Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Opening for the Force Awakens

5 posters

Go down

Original Opening for the Force Awakens Empty Original Opening for the Force Awakens

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 06 May 2016, 12:01 am

Mark Hamill confirms for the original opening for TFA.

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-alternate-opening-mark-hamill/

My question is ... is it Kylo's severed hand? Or is this whole line of story completely gone?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Original Opening for the Force Awakens Empty Re: Original Opening for the Force Awakens

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 06 May 2016, 12:10 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:Mark Hamill confirms for the original opening for TFA.

My question is ... is it Kylo's severed hand? Or is this whole line of story completely gone?
@SoloSideCousin

I think it depends on who gets the "Skywalker special" in VIII (assuming that the leak is correct)...and whether the loss of hand takes place in a flashback or in real time.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Original Opening for the Force Awakens Empty Re: Original Opening for the Force Awakens

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 06 May 2016, 12:14 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:Mark Hamill confirms for the original opening for TFA.

@SoloSideCousin

I think it depends on who gets the "Skywalker special" in VIII (assuming that the leak is correct)...and whether the loss of hand takes place in a flashback or in real time.
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh that's true. I didn't even think about Skywalker special being a flashback. I mean Kylo always does have the gloves on.

I'm glad that they didn't go with this intro. It always sounded cheesy. I always just assumed it was Luke's hand from Bespin, but now that the lightsaber might be Kylo's, I have more interest if any piece of this has survived.

I mean you have to think *something* has survived with the way the sword sends the telepathic information to Rey and how it goes to her.

The falling on Jakku part is weird. I mean did LST cut off Kylo's hand so that's why Kylo had a beef with him? I don't know ... too many unknowns here.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 06 May 2016, 12:16 am

Sounds as if it could have been Luke's hand from when he lost the saber on Bespin? Very odd though, perhaps similar to the force visions it's not meant to be literal. I wonder if original intent was for Rey to find the saber on Jakku and that be her call to leave.

It's also a rather gruesome start to a kid friendly film!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 12:21 am

I believe the original opening was supposed to follow the lightsaber's journey from Bespin to (eventually) Maz.

Glad it was changed though Very Happy That sounds a bit dull and exposition-ish.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 06 May 2016, 12:50 am

Sorry, slight correction. I once read somewhere the opening was following the lightsaber's journey from Bespin to Maz, but I don't know how accurate that info was. Could be that was later changed to Maz telling about the lightsaber's journey, until that whole thing was scrapped altogether. I don't know.

But the last thing I read was that the opening was going to be the lightsaber falling from Bespin and then being discovered by someone.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Fri 06 May 2016, 3:50 am

Looks as if they were thinking of making the lightsabre be the medium for carrying the plot. Explains the Forceback vision and the final scene, which would be more meaningful if the opening scene was the sabre drifting in space, trying to find a way to Luke.

But an opening like that would not be in the tradition of having a spaceship move across a planet, as has happened in the other 6 films, I think? They presumably felt they needed as many resonances as possible with the old films.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down