Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey Kenobi Postmortem

+22
madeinmn
BigDeal2187
rey09
SheLitAFire
californiagirl
KiraRen2015
Darth Snoopy
vaderito
Saracene
karamelreylo
Mila95
Starliteprism
unicorn
motherofpearl1
SW_Heroine_Journey
reylo1992
bruna8728
giaciak2
Socialnole
Gemini
spacebaby45678
fuhry
26 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Dec 2019, 1:48 am

@gemini

from the new visual dictionary...

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 EMwDPPLUEAA4jeM?format=jpg&name=900x900
Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 EMxZPpgWkAAqPp7?format=jpg&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 27 Dec 2019, 5:18 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:@gemini

from the new visual dictionary...

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 EMwDPPLUEAA4jeM?format=jpg&name=900x900
Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 EMxZPpgWkAAqPp7?format=jpg&name=small
@spacebaby45678

Oooof

So what's that diagram of? Luke's and leias? That's clearly obi wans.

I cant forgive LF. They could have at least changed the shape of Leias o e during their retcon.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:00 am

@gemini

Leia's saber is Obi Wan's saber with some princess glam all over it.. well that is my theory anyway
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 01 Jan 2020, 1:10 am

Happy New Year! Rey Kenobists... it did not turn out the way we envisioned... but I can say our instincts were good, and Rey Kenobi would have been the right choice for the saga, and for whatever reasons that was not the final decision. There is nothing wrong with dreaming and hoping for a happy ending.. may we all stay optimists in the new year 2020!
Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 ENLX5F5UcAA-R-q?format=jpg&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 01 Jan 2020, 5:47 pm

The Skywalker saga may be done but MY HEADCANON WILL NEVER DIE!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Sat 04 Jan 2020, 8:44 am

Hey, I just thought of something. Although TROS established Rey as Palpatine's grandaughter, and established ONE of her parents (mother or father, we don't know) as being the child of Palpatine, it did not establish any origin for her other parent.

THEREFORE, Obviously.... her mother is the daughter of Palpatine and her father is Korkie Kryze.

I did just read an article though, that claims that Rey's father is Palpatine's son and that her mother is his daughter-in-law, but I don't remember the movie establishing that.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 04 Jan 2020, 9:58 am

Kylo clearly states in the movie that Rey's father is Palpatine's son
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Jan 2020, 10:30 am

fuhry wrote:The Skywalker saga may be done but MY HEADCANON WILL NEVER DIE!
@fuhry

fuhry wrote:Hey, I just thought of something. Although TROS established Rey as Palpatine's grandaughter, and established ONE of her parents (mother or father, we don't know) as being the child of Palpatine, it did not establish any origin for her other parent.

THEREFORE, Obviously.... her mother is the daughter of Palpatine and her father is Korkie Kryze.

I did just read an article though, that claims that Rey's father is Palpatine's son and that her mother is his daughter-in-law, but I don't remember the movie establishing that.
@fuhry

I think LF has left a lot of room for expanding Rey's lineage or retcon with TROS... so much seems very vague.. not that i am holding out hope or anything..

However, the fact that the Dark Saber is in The Mandalorian sets up lots of interesting questions about Bo and Korks.. I am interested in the light that can be cast on this during TCW season 7 in February
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Sat 04 Jan 2020, 10:38 am

@spacebaby45678 I shouted out loud when I saw that darksaber blade! I was like, "OK, now I'm hooked on this series."
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 17 Jan 2020, 8:58 pm

Photo of a page from the Art of book that does seem to validate Rey Kenobi was a direction they were headed at one time.  If Rey was going to be related to anyone, Kenobi is a billion times better than Palpatine!

Rey Kenobi Postmortem - Page 2 EOe1yO3UUAAPuob?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 20 Jan 2020, 8:13 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Photo of a page from the Art of book that does seem to validate Rey Kenobi was a direction they were headed at one time.  If Rey was going to be related to anyone, Kenobi is a billion times better than Palpatine!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for posting this. Rey Kenobi was the only right choice for the Saga as a whole. They chose the saga destroyer and Reylo destroyer anyway in Rey Palpatine.

This artwork reflects Rey as the Lion King.. it would have and could have been great.. Oh well
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 20 Jan 2020, 8:13 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Photo of a page from the Art of book that does seem to validate Rey Kenobi was a direction they were headed at one time.  If Rey was going to be related to anyone, Kenobi is a billion times better than Palpatine!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

………

And here we have a possible visual representation of what was MEANT to be.

Ben solo/Kylo ren, on mustafar seeing Rey Kenobi through Obi Wan Kenobi's lost light saber. Its the rain scene from TFA from Kylos possible Point of view

I'm done. I was done 3 weeks ago but yeah...this is the cherry on top of a s*** heap of a pie.

Oh Disney Lucasfilm, JJ, RJ, KK...Rey Palpatine and Random will forever bite you in the a** for years to come. terrible, terrible choices for Rey's identity and story. Rey Random (you can be special and be nothing theme) and Rey Palpatine (takes it all) killed Ben Solo, the last Skywalker. Rey random and palpatine opened up the pathway and justification for Rey to take it all from the dead Skywallers. I'm sure of it. No way in hell would Rey Kenobi take the Skywalker name. BEN would be alive if they just stuck with rey kenobi.

