what really happened to Elsa and Elsa/Anna's relationship at the end of Frozen 2. Now I don't know whether the leaker intentionally did it or he didn't know or Disney didn't include the most important part of the ending in Frozen 2 merchandise.

Coincidentally, at the same time when the plot of Frozen 2 was leaked and caused chaos among the fandom of Frozen, our Temiriblagg1 made an apology thread, in which he said that the merchandise was leaked by ...Disney themselves  on purpose to test the fans' reaction. Maybe it could explain something.

@Teo oswald
Don't count on Kevin Smith, he thinks Kylo is an emo b**ch who deserves to die for killing Han Solo and most Reylos on Twitter stopped supporting Kevin Smith months ago.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 8:48 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors She_s_10

If some force pushed Finn back... So, Rey took Kylo's ship or she went with him?

Oh, now that I think about, probably she went alone:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Star_w27
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 28 Nov 2019, 9:05 am

Great quotes!Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 8580dd10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 1b11ce10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:19 am

New TV Spot "Duel":

“This will be the final word in the story of Skywalker”.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Ba2a9981234f6d9205ae5b3660b3974d88bba1d7

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 226f4cbe04b9957cc39e70ae5bd181293beff1c7

Source: starwars

Last edited by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:20 am

If anyone has seen the new tv spot, showed rey in front of a burning tie. Was this also in the leaks?? I vaguely remember something about her going to achto which it looks like.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:27 am

rey09 wrote:If anyone has seen the new tv spot, showed rey in front of a burning tie. Was this also in the leaks?? I vaguely remember something about her going to achto which it looks like.
@rey09

Just posted the video.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:42 am

Atenais wrote:
rey09 wrote:If anyone has seen the new tv spot, showed rey in front of a burning tie. Was this also in the leaks?? I vaguely remember something about her going to achto which it looks like.
@rey09

Just posted the video.
@Atenais

yea I saw lol. The burning tie part reminded me of the part where she exiles herself and has a chat with Luke after she stabs Kylo. ugh

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:48 am

@rey09

I just saw it. Yes, the leaks said she steals it, flies to Ach-to then destroys it.

Meanwhile, MSW tweeted yesterday if enough people donate to The Kessel Toy Run, benefiting a hospital in CA and Ronald McDonald House, he’ll publish an article about what he knows about Anakin in TROS. https://mobile.twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/1199858177241571329

Hayden better be in this thing. I will be so let down if he’s not or is just a voice. No
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad Man Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:50 am

Boy oh boy, I would have never guessed one year ago, two years ago how they will be so extremely upfront about redemption in marketing third film.😀
I would have thought that they would try to position it as one of the big question of the trilogy final as it was one of the most speculated topics through the years in wider fandom.
It's nice suprise.

Sad Man
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:52 am

I'm still giving side eye to the leaks. It's not like these new trailers were put together just this week. We already know that Kylo's characterization is vastly off, and there's some major gaps in the narrative. I think a lot of the questions are around how much is dark!Rey (and what even is dark!Rey for starters), how much is force bond/not being in the same place, what is a vision or not, or other weird force things. I feel the fact we're getting a boatload of weird force magic stuff doesn't get talked about enough.

Luke and Anakin were both varying levels of angry and clad in black in their third movie, Rey deserves her shot too! Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:05 pm

Yeah I don't know who can doubt the terrible leaks now.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:15 pm

Yeh there are some major gaps, they simply cant end Kylos story like that, im positive there is a scene of him after pit-gate. JP even says therr are gaps.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors 66bcb010

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:18 pm

Kylo is walking towards something that looks massive.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Sw112

Where was he in this shot? It looks like inside of a cabin...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors Sw212

rawpowah wrote:Yeah I don't know who can doubt the terrible leaks now.
@rawpowah

But we still have so many things missing.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next