Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past?

+6
ISeeAnIsland
Reylo Lemon
CienaRee
Darth_Awakened
YoloKylo
Blackcanary
10 posters

Go down

What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past? Empty What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past?

Post by Blackcanary Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:06 pm

So, in a discussion about the Knights of Ren on the JCF forums, somebody brought up this piece of info from the Making star wars team podcast at http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/episode-101-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting-2/:

Maz leads the heroes (Han, Finn, and Rey) down a staircase into the catacombs of her castle, while she explains who Luke was, retelling the events of the original trilogy
When they enter the chamber in the catacombs, Maz continues the story and it goes to flashbacks (the rest of what follows takes place in flashbacks)
Luke returns to his academy and everyone is dead, they have been slaughtered
we then see the outside shot of Luke saying goodbye to R2 from the trailers
It appears it was the Knights of Ren who did this
Maz explains that Luke retreats into private life
We then see Naka's hand picks up the lightsaber (which is a reprise of what we saw at the beginning of the film), we then see him turn it on in his house and accidentally sets it on fire.  He runs away and then has to go back to get the lightsaber
Naka sells the Saber to a trader for next to nothing
The Clan is lead by a prosperous rich man
The Knights of Ren have raided the Clan before
The Clan leader goes to the trader and buys the saber to defend against the Knights of Ren
The Clan fights the Knights of Ren and loses
Rey and her parents were part of the Clan, but they escape the attack
Shot from the trailer is the Knights of Ren after having slaughtered the Clan
Kylo sees Rey during the attack
Kylo gets the Saber, but Maz steals it
The family gets away and drops Rey off on Jakku and have never gone back for her

This is from a seemingly early version of the script, before it became a force vision and was significantly shortened but it's intriguing if there's truth to it, and explains why that scene in the rain remains once the vision was cut down to make it more relevant to Rey.

However, the timeline on this seems rather...wonky to me.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past? Empty Re: What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past?

Post by YoloKylo Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:29 pm

The Luke part must be after Rey being dropped off by her family since I think we know Kyle turned was six years ago if it happened in the Bloodline time period.
YoloKylo
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past? Empty Re: What did TFA nearly tell us about Rey's past?

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/reys-visions-maz-kanatas-castle-audio-analyzed.html

This has just been posted at SWNN.
Think of it whatever you want lol.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

Oh,boy so know the Rey Skywalker camp has come to the conclusion that Rey is Luke and Obi Wan's diaghter's daughter because the lines Obi Wan is saying we're originally told to Luke even though 80%of her visions are about Kylo.
Now wouldn't it be mor realistic to theorize that maybe,maybe Rey's parents are DS because you know Luke was the son of a Sith Lord and a Dark user.Maybe ten whole point of similar hero journeys between Luke and Rey is because they're both children of Dark siders.Shocking to 90%of the SW fandom,I know.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm

That explanation Blackanarry post it makes much sense since Rey's parentage was originally going to be revealed in TFA and this fits.I know some were speculating Rey was part of a Clan which is really playable specially since the young actress playing little Rey said Rey was wearing "war clothes".It's possible Kylo could have seen little Rey or could have even spared her letting her go with her parents.
Who wants to bet that at least one of her parents is going to bar revealed to be a DS and/or related to Snoke or Palpatine?
Thanks for that info,I haven't seen it before.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:41 pm

Think about another obstacle on Kylo and Rey's way to be together if he really ended up slaughtering her clan.Talk about Reylo being groundbreaking for real if they ends up being cannon,lol.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:48 pm

CienaRee wrote:That explanation Blackanarry post it makes much sense since Rey's parentage was originally going to be revealed in TFA and this fits.I know some were speculating Rey was part of a Clan which is really playable specially since the young actress playing little Rey said Rey was wearing "war clothes".It's possible Kylo could have seen little Rey or could have even spared her letting her go with her parents.
Who wants to bet that at least one of her parents is going to bar revealed to be a DS and/or related to Snoke or Palpatine?
Thanks for that info,I haven't seen it before.

