Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Rey related to? New poll

+12
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Darth Dingbat
Mana
4forYouRey-lolo
Xylo Ren
IoJovi
snufkin
Gemini
panki
Reylo Lemon
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap7%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap24%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 13 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap13%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap5%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap4%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap0%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap22%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 12 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap0%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap20%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 11 ]
Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_lcap5%Who is Rey related to? New poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 55

Who is Rey related to? New poll Empty Who is Rey related to? New poll

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm

Things have changed a lot since we answered the first poll so I'm curious to see if our opinion as a community has changed or not  Smile
I hope I made the poll correctly
edit: Yay it's working Smile

Back to top Go down

Who is Rey related to? New poll Empty Re: Who is Rey related to? New poll

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 18 Dec 2016, 3:44 pm

I refuse to answer! Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 18 Dec 2016, 3:58 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:Things have changed a lot since we answered the first poll so I'm curious to see if our opinion as a community has changed or not  Smile
@bela.mesecina

I think the poll should have been multiple choice....also, there should have been a category for other force users and force worshipers like the shamans and guardians of the whills, church of the force, nightsisters, ancient jedaai (from legends) etc....most of these groups wouldn't exactly qualify as dark siders or lightsiders...their belief systems differ somewhat from jedi and sith.....I would have preferred voting for a category like this....but otherwise the options are pretty good. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 4:00 pm

panki wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:Things have changed a lot since we answered the first poll so I'm curious to see if our opinion as a community has changed or not  Smile
@bela.mesecina

I think the poll should have been multiple choice....also, there should have been a category for other force users and force worshipers like the shamans and guardians of the whills, church of the force, nightsisters, ancient jedaai (from legends) etc....most of these groups wouldn't exactly qualify as dark siders or lightsiders...their belief systems differ somewhat from jedi and sith.....I would have preferred voting for a category like this.
@panki

Sorry, I never made a poll before. You're right, there aren't enough options...Can you delete this one and make a new one?

Back to top Go down

Who is Rey related to? New poll Empty Who is Rey related to? New poll

Post by panki Sun 18 Dec 2016, 4:22 pm

Just updated Rey's parentage poll.....multiple choices are also allowed. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 18 Dec 2016, 4:41 pm

Ohhh it's all even Stevens lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 18 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm

Episode VIII
Who is Rey related to? New poll Md-are-you-my-mother
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 18 Dec 2016, 5:15 pm

My thoughts on Rey's parentage changes with the tide, but I voted Palpatine (for now). I forecast it will change again by tomorrow at 2:30pm EST.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 18 Dec 2016, 6:53 pm

I think it'll be randoms. Randoms with an important tie to crucial characters and story plots, mind you. But I think it'll be new characters.

I also noticed, by the way, that she says "family" not parents or mother or father. And also, when Han is telling her about Luke she specifically asks, "Why did he leave?" and I think if she were his daughter she would know. Rey knows she was left so it makes no sense if she were Luke's daughter asking why he left. People that think she's related to Luke because TFA makes it obvious need to answer me that one. Perhaps she didn't know Luke's real name because she only called him "Da-da"??
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 19 Dec 2016, 5:37 pm

I think people will always just go with what they think from the start, (what they personally gather from a movie) minds do not change :p

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 19 Dec 2016, 7:47 pm

Gemini wrote:I think people will always just go with what they think from the start, (what they personally gather from a movie) minds do not change :p

@Gemini

You and I must not have met yet. Laughing

You'll be pleased to hear I'm on the Obi Wan Kenobi train this week. Next week though, who knows...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 4forYouRey-lolo Tue 20 Dec 2016, 9:19 am

I like the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory, but I've also not seen any completely convincing arguments for it, I just like it. The parallels would be so nice.

I voted for the idea that she is a royal/elder house member though. Because ...I also just like the idea haha. I have no other basis for my thoughts! I think i just like the lost princess trope. Like Anastacia.
4forYouRey-lolo
4forYouRey-lolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:55 am

4forYouRey-lolo wrote:I like the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory, but I've also not seen any completely convincing arguments for it, I just like it. The parallels would be so nice.

I voted for the idea that she is a royal/elder house member though. Because ...I also just like the idea haha. I have no other basis for my thoughts! I think i just like the lost princess trope. Like Anastacia.
@4forYouRey-lolo

Not even all the new info that's come out can convince? :p
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 20 Dec 2016, 10:13 pm

Did we know before for certain that Rey's parents left her on Jakku and not strangers/kidnappers/people who were ordered to kill her/family friends? Because I think this quote from The Queen herself answers that:

Rey’s parents left her at 5, and we meet her when she’s late teens or early 20s, and for someone to keep hopeful that there’s a better life to come, I think, is astounding. Though she starts off alone, she very much finds her place in a group of people, and that’s lovely.”
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:21 am

Mana wrote:Did we know before for certain that Rey's parents left her on Jakku and not strangers/kidnappers/people who were ordered to kill her/family friends? Because I think this quote from The Queen herself answers that:

Rey’s parents left her at 5, and we meet her when she’s late teens or early 20s, and for someone to keep hopeful that there’s a better life to come, I think, is astounding. Though she starts off alone, she very much finds her place in a group of people, and that’s lovely.”
@Mana

That's awesome. So it was definitely the fams who abandoned her?

