Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

+16
ReyofLightSide
Magnolia_3.0
rey09
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
Jakku
SanghaRen
IoJovi
SoloSideCousin
panki
Rimfaxe96
snufkin
Darth_Awakened
Reylo Lemon
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

Post by Jakku Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:14 pm

Well, if there's any climbing round to be done in the temple, I think Kylo's going to have to delegate to Rey. That costume's not made for safe movement of any kind!

Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

Post by SanghaRen Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:17 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, I know that it's a convenient plot twist to get them to work together. I just find it interesting that they show it in Rebels and I guess in TCW too. I am split now between it will be a big part of the story and it will not because it's already too much in focus. Maybe there is no first Jedi temple. Maybe the first Jedi temple is a person. The first force sensitive person. Like the Graal in The Da Vinci Code. Would be too much of a rip-off, I guess, but it would fit with Rey being important to the Galaxy if she's supposedly a descendant of the first force sensitive person. Whatever idea I come up with, it's already been used in a movie.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:23 pm

Jakku wrote:Well, if there's any climbing round to be done in the temple, I think Kylo's going to have to delegate to Rey.  That costume's not made for safe movement of any kind!

@Jakku

She'll climb, he'll use the force to levitate himself up Smile Wouldn't it be fun if she gets up there all dirty and he's already there? She'll ask how and he'll answer with a Solo smirk "you refused my offer to teach you the ways of the Force." Obviously he would have used some sort of shortcut or elevator, not the force.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:26 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
Jakku wrote:Well, if there's any climbing round to be done in the temple, I think Kylo's going to have to delegate to Rey.  That costume's not made for safe movement of any kind!

@Jakku

She'll climb, he'll use the force to levitate himself up Smile Wouldn't it be fun if she gets up there all dirty and he's already there? She'll ask how and he'll answer with a Solo smirk "you refused my offer to teach you the ways of the Force." Obviously he would have used some sort of shortcut or elevator, not the force.
@SanghaRen

And now cue the Han and Leia-esque bickering.

I. Can't. Wait. bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 05 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

SanghaRen wrote:@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, I know that it's a convenient plot twist to get them to work together. I just find it interesting that they show it in Rebels and I guess in TCW too. I am split now between it will be a big part of the story and it will not because it's already too much in focus. Maybe there is no first Jedi temple. Maybe the first Jedi temple is a person. The first force sensitive person. Like the Graal in The Da Vinci Code. Would be too much of a rip-off, I guess, but it would fit with Rey being important to the Galaxy if she's supposedly a descendant of the first force sensitive person. Whatever idea I come up with, it's already been used in a movie.
@SanghaRen

I really hope that there's an actual Jedi temple, with an actual something for them to go after in there (even if it's just somehow imbuing better usage of the Force into them or something). With Rian saying that Raiders of the Lost Ark (one of my favorite movies) was a big influence, I've really got my hopes up to see something like that as a plotline in VIII.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2016, 6:02 pm

@Jakku

Oh, I think Kylo and Rey will be doing their share of climbing in that temple. Wink No one gets a pass, not even him. Those flowing black robes are a safety hazard for sure and will need to go. The armor he wears underneath will only get snagged on the rocks, so best to ditch that as well. Actually I think an outfit similar to this one would do nicely for climbing around inside of ancient temples:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o52dq4ymK71tdbakd_500

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 05 Sep 2016, 6:05 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

@Jakku

Oh, I think Kylo and Rey will be doing their share of climbing in that temple. Wink No one gets a pass, not even him. Those flowing black robes are a safety hazard for sure and will need to go. The armor he wears underneath will only get snagged on the rocks, so best to ditch that as well. Actually I think an outfit similar to this one would do nicely for climbing around inside of ancient temples:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o52dq4ymK71tdbakd_500
@WhatGirl

Oh my goodness, if this is a plot device to be used to get Kylo to undress out of those layers, please count me in!!!

cheers bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 05 Sep 2016, 7:46 pm

Here is an interesting bit of information from TFA novel:

Admiral Statura nodded in agreement. “It makes sense. The Empire would have been looking for the first Jedi temples. In destroying all the Jedi sanctuaries they would have acquired a great deal of peripheral information.”