Yep, that's why it struck me as plausible. Plus, we know that the lightsaber was originally supposed to be an important macguffin - it makes sense that the heroine's backstory be tied up with it.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm

Why did they left those force visions out?! Annoying
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:08 pm

Because I think they changed some basic plotline concerning Rey s originis.
We have few threads over here discussing the force vision - and it is apparent to me that there is more than few discrepancies regarding the timeline.
On top of all things there is a new synopsis for Bloodline book - in which is firmly stated that there were more than two decades of peace and prosperity in the Galaxy.

So if Rey was left on Jakku as 5 or 7 year old and having in mind she is 19 at the time of TFA - she has to be left there during the period of piece, which suggests that at time Kylo Ren was literall a "good" kid.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:38 pm

I think you're onto something because according to Pablo the person Kylo stabs is identified as the clan leader but the actors playing the stabbed person said that he was a Knight of Ren so was this something that was changed maybe by Rian Johnson?Because the scene with young Rey was added later on and it doesn't appear of any of the novelization a however that clan leader does so I'mw done irony whether that was another thing that was changed in Rey's vision.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:46 pm

I remember reading somewhere that it was Rian who insisted the bit of little Rey and Unkar would be in the final version.
So who knows...
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 28 Mar 2016, 8:25 am

I'm thinking what if the lightsaber calling to Rey's not only about her connection to Kylo but also because she comes from a DS family and has a potential to go dark?A lot of people only listen to Maz saying that it was Luke's lightsaber but they also forget that Anakin used it to kill the sand people,Dooku,Jedi young longs,the Separatists and also tried to kill his old mentor and father/brother figure Obi Wan.And no the he was Vader then excuse doesn't work.Obi Wan still thought of him as Anakin,so did Padme.Anakin was still a man not a machine and bedside Vader and Anakin are the same person.
I feel like some people are just seeing the surface parallels between Rey and Anakin/Luke.Yes,she did grew up on a sand planet but that's as far as it goes really.She doesn't have the Skywalker personality and like some Reylo fans have pointed out her hero journey resembles Obi Wan much closer than Luke.
It's kind of ironic if you think about it Ben Kenobi and his namesake have been so marganized (Obi Wan and his importance to the Skywalker family and Kylo as the last Skywalker who was named after him)by the SW community or more accurately the Rey Skywalker camp.In both cases they refuse to see any similarities or connection to Obi Wan and Kylo.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:45 am

I think that the "calling" has nothing to do with the lineage/heritage thing. I think it is simply the product of the awakening and the fact that Rey is the first force sensitive person who came near to the LS.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:52 am

Yeah,I agree.It could actually be a sign that Kylo is meant to be Rey's teacher since a similar thing happened to Ezra in Rebels.Kanan's lightsaber called to him but they weren't related at all.He just ended up being Ezra's teacher and good friend.
The writers are really smart they know most of the audience don't watch Rebels and won't make that connection instead nthinking it means Rey's a Skywalker.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:56 am

CienaRee wrote:I think you're onto something because according to Pablo the person Kylo stabs is identified as the clan leader but the actors playing the stabbed person said that he was a Knight of Ren so was this something that was changed maybe by Rian Johnson?Because the scene with young Rey was added later on and it doesn't appear of any of the novelization a however that clan leader does so I'mw done irony whether that was another thing that was changed in Rey's vision.

i also get the feeling that there was a change late in the game as to Rey's origins and possibly to the overall timeline of how things went down. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that if in earlier drafts, Kylo was the one to drop off Rey on Jakku, but that because of other changes, it's now someone else.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:34 am

Yo! Ohtze here. Yer friendly neighborhood mod. A few things:

I am modding Rey's Lineage. I haven't read through all the posts here yet, but I will. In the meantime, the Rules for Rey's Lineage Discussion have been posted! Please check 'em out before you make any more posts (it would be much appreciated).

