Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku?

+10
bashfulblueeyes3
Darth Dingbat
rey09
Darth Dementor
ISeeAnIsland
jakkusun
Slade
Jakku
Helix
snufkin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku?

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 18 Jul 2017, 3:31 pm

IoJovi wrote:
bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I have a feeling they will be visiting Jakku as well. I thought it was a made up nothing planet, until my husband was telling me about the history of it.  It also feels a little foreshadowing that Finn kept saying, " Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku? " , humorous as that was.  I could see it being really humorous if he has to go in episode 9.  I keep hearing episode 8 is about the Skywalkers and wonder if 9 is about Rey's family?  
@bashfulblueeyes3

Jakku has an amazing history if you've ever read the Aftermath books.  I'm still half way through Empire's End, but Palpatine thought it was the source of the Darkside and he was heading up excavations there after he came to power.  I really need to finish that book one of these days...

As far as VIII being all about the Skywalkers, I have a feeling it's going to focus very much on Ben Solo's backstory, and why he fell to the Darkside, along with what kind of role Luke played as well.  Likely we'll see all of this unfold through Rey's eyes.  

Glad to hear your hubby is a big enough SW fan where he can tell you the history of Jakku.  Mine is asked me who the guy on the right was when he saw the TLJ teaser poster... Laughing    

Welcome to the board, btw!  
@IoJovi

Empire's End is a hard book to get through, I thought.

I think they will be going back to Jakku in Ep 9 for sure.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku?

Post by snufkin Tue 18 Jul 2017, 4:44 pm

Oh I definitely think that they're going back because whatever happened to make Rey's parents leave her on Jakku will definitely be the key to what she discovers about herself. And the whole cameo by Simon Pegg, including being one of the figures in her Force vision. Like that was more than just the stormtrooper cameos JJ doled out to his other nerd friends, that was a key minor character. And Pegg wrote his entire graduate school thesis on Star Wars and has spoke at length about how seeing the movies as a child shaped him as a person. Like the one podcast he did with Mark Maron's WTF, Maron asks him about his thesis. Like there's hanging around on message boards, doing a podcast, or cosplaying at conventions. Those all may be work and time/money investments, but they're for fun. Any of us on here who've gone to grad school or who are currently going through a university program, that kind of commitment is more than just fun. And it wasn't him writing up a bunch of fan theories, that having to do academic research/analysis and then go through the gauntlet of defending it your advisor and department. So this is somebody who's at a whole different level of serious about Star Wars. Which makes it hard for me believe that Plutt isn't just a goofy character. He's the one who knows some of what happened to her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 Sat 22 Jul 2017, 4:52 am

There's a rumor floating around that Rey will go back to Jakku by the end of TLJ. Now I wonder if it's to confront Plutt about her past.
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 22 Jul 2017, 5:35 am

I am like, really obsessed with the idea that Jakku is the answer to everything. I didn't read the books but based on info from them, Jakku has an amazing past with very strong force life essence, apparently the emperor hated that part of the planet. At this point I'm basically thinking Rey is a product of the planet itself. I see it the way the powerpuff girls were made lol - 3 ingredients + chemical x. Palpatine went there to do some crazy mad experiment to take advantage of the force energies there. I may be wrong  but his lab was like on the plateau where the ancient "consecrated eremite" would be on, which was presumably filled with a lot of force energy. 

I was watching a theory video about how Palpatine was probably trying to create his protege after Vader, someone far more powerful and I bought that. Now I am assuming Palpatine was failing all that time but I think the key is the Battle of Jakku, which I think of as the chemical X of the equation - the thing that really set off Rey's creation somehow. I heard that during the battle of jakku Rax was going to see off something to destroy the planet and the galaxy supposedly? I wonder if Rey is very connected to that. Also Ben was born around the same time, so that would go along with their yin yang-ness, as I would like the idea if they came to being around the same time. So how to address the 10 years of Rey we are missing? Not sure but I don't think it's an impossible twist- maybe time slowed down for her or something. I remember hearing awhile ago someone on here said pablo seemed to vaguely hint at a time discrepancy in Jakku but I really have no idea. 

I know a lot of ppl are not into the whole force baby thing but I think she would be far more different than Anakin in this kind of situation- prequels never touched upon the spirituality of the force so his story was shallow in that respect. I think it would be interesting to see Rey progress like this - learn she has no family at all and it was all some kind of dream ---> rage out in anger ---> but then come to realize that she is one with the force and is capable of so much love for all. I'm basically calling it Mother Jakku theory lol. I think the lesson from that is really beautiful. Also if differs from Anakin's in that he is supposedly created willingly by the sith (and the counteracting force?), but in rey's case here, it would be more accidental or circumstantial if that makes any sense. 

I remember hearing from a knights of rant link someone posted where they talk of rumors Rey is actually the "anti-chosen" one, a bringer of doom or something, which if that was a twist, would also be very interesting mix if this kind of backstory was created for her.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 22 Jul 2017, 6:23 am

Rey is to Unkar as Anakin was to Watto in my mind. I expect a scene like this (bonus points if Ben is with her Razz)

Why Does Everybody Want to Go Back to Jakku? - Page 2 Img_7610
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2