Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+54
Mana
lauvamp
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
MindAndMagic
Nyx
motherofpearl1
bruna8728
Casey Kanata
Krafty
AhsokaTano
giaciak2
Chris24601
bashfulblueeyes3
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
loversinthestorm
Piper Maru
Moonlight13
snufkin
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Oscarborough-fairo
SW_Heroine_Journey
Casper
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
Gemini
MaddieDove
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
nemapasara
Saracene
reylo1992
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
ReyloSpanishFan
special_cases
Kylo Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
rawpowah
Sad Man
Riri
Atenais
Teo oswald
nana7marie
AcrosstheStars
whisperingwillow
OrionStars
rey09
californiagirl
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
58 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:23 pm

The leaks have been confirmed about 100 times over now. But there's still a ton of context missing, and I'm not convinced they know everything about the ending. The act 3 leaks seem a whole mess.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:37 pm

ZioRen wrote:The leaks have been confirmed about 100 times over now. But there's still a ton of context missing, and I'm not convinced they know everything about the ending. The act 3 leaks seem a whole mess.
@ZioRen
Visuals confirming details that are in the leaks can't confirm what's potentially missing. This is why I'm frustrated by the repeated "tHE LeAkS ARe AlL tRuE!" reactions that always seem to crop up. And as much as the visuals have been proven accurate, the interpretations have been proven wrong again and again.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:43 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ZioRen wrote:The leaks have been confirmed about 100 times over now. But there's still a ton of context missing, and I'm not convinced they know everything about the ending. The act 3 leaks seem a whole mess.
@ZioRen
Visuals confirming details that are in the leaks can't confirm what's potentially missing. This is why I'm frustrated by the repeated "tHE LeAkS ARe AlL tRuE!" reactions that always seem to crop up. And as much as the visuals have been proven accurate, the interpretations have been proven wrong again and again.
@FrolickingFizzgig
Approves

Btw. what’s the name of the TV spot with Rey ‘slashing’ Kylo?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yes. That's no point in denying the leaks or desperate because of them. The visuals are there, but the meaning is not.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:56 pm

nana7marie wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig
Approves

Btw. what’s the name of the TV spot with Rey ‘slashing’ Kylo?
@nana7marie

They didn't post the video in their official accounts (at least I checked on Insta and Twitter).
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:01 pm

New from MSW

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Bd5f2b10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 41014910

The context of this is interesting. He kills Ben so he can murder the Skywalker bloodline. Lucasfilm surely wont let that happen. Ben is not among the voices. https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/is-anakin-skywalker-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-any-other-jedi/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:03 pm

And he says a few sources have seen the film.... welp.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:06 pm

Yet again another reason why it would make no sense for ben to not be in the climax. They include Anakin in this but not the last skywalker? Lol hilarious.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:11 pm

@Riri Put this info together with that line from the new TV spot, “This will be the final word in the story of Skywalker!” (which I bet is what Palpatine says right before Ben goes in to the pit), and no way do I buy he dies. The villain’s last major “doom impending” line rarely pans out to be truthful.

If I’m wrong, then JJ thought Rey adopting the name and the voices helping her sufficed to prove Palpatine wrong. Which would be bologna, but I’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.

They’re obviously hiding SOMETHING. If Jason has people hearing all this stuff, and they didn’t hear Ben, he’s not involved. Why? No way do they leave his fate open ended. Question is what are they hiding, Force ghost or alive. If he’s a Force ghost, that seems like a weird fakeout to me. Oh no,  he died but didn’t get to become a ghost! Wait, never mind, there he is on Tatooine as a ghost! Yay? Ummm... okay. Lacks a punch for sure, but that’s just me.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:11 pm

OrionStars wrote:@rey09  yeah, the leaker had the information of the incoming merchandise of Frozen 2 so he leaked everything, the storybook was even posted on the internet, but miraculously, even though he leaked the ending, he left out the most important part of what really happened to Elsa and Elsa/Anna's relationship at the end of Frozen 2. Now I don't know whether the leaker intentionally did it or he didn't know or Disney didn't include the most important part of the ending in Frozen 2 merchandise.