That's all for now!
bounce
Ohtze
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:08 am

i remember in the old thread there discussion about why jakku might have similarity with dagobah base on pablo tweet (i think its @panki) the planet might have timewarp/force ability just like malachor source of darkside power. dagobah like jakku might have force stealth ability thats why yoda dont want to leave from dagobah because his position might be tracked and that why he doesnt help ezra in rebel because he should train anakin kid and i think thats why rey left in jakku maybe because jakku have ability to conceal force sensitivity especially those who have high force potential. so when she leave the planet snoke and kylo sense an awakening
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:54 am

@creepi0

That is interesting and would make sense. There was also some theory that Snoke was after all the force sensitive kids not only the Skywalker legacy son. If she was from Dark Side lineage, at least from one parent, she would have been a very good candidate for Snoke. What I find strange is that Snoke does not seem to recognize her or even recognize her force ability. He only feels some awakening. He might be too far away but how far is too far in sensing these things?

Could it also be that, if there are planets that conceal the force, there are other kids that got hidden? Some food for other movies maybe. Makes you wonder though why Leia and Luke did not hide Ben on one of these planets.

I am not a fan of time warping. It could lose some viewers who enjoy their stories with minimum complexity :-)
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Wed 30 Mar 2016, 11:38 am

@SanghaRen im not fan of time warp either
about the kid that might be hidden too it possibility but i dont think so and yes finn said he taken from his family since still kid so there might be possibility that rey is one of the kid that first order want to taken so her family hide her

i agree snoke seem doesnt know her at all but it seem snoke know something and there might be a prophecy about someone but he didnt know who because he said to kylo "if skywalker return a new jedi will rise" maybe rey actually is the the new jedi snoke mention but he didnt know and he trying everything including destruction of a planet to make luke not be found or come back

luke might know too so he wait at first jedi temple because the map itself isnt about where luke is but more like where the first jedi temple luke seeking

and another thing Lor san teka said to poe he found the map so he might go to jakku to seek first jedi temple map because jakku is last hiding place of the imperial/empire so jakku might have the empire information archive
kylo said itself "the map to skywalker we know you find it" not "the map skywalker we know luke give it to you"
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:52 am

I was wondering, what if there is indeed some prophecy that states that a Jedi will rise from the Dark Side and a non-Sith-villain from the Light Side. But there is another part from the prohecy that is missing that says that the two will work together to bring balance the Galaxy. Maybe Kylo saw that part and believes that he has to go full dark and wait for the Jedi that rises from the Dark Side to actually bring balance back to the Galaxy. The problem is the future Jedi refused the offer.

Rey might also fight the idea that she comes from the Dark Side and hence that she is the Jedi of the prophecy.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:56 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I was wondering, what if there is indeed some prophecy that states that a Jedi will rise from the Dark Side and a non-Sith-villain from the Light Side. But there is another part from the prohecy that is missing that says that the two will work together to bring balance the Galaxy. Maybe Kylo saw that part and believes that he has to go full dark and wait for the Jedi that rises from the Dark Side to actually bring balance back to the Galaxy. The problem is the future Jedi refused the offer.

Rey might also fight the idea that she comes from the Dark Side and hence that she is the Jedi of the prophecy.

This could work! But how would he have found out about the prophecy? Do you think Luke might have told him and it's connected with what he's searching for at the Jedi Temple?
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:34 pm

@Airemyn

I don't know about Luke telling him. It would send Ben right to the Dark Side. Well, actually maybe. Would explain the guilt. At the same I would not see Luke do that. I would rather see him keeping this from Ben, but Ben would have learned about it from Snoke who would have only part of the prophecy. I haven't thought this all through, I must say Smile But I could see a cryptic prophecy - as usual - that everyone reads a different way i.e. Luke, Snoke and Ben.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down