Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

+16
ReyofLightSide
Magnolia_3.0
rey09
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
Jakku
SanghaRen
IoJovi
SoloSideCousin
panki
Rimfaxe96
snufkin
Darth_Awakened
Reylo Lemon
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Empty Re: Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:11 am

I still think there's an IKEA in there.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Empty Re: Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there?

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:15 am

snufkin wrote:I still think there's an IKEA in there.
@snufkin

lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:31 am

An Ikea full of kyber crystal articles : kyber crystal beds, kyber crystals tables, kyber crystal chairs, etc. With customized carvings on request. Everything a Sith or Jedi needs to decorate his/her castle (Siths) or cave (Jedi). And then next to the Ikea space, a Barnes & Nobles with some nice Imperial books and a Starbucks with caf and blue milk.

Speaking of, I am heading to Ikea now Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Dec 2016, 11:59 am

If they have those two together in the lost Jedi temple, it'll be the Mother of All IKEA Tests. Seriously, look it up. There's a study about how you can tell the strength and long term survival rate of a romantic relationship (regardless of genders or sexual orientation) on how they get through a shopping trip to IKEA. I was even joking about it when a friend reminded me that she and her super awesome husband met up and spent their blind date at an IKEA. Everything he did on that visit sealed the deal for her in terms of entering into a relationship with him.

Other question I have, will Luke be around during this visit? If the two of them sneak off together after the supposed hut explosion, what's Luke going to be doing in the meanwhile? More time sitting around meditating and smoking weed while having imaginary conversations with Yoda?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:18 pm

snufkin wrote:If they have those two together in the lost Jedi temple, it'll be the Mother of All IKEA Tests. Seriously, look it up. There's a study about how you can tell the strength and long term survival rate of a romantic relationship (regardless of genders or sexual orientation) on how they get through a shopping trip to IKEA. I was even joking about it when a friend reminded me that she and her super awesome husband met up and spent their blind date at an IKEA. Everything he did on that visit sealed the deal for her in terms of entering into a relationship with him.

Other question I have, will Luke be around during this visit? If the two of them sneak off together after the supposed hut explosion, what's Luke going to be doing in the meanwhile? More time sitting around meditating and smoking weed while having imaginary conversations with Yoda?
@snufkin

There's supposed to be that "meditation rock" scene that's only Luke. Given that Rey wasn't apparently in this scene, I've wondered if this is a scene that takes place after Rey and Kylo hypothetically take off together.

Also given that there were rumors of Chewie getting injured in the KoR fight, perhaps Luke stays behind to take care of Chewie?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:If they have those two together in the lost Jedi temple, it'll be the Mother of All IKEA Tests. Seriously, look it up. There's a study about how you can tell the strength and long term survival rate of a romantic relationship (regardless of genders or sexual orientation) on how they get through a shopping trip to IKEA. I was even joking about it when a friend reminded me that she and her super awesome husband met up and spent their blind date at an IKEA. Everything he did on that visit sealed the deal for her in terms of entering into a relationship with him.

@snufkin

There's supposed to be that "meditation rock" scene that's only Luke. Given that Rey wasn't apparently in this scene, I've wondered if this is a scene that takes place after Rey and Kylo hypothetically take off together.

Also given that there were rumors of Chewie getting injured in the KoR fight, perhaps Luke stays behind to take care of Chewie?

@ISeeAnIsland

If Luke's naughty nephew sweet talks Rey into ditching him for a hot adventure date to the first Jedi IKEA store and all he does is meditate about it, then he is a gigantic space hippie (and a crummy teacher). Yeah, I can't imagine that they'd have Luke tag along for that part of the rumored story line, so what's he going to do in the meanwhile?

Ha, so if it is a big dangerous adventure, wonder if they'll have a point where the two of them are in this situation?

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 8352fd5bf31d1ccfc18fe1f09f299764

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 12:42 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:Did anyone who saw Rogue One notice the reference to 
Spoiler:
during the archives scene? 
Spoiler:
Fun Easter Egg or clue to what's in the Temple on Ahch-To?
@MeadowofAshes

I did catch that! And I meant to bring it up here, but in the excitement of talking about everything else, I forgot.

Also, knowing that the temple at Jedha had been full of kyber crystals that were looted by the Empire, it's probably a pretty safe bet that a stash of kyber crystals is at least one of the things that could be found at the temple on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

Agree 100% about the kyber crystals! Raiders of the Lost Temple is getting more and more exciting!

Spoiler:

@panki Eager for your weigh in on this.
@MeadowofAshes

I love this theory. I believe Luke is in possession of something very valuable to the Jedi as to the Siths, recently I read about another very powerful light saber made by the Jedi Master named Baird Kantoo. This saber was incredibly powerful, it is mentioned in a series called The Freemaker Adventures, there is even a huge similarity between this family and Rey.

About Freemakers: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Freemakers
About Kyber Saber: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyber_Saber

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Latest?cb=20160211191245
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 19 Dec 2016, 3:47 pm

You know, when the object was mentioned as a file name, I thought it was a weird name. Just after watching Rogue One yesterday I watched the midseason finale of SW Rebels featuring the object, but my brain did not make the connection. I am one lousy fan.