We find out a couple of things from this line-

1. There are multiple "first jedi temples", which means Ahch-To definitely has one of them.
2. Jedah in RO might have also had one of the first jedi temples that was destroyed by the Imperials.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 15 Sep 2016, 5:46 pm

I am hoping to get more expansion on this guy, the one in the middle, the Bendu

And the First Jedi Temple may be a potential source of that knowledge depending on how old it is (remember, not only were the ancient Jedi very different from the circa PT or OT, but a current Jedi would claim such an ancient temple as their own regardless)
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Fri 16 Sep 2016, 6:35 am

Moonjump05 wrote:I am hoping to get more expansion on this guy, the one in the middle, the Bendu

And the First Jedi Temple may be a potential source of that knowledge depending on how old it is (remember, not only were the ancient Jedi very different from the circa PT or OT, but a current Jedi would claim such an ancient temple as their own regardless)
@Moonjump05
I'm looking forward to next season of Rebels . It's going to be great. Admiral Thrawn come back to canon. This Bendu teachings are similar to the Je'daii. Ashla and Bogan (two natural satellites of Tython) representing the light side and the dark. They see balance in a the different way. Balance between dark side and light, not like prequels Jedi (destroy the Sith).  I cannot wait.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:12 am

Geralt_Riv wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:I am hoping to get more expansion on this guy, the one in the middle, the Bendu

@Moonjump05
I'm looking forward to next season of Rebels . It's going to be great. Admiral Thrawn come back to canon. This Bendu teachings are similar to the Je'daii. Ashla and Bogan (two natural satellites of Tython) representing the light side and the dark. They see balance in a the different way. Balance between dark side and light, not like prequels Jedi (destroy the Sith).  I cannot wait.
@Geralt_Riv

At bolded, yes yes and yes! With canon consisting of so much Force related yin yang now (Mortis arc, grey Jedi in the TFA novelization, basically all of Rebels) it is clear to me TPTB have created a new conversation about the light side and the dark and the balance that needs to exist between the two. I mean even the new symbols for the light and the dark contain each other:
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Open-uri20150608-27674-pwsjm3_04f45199
I tend to imagine them like mise en abyme, where one becomes the other infinitely
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Abyme26

Or more commonly how yin bleeds into yang bleeds into yin/ night to day to night/ etc

An ancient temple would be a perfect place to explore these themes. And looking for pics led me to this old TCW moral that would be in front of the episode, in this case Overlords where Anakin must subdue both the light side Daughter and the dark side Son and reminds me of what Kylo will need to go through-

Balance is found in the one who faces his guilt.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:35 am

@Moonjump05

I'd also add "her guilt" as well. I'm taking this from Spoiler thread cause it may be more on topic here. Kylo's scar. To him, it's this:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_odir8cum361v42jzoo2_400

and to her is this:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo1_500
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo2_500
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo3_500

Their darkest moments (he killed his father, she almost killed Kylo). Both characters will have to face their guilt to find balance. of course, his guilt is much bigger hence why he's more dark. But the gist is the same. Since the line is canon thanks to Mortis, Rey will have to face her guilt too and right now her only guilt is scarring Kylo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:55 am

vaderito wrote:@Moonjump05

I'd also add "her guilt" as well. I'm taking this from Spoiler thread cause it may be more on topic here. Kylo's scar. To him, it's this:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_odir8cum361v42jzoo2_400

and to her is this:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo1_500
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo2_500
Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 3 Tumblr_o601y2gSHy1rdbd0qo3_500

Their darkest moments (he killed his father, she almost killed Kylo). Both characters will have to face their guilt to find balance. of course, his guilt is much bigger hence why he's more dark. But the gist is the same. Since the line is canon thanks to Mortis, Rey will have to face her guilt too and right now her only guilt is scarring Kylo.
@vaderito

That is an incredible phrase ... and it gives me an idea ... You know how when people have near death experiences they sometimes say they experience every good and bad thing they ever did? What if whatever Rey and Kylo find is like that? Something somewhat similar to the test Cate Blanchett's character kind of goes through with the ring in LOTR. Maybe it's some ultimate test of character, of facing your shadow, of facing of what you could be ... and what does it do to you? Do you come out wanting or bitter or angry ... or are you humbled and honest with yourself? Balance according to this phrase is Jung. You reach balance when you face and admit your darkness and accept it. Anakin always blamed everyone for his problems ... maybe Kylo won't in the end.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 17 Sep 2016, 6:54 am

@SoloSideCousin I'm totally hoping for some amazing Jungian fest, and visual presentation should be fabulous. Rian said the movie would be weird and I don't see how straight-forward Resistance stuff fits the bill. It must be Ahch-to.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 13 Nov 2016, 1:26 am

With it appearing that they're putting more emphasis on crystals in the new canon, if there is something tangible at the first Jedi temple, I'm now guessing that it's either a crystal or something that's powered by a crystal.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 Nov 2016, 7:59 pm

Either the crystal in the saber Rey has or something on Ache-to? Can they have her also have some kind of legacy crystal on her a la Marion in Raiders with the medallion? They seem to have already gone that route from the R1 TV commercials, could they repeat it again.