Coincidentally, at the same time when the plot of Frozen 2 was leaked and caused chaos among the fandom of Frozen, our Temiriblagg1 made an apology thread, in which he said that the merchandise was leaked by ...Disney themselves  on purpose to test the fans' reaction. Maybe it could explain something.
@OrionStars

I don't how much we can trust anything Temiriblagg1 says after everything he did. He obviously aligned himself with ReySky gang to make impression that ReySky is happening. Also ReySkys are sitting on some leaked additional material (visual books and novels) and purposefully don't share it. I'm 100% sure that they will get some Visual Dictionary first and there will be something like "Rey Skywalker" and they will frame it like there is big reveal from Luke.

About new info from MSW: Yeah, Yeah, of course, Ben dies when Rey is taking a nap. She then defeats Palpy, looks around - no Ben Solo in sight. "Welp, what can I do", she will think. "Time to celebrate I guess"
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:19 pm

So JP and MSWs leaks are just simply that we don’t know what happens to Ben? I mean all people will do is debate if they don’t see him physically die on screen.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyloSpanishFan Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:24 pm

Oh my, the leaks sound more Kingdom Hearts than ever (and The Last Jedi was very "KingdomHeartt-ish"). But with the abence of Ben/Riku, wich would be RIDICULOUS

ReyloSpanishFan
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:25 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:And he says a few sources have seen the film.... welp.
@Kylo Rey

JJ said on GMA he finished it Sunday. So unless his sources saw it this week, something could have been slipped in by him alone.

Personally, Ben aside, I’m pretty heartbroken that they’re adamant Anakin is only a voice. He and Padme are my all-time favorite SW characters, and I felt like this was my last chance to see Hayden as Anakin.  Crying or Very sad

On a side note, Ahsoka and Ezra are going to be so “What the heck?” to a lot of people. The GA has no clue who they are. I personally only know what Ahsoka sounds like because of those Forces of Destiny shorts, and Ashley Eckstein repeatedly hosting Star Wars Weekends at WDW. I know nothing about Ezra or what he sounds like. I don’t mind them doing nods to the animation fans, but including those characters while ignoring Qui-Gon? Or even Mace? Blah.

@whisperingwillow Didn’t JJ say in one of the magazine interviews something like it will be a clear (or definitive?”) ending and not more mystery boxes? I could swear I read something like that this week. I don’t see how that computes with guess what happened to Ben.

Last edited by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:28 pm

special_cases wrote:
OrionStars wrote:@rey09  yeah, the leaker had the information of the incoming merchandise of Frozen 2 so he leaked everything, the storybook was even posted on the internet, but miraculously, even though he leaked the ending, he left out the most important part of what really happened to Elsa and Elsa/Anna's relationship at the end of Frozen 2. Now I don't know whether the leaker intentionally did it or he didn't know or Disney didn't include the most important part of the ending in Frozen 2 merchandise.

Coincidentally, at the same time when the plot of Frozen 2 was leaked and caused chaos among the fandom of Frozen, our Temiriblagg1 made an apology thread, in which he said that the merchandise was leaked by ...Disney themselves  on purpose to test the fans' reaction. Maybe it could explain something.
@OrionStars

I don't how much we can trust anything Temiriblagg1 says after everything he did. He obviously aligned himself with ReySky gang to make impression that ReySky is happening. Also ReySkys are sitting on some leaked additional material (visual books and novels) and purposefully don't share it. I'm 100% sure that they will get some Visual Dictionary first and there will be something like "Rey Skywalker" and they will frame it like there is big reveal from Luke.

bout new info from MSW: Yeah, Yeah, of course, Ben dies when Rey is taking a nap. She then defeats Palpy, looks around - no Ben Solo in sight. "Welp, what can I do", she will think. "Time to celebrate I guess"

@special_cases

I know, this is a *hilarious* detail to me. They keep saying what happens to Ben and then the details surrounding it become increasingly more hilarious. Rey is unconscious when Ben dies. Sure. Sure, that's what occurs. They keep piling it on and I don't know if they realize how ridiculous it sounds.[/quote]

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:29 pm

Right. It’s awfully convenient that his sources have seen the film when it just finished earlier this week. And it makes it so that no one can dispute his info.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:30 pm

