Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate

+5
rey09
AnneNeville
Search Your Feelings
Force22
panki
9 posters

Go down

Will Han Solo appear in Sequels and if so, in what form?

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap0%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap12%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap4%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap4%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap28%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 19 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap30%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 21 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap14%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 10 ]
[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_lcap3%[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 69

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Empty [Speculation] Han Solo's Fate

Post by panki Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:08 pm

This has been driving me crazy for a few days....

What is the fate of Han Solo? Now I am not looking for a reason for him to be alive to redeem Kylo....I'm just a little confused by all the mixed messages regarding Han Solo's fate.

At the Gold Globes, when asked if Han Solo is dead, Harrison Ford said- Is he dead? He’s resting.

On Good Morning American, Harrison Ford said this about Han Solo...His destiny is resolved in a powerful and effective way. I wanted Han Solo to be able to lend some significant emotional weight to the story.

Then on BBC news, when she was asked if Han Solo would return, he said- Anything’s possible in space, and the movies.

And recently on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, here is the conversation-

Host Jimmy Kimmel joked, "In this case, they actually killed you."

"Shocking!" Ford said with a smirk. "Shocking!"

In reality, he said, "I argued for 30 years for this to happen, and finally I wore 'em down."

"So, you won't be in any of the other movies?" Kimmel asked.

"Who said that?" Ford said teasingly. "Who made you the boss?" Kimmel pressed his guest for an answer, asking, "Do you know if the character Han Solo will continue, or do you not know?"

"That's a good question, right?" Ford replied.

"Interesting," Kimmel said. "I have no idea what to make of your answer."

I also remember a casting sheet for episode VIII that had his name on it, but his name didn't appear in the final cast list. Also, Kathleen Kennedy mentioned in a TFA press conference that the whole cast that was present at that conference were going to be in the sequel...and Harrison Ford was also there.

Now Han Solo is unlikely to be a force ghost....but he could be in a flashback, a holocron or maybe an embodiment of Kylo's guilt....or did he by some weird miracle survive the starkiller destruction with grave injuries? I feel his death is important for the way the story seems to be progressing....but is there some weird twist they're going to throw at us in the sequel?
A part of me would love to see him alive and a part of me feels his death is necessary for a great story.... I am torn pale

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Han-solo-return-of-the-jedi_612x380-450x270

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Empty Re: [Speculation] Han Solo's Fate

Post by panki Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:19 pm

@Force22 .....you can vote for multiple choices if you would like... Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm

I want Han to be Kylo/Ben's Jiminy Cricket. Lolilol Every time he's about to do something bad, I want Han to pop up and tell him off.

I actually wrote a short fanfic with Han manifesting as (sort of) the ghost of Ben's conscience.

I wouldn't rule out Harrison Ford returning in some form. Even if it's just his voice or a hologram recording, or something. Never say die! Tire langue L

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:06 pm

I voted that we will likely see Han in Ep8 as:

Kylo's guilt, no doubt about that. I want him to see Han standing there and Kylo will falter or freak out internally. He will be haunted by Han Solo and what he did to him.
A regular ghost to Kylo. The force flows through every living thing. Maybe Kylo would be able to pick up a remnant of Han in some way other than a Force Ghost.
A holocron - would like to see Rey or Kylo see Han in a hologram or image/video of happier times.
Voice - maybe accusatory, or loving, or from memories.
Other: In a Forceback or Ben Solo's backstory.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

I think that "voice" or "flashback" are good possibilities, depending on Kylo's arc. And the film's budget. Laughing
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:17 pm

Definitely want to see Kylo being haunted by Han. It would be so so good. I wonder if they'll do flashbacks when Ben is very young. Hope so. But then Carrie and Harrison can't do those...they'd be too old. I imagine they could have stand-ins for Han and Leia but you can't see their faces. That'd be cool I think. The focus would be on little Ben only. With Rey watching in the distance hopefully Smile

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm

rey09 wrote:Definitely want to see Kylo being haunted by Han. It would be so so good. I wonder if they'll do flashbacks when Ben is very young. Hope so. But then Carrie and Harrison can't do those...they'd be too old. I imagine they could have stand-ins for Han and Leia but you can't see their faces. That'd be cool I think. The focus would be on little Ben only. With Rey watching in the distance hopefully Smile

Yes, they could do flashbacks with blurry young Han and Leia lookalikes (kind of like the photographer Alison Jackson does in her famous photos) using Carrie and Harrison's speaking voices.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:24 am

I want to see him as a force ghost. With the combined power of Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan, they could lead Han's spirit like it's rumored Yoda and Obi-Wan did for Anakin.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:50 am

Purple Ren wrote:I want to see him as a force ghost.  With the combined power of Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan, they could lead Han's spirit like it's rumored Yoda and Obi-Wan did for Anakin.