One thing for sure, there's gotta be a jewelry tie-in line coming from Disney.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 13 Nov 2016, 8:37 pm

snufkin wrote:Either the crystal in the saber Rey has or something on Ache-to? Can they have her also have some kind of legacy crystal on her a la Marion in Raiders with the medallion? They seem to have already gone that route from the R1 TV commercials, could they repeat it again.

@snufkin

There were hints in an old (pre-TFA) spoiler that Rey's/the legacy lightsaber might be key to accessing something at the temple. And, if true, it HAS to be the crystal, not the lightsaber itself that's going to be the key.

I'm simply speculating that whatever it is in the temple, maybe it's some sort of uber crystal. Or something that's powered by a crystal.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 Nov 2016, 8:58 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - it would sure explain why he's so crazy when Finn lights it up. Maybe also with Rey, his behavior during the fight is thinking that he could get both that *and* her. Although I still think that she has to be part of it as well, like as uniquely her. The whole point of TFA wasn't that the thing people really needed was the map or the droid (both of which he spends the first half of the movie chasing after and being the straight up bad guy), but that it was her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 13 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

Colin Treverro said Rey has a huge role to play, like in the whole universe or something. I think it'd be cool if she somehow inherited some ancient jedi...thing lol. And now her destiny is calling to her. And I'm wondering if Rey and Ren are more connected to each other than we really think. Maybe some kind of cosmic bond from the past. Not saying they are like reincarnations of old lovers or anything lol, but idk something else. Anyone ever seen Avatar? Reminds me of the Raava Vaatu thing, though I wouldn't want Kylo to really be Vaatu ish- he was evil.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:26 am

The island is one of the details that intrigued me most in this new trilogy. All this from the following questions that came to me: 1- What caused Luke to take refuge on the island where the first Jedi Temple is located? The fact that his nephew had allied himself with the dark side, would not be the reason for him to go in search of knowledge or whatever, I doubt he went to hide. 2- Luke has been on the island for years, apparently not just studying or hiding, but expecting something or someone ... what would it be? Rey, Kylo or both? 3- Kylo is crazy to find his uncle again, and seems to have Snoke's support, although this one does not make so much question. Why does Kylo only go with the knights of Ren the island? Does Snoke know of his destiny or is it a particular mission? I have my particular theory ... what do you think about it?
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 06 Dec 2016, 5:29 pm

snufkin wrote:Either the crystal in the saber Rey has or something on Ache-to? Can they have her also have some kind of legacy crystal on her a la Marion in Raiders with the medallion? They seem to have already gone that route from the R1 TV commercials, could they repeat it again.

@snufkin

Or maybe there's something in her staff?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 06 Dec 2016, 5:37 pm

@ReyofLightSide - maybe! Thing is that TFA set you up to expect that the map/Droid was the thing everybody was chasing after. But it was really Rey all along and b/c of her personal strengths (like kindness and optimism) and Force powers. So right now my guess is that who she is will be the actual thing for the next two movies.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 18 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

Did anyone who saw Rogue One notice the reference to 
Spoiler:
during the archives scene? 
Spoiler:
Fun Easter Egg or clue to what's in the Temple on Ahch-To?

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 18 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:Did anyone who saw Rogue One notice the reference to 
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

I did catch that! And I meant to bring it up here, but in the excitement of talking about everything else, I forgot.

Also, knowing that the temple at Jedha had been full of kyber crystals that were looted by the Empire, it's probably a pretty safe bet that a stash of kyber crystals is at least one of the things that could be found at the temple on Ahch-To.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:19 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:Did anyone who saw Rogue One notice the reference to 
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

I did catch that! And I meant to bring it up here, but in the excitement of talking about everything else, I forgot.

Also, knowing that the temple at Jedha had been full of kyber crystals that were looted by the Empire, it's probably a pretty safe bet that a stash of kyber crystals is at least one of the things that could be found at the temple on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

Agree 100% about the kyber crystals! Raiders of the Lost Temple is getting more and more exciting!

Spoiler:

@panki Eager for your weigh in on this.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum