Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Art of The Force Awakens

+6
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Rowan
BastilaBey
panki
vaderito
Mana
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Art of The Force Awakens  Empty The Art of The Force Awakens

Post by Mana Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:12 pm

Some gorgeous concept art from the book 'The Art of The Force Awakens'

The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6ez9d7yr61v4q2hwo1_500
Kira and the Jedi Killer - Snow fight

The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6exwoKdVp1v4q2hwo1_500
Kira (Rey)

source:
http://reylooo.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mana on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Art of The Force Awakens  Empty Re: The Art of The Force Awakens

Post by Mana Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:15 pm

Some Stormpilot:

The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6f5qdya4Q1v4q2hwo1_500

Sam (Finn) and John Doe (Poe Dameron)

The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6f7ik1PNY1v4q2hwo1_500

Source: http://reylooo.tumblr.com/
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:24 pm

Sam (Finn)
The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6f3sdt3N01v4q2hwo1_r1_500

Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:27 pm

Mana wrote:Sam (Finn)
The Art of The Force Awakens  Tumblr_o6f3sdt3N01v4q2hwo1_r1_500

@Mana

That's pretty bada** design. Looks like Rey/Kira was originally more sexualized than what they ended up with (and for the better). I seriously dislike Jedi Killer design and having them fight when he's masked would have been awful. Snow Fight couldn't have been more perfect and sexy beyond belief.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:38 pm

@vaderito and Finn was portrayed as white and Poe was black...they switched races!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm

And Kira was originally Asian.But to my knowledge, they never tested an Asian actress. In fact, when they tested based on Arndt script, all canditates seemed to have blue eyes and brown hair (Saorise Ronan, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Xenia Solo, Taissa Farmiga).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 29 Apr 2016, 8:56 pm

vaderito wrote:And Kira was originally Asian.But to my knowledge, they never tested an Asian actress. In fact, when they tested based on Arndt script, all canditates seemed to have blue eyes and brown hair (Saorise Ronan, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Xenia Solo, Taissa Farmiga).
@vaderito

Jessica Henwick was almost cast as Rey (it was close to being finalised) when they discovered Daisy Ridley (so they may have initially wanted someone of east asian origin) She was subsequently offered the role of Jessika Pava.
Jessica Henwick is part singaporean-chinese and part zambian-english. Both Daisy Ridley and Jessica Henwick have dark hair and brown eyes.

The Art of The Force Awakens  Jessica-henwick
The Art of The Force Awakens  EWZWG6L8f9XcDoqkMOg98jb8uVGjJsbtBCyKjai338M

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm

Jedi Killer concept art. Really really would have been ok seeing Kylo ride this thing. Hot!

The Art of The Force Awakens  Jedi_k10
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

vaderito wrote:And Kira was originally Asian.But to my knowledge, they never tested an Asian actress. In fact, when they tested based on Arndt script, all canditates seemed to have blue eyes and brown hair (Saorise Ronan, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Xenia Solo, Taissa Farmiga).
@vaderito

Actually, there is a rumor that supposedly Jessica Henwick (who is half Asian) was the co-finalist for the role of Rey. Ultimately the role went to Ridley because Henwick was already "known" from GoT. She was supposedly very much liked and got Jessika Pava/Testor as a consolation prize. When I heard that, it sealed the deal that no way was Rey ever meant to be a Solo since neither Han nor Leia are Asian. XD

You can read the info about Henwick here:
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-trying-a-too-hard-to-make-us-think-reys-dad-is-redacted

Look in the comments section, somebody posted that info 4 months ago.

Edit: argh, ninja'd by @panki and with pictures too. Strong work. XD

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

@panki That was after Arndt left. new script, new vision. I guess when Kira was Hanleia's daughter (rejected Arndt's script) they went for a mix of Luke/Anakin (blue eyes) and brown hair (everyone else). Also, audition involved wielding a LS (as per Saoirse Ronan)

@Darth Rowan maybe she lost the part because Sand Snakes are the worst part of GoT, like seriously bad. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:06 pm

vaderito wrote:@panki That was after Arndt left. new script, new vision. I guess when Kira was Hanleia's daughter (rejected Arndt's script) they went for a mix of Luke/Anakin (blue eyes) and brown hair (everyone else). Also, audition involved wielding a LS (as per Saoirse Ronan)
@vaderito

You're right...I remember this was when Kira was Han-Leia's daughter....Luke was the one with Vader's skull....jedi killer was an actual monster....I forgot about that.... Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

vaderito wrote:@panki That was after Arndt left. new script, new vision. I guess when Kira was Hanleia's daughter (rejected Arndt's script) they went for a mix of Luke/Anakin (blue eyes) and brown hair (everyone else). Also, audition involved wielding a LS (as per Saoirse Ronan)

@Darth Rowan maybe she lost the part because Sand Snakes are the worst part of GoT, like seriously bad. Laughing
@vaderito

Just think... They could have had a Sand Snake from GoT as Rey and Todd from Breaking Bad (Jesse Plemons) as Finn. Those would be a couple of actors cast as really hated tv characters in two of their lead roles.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:43 pm

@ISeeAnIsland And Alex Pettyfer as Kylo. Twisted Evil he was in contention for a role in Arndt script. Jedi Killer or Sam?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

All of this makes you think how different this trilogy could have been.I have to say Arndt's script is pretty close to what Reywalkers wan for this trilogy: the good legacy Skywalker child vs a one note villain.I bet they wish he hadn't left.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 29 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm

