Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past?

+12
Darth_Awakened
Piper Maru
ReyofLightSide
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
IoJovi
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
SanghaRen
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
reylo1992
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past? Empty Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past?

Post by reylo1992 Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

LF Official Synopsis for TLJ wrote:“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past. Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”
A thread to discuss about the most shocking truth in Star Wars history to be revealed in The Last Jedi:

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past? Last-j10

"The Most Shocking Truth In Star Wars History Will Soon Be Revealed!

A new generation’s tale of the struggles of light and dark, virtue and evil has begun with the death of Han Solo.

In a Galaxy where First Order and the Resistance are fighting against each other in a war, the heroine, Rey, had the Force awaken within her. What will happen to the galaxy when Rey and the only remaining Jedi knight, Luke Skywalker, meet?

Kylo Ren has fallen to the Dark Side of the Force and killed his father, Han Solo. As a successor of his grandfather, Darth Vader, and a high ranking enforcer in the First Order, where will his ambition lead him to?

Furthermore, Kylo Ren’s mother, the leader of the Resistance, Leia, Poe, Finn, and BB-8, will embark on a new mission.

The story has finally begun and it will lead to a mysterious climax."

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/805872/Star-Wars-8-news-SHOCKING-truth-last-jedi-japanese

What's your mind? scratch

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past? Empty Re: Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past?

Post by vaderito Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:12 am

Oh, no, it's Express, a tabloid that gets their SW fix from Mike Zeroh. So now they are hyping that Japanese flyer from 2 months ago. LOL.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past? Empty Re: Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past?

Post by reylo1992 Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:58 am

vaderito wrote:Oh, no, it's Express, a tabloid that gets their SW fix from Mike Zeroh. So now they are hyping that Japanese flyer from 2 months ago. LOL.
@vaderito

Whaaattt????Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Mea culpa! I wasn't on the forum for nearly three months because of my job and then "came back" only last week. So I only heard about this "most shocking truth" to be revealed through some media, including French media. So if I well understand, this information comes actually from M.Zeroh:?: affraid affraid affraid

Gosh! That guy is everywhere! Can't understand why so many media keep writing about his stuff as if it was the Bible! When I saw all the articles written about this "most shocking truth", I thought it was a real information...Or is it a true information but you mean that the media Express is not appropriate Question
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:59 am

Pablo Hidalgo said no one at Lucasfilm knows anything about that flyer so I doubt it's official. confused

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 11 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

So there is someone who would have faked that Japanese poster? Wow! I know that people are ready for anything but still...Now I realize that I shouldn't have stayed away from the forum for so long because I missed some important information
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 11 Jul 2017, 2:50 pm

That flyer is legit. Lucasfilm might be hesitant to vouch for info in a foreign flyer though. Could just be Japan trying to hype people up for TLJ with a dramatic ad, although, Japan loves SW, so I can't believe it really needs extra promo there.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 11 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

This article talks about how that flyer is getting picked apart and making waves overseas, specifically the "Kylo Ren's ambition," part and the "most shocking truth," bit, lol.

http://www.starwarsblog.jp/star-wars-the-last-jedi-flier-in-japan-theater/#
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 11 Jul 2017, 3:26 pm

Legit flyer or not... The most shocking truth could be that the first Jedi was a Vlad-like tyran and to make it even better, a Skywalker. And that throughout history there was always at one point one Jedi, powerful in the force, who lost his mind and turned the Galaxy into a place of terror because no human can control the Force when it's too strong in him or her and he/she gets consumed by it. Like a curse. And the Jedi swept the ugly stories under the rug thinking that the preaching and rules could be enough to control it or worse, knowingly accepting that every generation would have one victim. Come here, little padawans, one of you will lose his/her soul but it's a needed sacrifice for the greater good. Luke could then think that it's just better to let the Force stay dormant instead of waking it up and continue to feed the vicious circle by teaching the Jedi ways.

In any case I think a big shocker would have to do with the Force and some fat lie from the Jedi. Yes, I am mean with the Jedi but it feels so good to be mean with them Very Happy Even Luke does not like them.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 5:49 pm

Even if the Express isn't fit to wrap a fish, it's still a fun topic to consider. Because some fans treat SW discussions like they're in Bible study class, just swap out canon for gospel and you're there. Which is why the Dark Luke theory is so much fun - can just imagine the screaming from those quarters if it turned out to be true?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 11 Jul 2017, 6:26 pm

Japanese husband says that flier was distributed by Disney so it is official. He doesn't understand the need to guess much about the plot from it because it says the kinds of things a typical blockbuster movie promo would say, but then, he's not one to speculate about movies.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 7:02 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Japanese husband says that flier was distributed by Disney so it is official. He doesn't understand the need to guess much about the plot from it because it says the kinds of things a typical blockbuster movie promo would say, but then, he's not one to speculate about movies.
@Cowgirlsamurai

