Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+65
Dar-ren19
Night Huntress
loversinthestorm
Reylo Lemon
AhsokaTano
CienaRee
BenRey
Forsythia
Let The Past Die
rawpowah
Oscarborough-fairo
olyer
Krafty
bruna8728
justyou
vinventure12
MaddieDove
cherrylipstick
Apriljandy
Gemlake
Chris24601
Sarah_Loves28
SkyStar
giaciak2
Sad Man
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
ReyloSpanishFan
motherofpearl1
cirelle
SW_Heroine_Journey
Lily Snape
Marlow
OrionStars
Moonlight13
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Mila95
Nyx
Mana
Kyla Ren
MindAndMagic
KiraRen2015
Saracene
Moonjump05
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
nana7marie
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
Atenais
lauvamp
Teo oswald
Riri
Geralt_Riv
Kylo Rey
rey09
californiagirl
bashfulblueeyes3
Gemini
special_cases
unicorn
Blood Moon
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
69 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 10 Dec 2019, 5:35 pm

Gemini wrote:
Geralt_Riv wrote:Why the last track doesn't feel like it will connect well with the credits' theme?
@Geralt_Riv
It's not complete, I dont think

I also think farewell means farewell to Kylo Ren. You seem to literally  hear his theme die and Ben solos theme rise. Its positive, not like a death theme.
@Gemini
The first half feels like a death theme and the second part has the happiest tone of the whole soundtrack.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Tue 10 Dec 2019, 5:35 pm

Also

Primary reason for a sound track is to match audience emotion or to match action in a scene.

I remember once thinking with the TFA sound track Reys theme going dark was revealing something but it wasnt. It just coincided with like a bad moment in the film/something bad happening to her.

Reys patents theme cuts to kylos theme abruptly,  so the scene most likely cuts to him there.

Parents track reminds me of TLK. "Remember" since when does SW use a choir?

The death moment in farewell is kylos theme. Not Ben's. That's something else going on. That's a HELLO not a goodbye when we hear Ben's theme.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 10 Dec 2019, 5:49 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Geralt_Riv wrote:Why the last track doesn't feel like it will connect well with the credits' theme?
@Geralt_Riv
It's not complete, I dont think

I also think farewell means farewell to Kylo Ren. You seem to literally  hear his theme die and Ben solos theme rise. Its positive, not like a death theme.
@Gemini
The first half feels like a death theme and the second part has the happiest tone of the whole soundtrack.
@Geralt_Riv

Agreed, 100% the second part is happy. Kylo Ren is completely gone from Ben Solo. I think.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 5:54 pm

I'm thinking back to this epic picture. Did ppl think this could be pasana, or possibly tatooine now? I skimmed thru pasana leaks in the past, didn't care for it, but I gathered it was more action than emotional upheaval?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 T-star-wars-cover-images

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm

Finishing the saga without Anakin Ghost (but we saw Yoda and we'll see Luke and Leia?)....seriously?

And what's the point of resurrecting this saga, because at the end Skywalker's legacy looks like a secondary thing used just to support another character's story (Rey)?

Definitely I'm tired of seeing the Skywalker members sad, hurt, unhappy and dead.

lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:05 pm

@rey09

rey09 wrote:I'm thinking back to this epic picture. Did ppl think this could be pasana, or possibly tatooine now? I skimmed thru pasana leaks in the past, didn't care for it, but I gathered it was more action than emotional upheaval?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 T-star-wars-cover-images
@rey09

Gotta be the two  suns on tatooine right?

They are, IMO both looking at the binary sunset or sunrise

They are both also positioned like the twin suns.

Imagine the camera was behind them and they are looking at this:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Hqdefa11

The sky colour behind them matches the binary sunset sun colors, rey is the white sun, kylo the red.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

Seriously, folks, don't give up, nothing is confirmed still. Tatooine scene "changed" like most people previously suspected. Rey and droids for now. Perhaps we need someone else to make it like the last shot from AoTC.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:16 pm

@special_cases So, so foolish to just gobble stuff up and not question motives. Most leakers have an angle, be it an agenda or a bias or hubris. To repeatedly do an ostrich impersonation and ignore those possibilities sets you up for trouble. And it’s always the messenger that gets to deal with the fallout! I’ll look forward to whatever you can share when you can. So much of this has smelled hinky to me from the start, I knew something was off.