You had the perfect choice, right there, a perfect story, BEN alive on Tatooine with Rey and you decided to throw gasoline on it and set it on fire and s*** on it. And for what? a d**** measuring contest between JJ and RJ, over who could ruin and destroy eachothers characters and story  the best? KK's inserting herself into Rey? DONT NEED NO MAN. Listening to loud pathetic, narcissistic  internet bullies who you thought represented the entire fandom?..Jesus Christ what a MESS.

NEVER CHANGE YOUR STORY TO FIT WHAT LOUD, CONTROLLING "FANS" WANT ON THE INTERNET, they tend to not represent the audience.

Someone at DLF is trying to tell us what it was meant to be. Its everywhere even in this book.All over the marketing...everywhere
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 20 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

Gemini wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

………

And here we have a possible visual representation of what was MEANT to be.

Ben solo/Kylo ren, on mustafar seeing Rey Kenobi through Obi Wan Kenobi's lost light saber. Its the rain scene from TFA from Kylos possible Point of view

I'm done. I was done 3 weeks ago but yeah...this is the cherry on top of a s*** heap of a pie.

Oh Disney Lucasfilm, JJ, RJ, KK...Rey Palpatine and Random will forever bite you in the a** for years to come. terrible, terrible choices for Rey's identity and story. Rey Random (you can be special and be nothing theme) and Rey Palpatine (takes it all) killed Ben Solo, the last Skywalker. Rey random and palpatine opened up the pathway and justification for Rey to take it all from the dead Skywallers. I'm sure of it. No way in hell would Rey Kenobi take the Skywalker name. BEN would be alive if they just stuck with rey kenobi.

You had the perfect choice, right there, a perfect story, BEN alive on Tatooine with Rey and you decided to throw gasoline on it and set it on fire and s*** on it. And for what? a d**** measuring contest between JJ and RJ, over who could ruin and destroy eachothers characters and story  the best? KK's inserting herself into Rey? DONT NEED NO MAN. Listening to loud pathetic, narcissistic  internet bullies who you thought represented the entire fandom?..Jesus Christ what a MESS.

NEVER CHANGE YOUR STORY TO FIT WHAT LOUD, CONTROLLING "FANS" WANT ON THE INTERNET, they tend to not represent the audience.

Someone at DLF is trying to tell us what it was meant to be. Its everywhere even in this book.All over the marketing...everywhere
@Gemini

I love your interpretation of the concept art! Interesting, it was Ben seeing Rey's vision, with additional information that Rey is the granddaughter of Obi-Wan, and actually seeing Obi-Wan when he called Rey to Anakin's lightsaber?

I am sad now it did not occur, and I am actually wondering why JJ and CT chose Palpatine when they wanted her related to a legacy character. Why not Kenobi? UGH/SIGH!!!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:02 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for posting this. Rey Kenobi was the only right choice for the Saga as a whole. They chose the saga destroyer and Reylo destroyer anyway in Rey Palpatine.

This artwork reflects Rey as the Lion King.. it would have and could have been great.. Oh well
@spacebaby45678

Sigh...I agree, it would have been majestic. I have a feeling that the powers that be are finally beginning to kick themselves, and maybe they are searching for reasons why (and reading this forum, including this thread).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 31 Mar 2020, 1:48 pm

I think there are two reasons I they decided on Palpatine.

Firstly it made Rey a princess. Like Leia.
Secondly, they are obviously favouring the'old' Jedi way of no family, no attachments, no sex!

If Rey was Obi Wan's granddaughter, it meant that at some time in his life Obi Wan had coitus. Tut tut, can't have that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 01 Apr 2020, 1:49 am

Possible.
SW became boring and predictable. They look only only backwarts, in everything.
No progress, only spinning around in circles at best, and that´s sad. :-(
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 01 Apr 2020, 2:37 am

The saddest thing for me is the potential that's been wasted.
Rian set up things beautifully at the end of TLJ. I honestly thought TROS would explore a different kind of war, one where the antagonists were shades of grey rather than black and white. Kylo's proposal to Rey seemed to hint at that when he said it was time for 'something new' - not a continuation of the First Order under Snoke, but maybe something he was trying to create that might have been, while not exactly benevolent, not as bad as the Empire. A lot of people argue against this by pointing to his behaviour post Rey's rejection, but that was practically screaming jilted lover - the look on his face when Rey slammed the door on him was that of a man whose hurt fuelled rage had burned out, leaving only the loneliness.
And I still think he could have ordered the FO to shoot down the Falcon, but he did not.