CienaRee wrote:All of this makes you think how different this trilogy could have been.I have to say Arndt's script is pretty close to what Reywalkers wan for this trilogy: the good legacy Skywalker child vs a one note villain.I bet they wish he hadn't left.
@CienaRee

Yeah, I also think the Reywalkers just want to a good Skywalker (preferably as Luke-like as possibe) vs. a cardboard darkside villain, the most boring and forgettable story ever.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 29 Apr 2016, 10:10 pm

The Art of The Force Awakens  Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Concept_Art_AW-M01
Kira (Rey) watching a family departing on a ship
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:39 am

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:14 am

The Art of The Force Awakens  Bz1pcg6cmx0g1mq6rm5a
Jedi killer
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:23 am

@panki

Wow! I love the third one! It reminds me of the lake of apparitions in the Fate of the Jedi books. I wonder if the concept artist was somewhat inspired by that.

Last edited by AppleCrumble122 on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:31 am

Alex Pettyfer?! Seriously? I've only heard the rumour that Michael Fassbender was once considered for the Jedi Killer, though I don't know how accurate that was. He looks quite old for the role (sorry, Michael!). But Fassbender is definitely the smouldering Byronic type.

BastilaBey wrote:Jedi Killer concept art. Really really would have been ok seeing Kylo ride this thing. Hot!

@BastilaBey

That concept was for the young Jedi Killer, though - the one who looked like a young teenager. And those "young Jedi Killer" concepts were so late in the day, a few months before they started shooting. To me, it's starting to look like Kylo was originally supposed to be young when he turned, but Rian wanted to change the age of his turning to early 20s, for some reason (Rian wanted the lightsaber visions changed, and had input into Bloodline, right?).
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:38 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Alex Pettyfer?! Seriously? I've only heard the rumour that Michael Fassbender was once considered for the Jedi Killer, though I don't know how accurate that was. He looks quite old for the role (sorry, Michael!). But Fassbender is definitely the smouldering Byronic type.

BastilaBey wrote:Jedi Killer concept art. Really really would have been ok seeing Kylo ride this thing. Hot!

@BastilaBey

That concept was for the young Jedi Killer, though - the one who looked like a young teenager. And those "young Jedi Killer" concepts were so late in the day, a few months before they started shooting. To me, it's starting to look like Kylo was originally supposed to be young when he turned, but Rian wanted to change the age of his turning to early 20s, for some reason (Rian wanted the lightsaber visions changed, and had input into Bloodline, right?).
@Darth Dingbat
It's also possible Kylo's age in general changed (as in he was made older). But this decision would have been made years ago. The concept arts are just ideas that were at one point on the table, and I trust that if Johnson did want certain things removed and changed, it was because he felt he had a "better idea" that he wanted to work with personally. That tells me he's very invested in Kylo's backstory and Kylo's character in general, which is a good thing. JJ also said he loved the Episode VIII script (and he's obsessed with Kylo and definitely has a personal investment in the direction of his development). The Kylo Ren they ultimately gave us in the film was made for a transformational redemption arc.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@panki

Wow! I love the third one! It reminds me of the lake of apparitions in the Fate of the Jedi books. I wonder if the concept artist was somewhat inspired by that.
@AppleCrumble122

Wow! It is very possible!
It also got me thinking....could they introduce the lake of apparitions as the equivalent of Dagobah for Rey? I would love to see Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan etc communicating with her as she crosses....maybe even Palpatine if she has dark heritage?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:30 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:Alex Pettyfer?! Seriously? I've only heard the rumour that Michael Fassbender was once considered for the Jedi Killer, though I don't know how accurate that was. He looks quite old for the role (sorry, Michael!). But Fassbender is definitely the smouldering Byronic type.

@BastilaBey

@Darth Dingbat
It's also possible Kylo's age in general changed (as in he was made older). But this decision would have been made years ago. The concept arts are just ideas that were at one point on the table, and I trust that if Johnson did want certain things removed and changed, it was because he felt he had a "better idea" that he wanted to work with personally. That tells me he's very invested in Kylo's backstory and Kylo's character in general, which is a good thing. JJ also said he loved the Episode VIII script (and he's obsessed with Kylo and definitely has a personal investment in the direction of his development). The Kylo Ren they ultimately gave us in the film was made for a transformational redemption arc.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Oh, I don't doubt whatever changes were made were made because the new ideas worked better! But like I said before, the young Jedi Killer concepts were from November 2013 and January 2014 (the concept art is organised by the different changes of development in the book) and the film started shooting in April 2014 - so, at the very least, Kylo turning as a child or young teenager must have been still on the table at quite a late stage.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 6:37 pm

panki wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@panki

@AppleCrumble122

Wow! It is very possible!
It also got me thinking....could they introduce the lake of apparitions as the equivalent of Dagobah for Rey? I would love to see Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan etc communicating with her as she crosses....maybe even Palpatine if she has dark heritage?
@panki

I like this theory! The lake could be in the deepest part of the Ahch-To temple. She could walk across the lake surrounded by mist, and hear Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan speak to her, or hear their voices from the past like her vision in TFA (maybe even see some scenes from the OT as well). It would also be cool if she saw a flashback of Ben Solo being seduced by Snoke in his head, and maybe hear Snoke in her head as well. Or she could hear Kylo Ren through a force-bond? Maybe it could also have that "LOTR dead marshes" vibe it had in the books, and maybe Rey could see some of her ancestors, possibly giving her a clue to her heritage like you said?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next