The studios often employ different marketing plans in different regions. I could be wrong, but I swear I remember hearing that they "give more away" when marketing in Asia than in the Americas or Europe.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 11 Jul 2017, 7:11 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Japanese husband says that flier was distributed by Disney so it is official. He doesn't understand the need to guess much about the plot from it because it says the kinds of things a typical blockbuster movie promo would say, but then, he's not one to speculate about movies.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I know I'm not part of the GA in this matter like your husband, but I'm not seeing anything that's really spoilery from this flyer. It's simply rehashing the same questions that came out of TFA to build anticipation.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 11 Jul 2017, 8:52 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

I know I'm not part of the GA in this matter like your husband, but I'm not seeing anything that's really spoilery from this flyer.  It's simply rehashing the same questions that came out of TFA to build anticipation.  
@IoJovi

The "most shocking truth ever revealed" could be way over stating things for dramatic effect too. Like, couldn't the most shocking thing revealed to date be Han and Leia's son being a villain? I mean that was supposed to be the big surprise in TFA before it got spoiled right?
I don't think it refers to Rey's parentage or something heavily speculated about. It could be something as simple as the reason the Jedi "must end," lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 11 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

I know I'm not part of the GA in this matter like your husband, but I'm not seeing anything that's really spoilery from this flyer.  It's simply rehashing the same questions that came out of TFA to build anticipation.  
@IoJovi

The "most shocking truth ever revealed" could be way over stating things for dramatic effect too. Like, couldn't the most shocking thing revealed to date be Han and Leia's son being a villain? I mean that was supposed to be the big surprise in TFA before it got spoiled right?
I don't think it refers to Rey's parentage or something heavily speculated about. It could be something as simple as the reason the Jedi "must end," lol.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't know what kind of shocking truth that's being referred to here, but what I do know is this reminds me of the type of headline you'd find in the Enquirer when checking out groceries.

I can only imagine what those GFFA headlines will look like when Leia's son is revealed to be Kylo Ren and second, it turns out he's banging Luke Skywalker's new apprentice. Laughing

Poor Rey isn't going to know how to handle that...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:59 pm

If there are tabloids in that fictional universe, I'd expect at least one planted story from a "friend" of Hux about how his SKB base project would be more successful if not for how that a**hole Kylo Ren has screwed things up. Or if one rumor/speculation pans out, the "shocking" demotion of pin-up flyboy Poe Dameron.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 12 Jul 2017, 1:47 am

reylo1992 wrote:A thread to discuss about the most shocking truth in Star Wars history to be revealed in The Last Jedi

Age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past? Last-j10

"The Most Shocking Truth In Star Wars History Will Soon Be Revealed!

A new generation’s tale of the struggles of light and dark, virtue and evil has begun with the death of Han Solo.

In a Galaxy where First Order and the Resistance are fighting against each other in a war, the heroine, Rey, had the Force awaken within her. What will happen to the galaxy when Rey and the only remaining Jedi knight, Luke Skywalker, meet?

Kylo Ren has fallen to the Dark Side of the Force and killed his father, Han Solo. As a successor of his grandfather, Darth Vader, and a high ranking enforcer in the First Order, where will his ambition lead him to?

Furthermore, Kylo Ren’s mother, the leader of the Resistance, Leia, Poe, Finn, and BB-8, will embark on a new mission.

The story has finally begun and it will lead to a mysterious climax."

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/805872/Star-Wars-8-news-SHOCKING-truth-last-jedi-japanese

What's your mind? scratch
@reylo1992

Obviously this poster has been the subject of discussion for a while, but when I saw it at first, I remember thinking that it's pretty widely accepted that the most shocking truth in film history-- not just Star Wars history-- was "No, I am your father."  And now since then, everyone expects a twist, so even a twist is (being expected) not that shocking.  I just don't think they can top it, because it was the first shocking truth, but also, because it came from out of nowhere.  Seriously, I was a little kid in the theater on a summer afternoon, completely un-"spoiled," and I did not see that coming.  No one did.  It was shocking, unbelievable, then believable, the subject of debate for three years-- and just awesome.  So I think this poster is whipping up the hyperbole.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 16 Jul 2017, 1:03 pm

After all the "different from what you expected," "people will be like OMG," "throws a curveball," "some expectations won't be met" and "goes in the opposite direction" type comments, seems like this topic deserves a bump beyond the initial Japanese promo material tease.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 16 Jul 2017, 1:24 pm

I think Luke is going to be the shocking reveal in this movie.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 16 Jul 2017, 4:03 pm

Well, I don't really know what to expect as revelation. I find it interesting that the BTS concluded with Leia saying that "this is about family" and that "there is nothing more powerful than this". Plus, I keep remembering this guy from Lucas Film saying that TLJ is all about the Skywalker. So I don't expect some shocking truth about Rey('s family/background) any more. I guess it will be a shocking truth about the Skywalker maybe something very ancient that brings us back to Anakin himself or even long before. Let's keep in mind that Anakin's origins remain unexplained so it belongs to the plot holes that I personally expect to be explained by the ST. If not, hard to understand why the screenwriters decided to focus on Vader's legacy both in Bloodline and TFA.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 16 Jul 2017, 6:04 pm

snufkin wrote:After all the "different from what you expected," "people will be like OMG," "throws a curveball," "some expectations won't be met" and "goes in the opposite direction" type comments, seems like this topic deserves a bump beyond the initial Japanese promo material tease.
@snufkin

They are reallllllly hyping it up. This leads me to believe we are definitely not getting Rey Skywalker and they are trying to prepare people for that. The Japanese flyer is the only place that says it is the most shocking, ever. I don't know how "I am your father" can be beat.