I like this idea too. I actually really hope that they shake up the whole Force concept in this trilogy. I mean are there only four guys in "Galaxy heaven"? I know that there were limitations in the EU, but were those ever made canon in movies? Maybe Qui-Gon found out that they were wrong? That there are all kinds of people on the other side ... but he was the only one who could get back to tell the tale.

Like @Mrs Ben Solo said, I like the idea of Han turning up on Kylo a lot too. It wouldn't have to be all depressing all the time either if Han turned up multiple times. I don't Kylo going completely insane from guilt. And both Adam and Harrison can do dry comedy well. I can practically see Kylo saying, "Now ... now ... you pay attention to me! What? No schemes going on the other side?" Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 03 Apr 2016, 3:13 am

I think it's possible for him to appear in a flashback, though I'm not sure how they'd de-age him. They could always do it with CGI - it's a pretty common technique these days, though I'm not a fan. It always has that fake creepy feel.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 03 Apr 2016, 3:42 am

Saracene wrote:I think it's possible for him to appear in a flashback, though I'm not sure how they'd de-age him. They could always do it with CGI - it's a pretty common technique these days, though I'm not a fan. It always has that fake creepy feel.
Maybe they can do it just through voices, maybe we'll hear han and leia arguing while ben starts to isolate himself #suggestion
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:52 am

Han is dead....killed by his own son....
But I expect him back in 8 and maybe 9 as a manifestation of Kylo's guilt, followed by a flashback from a certain past event that caused Ben's alienation from his family and last a voice in Ben's head...

He should not become force ghost...or a normal ghost...he would be the first normal ghost in SW (btw what would be the difference between a normal ghost or a force ghost???) Not everyone can be a force ghost....you have to know the force to be the force ghost?...Han knows of the force...he doesn't know the force....also why all other dead Jedi didn't become force ghosts? Is it that you have to be extra strong or connected to the force for that?

What's a holocron and how would Han fit in there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:11 am

I really would like to see hem in episode VIII as Kylo's guilt, in a flashback or as a voice. Really looking forward what they will do. Can't wait, patience is not my strongest point. WinksD

I also would like to know what a holocron is.

Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:55 am

@Arcana @Queen Rey.....

A holocron is a crystalline structure within which lessons and valuable information are stored, and a lot of them were kept in the Jedi temple of Coruscant till the Emperor took over the place. These structures can belong to jedi or sith, and are considered valuable. They can only be activated using the Force.

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate 640px-Holocron_Diagram
Jedi Holocron

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Sith_holocron_sketch_2_by_tushka27-d3jy4gh
Sith Holocron

In the EU, Han Solo and Luke featured in something called Holothrillers. These are similar but used to store tales of action and adventure.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:00 am

Kiitos @panki
But still don't get how can Han fit there? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:14 pm

Arcana wrote:Kiitos @panki
But still don't get how can Han fit there? Very Happy

Lol..... He won't fit in there Razz ......these are small objects....but it is like an exotic video recorder...images of people are recorded and can be replayed.

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Anakin

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate Sith_holocron_by_slagatastic

I forgot to mention there are regular holograms also...most famous of which is Princess Leia's message to Obiwan in ANH.

[Speculation] Han Solo's Fate 250?cb=20130226044008

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

I think he is dead....didn´t you see when Kylo killed him?

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 15 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

Dark Cutie wrote:I think he is dead....didn´t you see when Kylo killed him?
@Dark Cutie

Nobody is disputing that.....we're debating how he might possibly make an appearance in episode 8 (despite possibly being dead). Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:53 am

panki wrote:
Dark Cutie wrote:I think he is dead....didn´t you see when Kylo killed him?
@Dark Cutie

Nobody is disputing that.....we're debating how he might possibly make an appearance in episode 8 (despite possibly being dead). Smile
@panki

I know...I was supposed to be funny...can´t work every time I guess Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down