Yeah all that just sounds so weird, like Rey doesn't even get a reaction to Ben's death and they're not even being coy about how important this relationship is to the story. I just can't believe there's no acknowledgment of Ben at any point after he's thrown in the pit, he's not seen as force ghost or revealed alive or Rey or some other character confirming his death considering the fact that multiple SW characters who fell down a whole turned up alive later. That would definitely be a very weird choice.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:31 pm

Tbh forget Ezra and Ahsoka, a lot of ppl won’t even realise it’s Anakin if it’s just voice only. There is so much that is just??? so?? bizarre about all this. How do you leave the final Skywalker’s fate ambiguous??? HOW
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:33 pm

These leaks look bad tbh. It's absolutely everything that makes no sense to me: Anakin/Vader aka Chosen One dead once and for all while the Big Bad still lives, the Skywalker descendant miserably evicted of the climax and Rey Palpatine becoming the true and only hero as a conclusion of 9 movies ? Meh...

Is there any revelation from where Rey's powers come from in these leaks (aside of being supposedly a Palpatine)? Because Daisy said it would be a cool and unexpected revelation or something like that.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:34 pm

Mila95 wrote:Yeah all that just sounds so weird, like Rey doesn't even get a reaction to Ben's death and they're not even being coy about how important this relationship is to the story. I just can't believe there's no acknowledgment of Ben at any point after he's thrown in the pit, he's not seen as force ghost or revealed alive or Rey or some other character confirming his death considering the fact that multiple SW characters who fell down a whole turned up alive later. That would definitely be a very weird choice.
@Mila95

What I find ridiculous too is he says he gets the argument for and against seeing Ben as a ghost, but he hopes we do. I’m sorry, but no, I don’t get the arguments that he is not worthy of becoming a Force ghost. If an unconflicted OT Vader with last second redemption was worthy of it, you bet your sweet bippy a tormented, conflicted and mentally abused Ben is. I refuse to believe JJ is that foolish and hates the character that much.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:34 pm

@nickandnora Yep, 1000 % ridiculous. There is no way to sell it visually. There should be additional scene at least even if Ben really died. Not to say that the moment of his death - when Rey is sleeping - is one of the worst ideas ever.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:35 pm

Hahaha yeah sure, Rey and Kylo’s dynamic will be resolved by Kylo pushed down the pit while Rey is unconscious.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:36 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:Right. It’s awfully convenient that his sources have seen the film when it just finished earlier this week. And it makes it so that no one can dispute his info.
@Lovely_Rose

Even the cast itself hasn't watched the movie for now. John said he would watch it next week. And I guess that the few people whi have watched are under strict instruction not to disclose anything. Frankly I don't wanna believe in these leaks until I see them with my own eyes. Most of them were false for the Last Jedi. I don't get how actors can say the movie is brillantly emotional with that kind of scenario. By the way, none of the leaks I have seen so far explain how Palpatine was able to maintain himself alive after his fall. John said that the revelation was brillant. Until now, none of the leaks make it look like the movie is brillant. Frankly, I ask myself if Disney/LF isn't trying to a mix of right and bad infos just to feed the haters who will go to the theaters expecting to watch a bad movie anyway. I don't even buy that story of the leaked script. I believe it's part of PR. They are so fed up to be called out for bad storytelling that they's ve decided to feed polemic around the movie to have people talk about it. That's my take on what's happening.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm

I think what annoys me with these leaks is we literally get no confirmation on Ben’s fate apparently. Rey has no reaction to the person who helps her from going to the dark side dying, makes no mention of her central relationship in the films, he isn’t a voice, and isn’t a force ghost. We literally have no idea what actually happens to him. Ugh.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm

Ben getting literally kicked down a pit to never be seen again is just so bizarre. I can't imagine that being true. The whole audience would be left blinking, waiting for the obvious resurgence that doesn't come. That isn't how you end the main antagonist, most important protagonist relationship, and last remaining Skywalker.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:51 pm

Someone on the cantina discord posted a screenshot of a DM with Jason Ward, asking them if the sources were tight lipped because of spoilers or because they’re in a small group who have seen the film and are afraid they’ll get caught. He replied and said small group have seen the movie.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next