Not sure if it is meant to be shocking to the GA, or shocking to the more hardcore fans or those who have been paying attention. If it is GA, then no Reywalker/Reylo might be "OMG!". If hardcore fans, then obviously much more limited. Our predictions so far seem to be on target and even something like Rey Kenobi and Rey Palpatine have been thrown around.

What does that leave? Dark!Luke? Luke killed someone? Han himself pushed the trigger on the lightsaber? Ben's story?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 16 Jul 2017, 6:11 pm

Gotta say it's hilarious that Japanese leaflet turned out real.

Hyping like this is stupid because they cannot possibly live up to that. Whatever they reveal is going to be "that's it?"

I must say, though, that WTF's Rey the Harbinger of Death spoiler would be the most shocking truth. Everything about it, that she was the harbinger but Kylo fell into her place when he tried to save the world by getting rid of harbinger candidates.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 16 Jul 2017, 6:14 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:
snufkin wrote:After all the "different from what you expected," "people will be like OMG," "throws a curveball," "some expectations won't be met" and "goes in the opposite direction" type comments, seems like this topic deserves a bump beyond the initial Japanese promo material tease.
@snufkin

They are reallllllly hyping it up. This leads me to believe we are definitely not getting Rey Skywalker and they are trying to prepare people for that. The Japanese flyer is the only place that says it is the most shocking, ever. I don't know how "I am your father" can be beat.

Not sure if it is meant to be shocking to the GA, or shocking to the more hardcore fans or those who have been paying attention. If it is GA, then no Reywalker/Reylo might be "OMG!". If hardcore fans, then obviously much more limited. Our predictions so far seem to be on target and even something like Rey Kenobi and Rey Palpatine have been thrown around.

What does that leave? Dark!Luke? Luke killed someone? Han himself pushed the trigger on the lightsaber? Ben's story?
@ReyofLightSide

I've long been of the mindset that "Reylo" and whatever it encompasses will be the I AM YOUR FATHER moment of this trilogy, long before words like shocking and unexpected were thrown around by the marketing team. It's absolutely aimed at the GA, as opposed to the hardcore fans - it's where the most $$$ come from. Almost EVERYONE I've talked to that is a part of that group believes Rey is Luke's. Heck, my mom said it during her first viewing before she saw Kylo and Rey interact together.

Everyone on this forum who has followed the story team since day one knows this isn't the case, even if you take Kylo and Rey's very unfamilial dynamic out of the equation. We aren't the GA though, and so while we'll be cheering and drinking champagne, we won't be surprised in the same way members of the general audience will be.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 16 Jul 2017, 6:24 pm

I think the "shocking" revelation is that Luke is batsith crazy and was responsible for his nephew's fall.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 16 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I think the "shocking" revelation is that Luke is batsith crazy and was responsible for his nephew's fall.
@Piper Maru

Me too. That he was entrusted with helping the most precious thing his twin sister (who their biological father forced to watch her entire planet be destroyed and then her boyfriend tortured/frozen/hauled away to a vengeful gangster) had, her only child, and f**ked it up big time. The family part could easily be with Luke's obvious need in the OT for a heroic but distant father figure to look up to, that he ultimately poured his emotions and energy into an imaginary relationship with the deceased father instead of the living. What I had hoped (and still hope) would play out for the ST is that ultimately the shadow of Vader is eclipsed by Leia's in terms of who's the legacy in that family.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 16 Jul 2017, 7:39 pm

I think for some hard core fans who love the OT, the fact that Luke is batsith crazy and responsible for Kylo's fall will make heads explode. Just that rumor from reddit, stating that Luke is the antagonist of the movie, I went and read various fan sites that talked about that rumor. They want their shiny hero Luke, the guy who saved the day in the OT. The thought he might not be that hero anymore bothers them and will be shocking to them if indeed his batsith crazy. Even when I told my GA girlfriends, I think there might be something off about Luke, but I am just guessing. They didn't like that at all. They want Rey to be Luke's daughter sidekick and the duo will go off and save the galaxy.

My guess, Rey is not Luke's daughter, He is mentally unstable, he is partially to blame for why Kylo turned and that Kylo/Rey will become allies...any of those will be complete shock to the GA and hardcore fanboys.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next