I just had a discussion with @panki in the SW Rebels Season 3 Spoilers thread about hints to the ST in SW Rebels. I am the opinion that they will not put big hints to the main story arc of Episode VIII in a show or other material out there. I think they will keep the main story nicely locked up. And I also expect Rian Johnson to take unexpected paths and not rely that much on existing material. So I only expect Easter eggs. But that's both based on Lucasfilm's apparent willingness to take risks - let's not forget that the legacy son killed his father - and my wishful thinking for something different and a trilogy that stands on its own with its own mythology. Who knows.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Dec 2016, 5:19 pm

@snufkin

Now I'm imagining Kylo and Rey putting IKEA furniture together. It's pretty much guaranteed that they'd snipe at each other the whole time and eventually Kylo would get frustrated and destroy the thing halfway through. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@snufkin

Now I'm imagining Kylo and Rey putting IKEA furniture together. It's pretty much guaranteed that they'd snipe at each other the whole time and eventually Kylo would get frustrated and destroy the thing halfway through. Laughing
@ZioRen

Rare footage of Kylo and Rey putting IKEA furniture together:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Tumblr_oexsp4xyFR1v30h62o3_400

Only it seems to be Rey who gets mad and destroys it halfway through. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 19 Dec 2016, 5:37 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@snufkin

@ZioRen

I dunno. With Rey being so mechanically inclined, I bet that she'd get that Hemnes chest of drawers put together in the blink of an eye.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Dec 2016, 5:39 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@snufkin

@ZioRen

I dunno. With Rey being so mechanically inclined, I bet that she'd get that Hemnes chest of drawers put together in the blink of an eye.
@ISeeAnIsland

She'd just throw the instructions away because she doesn't need 'em and they make no sense anyways!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 19 Dec 2016, 7:51 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@snufkin

@ZioRen

Rare footage of Kylo and Rey putting IKEA furniture together:

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Tumblr_oexsp4xyFR1v30h62o3_400

Only it seems to be Rey who gets mad and destroys it halfway through. Wink
@WhatGirl

Kylo would hack it with his own modifications, taking an extraordinarily long amount of time to do so, meanwhile all Rey wants to do is go to bed.

Wait a second, that's my own husband. Nevermind. Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm

Mr Space Limo and high end hair care products would be horrified to admit that he even comes into contact with something as plebeian as IKEA. Especially because it doesn't coordinate with the whole goth castle in Hell vibes with grandpa's place. Although the truth is that he probably tried putting one item together and got frustrated with it

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Kylo_ren_1-184189

Rey OTOH would be a total IKEA Hacker thanks to her years of having to make do with scavenged goods on Jakku

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2016, 9:05 pm

IoJovi wrote:Kylo would hack it with his own modifications, taking an extraordinarily long amount of time to do so, meanwhile all Rey wants to do is go to bed.

Wait a second, that's my own husband.  Nevermind.  Laughing
@IoJovi

lol!

Now I'm wondering if there's fanart of Kylo and Rey putting furniture together... if not, there should be. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 25 May 2017, 9:04 am

What's in the first Jedi Temple? A giant bed surrounded by mirrors. I mean...

So another idea that popped up for me...
Kyber cup or symbolic cup: If you look at classic Christian/Arthurian symbology, sabers are masculine and cups (like the cup of Christ) are feminine. If we assume the Jedi and Sith went wrong when they divided and began using their (CROSSguard) sabers to destroy one another, what if the balance is found in the healing cup? We are already on a feminine (island in the middle of a water based) planet, after all.

EDIT: As an afterthought, a "healing cup" might be important to Snoke, who looks pretty damn decrepit.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 25 May 2017, 9:41 am

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:03 pm

This is what's inside the first Jedi temple... Very Happy

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Indy-bb8

Actually what I hope is that there will be a clue as to Snoke's origins. Maybe Snoke is the first Jedi and Luke is the last. The First [Jedi] Order? Confus
Millicent the Cat
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 23 Jun 2017, 12:03 pm

Millicent the Cat wrote:This is what's inside the first Jedi temple... Very Happy

Speculation about the first Jedi temple: What's actually there? - Page 4 Indy-bb8

Actually what I hope is that there will be a clue as to Snoke's origins. Maybe Snoke is the first Jedi and Luke is the last. The First [Jedi] Order? Confus
@Millicent the Cat

I've always liked the symmetry of that First Jedi/Last Jedi theory (spoiler?) when it's shown up on reddit. And if that's the case, some clue(s) to Snoke's origin would make a lot of sense.

The one thing that makes me skeptical, though, is if Snoke was the first Jedi, wouldn't he have known where the first Jedi temple was and would have been able to get to Luke a long time ago?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 23 Jun 2017, 5:07 pm

After the vaguest of hints, I just hope that we get SOMETHING shown that's a significant part of the Force plot and action (and an IKEA in there).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4