@lauvamp No Anakin appearance will upset me so much. I have to hope he’s missing from the leaks too, and it’s more agenda driven nonsense. If the person can be biased against Kylo and Reylo, they can be biased against the PT and Anakin too. I’m torn because I can see JJ leaving him out (grr...), but at the same time? Why did Disney pull Hayden from that ComicCon Q&A when he was ready to go on stage? They could’ve just pulled Ian, but they pulled Hayden too. That doesn’t jive with no Anakin, IMO.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:18 pm

special_cases wrote:Seriously, folks, don't give up, nothing is confirmed still. Tatooine scene "changed" like most people previously suspected. Rey and droids for now. Perhaps we need someone else to make it like the last shot from AoTC.
@special_cases

The droids are R2 and 3po? I didn't read it.

@Gemini I hope to God Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad that picture has got to mean binary sunset at this point.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:20 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Wait, I’m seeing people say it’s Leia’s theme only. I’m confused now lol.
@Kylo Rey

We can clearly hear the same theme at: 00:23 in Healing Wounds and at 1:31 in Across the Stars.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:23 pm

@AcrosstheStars I'm not losing hope about Anakin too. It would have been connected to Ben so you can do secret scene with few people and right now people can be afraid to share about it. Not putting Anakin in the movie will be dumb choice. Dumb and unnecessary!
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:32 pm

rey09 wrote:
special_cases wrote:Seriously, folks, don't give up, nothing is confirmed still. Tatooine scene "changed" like most people previously suspected. Rey and droids for now. Perhaps we need someone else to make it like the last shot from AoTC.
@special_cases

The droids are R2 and 3po? I didn't read it.

@Gemini I hope to God Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad that picture has got to mean binary sunset at this point.
@rey09
I went and looked and it says only BB-8 is with her. That’s weird they would include him and not Artoo and 3PO. I am heartened by the possibility of no Jannah, Poe, Finn there though. That was always idiotic to me.

@special_cases Dumb wouldn’t begin to cover it IMO, but I’m a biased Anakin fangirl who will probably cry if we do see him, so.  Laughing  Half the time I feel like they treat us PT fan firsts like chopped liver, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they omitted him. Just tick me off and depress me. Just seems like an easy thing to hide from leakers. I don’t really buy this person saw the movie. Maybe, but if they did, I wouldn’t put it past them to leave more out given the context you gave us, plus like I think you alluded to, some fear of getting caught on certain bits.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:34 pm

1:40

2:50

Spoiler:

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:36 pm

These additional details certainly tie things up in a significantly more coherent and logical manner. Anybody on Reddit who was hand-wringing and telling people that "never to be seen again" was the final say needs to reexamine their ability to read a story. No duh "never to be seen again" wasn't the end. Ben using his life to resurrect Rey is pretty goshdarned epic - it's the Skywalkers doing what Palpatine never did and cheating death, and it's all thanks to Ben's connection with Rey. It will probably be very powerful and it leaves Ben with the final heroic deed. It also explains Rey Skywalker. His life is within her and she is "reborn" via his sacrifice. That's the direct meaning of the title as well: Ben "raises" Rey Skywalker from the dead. I imagine if this is the final say then there will be some direct indication that they'll be together in the Force someday because death is not the end.

This is a conclusion that I find sad, but not altogether unsatisfying. It's something I need to see and feel. I might love it or it might feel a tad empty depending on the execution. Ben dying was never a dealbreaker to me. I do think it's a rather bittersweet ending for Rey, but in a way it's the ultimate twist on Anakin and Padme. Ben gives his life force for Rey and we go full circle to a woman on Tatooine.

I called demon vampire Palps a few weeks ago. Can't go wrong with the Gothic horror imagery.

Rey doesn't break the Skywalker sabers, lol. No duh. Lightsabers don't change colour for no reason! Of course hers is new.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:47 pm

Over a hundred notifications within a few hours = I knew something must’ve dropped!

@Riri Thank you for sharing with us all that stuff! Cheek kiss

I’m glad the score titles leaked so we can discuss them and speculate, it’s also great that we’ve got some samples of music - even though I’m not listening now, I wanna hear it for the first time while watching the film.

Kylo Rey wrote:Yup. This. There are setups that have been written into this movie (going off these leaks) that pretty much require Ben to live. Having Leia admit her fears about Ben dying is a really good way to get more people on board with wanting him to live. There is literally no reason whatsoever for that scene if he’s going to die anyway. None. Just don’t write it if you’re gonna have him die. But having Leia’s last wishes validated after she passes away? That’s emotional and very satisfying, and a great way to honour Carrie. And killing Kylo three times is overkill.

Still, going from NTBSA to “rising from the pit and getting to make out with your girlfriend before you die” is certainly an upgrade lmao.
@Kylo Rey
ZioRen wrote:I'm sorry but even though a kiss is some serious canon Reylo stuff, I'm laughing right now. How many times can one man "die?" First he gets stabbed and healed. Then he gets pitted and very conveniently only manages to crawl back up right when the battle is over, then he gives his life force and dies for realz? Are we sure? It all sounds super silly. Between this and Chewie and Threepio and whoever else it is who "dies," that's a lot of fake-out deaths. Comically so!
@ZioRen
I’d lie if I said that reading that leak didn’t make me laugh - and honestly laughter is what I’d expect from the audience when Kylo supposedly dies for the third time within one film!  lol!

Mila95 wrote:The kiss makes things a bit better at least imo because reylo fans will get some confirmation and it wouldn't just pointless baiting. It's just our luck to have to deal with such a biased source tho, they really try to make Kylo and anything related to reylo seem horrible.
@Mila95
It’d actually be explicit Reylo, just sans HEA.

Moonjump05 wrote:Love how the leaks have changed too, first it was Ben is yeeted into pit never to be seen again, then he still is yeeted but joins Rey, then he is yeeted after giving up his life force to Rey but no reylo, now it's literal kiss of life after yeeting.  

I'm waiting for the complete 180 leaker.
@Moonjump05
Approves

AcrosstheStars wrote:@special_cases So, so foolish to just gobble stuff up and not question motives. Most leakers have an angle, be it an agenda or a bias or hubris. To repeatedly do an ostrich impersonation and ignore those possibilities sets you up for trouble. And it’s always the messenger that gets to deal with the fallout! I’ll look forward to whatever you can share when you can. So much of this has smelled hinky to me from the start, I knew something was off.
@AcrosstheStars
Same. I live for the drama. ROFL
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm

I would be ok or could even like the ending with dead Ben. It depends on the execution, what he would achieve as a character in the story, if his death has some greater meaning.  And with the way his death is presented now in the leaks I would be ok with it.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:55 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Anybody on Reddit who was hand-wringing and telling people that "never to be seen again" was the final say needs to reexamine their ability to read a story. No duh "never to be seen again" wasn't the end.
@FrolickingFizzgig

LOL I could not for the life of me understand how ppl actually took that seriously. Yet again, the star wars fandom shows its lack of intellect.

My gripe with the rebirth, and I like your though process on that, but I feel that he could easily resurrect her and also live at the same time. The force is so powerful between them, they are forcemates, I don't think it'd be impossible to have that happen. Whatever. I'm still holding on to them being together *physically* somehow lol

Do you think she'll ever be with another person? She's always wanted family, I just feel it will get very icky. She either has another person or she's celibate for the rest of her days, which will probably be a loong time.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 10 Dec 2019, 6:56 pm

I'm remembering discussions from months ago about how the JP leaks seemed like they were manually removing anything that would indicate romantic and/or sexual tension, or even Kylo being anything but antagonistic towards Rey until the very end, which still kind of bled through even with those efforts. If this new stuff pans out, wow, that suspicion was on point, more than I might have expected.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:01 pm

rey09 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Anybody on Reddit who was hand-wringing and telling people that "never to be seen again" was the final say needs to reexamine their ability to read a story. No duh "never to be seen again" wasn't the end.
@FrolickingFizzgig

LOL I could not for the life of me understand how ppl actually took that seriously. Yet again, the star wars fandom shows its lack of intellect.

My gripe with the rebirth, and I like your though process on that, but I feel that he could easily resurrect her and also live at the same time. The force is so powerful between them, they are forcemates, I don't think it'd be impossible to have that happen. Whatever. I'm still holding on to them being together *physically* somehow lol

Do you think she'll ever be with another person? She's always wanted family, I just feel it will get very icky. She either has another person or she's celibate for the rest of her days, which will probably be a loong time.
@rey09
Force Ghosts can ignite trees and catch lightsabers. I'm sure she can still have fun with Ben.

(I'm kidding)
((Mostly))

I don't know if he could bring her back without dying. It seems as though the Force healing they share involves the transferring of life force from one to the other. When she heals him he isn't dead, just wounded. Rey is apparently literally dead. He has to raise her with the most literal healing followed by kiss of life (and death) in cinema history.

In all honesty the ending is now confusing for Rey. So she's alone on Tatooine... huh? I'm wondering if something is being poorly interpreted once again. It's not going to be clear until we see it for ourselves.

@californiagirl
Yep, they also edited Rose out of the film hahaha. I totally suspected someone was trying to twist the leaks/film and deliberately ignore certain elements of the story.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:03 pm

Palpy in Ep.9 based on the leaks Laughing
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Bezety18
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:03 pm

JP keeping quotes from his source such as "Rey and Kylo kiss in a weird fanfic moment" tells you all you need to know about his motivations. All these months he enjoyed making reylos panic and despair with his "info" and now last minute includes stuff like this. In addition he seems entirely unapologetic about insisting that Kylo is thrown in the pit never to be seen again (which he pushed constantly when others told him it made no sense) and maintaining that there's no kiss and no reylo content. This is exactly why I'm highly skeptical about Ben staying dead. This entire time JP and Jason as well sought to troll our fandom, period.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:05 pm

I can deal with Kylo dying. I am fine if he gives his life to bring Rey back from death in the same way Vader tried for years to bring back Padme. We’ve seen Vader’s story so much being about saving Padme that Kylo being able to do that to save the woman he loves is one I’m comfortable with even if it means his death.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:10 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:JP keeping quotes from his source such as "Rey and Kylo kiss in a weird fanfic moment" tells you all you need to know about his motivations. All these months he enjoyed making reylos panic and despair with his "info" and now last minute includes stuff like this. In addition he seems entirely unapologetic about insisting that Kylo is thrown in the pit never to be seen again (which he pushed constantly when others told him it made no sense) and maintaining that there's no kiss and no reylo content. This is exactly why I'm highly skeptical about Ben staying dead. This entire time JP and Jason as well sought to troll our fandom, period.
@Lovely_Rose
I don't even think it was intentional trolling (although they are certainly jerks), I think it was pure arrogance for JP especially. He believed he was completely right because he had a source with a similar outlook on the story, he just overlooked the fact that the source might actually be twisting information, interpreting poorly and outright leaving sh*t out (which really doesn't seem farfetched at this juncture). If there's a kiss as their final "moment" then the whole film is going to build to that with all levels of tension and romantic imagery, some of which we've already seen. The bones of that was obvious in the leaks, but it was being purposefully warped.

I choked with laughter at "fanfic moment".
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:15 pm

I'll believe Ben dies when I see it on screen.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 10 Dec 2019, 7:25 pm

In a bizarre way, Kylo's ending actually sounds way more satisfying to me than Rey's now? I mean it's still sad that he dies and it's still too close to RotJ for my liking, but at least he goes out in an epic way with a spectacular act of pure selfless love. Whereas Rey... finds a solitary New Home on yet another crappy dustbowl planet that Luke couldn't wait to get away from? That's her "belonging"? scratch Sounds more like an excuse to go, "hey remember Tatooine??" Also, Ben's sacrifice as an explanation for why Rey takes the name of his uncle (the person in the family she had the least bonding with) doesn't cut it for me at all.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next