Well what jerks lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:33 am

Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:Did we know before for certain that Rey's parents left her on Jakku and not strangers/kidnappers/people who were ordered to kill her/family friends? Because I think this quote from The Queen herself answers that:

@Mana

Well what jerks lol
@Gemini

I definitely remember Daisy saying something like this..I think it was in a video...I found the quote but I'm still looking for the source. But it certainly looks like it was her parents that ditched her...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:39 am

Mana wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Mana

Well what jerks lol
@Gemini

I definitely remember Daisy saying something like this..I think it was in a video...I found the quote but I'm still looking for the source. But it certainly looks like it was her parents that ditched her...
@Mana

It makes you wonder why huh?

Scared of her powers and they knew Jakku was a good place to hide her?

Didn't love her? So they dumped her there?

Maybe they intended to come back and it was temporary (that was my first thought a long time ago)
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 21 Dec 2016, 1:56 am

Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's an article where the quote was published, and it's not just Daisy talking about her character, Adam and John reveal a little bit about their characters as well. It was published on the 11th of December 2015

'Force Awakens’ stars reveal interesting details
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:02 am

Very interesting, @Mana!

Can't remember if we've talked about this before, but what if it's an Oedipus type of deal? That a child is abandoned in an attempt to thwart a prophecy.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:05 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Very interesting, @Mana!

Can't remember if we've talked about this before, but what if it's an Oedipus type of deal? That a child is abandoned in an attempt to thwart a prophecy.
@Darth Dingbat

I love the idea of her parents being afraid of her power, or even being forced by their 'people' to abandon her because of it. But there's also the very likely possibility of them running from something, possibly Snoke.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:28 am

Mana wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I love the idea of her parents being afraid of her power, or even being forced by their 'people' to abandon her because of it. But there's also the very likely possibility of them running from something, possibly Snoke.
@Mana
I'm wodnering if Rey's parents were part of Snoke's circle(maybe they were living in the Unknown regions with some of the other people from the FO) and he made them leave her as a way for them to prove that they're loyal only  to the FO or maybe he also sensed she could become powerful in the future and wanted her dead.I think that would be a good way to connect her to Snoke and make him her enemy on a personal level besides hating him for what he's done to Kylo/the Skywalker family.

Last edited by CienaRee on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:29 am

Mana wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Mana

Yes - I think it's likely either that they were running from something (perhaps Snoke, but perhaps even the Republic if they were Palpatines or something) in which case they're most likely dead.

If they were afraid of her or trying to avoid a prophecy, classic style, they'd have to be alive. Which would leave us with BDT and/or Dern, pretty much. In that case her parent(s) wouldn't be some random background character...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:41 am

Mana wrote:Alright ladies and gentlemen, here's an article where the quote was published, and it's not just Daisy talking about her character,  Adam and John reveal a little bit about their characters as well. It was published on the 11th of December 2015

'Force Awakens’ stars reveal interesting details
@Mana
hahaha it's our local newspaper!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 21 Dec 2016, 7:51 am

Gemini wrote:
Mana wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Mana

Well what jerks lol
@Gemini

@Mana

It makes you wonder why huh?

Scared of her powers and they knew Jakku was a good place to hide her?

Didn't love her? So they dumped her there?

Maybe they intended to come back and it was temporary (that was my first thought a long time ago)
@Gemini

an old article pre TFA circa September 29 2015

“We heard an interesting rumor… and that her parents dropped her off on Jakku and she has been waiting for them to return”.

This new revelation is extraordinary and throws everything we thought we knew about Rey on its head and reveals a much deeper character story then we could imagine. Rey was dropped off by her parents, presumably for her safety. Which is suprising in itself as Jakku isn’t exactly Disneyland. It was also revealed in the podcast that the name “Rey” was indeed an alias to hide her true name while in hiding. We suspected her real name to be Kira, as that was discovered on the production set over a year ago. So here we have a young woman, left behind on a dangerous planet to go into hiding under a different name. A young strong woman waiting for her parents to return.

we can take the theory that Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia Solo and lay it to rest.

We now know (if the new rumor is to be believed) that she remains on Jakku to wait for her parents. Therefore her parents must have been loving and caring as she wouldn’t wait around for them if they weren’t

https://www.starwarspost.com/will-the-real-parents-of-rey-please-stand-up/

Rey's home in concept art

Who is Rey related to? New poll 534b11c37959a2bb815f7f9664cf7df1-1024x464
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 21 Dec 2016, 9:38 am

I was reading a Reddit thread yesterday and saw this speculation posted by a fan: This person theorized that Rey is the clone of Luke and some others. That his DNA was taken off the light saber that Maz had or Kylo had....

I honestly didn't finish this persons theory, I was just surprised at the length some people go to make her the daughter of Luke.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next