Meanwhile on the other side we had Poe's comments about'burning the FO to the ground' , a direct inversion of the similar speech Holdo made about the'spark of hope'. I thought TROS Poe would be the new leader of the Resistance, but more fanatical than Leia, more along Saw Guerrera's type of leader than Leia or Holdo. I know they had to write Leia out of TROS, because we sadly lost Carrie, but Poe being ready to step up as leader in TROS was already established at the end of TLJ, Leia acknowledged him as her successor by telling everyone to 'follow him', and he was shown in the foreground, Leia in the background, when Luke mentioned that the Resistance were 'reborn'.
A guy on YouTube recently was describing the Canto Bight scenes as an essential part of the story Rian wanted to tell, because it was the 'setting up' of his theme of every one in TLJ being shades of grey rather than black and white - DJ as a character's function was to point out that both sides of the conflict weren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Looking back on it I now realize that Canto Bight wasnt just a light hearted diversions from the more serious drama, but a vital part of the story Rian wanted to tell.

They didn't need to resurrect Palpatine. To quote Leia, they had everything they needed right there. Kylo now led the FO, but the smirk on Hux's face said it all - he was waiting for Kylo to slip up. And Rian created the chance for Kylo to slip up, if Hux had found out about who really killed Snoke. Poe would lead the Resistance but his methods in all likelihood would be far more extreme than Leia's. And Finn's role was ready for him - to lead the stormtrooper rebellion.
Caught in the middle would be Rey - I would have loved to see her torn between her loyalty to the Resistance, who now were not acting like the guys in white hats she thought they were,and her feelings towards Kylo.

It actually saddens me to think of what might have been.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 01 Apr 2020, 11:58 am

They had every opportunity to deliver an at least decent movie. But nope, they dropped every ball possible in order to satisfy some never to be satisfied peole, big mistake, whatever.
Missed opportunities everywhere. Reylo was canon, but now it´s dead. I will move away slowly but steady, for me it´s over.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 01 Apr 2020, 12:24 pm

I understand, I have a hard time liking Rey these days, which is a shame, because I loved her originally. I can get behind what some fans are saying, that she isn't the same person as she was.

I find myself comparing her to Yennifer in The Witcher, currently my favourite female character. Yennifer is a powerful sorcerers, but unlike Rey everything she has - her skill, her beauty - she earned, through blood, sweat and tears. I know of course that there's no way Rey could have gone through something like that in a family orientated, Disney film, but they could at least have had her endure some kind of trial to gain what she eventually has, the goddess like worship of the galaxy.
Rey isn't a relatable heroine. She's also not very likeable. They completely destroyed her for me when she went waltzing off to Tattooine without a single reference to the young man who'd died for her. Rae Carson tried to put some empathy for her in the novel, but it's not enough.

I would like them to bring back Ben and give him a love interest, but...not Rey. Someone like Rose, someone more human.

I remember just before the film was released, JJ saying that we wouldn't get to see a shirtless Adam in this one. I should have seen the warning signs then.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 01 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm

We are spamming here the Rey Kenoby thread, btw, not good.

Maybe the only warning sign we needed was "JJ and CT make a SW movie" Laughing
But it's easy to be wise after the event.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 01 Apr 2020, 3:09 pm

It's OK, I'm happy to see this thread pop up again.

Lost in all the disappointment, I hadn't thought about how convinced I was that Richard E. Grant was playing Korkie Kryze. I'm thinking that J.J. and crew are thinking "We need an older guy who looks like a Kenobi" and choosing Grant. When in fact it was "We need a FO leader so we can have this goofy ha ha situation where Hux is a mole for the Resistance".

Sigh.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 01 Apr 2020, 3:22 pm

Maybe it´s good they didn´t touch Kenobi. They had it ruined anyway.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 01 Apr 2020, 3:59 pm

fuhry wrote:It's OK, I'm happy to see this thread pop up again.

Lost in all the disappointment, I hadn't thought about how convinced I was that Richard E. Grant was playing Korkie Kryze. I'm thinking that J.J. and crew are thinking "We need an older guy who looks like a Kenobi" and choosing Grant. When in fact it was "We need a FO leader so we can have this goofy ha ha situation where Hux is a mole for the Resistance".

Sigh.
Richard was wasted.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Sun 26 Apr 2020, 9:24 pm

Hello, my fellow Rey Kenobists, I hope this finds you well.

Back when Revenge of the Sith came out, I liked the story but didn't like the dialogue and a few things bothered me, so I found the script online and I rewrote it. It was cool because I could read the script and still have the visuals from the movie in my mind, but have the things I didn't like corrected (at least according to my headcanon).

I did the same thing with The Last Jedi - I liked the movie and loved the story, but there were a few things I wanted to change. And they were kind of minor details - they didn't significantly change the outcome.

After that, I wrote my own script for episode IX, which was fun, but Since TROS came out, I've been waiting to find a script online so I can do the same thing. I also read Treverrow's script, which had some things I liked. I still haven't found a TROS script but I found a translation of an audio feed so I decided to work with that.

Unlike TLJ and ROTS, the TROS script needed - ahem - pretty major revisions. But I kept the basic background of TROS. And I kept some of the dialogue, until I couldn't. lol. I added in some elements from the one I wrote, and even a nod or two to Treverrow.

So without further ado, here it is! I would love for you to read it, if you're looking for some social distance activity!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PgJIX9HSEvAJfbC9ffZq6QVRsME2d1PDzW1yrzgxEuE/edit?usp=sharing

fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 04 May 2020, 1:20 pm

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down